FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Winning silly amounts of money?

Winning silly amounts of money?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you won a couple of million pounds. Would it make a difference to you on if you had one hundreds of millions of pounds? Would you spend it differently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course it would make a difference. I would sort my kids out first, then me loved ones, have a chuffin big knees up... Then invest!!

[Removed by poster at 19/06/13 19:18:54]

God yes it would make a different

"Of course it would make a difference. I would sort my kids out first, then me loved ones, have a chuffin big knees up... Then invest!! "

I basically meant if you had £10 million. Would you just sort out your loved ones., invest, etc? Would you still do that with £150 million or would go even more insane?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Many millions would enable you to do some real good, you could probably change lots of peoples lives for the better. Is sort my family and friends then put loads into charities. Oh and but clothes until I was sick and take them home I'm my Maserati

Id go into work, just to tell em to stick it, although join agency as I love nursing

If I won a couple of million. I would make sure my family or friends and even their relatives are ok. If its enough I would give them money so they can retire or only work a few hours a week in a relaxing and less stressful job.

If I won £100+ million I would do all that. See how much of a dent its made and I will gradually clean up the dump of a town I live in. By bringing in more jobs to the area (by filling the empty buildings that druggies currently use to hang around) and offer a higher wage and treat the staff properly and if I am lucky put the place I currently work out of business and re employ the decent staff and give them a proper wage.

A bigger proportion will be given away the bigger the win.

Will I change? Doubt it, as I can't see myself rubbing shoulders with a different group of people if and when I have more money.

"A bigger proportion will be given away the bigger the win.

Will I change? Doubt it, as I can't see myself rubbing shoulders with a different group of people if and when I have more money.

"

I didn't mean would you change. I meant will you spend the money differently? But you just said you would give a lot away if you won more.

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"A bigger proportion will be given away the bigger the win.

"

They say if you become rich you'll get a better class of enemy. You're wise to stay away

No idea, but I wouldn't mind the chance to find out

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Many millions would enable you to do some real good, you could probably change lots of peoples lives for the better. Is sort my family and friends then put loads into charities. Oh and but clothes until I was sick and take them home I'm my Maserati"

WHY NOT SET UP YOUR OWN CHARITIES?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i'd keep half in the bank living off the interest... the other half i would help out friends and family, also do some form or charity work part time....

oh.. and i would never turn "right" on a plane ever again.......

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

oh.. and i would never turn "right" on a plane ever again....... "

Why??? You only gonna get on via the back door??

there are lots of animal charities that i would love to be able to give money to.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Many millions would enable you to do some real good, you could probably change lots of peoples lives for the better. Is sort my family and friends then put loads into charities. Oh and but clothes until I was sick and take them home I'm my Maserati

WHY NOT SET UP YOUR OWN CHARITIES? "

why are you shouting and rolling your eyes at me?

I'm with Fabio, live off the interest on a big win. Its plenty to do what you want to in life. My other idea is a non price gouging car insurance company & banking/ loan company. Properly winds me up seeing horrendous rip off pricing from those sorts of companies.

"I'm with Fabio, live off the interest on a big win. Its plenty to do what you want to in life. My other idea is a non price gouging car insurance company & banking/ loan company. Properly winds me up seeing horrendous rip off pricing from those sorts of companies."

If you won £10 million. Would you live your life the same way as if you won a £100+ million?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If I won £10 mil I'd sort my family out then open a little restaurant in York and experiment on the customers.

If I won £100 mil you lot wouldn't see me for dust.

"

I didn't mean would you change. I meant will you spend the money differently? But you just said you would give a lot away if you won more. "

Doubt if I would spend it differently, as my needs are simple.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" open a little restaurant in York and experiment on the customers.

"

this has put pictures in my mind that shouldn't be there

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

this has put pictures in my mind that shouldn't be there "

I meant foodwise but thanks for giving me ideas for a theme.

"If I won £10 mil I'd sort my family out then open a little restaurant in York and experiment on the customers.

If I won £100 mil you lot wouldn't see me for dust. "

Yes you would as everyone needs a PA and I would apply for the role . Secondly you tell me what you can do with £100 millions that you can't do with £95 million? Lol.

this has put pictures in my mind that shouldn't be there

I meant foodwise but thanks for giving me ideas for a theme. "

Just tell me where/when and I will be there

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

If I won £1million I could spend over £950 per week for the next 20 years, before any interest the money would accumulate. Damn sure I could live of that comfortably.

Would I move, no, I have my home just as I like it, have great neghbours, what more could you ask for

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Of course it would make a difference. I would sort my kids out first, then me loved ones, have a chuffin big knees up... Then invest!!

I basically meant if you had £10 million. Would you just sort out your loved ones., invest, etc? Would you still do that with £150 million or would go even more insane?"

I'm looking at sea front property on the south coast and stone cottages in the Dordogne should I take early retirement.

Day dreaming earlier I looked at what I'd buy with £150m. So, in place of either a £200k semi in Westgate on Sea or a two bed farmhouse with outbuildings and a gite I'm looking at £15m mansions in St George's Hill Surrey and £20m mansions in Palm Springs baby!

