FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Point of law...

Point of law...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If I'm sunbathing naked in my garden, yes I do know its dark at the mo, and the cops come round after a neighbour complains, how's in the wrong?? Me for doing it or them for looking ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If I'm sunbathing naked in my garden, yes I do know its dark at the mo, and the cops come round after a neighbour complains, how's in the wrong?? Me for doing it or them for looking ???"

I think the general rule is you're ok so long as nobody is offended, if someone complains then someone is offended.

"If I'm sunbathing naked in my garden, yes I do know its dark at the mo, and the cops come round after a neighbour complains, how's in the wrong?? Me for doing it or them for looking ???"

Depends if the police turn up ready for action then you could thank your neighbour x

What did the cops say?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

depends if there are children around..etc..More a civil mastter then a criminal matter

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Gawd its simple how can you no know this.......you dont live next to me silly

"What did the cops say? "

Not happened yet but I move to a house with a garden soon and can't wait to get out there

By *uddleanstrokeMan  over a year ago

Bristol / Crete / Glasgow

the neighbour told me to bring my binoculars and video-recorder ... he didn't tell me i had to climb a step ladder as well! ... he was complaining you hadn't invited him round

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What did the cops say?

Not happened yet but I move to a house with a garden soon and can't wait to get out there "

If the sun ever shines I like to sunbathe nude, I do my best to screen myself from the neighbours to avoid upset so if anyone does see me they have to try pretty hard...like the guy who found important business to do on his garage roof

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Check who your neighbours are first... make friends with them. If they like you they're less likely to report you! If they're not offended, I'd be prepared for them to perve you.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Or plant a hedge to obscure their view!

I like to sunbathe naked too,It can easily be done without flaunting it in the neighbours faces

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Or plant a hedge to obscure their view! "

^ gets my vote lolol

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

i think its your garden ,,, your rules .. but to be on the safe side try to screen off the bit your going to expose yourself in

By *aisyMooMooWoman  over a year ago

Derby

you you cause alarm or offence then the police may turn up.

if not, enjoy

If you want to wander/sunbathe in your garden naked and you are overlooked neighbours then you have to be careful.

In an ideal world, your relationship with your neighbours would be such that they would not object to you gardening in the buff and they would never dream of calling the police.

In the real world, however, you would be well advised to take some simple precautions, including explaining to you neighbours that:

You want to sunbathe without clothes but,

You have no wish to offend or upset them

You will be discreet

You hope they have no objection.

Confining your naturism/sunbathing to a part of the garden which can be screened from the view will obviously solve the problem. If none of the above is possible, you will have to decide whether your desire to be naked in your garden is more important to you than being on friendly terms with those around you.

While the police may well be reluctant to become involved in a dispute between neighbours they are bound to investigate an allegation of "indecent exposure" or "outraging public decency".

If the worst happens and the Police were called, you would be advised to make it clear that all reasonable steps had been taken to prevent someone from seeing and that there was no intention to insult or to cause anyone alarm or distress.

On the other hand, no-one has the right to spy on you and if you find that your neighbour is leaning out of an upstairs window or standing on the top of a step ladder in order to see you then he or she may well be committing an offence.

Basically it comes down to whether or not you think your neighbours would mind and if they did what their likely reaction would be.

If you think they would phone the police then in my opinion I doubt it's really worth the hassle of having to make the effort of attempting to explain your position to the local plod unless of course you have reason to think they wouldn't be too bothered about it

If you rent your home however (especially if it is from a local council or social housing landlord) then this advice may not be of any benefit at all and I would respectfully suggest not taking the chance as they could very well become very prudish about it if they were to recieve a complaint from your neighbours.

Hope this helps

M

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"If you want to wander/sunbathe in your garden naked and you are overlooked neighbours then you have to be careful.

In an ideal world, your relationship with your neighbours would be such that they would not object to you gardening in the buff and they would never dream of calling the police.

In the real world, however, you would be well advised to take some simple precautions, including explaining to you neighbours that:

You will be discreet

Confining your naturism/sunbathing to a part of the garden which can be screened from the view will obviously solve the problem. If none of the above is possible, you will have to decide whether your desire to be naked in your garden is more important to you than being on friendly terms with those around you.

While the police may well be reluctant to become involved in a dispute between neighbours they are bound to investigate an allegation of "indecent exposure" or "outraging public decency".

If the worst happens and the Police were called, you would be advised to make it clear that all reasonable steps had been taken to prevent someone from seeing and that there was no intention to insult or to cause anyone alarm or distress.

On the other hand, no-one has the right to spy on you and if you find that your neighbour is leaning out of an upstairs window or standing on the top of a step ladder in order to see you then he or she may well be committing an offence.

Basically it comes down to whether or not you think your neighbours would mind and if they did what their likely reaction would be.

If you think they would phone the police then in my opinion I doubt it's really worth the hassle of having to make the effort of attempting to explain your position to the local plod unless of course you have reason to think they wouldn't be too bothered about it

If you rent your home however (especially if it is from a local council or social housing landlord) then this advice may not be of any benefit at all and I would respectfully suggest not taking the chance as they could very well become very prudish about it if they were to recieve a complaint from your neighbours.

Hope this helps

M "

Did you just type this out?? fair play to you

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

You can always join me for a bit of nudity on ma balcony

Some of it came from an article on a naturist website, some from my own experience of advising a friend/client whilst doing my bit at the local CAB

M

If you are naked and visible to others and they complain, you could be charged with indecent exposure. Even if you're in the house naked but standing at the window then the same applies.

Of course if noone complains then you will be ok. Obviously ensure you have secluded fencing etc

"If you want to wander/sunbathe in your garden naked and you are overlooked neighbours then you have to be careful.

You will be discreet

Hope this helps

M "

Cracking answer....

Just one thing to add, if I may.... Legally.... I can watch you from any vantage point on my property... I can use binoculars, or a telescope.... The only thing I am NOT permitted to do under civil law is to take photographs or video recordings....

It is a good point that you make and although in principle I agree the law is somewhat ambiguous in that area.

I probably should have made myself a little clearer on that point.

If you were sunbathing naked in your garden and had taken all reasonable steps to ensure that you could not be seen (ie you had put up screening) and then found (and could prove) that your neighbour or indeed anybody else had deliberately taken steps to circumvent said precaution for the purposes of their own sexual gratification then it is possible (although unlikely) that they could be prosecuted under section 67 of the sexual offences act 2003.

However as I note above it is unlikely that you would be succesful in gaining a prosecution as most police officers/courts would not see sunbathing naked in your garden as a private act.

That is not to say though that if you were faced with a situation where your neighbour did in fact phone the police or even threatened to do so that it wouldn't be worth quoting section 67 to them as you may find that just the threat alone would be enough to put them off doing so.

Insofar as quoting it to police (had they been called) then it is possible (although again not certain) that they would have a quiet word with both of you and leave it at that simply because a prosecution in either case would be unlikely and certainly not cost effective.

I would imagine that you would only get away with it once and any futher indiscretion would almost certainly result in a caution at the very least.

M

Looks like I'll be keeping me kit on then....thanks folks xx

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

if a man is naked and a lady sees him he's a flasher

if a lady is naked and a man sees her he's a peeping tom

» Add a new message to this topic