FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Worst/ Most disastrous gig

Worst/ Most disastrous gig

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we have a best/most memorable gig thread running, how about the opposite- gigs that didn't work out for some reason.

I've twice had tickets to see The Mission, and so far I've seen them for about 10 minutes in total

One gig I took a girl I really fancied, bought the tickets, picked her up and drove to the gig- support band came on and went off the the main act appeared. At this point she decided to go light headed and nearly feint- so I got her out of the crowed to cool down and spent the rest of the gig looking after her as she'd 'forgot' to eat or drink anything all day- had to leave early to take her home and missed the rest of the gig

The other time I was going with some mates- they had tickets and the gig had sold out- but i managed to buy one from a guy i knew- couple of months later it was gig time.....and it snowed & snowed & snowed- so the gig was cancelled- and the support band was also one of my favourites too, so yet again I didn't see them- and because I bought the ticket privately I couldn't get a refund as it was return the ticket to the agent you bought it from

They've recently reformed and toured last year....while i was on holiday!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd say the gods were smiling on you.

The Mission ?????

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oasis at Hampden... I've never seen so many chavs in one place at the same time.

*sticks nose in air*

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

ha ha ... chavs lol .. is it true they buy their evening and bridal wear at sports direct lol

"I'd say the gods were smiling on you.

The Mission ?????"

The Mission are fooking awesome- get Tower of strength on the stereo and set the volume to 11

"ha ha ... chavs lol .. is it true they buy their evening and bridal wear at sports direct lol"

Doesn't the Liverpool branch of sports direct have a special section for such occasions ?

The Mission ?????

The Mission are fooking awesome- get Tower of strength on the stereo and set the volume to 11 "

I'm only teasing , ju was very into the mission when we were courting. She went to see them but I declined the invitation. She thoroughly enjoyed it.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

The Mission ?????

The Mission are fooking awesome- get Tower of strength on the stereo and set the volume to 11 "

Alternatively, just listen to 'Kashmir'

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Paul Weller

Love his music but didn't enjoy watching him at all. It was like watching paint dry, ended up going and sitting in the bar for most of it.

Saw Weezer live and they played pretty much exclusively pish from the new albums no-one (read: me) cares about... I was gutted, I'd waited years to see 'em and hoped for a way better set list...

Snow Patrol at the academy.

If the floor wasn't such a tip I would have popped down for a sleep. Snooze fest.

"Snow Patrol at the academy.

If the floor wasn't such a tip I would have popped down for a sleep. Snooze fest. "

Is that the old Academy (ex hummingbird) opposite Toys R Us? If it was that carpet was at least 20 years old with 20 years of spilt beer on it

Hinckley

If the floor wasn't such a tip I would have popped down for a sleep. Snooze fest.

Is that the old Academy (ex hummingbird) opposite Toys R Us? If it was that carpet was at least 20 years old with 20 years of spilt beer on it "

The Hummingbird, scene of some of my favourite gigs ever ! Nirvana, Faith No More, RHCP, The Rollins Band, Fishbone, Janes Addiction, Dan Reed Network, The Almighty amongst others.

"Paul Weller

Love his music but didn't enjoy watching him at all. It was like watching paint dry, ended up going and sitting in the bar for most of it."

Was that at Hammersmith a few years ago ? We were at that gig and it was awful. I thought it was just us but when I went to the loo everyone was saying how bad it was. We left early and so did hundreds of others.

I gave Mike Patton a blow job outside the Royal Court in 1989

Is that the old Academy (ex hummingbird) opposite Toys R Us? If it was that carpet was at least 20 years old with 20 years of spilt beer on it "

Yep that'd be the one!

Probably my first ever gig.

Went to see The Distillers in Bham with an ex.

They came on, moshpit started, she lost a shoe, we then stood against a wall watching the gig.

We never did find her shoe. I had to give her my socks so she wasn't walking barefoot around the city.

That, or when I saw HIM in Manc with a different ex. Went to the bar in the academy (or Apollo) and she couldn't get served. I laughed as she was older than me. She didn't find it funny and stormed off.

Hinckley

Monsters of Rock 1984 - brilliant gig (AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy Osborne, Gary Moore, Accept, Y&T and Motley Crue) but the twat of a minibus driver who we'd paid to take us, didn't bother turning up for the return journey...got home at 4am after various parents had been roused from their beds to pick us up !

Is that the old Academy (ex hummingbird) opposite Toys R Us? If it was that carpet was at least 20 years old with 20 years of spilt beer on it

Yep that'd be the one! "

Was known as the moonwalk bar due to the way to had to wrench your feet off the sticky carpet with each step

The Hummingbird, scene of some of my favourite gigs ever ! Nirvana, Faith No More, RHCP, The Rollins Band, Fishbone, Janes Addiction, Dan Reed Network, The Almighty amongst others."

In my previous life as a Brummie our paths may well have crossed. I was at a few of them!

Oasis, arrogant bstards were an hour late and did one song, then left the stage and reused to come back on as they were not cheered.

Went to the opening night of the Academy, I reckon the hummingbird must have been closed for best part of a decade and judging by how sticky the floor was they gadn't even bothered putting new carpets in...

Hinckley

The Hummingbird, scene of some of my favourite gigs ever ! Nirvana, Faith No More, RHCP, The Rollins Band, Fishbone, Janes Addiction, Dan Reed Network, The Almighty amongst others.

