FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > driving school cars

driving school cars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

following a learner today in a driving school car, nothing unusual in that, other than the driving school car was an Audi A6 allroad !!!

a bit big & powerful to learn in, and prices start at £43,000 for it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oooh spooky this

I have been looking into driving schools tonight

Is there anywhere I can get reviews of driving schools?

Are local better or worse than national schools ?

Is there a good or bad car to learn in ?

Or does it all come down to the individual instructor (and student) ?

There's a Driving School down my way whose fleet are all Peugeot 308 Cabrios!

Quite a few around here have 'flashy' cars, probably as there is so much competition and it's to attract new, younger drivers.

Who wants to admit they're learning in a Fiesta 950 Popular when you could say you're learning in Seat Leon Cupra, as used by one of the schools...???

ted.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Who wants to admit they're learning in a Fiesta 950 Popular when you could say you're learning in Seat Leon Cupra, as used by one of the schools...???

ted."

I learned in a Datsun Sunny. I suspect the skill of the instructor matters more than the car.

"Who wants to admit they're learning in a Fiesta 950 Popular when you could say you're learning in Seat Leon Cupra, as used by one of the schools...???

ted.

I learned in a Datsun Sunny. I suspect the skill of the instructor matters more than the car."

Mine was a 1977 Vauxhall Viva! And you're dead right - it was the expertise of the instructor who got me through the test first go - definitely NOT a Via!!

ted.

I learned in a Datsun Sunny. I suspect the skill of the instructor matters more than the car.

Mine was a 1977 Vauxhall Viva! And you're dead right - it was the expertise of the instructor who got me through the test first go - definitely NOT a Via!!"

Viva even!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

ted.

Mine was a 1977 Vauxhall Viva! And you're dead right - it was the expertise of the instructor who got me through the test first go - definitely NOT a Via!!"

I passed first time too. I remember my instructor chain smoked through the lessons, but hey. He got me through it.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Oooh spooky this

Or does it all come down to the individual instructor (and student) ?"

what part of the country are you looking at? most driving schools tend to be regional....

look around your own area and you will find some deals

as in mines

i seen a few for 5 bookings for £60

"Oooh spooky this

Or does it all come down to the individual instructor (and student) ?

what part of the country are you looking at? most driving schools tend to be regional...."

Liverpool

"look around your own area and you will find some deals

as in mines

i seen a few for 5 bookings for £60 "

I am sceptical of deals like that

I just assume they will get their money sonehow

Ie more lessons required regardless of how well the student is picking things up

as in mines

i seen a few for 5 bookings for £60

I am sceptical of deals like that

I just assume they will get their money sonehow

Ie more lessons required regardless of how well the student is picking things up "

no catch about them honest price just fine out how much is there single lesson usually £25 £30 mark - so yer saving

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I don't have a huge income so when I started learning to drive 4 weeks ago, I picked the school offering the best deal. Lessons £20 an hour, and 5 lessons at £10. Basically, lessons 1, 5, and 10 are £10, and the 2 hours on test day are £10.

I passed my theory today, and when I text my instructor he told me I had to book my practical because by the time the 6 weeks is up, I'll be ready.

I would advise avoiding the AA driving school. I tried to learn with them a few years ago, and my instructor was appalling, rude, shouted at me, and was very disrespectful towards me.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

as in mines

i seen a few for 5 bookings for £60 "

not uncommon, they tend to do this for people who are very very new.... mine did the first 4 hrs for £50, so you can get a feel for if you really want to do it...

then i was paying 40quid 2hr lessons each week..... they say you learn more in 2 hr blocks, then you do in 2x1hr sessions... as but the time you pick up something and get into the rhythm, the lesson has ended...

remember than learning in an automatic will cost more than a manual per lesson, however you shouldn't need as many to get up to test standard...

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

Some of the driving schools are for advanced driving instruction. So they may not be new drivers

"I don't have a huge income so when I started learning to drive 4 weeks ago, I picked the school offering the best deal. Lessons £20 an hour, and 5 lessons at £10. Basically, lessons 1, 5, and 10 are £10, and the 2 hours on test day are £10.

I passed my theory today, and when I text my instructor he told me I had to book my practical because by the time the 6 weeks is up, I'll be ready.

I would advise avoiding the AA driving school. I tried to learn with them a few years ago, and my instructor was appalling, rude, shouted at me, and was very disrespectful towards me. "

did you reported him for being abusive as you can do this

also you did not have 2 pay for the lesson.. just stop the car switch off engine and leave

By *hris148Man  over a year ago

I learnt in a Suzuki jeep. I still love driving 4 x 4 cars

I teach in an Audi

"I teach in an Audi "

your parking is questionable lol

*runs*

"I teach in an Audi

*runs* "

ahem your asking for a spanking

"I teach in an Audi

*runs* ahem your asking for a spanking"

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"

remember than learning in an automatic will cost more than a manual per lesson, however you shouldn't need as many to get up to test standard..."

But then you have to take another test if you want to drive a manual!

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"I don't have a huge income so when I started learning to drive 4 weeks ago, I picked the school offering the best deal. Lessons £20 an hour, and 5 lessons at £10. Basically, lessons 1, 5, and 10 are £10, and the 2 hours on test day are £10.

I would advise avoiding the AA driving school. I tried to learn with them a few years ago, and my instructor was appalling, rude, shouted at me, and was very disrespectful towards me. did you reported him for being abusive as you can do this

also you did not have 2 pay for the lesson.. just stop the car switch off engine and leave "

I was only about 20, didn't have the confidence I have now. If it happened now, I'd give as good as I got, and stop the car in the middle of the road!!

» Add a new message to this topic