FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life through a lense

Life through a lense

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ive asked this before, but couldnt find the original thread so will start fresh as there are always new members..

I enjoy taking photographs a lot especially since having a child i want to document as much as i can as time truly does fly by.. On days out though i sometimes forget to put the camera down and enjoy the moments as often im looking for the one shot that captures the moment.

It was watching 'trooping the colour' that made me re think this as there was a shot of the carriage passing by the crowd and every single person was holding up mobile phones, slr camera, tablets etc..

Capture it in a physical photo to reminisce over in years to come.. or en capture the memory in your head/heart?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I only ever really take pics on days out or when all the kids are together which isnt so often now...but people don't have them developed anymore.

Its all on the pc and the odd one developed...I have mine developed every few months.

Im the same as everyone else i guess i like to take pictures of memorable things

I do print the best ones out and ive several photo albums.

Joys of digital photography if its a blurred image it can be deleted..

I hate going to gigs or events and loads of people have their phones out. Most of the times the pictures or videos are shit.

Seen peoples download pictures. They look miles away.

Because cameras have become so ubiquitous these days, it's hard to be without one at any time. With digital, we're no longer tied to the old limits of 24 or 36 pictures on a roll of film so we can be far more pigate in how many we take.

Sometimes though, you can get so caught up in trying to record the moment for posterity that you forget to be in the moment itself while you're there.

so nice to have photos to look back on.

when my son was born i couldnt afford a camera or anything, but my brother took some photos, of him and i was saying to him that i didnt have any pics of my son when he was first born when he looked like a little doll. so he had a photo book made and gave it me for xmas.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have several albums of pics I took on 35 mm cameras, am quite proud of some of them, but with all this new fangled digital stuff it's too easy to delete and re-shoot a scene or action pic

I used to keep budgerigars and have several shots of them in flight

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

A lot of my maternal side suffer from dementia, and I'm so scared of it happening to me, and not being able to remember things, that I too am guilty of living through a lense sometimes.

On research though, I recently found out that doesn't matter how many photos you have, if your brain doesn't comprehend that photo, you won't remember it, if you suffer with Alzheimer or dementia.

I still find it difficult to get out of the habit of taking photos of everything I see that's pretty, but I'm trying to live a little more now, rather than what might happen.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I never leave the house without my camera. I keep a daily photo journal and my memory is so terrible it's been great to keep a record of my life. I've been doing it for almost two years now so no, I don't think it's a bad thing.

"I never leave the house without my camera. I keep a daily photo journal and my memory is so terrible it's been great to keep a record of my life. I've been doing it for almost two years now so no, I don't think it's a bad thing. "

its really bad at the moment.. i will take pictures and upload them straight to facebook. its like my photographic diary. especially with timeline i can flip right back to a certain date and accurately know how old she was when i took that picture

I spent over 10 years as a TV cam op and often found I could get to the end of something like a sports event and had no idea who had won or what the score is as not only do you have to watch the action, watch your monitor and concentrate on numerous controls, you also have a director and sometimes a vision mixer/racks engineer constantly giving directions to you and the other operators (and you need to concentrate on their shots quite often too). Add in a crowed of 1000s and it becomes easy to be totally detached- although you still need a spare eye to watch out for safety too.

Even with simple photography for fun, you easily slip into a concentration zone and I've often seen people oblivious to things like approaching cars or trucks- all they can see is the image in front of them

"I never leave the house without my camera. I keep a daily photo journal and my memory is so terrible it's been great to keep a record of my life. I've been doing it for almost two years now so no, I don't think it's a bad thing. "

Your pictures are fantastic

You've a real good point there Dudette - definitely have your 'snappy' days but also your days when you can spunge it all up!! But bring the camera just in case - you never now, LOL

I know it's different for you with your daughter but if I do go somewhere cool - I like to spunge it all up first for a while (hours or whatever) & find that I take better photos that reflect my mood - so they're truer, also.

And you're better off putting your best pics on the wall rather than an album - you get to enjoy them more & they become a part of your home.

Oh well, just one of many opinions, I guess - but keep clicking LÖL

Edinburgh

"I never leave the house without my camera. I keep a daily photo journal and my memory is so terrible it's been great to keep a record of my life. I've been doing it for almost two years now so no, I don't think it's a bad thing.

its really bad at the moment.. i will take pictures and upload them straight to facebook. its like my photographic diary. especially with timeline i can flip right back to a certain date and accurately know how old she was when i took that picture"

There's nothing wrong with that, she'll thank you for having that sort of record when she's older. It's a cool thing to have. Just make sure you back up your pics so you don't lose them.

Edinburgh

"I never leave the house without my camera. I keep a daily photo journal and my memory is so terrible it's been great to keep a record of my life. I've been doing it for almost two years now so no, I don't think it's a bad thing.

Your pictures are fantastic "

Thanks lovely

Thanks lovely "

You have a natural talent and an excellent eye for composition that some of us have spent years trying to develop- Cow

I'm forever taking Pictures and do so nearly everyday x x

Edinburgh

Thanks lovely

You have a natural talent and an excellent eye for composition that some of us have spent years trying to develop- Cow "

I can show you if you like

Thanks lovely

You have a natural talent and an excellent eye for composition that some of us have spent years trying to develop- Cow

I can show you if you like "

I can go off people you know

Edinburgh

Thanks lovely

I can show you if you like

I can go off people you know "

You won't though!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

I sometimes prefer the memories ! I shoot a lot of gigs and the time just flies by and I often barely remember a thing about them afterwards. I even have to ask Mrs JFL (as she's generally my +1) if bands played certain songs as I don't even realise !

» Add a new message to this topic