FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > bootcamps

bootcamps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

been seein a lot about bootcamp exercise classes on facebook recently and have been thinking that, with my renewed efforts in getting fit, that i might like to try them.

my qustion is this. i am obviously still hugely overweight...will i be too overweight to do it?

has anyone else done one? will they laugh at me if i throw up? will they let me back in if i throw up?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

I did one of these once. I thought I was going to die or throw up. Or die then throw up. Then they made me continue. Then I nearly died. Then I woke up the next morning and thought I was actually dead. But then I realised that as I felt every single muscle in my body and they all felt like they were on fire then I must still be alive and was being tortured instead.

Good luck though!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Bootcamps are designed for those that are not in shape-So no one is too overweight to do it..What they might ask is that you have the green light from your GP to take part...

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Maybe you could start with walking lots first and build up your strength and stamina then go to boot camp.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

The one I go to does 20 min classes. You can go for 1 class at a time.... or do 2, 3 or more.

Theres people there at all different fitness levels. Best thing is to give it a try.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've taken part in bootcamp style exercise classes when I worked withthe military, they are fully qualified & if you throw up, then so be it, they will not laugh, but they will push you further when you think that you can't do anymore. And it doesn't matter how big you are I'm sure you will be welcomed & they will work with you to get the weight off & fitter.

Good luck Honey, go & prove to yourself you can do it but be prepared to ache in places you never knew existed.

"been seein a lot about bootcamp exercise classes on facebook recently and have been thinking that, with my renewed efforts in getting fit, that i might like to try them.

my qustion is this. i am obviously still hugely overweight...will i be too overweight to do it?

has anyone else done one? will they laugh at me if i throw up? will they let me back in if i throw up?"

No you won't. It should cater for all fitness levels, and as long as you push yourself to the best of your own ability. you will benefit from it. Why not check if they do a beginner's class.

And don't worry about being sick, just means your giving it ya all

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Maybe you could start with walking lots first and build up your strength and stamina then go to boot camp. "

i already walk and run, am doing a couch to 5k programme but for serious weight loss and blood sugar control i need to up my exercise levels

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

if they laugh at you when you throw up that would be the warning sign to leave the camp and not return

the coaches job is to build your confidence and fitness and not take the piss

why dont you start with walking, then walking faster, then further before you do a camp and that way it wont come as such a huge shock

I did one when i was in much better shape than i am now and thought i was dying i found i had aches in places i didnt know i had muscles .... They are hard but worth it

» Add a new message to this topic