FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Puzzling

Puzzling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I have my filters set so that only men 30-45 can message me yet I have had mail from guys as young as 19 and up to 49. Now I know I haven't messaged, winked or friended them before so they shouldn't be able to message me.

How the hell are they getting through? Anyone else had this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ninjas

By *mokeynbubblyCouple  over a year ago

poole

Damn those ninja's lol

I was just going to agree but it seems I don't have my filters set

Aaaah....!!! The advantages of being a Platinum site supporter....

"I was just going to agree but it seems I don't have my filters set "

I checked mine and they are still in place. I can only think that they alter their age to message then change it back afterwards.

"I was just going to agree but it seems I don't have my filters set

I checked mine and they are still in place. I can only think that they alter their age to message then change it back afterwards."

Ahhh that would explain it

I have had the same when the filters came in place so I clicked report and it turned out they had over a year before but I just didn't remember, try that too just in case

I checked mine and they are still in place. I can only think that they alter their age to message then change it back afterwards."

Hmmm never thought of that, easily done too

"I have had the same when the filters came in place so I clicked report and it turned out they had over a year before but I just didn't remember, try that too just in case"

But their profile shows they have never messaged and I haven't contacted them. I checked.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You shouldn't be allowed to change your age!!! It should only happen once a year automatically. Cheeky blighters!!!

"You shouldn't be allowed to change your age!!! It should only happen once a year automatically. Cheeky blighters!!! "

OH CAN U CHANGE YOUR AGE? I may have to nip back on to 'edit personal details' n put myself back under 60 as it seems to b alot of people's cut off age range LOL

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"You shouldn't be allowed to change your age!!! It should only happen once a year automatically. Cheeky blighters!!! "

I agree! I can't imagine anyone should accidentally get their age wrong but it should be set when you join and then only changed once working a day or two if you realise you've cocked it up!

Yes !! Under 30 and over 50 quite often and I've asked admin about it. X

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"You shouldn't be allowed to change your age!!! It should only happen once a year automatically. Cheeky blighters!!!

I agree! I can't imagine anyone should accidentally get their age wrong but it should be set when you join and then only changed once working a day or two if you realise you've cocked it up!

"

And for a month after your avatar is automatically a cock to remind you not to be one

"I have had the same when the filters came in place so I clicked report and it turned out they had over a year before but I just didn't remember, try that too just in case

But their profile shows they have never messaged and I haven't contacted them. I checked."

I've had it happen to me. They just change their age just to mail you. Cheeky devils lol

"Ninjas "
thats not very nice thing to say

I have the same thing and they get through

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

There's nothing wrong with your filters. This old fogey just tried it. Therefore they must be changing their age.

"There's nothing wrong with your filters. This old fogey just tried it. Therefore they must be changing their age. "

Old fogey ? Your younger than me pmsl

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

"I have had the same when the filters came in place so I clicked report and it turned out they had over a year before but I just didn't remember, try that too just in case

But their profile shows they have never messaged and I haven't contacted them. I checked.

I've had it happen to me. They just change their age just to mail you. Cheeky devils lol "

There are so many people that have an age range I do not fit in whom I'd love to message but I would never dream of changing my age in order to do so! And to answer the OP, yes it has happened to me a few times.

On the sister site to fab, run by the same admin. If you try and change your birthdate then ytou get a warning to say this can only ever be changed once to amend any errors.

Does that not happen here? Cos they don't allow you to keep changing it for exactly the reason to stop people getting round filters..

Are you certain that somewhere in the past you didn't reply with a no thanks?

"On the sister site to fab, run by the same admin. If you try and change your birthdate then ytou get a warning to say this can only ever be changed once to amend any errors.

Does that not happen here? Cos they don't allow you to keep changing it for exactly the reason to stop people getting round filters..

Are you certain that somewhere in the past you didn't reply with a no thanks?"

You can change your age on here easily enough! Tried it as an experiment and there's no warning message!

Does seem strange that you can - I mean even Funky with his time machine stays the same age on his travels I'm sure!!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

That's a bit devious isn't it? I mean what's the point? If you change it to message someone just to beat the filters so your message gets through, do you think that they're just going to overlook it? Apart from anything else, I loathe liars more than I dislike people who are outwith my age preferences but who message me regardless on the off chance I might feel like having a cougar day!! Surely that's an even bigger time wasting exercise?

People are right strange aren't they?

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If they are going to all the trouble of changing their age just to send me a message that I am going to ignore and delete - just thinking they are wasting more of their time than my own....bless 'em

"On the sister site to fab, run by the same admin. If you try and change your birthdate then you get a warning to say this can only ever be changed once to amend any errors.

Yes, you can change your age on here as often as you want. I've had three men outside my age range change theirs in order to message me.

I'm gonna have to go with ninjas to

I wander if a mod can answer why things are different on this site to the admins sister site?

Its not just the age change but also on the sister the filters such as age, only apply to single guys, but applies to everyone on here

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Ninjas "

What Ninjas

yep that works as long as they are smart enough not to have tried to message you with correct age 1st

report the message to admin

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I wander if a mod can answer why things are different on this site to the admins sister site?

Its not just the age change but also on the sister the filters such as age, only apply to single guys, but applies to everyone on here"

I cant sorry, Im a mod on here only so I dont know anything about the other site, but Im not sure why both sites would have to be the same just because they have the same owners.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

" on the off chance I might feel like having a cougar day!! "

Brill, I like that one

But their profile shows they have never messaged and I haven't contacted them. I checked."

Ah yes forget about that as mine happened before they came into place

"On the sister site to fab, run by the same admin. If you try and change your birthdate then ytou get a warning to say this can only ever be changed once to amend any errors.

Firstly how would I have been able to respond to any message if they shouldn't be able to message due to my filters, which I put in place more than 18 months ago.

Secondly, given that my filters have been in place that long, how does a 19 year old boy message me if he's only been on the site 3 months??

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I've had a similar thing. I don't have the block thing on, (due to forums) but it has the Stop Think message but still get a lot messaging.

I did remove my filters a month ago, for a day, but still get messages from 18/58 year olds.

I just delete without reading them now.

It doesn't especially bother me but its puzzling to say the least. I mean, why bother to have filters if people can circumvent them so easily?

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"It doesn't especially bother me but its puzzling to say the least. I mean, why bother to have filters if people can circumvent them so easily?"

I can't see people being THAT desperate that they change their age surely?

Or am I being naìeve again?

"I have my filters set so that only men 30-45 can message me yet I have had mail from guys as young as 19 and up to 49. Now I know I haven't messaged, winked or friended them before so they shouldn't be able to message me.

How the hell are they getting through? Anyone else had this?"

this happens to me all of the time - I have frequently said my age filters don't work

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I checked mine and they are still in place. I can only think that they alter their age to message then change it back afterwards.

Hmmm never thought of that, easily done too"

It is easily done. We once had a guy message who was at the limit of our age range but the silly man told us his age in his message (which was 4 or 5 years older than stated on his profile) so he'd obviously changed his age to get around the filter.

"It doesn't especially bother me but its puzzling to say the least. I mean, why bother to have filters if people can circumvent them so easily?

I can't see people being THAT desperate that they change their age surely?

Or am I being naìeve again? "

LOL does that mean I only get desperados?

» Add a new message to this topic