FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Winks

Winks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there any point to winks on here, I have seen quite a lot of profiles that say winks not welcome and such like so don't tend to wink at anyone. As I am not great at 1st messages to people a wink seems to be a good way to get started and seen if the other person is interested however if they block people that do wink is there much point in the wink system? Just looking for people's thoughts on this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

I find winks pointless and I just delete them or ignore them. As a single girl on here I just get far too many. If someone wants to get anywhere a well thought out message goes a million times further.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have to admit, I don't bother with the winks if honest. Although I have replied with a message for a few of them...

Hmmmmmmm, maybe they'd be better off with a WANK button?

I do, don't see whats wrong with them. You show interest, they respond if they are interested and youu start messaging from there. I'd rather have a wink ignored than a message, especially if I put effort into it.

Plus if someone isn't attracted to you, I doubt any message or wink will change their mind

"I have seen quite a lot of profiles that say winks not welcome . "

But of course you will have read the profile first, so will know if they dislike winks, otherwise you would be a random winker having a wink over every photo that you like...

It's a site tool you can use or abuse, as long as the wink is quickly followed by a message should it get a response. Then it may work for you.

"I have seen quite a lot of profiles that say winks not welcome .

But of course you will have read the profile first, so will know if they dislike winks, otherwise you would be a random winker having a wink over every photo that you like...

It's a site tool you can use or abuse, as long as the wink is quickly followed by a message should it get a response. Then it may work for you. "

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't mind wink but don't get many anyway. I prefer messages tbh.

It's a site tool you can use or abuse, as long as the wink is quickly followed by a message should it get a response. Then it may work for you.

"

How could you write that without pissing yourself?

Personally don't mind the winks at all,altho I do forget sometimes they are there...but its a quick way of showing interest.

"Personally don't mind the winks at all,altho I do forget sometimes they are there...but its a quick way of showing interest."

WINK. LÖL

Some peoples over reaction to getting a wink which they can ignore and don't even have to look at is just as though you've sent a steaming dog poo to their inbox

They don't bother me at all,its an initial interest that I can follow up if I want to

"Personally don't mind the winks at all,altho I do forget sometimes they are there...but its a quick way of showing interest.

WINK. LÖL "

I delete all winks without checking out the senders from Day 1.

"Personally don't mind the winks at all,altho I do forget sometimes they are there...but its a quick way of showing interest.

WINK. LÖL

"

5? You've hit the twitch button by mistake

WINK. LÖL

5? You've hit the twitch button by mistake "

no I like to wink....

WINK. LÖL

no I like to wink.... "

Okay wink away

WINK. LÖL

no I like to wink....

Okay wink away"

I intend to sir

"Some peoples over reaction to getting a wink which they can ignore and don't even have to look at is just as though you've sent a steaming dog poo to their inbox

They don't bother me at all,its an initial interest that I can follow up if I want to "

This

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

If I see a rant on a profile about winks. I send them another just to keep their hissy bubbling.

I can picture the steaming ears and red sweaty face, as they feel compelled to waste valuable time and click delete.

It's even better when they come in here, breathing into a bag whilst typing "Some fucktard hasn't read my profile and winked me. Aaaarrrgh"

"

It's even better when they come in here, breathing into a bag whilst typing "Some fucktard hasn't read my profile and winked me. Aaaarrrgh""

Haha! they would soon have a whinge if they got no attention at all though.......tumble blowing through their profile

I think they are a good way of breaking the ice... when I remember to check my winks

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's a site tool you can use or abuse, as long as the wink is quickly followed by a message should it get a response. Then it may work for you. "

I always read people's profiles otherwise I don't know if I match what they are looking for or not.

How could you write that without pissing yourself? "

I couldn't

"It's even better when they come in here, breathing into a bag whilst typing "Some fucktard hasn't read my profile and winked me. Aaaarrrgh""

Even better are the one's who come in here ranting about people looking at their profile without messaging, makes I larf

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I love a good winker (on Fab and in the streets).

I assume that those who wink me have read my profile where it states winks mean let's have sex NOW!!

On the streets I wink at hunnies and they mean "how's it goin', gorgeous"?

Always get a smile back even if they suppress it once they realise what they've done lol!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I think the current wink system is too ambiguous.

I propose we have a wink interface where I can select the type of wink I want to send. The types are as follows:

Knowing wink

Ironic wink

I like your pictures wink

I want to drill you wink

I have a nervous tick wink

I would like to add you as a friend wink

I'm bored and am winking at everyone wink

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Winkety Wink could make a good game show.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I have a look at my winks, but I always think they've pressed the wrong button and didn't mean to wink

Just think they're a harmless feature of the site and don't get how people moan about getting them, either don't look or just bulk delete them. Not hard really

By *earhugs1Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not offended by winks but not really sure I see the point in them. Seems to me if u want to contact someone a nice wee message is nicer. Otherwise it means the person receiving the wink has to make the first proper contact. Or wink back! But that could just go on and on! Always tend to think that ppl who message have put thought into it. But worry that winks are ppl who randomly wink lots of ppl. Tend not to reply very often. But certainly wouldn't go on a rant about it. K x

How could you write that without pissing yourself?

I couldn't "

Me neither hehehehpsssssheheheh

By *--Cinders---Couple  over a year ago

a place near Blackpool

I don't like winks, much prefer a message...

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

I try to help

"I don't like winks, much prefer a message..."

How about s WINK as a message?

» Add a new message to this topic