Nope, wouldn't go insane at...all.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm with Fabio, live off the interest on a big win. Its plenty to do what you want to in life. My other idea is a non price gouging car insurance company & banking/ loan company. Properly winds me up seeing horrendous rip off pricing from those sorts of companies.

If you won £10 million. Would you live your life the same way as if you won a £100+ million?"

okay... £100 million plus I could buy my own plane.... but why do that... just never travel in economy again...

first class baby!!!... always turn left, never turn right!!!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Of course it would make a difference. I would sort my kids out first, then me loved ones, have a chuffin big knees up... Then invest!!

I basically meant if you had £10 million. Would you just sort out your loved ones., invest, etc? Would you still do that with £150 million or would go even more insane?

I'm looking at sea front property on the south coast and stone cottages in the Dordogne should I take early retirement.

Day dreaming earlier I looked at what I'd buy with £150m. So, in place of either a £200k semi in Westgate on Sea or a two bed farmhouse with outbuildings and a gite I'm looking at £15m mansions in St George's Hill Surrey and £20m mansions in Palm Springs baby!

Nope, wouldn't go insane at...all. "

palm springs isn't that nice... honestly... mozzies the size of torquay seagulls...

i'd buy a house on the outskirts in some gated community with a golf course on my doorstep.... and woo binky from made in chelsea

London

"If I won a couple of million. I would make sure my family or friends and even their relatives are ok. If its enough I would give them money so they can retire or only work a few hours a week in a relaxing and less stressful job.

If I won £100+ million I would do all that. See how much of a dent its made and I will gradually clean up the dump of a town I live in. By bringing in more jobs to the area (by filling the empty buildings that druggies currently use to hang around) and offer a higher wage and treat the staff properly and if I am lucky put the place I currently work out of business and re employ the decent staff and give them a proper wage. "

Sadly where I live if I bought my three children flats, can't run to houses, and paid off my mortgage I'd be in work Monday as £2m doesn't go far in London.

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... now you are making me think..

monaco grand prix,

courtside season tickets for my beloved knicks....

box at the emirates...

british lions rugby tour.....

house just outside NYC, and one in arizona in the desert, good golfing!! plus you could just to vegas on big fight night weekends....

London

Nope, wouldn't go insane at...all.

palm springs isn't that nice... honestly... mozzies the size of torquay seagulls...

i'd buy a house on the outskirts in some gated community with a golf course on my doorstep.... and woo binky from made in chelsea"

St George's Hill is a gated community with a golf course. I liked Palm Springs when I was there 20 years ago. It will look peachy from the back seat of my Bentley

"If I won a couple of million. I would make sure my family or friends and even their relatives are ok. If its enough I would give them money so they can retire or only work a few hours a week in a relaxing and less stressful job.

If I won £100+ million I would do all that. See how much of a dent its made and I will gradually clean up the dump of a town I live in. By bringing in more jobs to the area (by filling the empty buildings that druggies currently use to hang around) and offer a higher wage and treat the staff properly and if I am lucky put the place I currently work out of business and re employ the decent staff and give them a proper wage.

Sadly where I live if I bought my three children flats, can't run to houses, and paid off my mortgage I'd be in work Monday as £2m doesn't go far in London. "

I know that. However with the right amount of funds and planning and "sacrifice". It can be done. I would move to an area where the cost of living is low. Maybe buy several houses and rent them out and use that to pay for the property you bought. Be surprised how much money can be made from property building.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Anything under £10m will mean 10% goes to charity, my sister gets half and a few other gifts to others.

At £100m 90% goes to charity (I already have all recipients worked out and the grant making model) and I keep 10% of which half goes to my sister and few other gifts to others.

If it's the Friday Euro win then half goes to my ex and a variation of the above happens.

I can easily spend 140M+ in fine jewellery just by buying a handful of pieces.

However, what is the point when I don't have the opportunities to wear them because I am not going to mix with the kind of crowd that brag about their wealth?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I can easily spend 140M+ in fine jewellery just by buying a handful of pieces.

However, what is the point when I don't have the opportunities to wear them because I am not going to mix with the kind of crowd that brag about their wealth?

"

sod that... you may as well call binky from MIC the future mrs _abio with that sort of money!!! lol

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I can easily spend 140M+ in fine jewellery just by buying a handful of pieces.

sod that... you may as well call binky from MIC the future mrs _abio with that sort of money!!! lol "

Binky and Fabio sound like a television couple already.

"If you won a couple of million pounds. Would it make a difference to you on if you had one hundreds of millions of pounds? Would you spend it differently? "

if I had 150 million pounds, I would spend it differently yes, I would buy a house, pay off all my debts, treat me and my children, put money aside for them and when the smart things are done with I would pick one or two shops I love and go crazy, take my boyfriend out and treat him and help him out but my smart head will always be on because I wouldn't spend it all, I would put a lot aside so I would be supported for a long time. I hate when I see people win a lot of money and spend it all in a year or two and have nothing again and i wouldn't help friends or family I know it sounds mean but I have no true friends or family I would wish to help tbh.

» Add a new message to this topic