FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > name and shame

name and shame

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ayjay218 OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

been talking to someone on here for ages and arranged to meet today and booked a day off work. as you can imagine a little pissed off

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Than report them to admin and let them deal with it...

Just put it down to experience. I think we've all been hit with that one on here!

i cant see this thread lasting for long

Aberdeen

yes I suppose, a multitude of excuses had to go into work, car broke down & traffic lol

why did you meet when your working, when you could of just met them when your not or after your work

Aberdeen

"i cant see this thread lasting for long"
Yes you are probably correct, but if you post one with your insightful, witty & intelligent comments im sure it will last for quite a while

"been talking to someone on here for ages and arranged to meet today and booked a day off work. as you can imagine a little pissed off"

Ok - a few questions!!

Talking on here? Just here? Or did you speak on the phone? Or chat on cam, either on here or Skype?

Are they verified, with a half decent profile, have been on a while and local to you?

Or was this an unverified, no pics profile with no previous veri's - that messaged you first and made all kind if promises as to what would happen on your meet?

Timewaster is a word often thrown about - but common sense, decent interaction (phone chats etc) and a sensible approach are all that are usually needed to avoid this sort of thing happening.

If you've done your homework and as much vetting as possible - you have my sympathies. If you've gone diving in and booked a day off after a couple of message swaps on site then sorry - but you only have yourself to blame for any disappointment!

By *BC TWOCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Leicester / Birmingham /Bucks

[Removed by poster at 12/06/13 15:27:33]

Aberdeen

"been talking to someone on here for ages and arranged to meet today and booked a day off work. as you can imagine a little pissed off

Ok - a few questions!!

Talking on here? Just here? Or did you speak on the phone? Or chat on cam, either on here or Skype?

Are they verified, with a half decent profile, have been on a while and local to you?

Or was this an unverified, no pics profile with no previous veri's - that messaged you first and made all kind if promises as to what would happen on your meet?

Timewaster is a word often thrown about - but common sense, decent interaction (phone chats etc) and a sensible approach are all that are usually needed to avoid this sort of thing happening.

If you've done your homework and as much vetting as possible - you have my sympathies. If you've gone diving in and booked a day off after a couple of message swaps on site then sorry - but you only have yourself to blame for any disappointment! "

yes messaged for quite a while and talked on the phone on numerous occasions also swapped face pics, but you live and learn.

Think positively !

What else can you do with the rest of your day ?

I can understand your frustration but it really isn't the end of the world

Also, completely throwing your teddy won't help matters.

Maybe, just maybe, the excuses were genuine and the person who you feel let you down would have met again at another point.

If you want to name and shame them, I am guessing they have had it both barrels in PM and as such, that may no longer be an option.

Positive action is usually more constructive than a negative reaction.

I hope you find something to do to take the edge off your day

Just dont fall for same crap next time - always arrange a "social" meet first because that tends to sort out the serious ones from the wanna be dickheads

Aberdeen

"Think positively !

What else can you do with the rest of your day ?

I can understand your frustration but it really isn't the end of the world

Also, completely throwing your teddy won't help matters.

Maybe, just maybe, the excuses were genuine and the person who you feel let you down would have met again at another point.

If you want to name and shame them, I am guessing they have had it both barrels in PM and as such, that may no longer be an option.

Positive action is usually more constructive than a negative reaction.

I hope you find something to do to take the edge off your day "

yes beer lol

» Add a new message to this topic