FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Beer Mat / Fag Packet Government

Beer Mat / Fag Packet Government

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

During my time as a student and the happy drifting years that followed we would gather together in the pub, at at a certain time in the evening someone would have a revolutionary idea, this would be debated and some got written down on what ever was handy.

Usually the next day we would have that "Oh Yeah" moment when we would realise it was a stupid idea as how the hell can you make money out of xxx because yyy made it impossible!

I have noticed that the current government frequently announces erratic new policies which some months later either get pulled with an embarrassed defence of the original idea, e.g. scrapping GCSE's though it's only one of many, or get quietly shelved as they shuffle of and hope nobody was looking. Reminds me so much of my younger care free days.

Then I remember what a complete arse I was in my early 20's and wonder how the hell the people running the country are still announcing their policies without working out the details first.

OK this is a random thought... and I know it's about 8 hours too early for a Thursday rant so please don't read it until after midnight... damn should have thought that one through a bit

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I guess one of the many problems of governing by committee is every policy decision becomes a compromise which lacks clear leadership or direction ….!.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic