FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Giving up....

Giving up....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *livia_K OP   Woman  over a year ago

South London

Right, I want to/need to/should give up smoking. My problem is total and complete lack of will power. Tried various methods, even the e-cig, but again it's the will power that always fails me.

Need some tips from the ex-smokers who were able to find the will power. HOW DID YOU DO IT?

Way back when I was a rebellious, experimental teenager trying to be 'cool' I started smoking as most of my friends did. To this day it is the only true regret I have.

There, I said it out loud. Maybe this post will help me find the will power....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I got pregnant. That was 3 years ago and I've not had a cigarette since. Lolx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i have given up smoking after 3 an half years

was on patches from high to low

stop smoking after 3 weeks

speak to your doc about it n they point you in the right drection

I'll help if you want to take that avenue...

South London

"I got pregnant. That was 3 years ago and I've not had a cigarette since. Lolx"

Well I most definitely am not going to do that one! Although yes, that would be the BIGGEST motivation...

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

"Right, I want to/need to/should give up smoking. My problem is total and complete lack of will power. Tried various methods, even the e-cig, but again it's the will power that always fails me.

Need some tips from the ex-smokers who were able to find the will power. HOW DID YOU DO IT?

Way back when I was a rebellious, experimental teenager trying to be 'cool' I started smoking as most of my friends did. To this day it is the only true regret I have.

There, I said it out loud. Maybe this post will help me find the will power.... "

Have given up more times than i know, always go back to it. I love smoking, don't know why. When you are ready to you will and it will be easy i reckon, one of these things that is very difficult to 'force' Good luck x

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

I want/need - sorry, says it all - you really have to want.

This from someone still addicted - on the ecigs!

Good luck, but be honest with yourself.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

Have given up more times than i know, always go back to it. I love smoking, don't know why. When you are ready to you will and it will be easy i reckon, one of these things that is very difficult to 'force' Good luck x"

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Same here started when I was a silly lad in care an my only real regret in life

"Right, I want to/need to/should give up smoking. My problem is total and complete lack of will power. Tried various methods, even the e-cig, but again it's the will power that always fails me.

There, I said it out loud. Maybe this post will help me find the will power.... "

1st thing you need to ask yourself is WHY do I want to stop, once you have that answer you will be able to beat it, if you can't find the answer the. Will to give up will fade away

Do you have kids and granchildren. If so surely they are enough incentive because you will smell of fags no matter how you try disguise it.

If you have no kids what about folk you meet off here.

Also finally the money you will save is substantial.

Not apologising for having a go as this is a bug bear of mine and either you really want to give up in which case you would or you do not.

I wish you all the best but from my experience of folk that have given up just go for it. Stopoing may be unpleasant but unlike actually smoking it will not kill you.

Giving up is easy. I did it dozens of times.

South London

There, I said it out loud. Maybe this post will help me find the will power.... 1st thing you need to ask yourself is WHY do I want to stop, once you have that answer you will be able to beat it, if you can't find the answer the. Will to give up will fade away"

Millions of reasons - health, cost, it smells, too many sexy people on Fab who won't meet smokers (ok that's not the main reason)....

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I stopped by using patches.

I do have a foolproof method I could help you with if you like. However it does involve me and peanut butter

"I want/need - sorry, says it all - you really have to want."

This.

You need to 100% want to, that is why having a reason to (a child or whatever) is the main motivator.

You can do it though so don't doubt you can. Some of my friends (yeah, I do actually have some) who have the most addictive personalities I have ever met and I thought for sure that they would be 'lifers', have all quit.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

use the patches ... but stick them on your eyes that way you cant find your fags

Champix heard that's excellent

South London

"Giving up is easy. I did it dozens of times."

Yep me too. Giving up is easy, it's the not starting again that is hard!

No one likes a quitter.

1st thing you need to ask yourself is WHY do I want to stop, once you have that answer you will be able to beat it, if you can't find the answer the. Will to give up will fade away

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Register with you local Freshstart group! I did it on Champix...but you'll have the choice of other ways! Stay strong, be determined.

For every packet of cigarette I did not buy I'd put the money in a jar. I used to smoke 40/day so it quickly amounted to a nice holiday in the sun. A visual reminder that hits you were it hurst helps an awfull lot

Good luck!! I know you will succeed.

South London

"I stopped by using patches.

I do have a foolproof method I could help you with if you like. However it does involve me and peanut butter"

Oooh I love peanut butter. I have had an offer of help - by keeping my mouth and hands otherwise engaged....

Go see your doctor, they will set you up with a course of patches and give you regular support, it certainly worked for me

I quit 5 years ago using champix feel as tho I have never smoked n never ever get a craving ... if you really want to do it you will ... good luck xx

South London

I have pulled the unopened packet of Nicorette gum out of my drawer. It is sitting next to me. It's laughing at me. I am giving it a little pat hoping to make friends.... god I'm useless.

"I have pulled the unopened packet of Nicorette gum out of my drawer. It is sitting next to me. It's laughing at me. I am giving it a little pat hoping to make friends.... god I'm useless."
don't beat yourself up over the decision, take a deep breath there is always tomorrow

I gave up earlier this year and with the advice of someone on these forums downloaded an App called "Cessation Nation" to my phone. It's been a real help and I'd certainly recommend it. I'm now 105 days Marlboro free without patches, e-cigs or potions

South London

"I gave up earlier this year and with the advice of someone on these forums downloaded an App called "Cessation Nation" to my phone. It's been a real help and I'd certainly recommend it. I'm now 105 days Marlboro free without patches, e-cigs or potions "

Oooh I am going to look at that app...

"I got pregnant. That was 3 years ago and I've not had a cigarette since. Lolx"

its easier to give up when your pregnant I think, I packed up when I got pregnant with my first 20 years ago and ive never really smoked properly since, however I do have a fag when im out having a drink, I have no idea why, as normal day to day I don't even think about fags, if I didn't go out for 6 month I wouldn't have a fag for 6 month, but as soon as ive had a couple of pint I just crave a fag even after all this time

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"use the patches ... but stick them on your eyes that way you cant find your fags "

Oh that's funny!!!!

*smug non smoker*

By *anxfrankMan  over a year ago

isle of man

I gavé up using chapix tablets im now on day10 without à ciggie from 40 aday. you really want too give them up or you wont. After 10 days i feel à hell of alot better.

I wish you all thé luck in thé world cause it anit easy to give up.

» Add a new message to this topic