FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Maxims

Maxims

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Most people will state one as a statement of a core belief at times. Maybe it's associated with the schools they attended or through self descovery.

My personal maxim is from a Latin translation which is : 'he who stands still , losses ground' .

Why?. In a nutshell, procrastinanion is an active state. If one avoids change , it will occur regardless, often in a direction one would not wish .

I would be interested to hear yours and why.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like them, and think they are very thought provoking however !

I get bored of all the people who quote them in an effort to impress or portray an image to influence what others think of them.

People who wear no fear t-shirts and bold statements etc etc etc... Just get on with it instead of wasting time thinking about what others think about you ?

" I like them, and think they are very thought provoking however !

I get bored of all the people who quote them in an effort to impress or portray an image to influence what others think of them.

People who wear no fear t-shirts and bold statements etc etc etc... Just get on with it instead of wasting time thinking about what others think about you ? "

Valid points. Only of use if you intend to adhere to the principe of the statement . T-shirt maxims and statements , well, maybe most don't really follow them but like the idea.

I have a Primark t shirt with CheGuevara on it, now there's a contradiction in terms.

The old Nike ' just do it' is one of my personal favourites, though not the company.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

True, and I can think of loads of motifs that inspire, but (need to breathe more) its become very superficial and more of a fashion statement.

"True, and I can think of loads of motifs that inspire, but (need to breathe more) its become very superficial and more of a fashion statement."

The popularity or, for that matter , the unpopularity of a statement or maxim has no direct affect on its intrinsic value. My opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic