FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dull replies

Dull replies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey everyone!

I'm not gonna rant about women not replying, there's enough of that from my kind on here! But I have noticed something even more annoying and rather bizarre!

If I see a woman I like the look of, I'll read their profile and, if I think they'll like me, I'll write out a message explaining who I am, what I'm into and (if there's enough to go on in their profile) why I think we'd have fun together. Now, more often than not, that email will get deleted. Fair enough, I'm not everyone's cuppa tea, and sometimes I'll get a reply and we'll get to know each other and take it further.

But sometimes I get the odd response with something like "Sounds good..." or "Yes." I'm really not sure what I can do with that. I often reply to these enthusiastically, to which I may receive another two word reply or something.

Is this just me? Are these women just trying to let me down gently or play some kind of game? What exactly does it sound like when doves cry?

Thoughts and theories are welcome!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

not sure

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

You are not alone here. Some times it's like pulling teeth to get more than a two word reply.

It's helpful though as it tells me what effort they make

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

in your second message try to put in some questions about herself so she cant reply with one word answers

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

There single men

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"You are not alone here. Some times it's like pulling teeth to get more than a two word reply.

It's helpful though as it tells me what effort they make"

Sometimes people don't read the signs and keep on plugging!

This is supposed to be fun: pulling teeth is not! If you send a detailed message and get a one word response it's a clue you're not compatible!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happens here too and i take the view that the lack of words is indicative of either a lack if humour or a lack of intelligence .... after all, it couldn't be a lack of interest

.... could it ???

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Happens here too and i take the view that the lack of words is indicative of either a lack if humour or a lack of intelligence .... after all, it couldn't be a lack of interest

.... could it ??? "

God forbid !

Or maybe they're busy and only got time for a quick answer

"Or maybe they're busy and only got time for a quick answer "

Really?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"not sure"

Very amusing

Because, OP, one of the reasons might be that it's actually a guy the other end having a laugh but can't think of anything to write back. Or maybe the woman isn't that interested after all, maybe they are shy, not good with words or waiting to see if you say more. Hundreds of reasons....

In my experience of this site the woman can be a bit monosyllabic, but when meeting in person they're the complete opposite!

Maybe it's something to do with them not becoming too invested in you prior to a meet because there's lots of bullshitters and timewasters on here

"Or maybe they're busy and only got time for a quick answer

Really? "

Yes really

Im a bugger for reading messages when im out and about and as my boobs are my first picture I cant reply as people can see my assets plastered all over my screen... so this means it looks like ive read and not replied ... When really ive just not replied YET

"Hey everyone!

I'm not gonna rant about women not replying, there's enough of that from my kind on here! But I have noticed something even more annoying and rather bizarre!

If I see a woman I like the look of, I'll read their profile and, if I think they'll like me, I'll write out a message explaining who I am, what I'm into and (if there's enough to go on in their profile) why I think we'd have fun together. Now, more often than not, that email will get deleted. Fair enough, I'm not everyone's cuppa tea, and sometimes I'll get a reply and we'll get to know each other and take it further.

But sometimes I get the odd response with something like "Sounds good..." or "Yes." I'm really not sure what I can do with that. I often reply to these enthusiastically, to which I may receive another two word reply or something.

Is this just me? Are these women just trying to let me down gently or play some kind of game? What exactly does it sound like when doves cry?

Thoughts and theories are welcome! "

NEVER forget the WORLD is full of eejits - n sum of em have managed to slip under the radar n mingle among the regular fabswingers. Ya just gotta keep sorting the wheat frim the chaff innit

This is the tinternet, full of loons, Walter mittys, attention seekers and some tidy people.

Its easy to write yourself up as some fun loving, extrovert with loads of interesting anecdotes in life, but not so easy to apply it in reality.

Simple case of move along, though no reply would have been better perhaps ?

" This is the tinternet, full of loons, Walter mittys, attention seekers and some tidy people.

Its easy to write yourself up as some fun loving, extrovert with loads of interesting anecdotes in life, but not so easy to apply it in reality.

Simple case of move along, though no reply would have been better perhaps ? "

birmingham

"You are not alone here. Some times it's like pulling teeth to get more than a two word reply.

It's helpful though as it tells me what effort they make

Sometimes people don't read the signs and keep on plugging!

This is supposed to be fun: pulling teeth is not! If you send a detailed message and get a one word response it's a clue you're not compatible! "

Thanks granny. I can always rely on your infinate wisdom for us mere mortals who you presume don't have your superior knowledge. I'd say presumption is one of your less charitable skills. Perhaps commenting when you know the full details would be more favourably acknowledged

By *bro07Man  over a year ago

Teesside

what about when people request you as a friend then don't talk? So when I message after a couple of days them I get very short and pointless reply, then I delete them.

I always respond to a message when the person has made an effort. Even if it's to say "thank you but no thank you".. Sadly though, i usually get the "fancy a fuck" messages which i just delete.

Would be nice if more guys made an effort, but sadly, this site is over run with illeterate morons that could hold a conversation if their life depended on it !!

"Hey everyone!

Thoughts and theories are welcome! "

if you get a reply from someone that makes them sound not very interested, the chances are they arnt

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Happens here too and i take the view that the lack of words is indicative of either a lack if humour or a lack of intelligence .... after all, it couldn't be a lack of interest

.... could it ??? "

good gawd no, it couldnt be that!!

birmingham

"what about when people request you as a friend then don't talk? So when I message after a couple of days them I get very short and pointless reply, then I delete them."

That's exactly what happens. I suspect multiple messages are sent out, more than likely copy and paste, a quick follow up if replied to then they are stuck at how to maintain a conversation...hence pulling teeth when on the receiving end. I try to send intelligent replies but if I only get the odd word or two in a reply then end of game

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Cheers everyone, just thought it was a bit weird, good to know it's not just me though!

Them not being interested I can take (I am, after all, a big boy!) so rejections or deletions don't really get to me, but getting a generally positive two word response even after I prompt them with questions just seems bizarre!

I know a lady that regally messages me and we have a chat and it doesn't matter how much I say or ask I get a one word answer, it's bloody hard work, and then when a guy dared say to her she was hard work to message she had a right go at him!!! mental that people don't even realise they r doing it!!!

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

I have a single lady profile, looking to meet other women, which I have pretty much given up on, they are such bloody hard work !! I don't know how men manage to put up with them (us) half the time, exhausting

N

» Add a new message to this topic