In my previous life as a Brummie our paths may well have crossed. I was at a few of them!"

I was from The Black Country in my previous life..never a cowin' Brummie !

In my previous life as a Brummie our paths may well have crossed. I was at a few of them!

I was from The Black Country in my previous life..never a cowin' Brummie ! "

Yam both YamYams though, yow am

Went to see the manic street preachers at Brum barrel organ very early on in their career, the gig was cancelled as the guitarist had cut his arm the night before. Turns out it was the infamous "4real" Richey Manic arm carving incident.

Hinckley

Yam both YamYams though, yow am "

I ay a Yam Yam bur e is !

"As we have a best/most memorable gig thread running, how about the opposite- gigs that didn't work out for some reason.

I've twice had tickets to see The Mission, and so far I've seen them for about 10 minutes in total

One gig I took a girl I really fancied, bought the tickets, picked her up and drove to the gig- support band came on and went off the the main act appeared. At this point she decided to go light headed and nearly feint- so I got her out of the crowed to cool down and spent the rest of the gig looking after her as she'd 'forgot' to eat or drink anything all day- had to leave early to take her home and missed the rest of the gig

The other time I was going with some mates- they had tickets and the gig had sold out- but i managed to buy one from a guy i knew- couple of months later it was gig time.....and it snowed & snowed & snowed- so the gig was cancelled- and the support band was also one of my favourites too, so yet again I didn't see them- and because I bought the ticket privately I couldn't get a refund as it was return the ticket to the agent you bought it from

They've recently reformed and toured last year....while i was on holiday! "

I used to be a huge "Missionary" back in the 80's. Saw them plenty of times at Brixton (fav venue)

When they reformed for the 25th anniversary gig last year I couldn't find anyone to go with, so bought the live double cd. Would have gone to see them play with the Stuffies, but yet again, couldn't find anyone except the ex husband (so not happening)

If it's any consolation, Wayne posts all the time on FB, a new tour is coming as well as new material. It's great the boys are back together.. and I still fancy Simon

[Removed by poster at 05/06/13 13:16:48]

"As we have a best/most memorable gig thread running, how about the opposite- gigs that didn't work out for some reason.

They've recently reformed and toured last year....while i was on holiday!

I used to be a huge "Missionary" back in the 80's. Saw them plenty of times at Brixton (fav venue)

When they reformed for the 25th anniversary gig last year I couldn't find anyone to go with, so bought the live double cd. Would have gone to see them play with the Stuffies, but yet again, couldn't find anyone except the ex husband (so not happening)

If it's any consolation, Wayne posts all the time on FB, a new tour is coming as well as new material. It's great the boys are back together.. and I still fancy Simon "

Saw the Stuffies/Mission combo advertised- a near perfect gig....and I was working on a crap one

Yam both YamYams though, yow am "

You can Fuck right off meaty (good to see you btw), I'm not and never was a Yam! People that live more than 5 miles from dudley understand me

Eight legged groove machine is still a regular at my place.. best cd in the world to hoover/dance/sing like a loon to

I was lucky enough to see both bands loads of times back in the day.

My worst/missed gig was REM.. 4 hours on the phone to get tickets then Bill had a aneurysm a few weeks before. Was gutted..for him and the non gig.

Oh how's this for a disaster. Levelled doing levelling the land in full with the stuffies supporting. Going to brixton, living in hackney and underground is not being helpful.

Decide to hire a streetcar for the night. Accident in islington and takes an hour to get down upper street. By this time low in fuel, no fuel card in the car. Speak to streetcar who try to pay over the phone Petrol station refuse. My card declines. Petrol station call the police. Police take me to a cash machine and all porter but ny now it's not worth bothering trying to get to brixton.

Head home, stop for food. While Im in the shop an accident leaves me blocked in the parking space by a bus. Eventually got home around 1 in the morning...

Yam both YamYams though, yow am

You can Fuck right off meaty (good to see you btw), I'm not and never was a Yam! People that live more than 5 miles from dudley understand me"

Can't tell from your profile pic on my phone, but were you previously known as........ Mr Darcy? (in which case I wish I'd insulted you better )

Ian brown,Carling Academy Newcastle,lasted about 10 mins then gig cancelled due to the floor possibly collapsing ????WTF,,and the Git aint been back yet

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Alyson moyet manchester Appolo turned up two hours late two songs fooked off

U2 craftwerk big audio dynamite manchester gmex. U2 didn't come on till 10 pm so didn't get finnished till well after midnight some fat bastard jumped on my foot at start and wads a bit sore got worse as night went on was nearly fainting withpain by 10 so u2 were a haze had to get night bus home then hobble 3 miles to get my car then drive home turned out I had broke my foot and had to take six weeks off work

Most disappointed when I saw Corner Shop at Womad last year . Band was brilliant but lead singer could not be botherd. Best gig Black Keys all 7 times I've seen em in Brum Wolverhampton and Notts and also surprisingly Weird Al Yankovich at Carling Academy in Brum. Great gig

if you hadn't seen already The Wonder Stuff/PWEI/Jesus Jones in December

The Mission/ Fields of the Nephilim November

"if you hadn't seen already The Wonder Stuff/PWEI/Jesus Jones in December

The Mission/ Fields of the Nephilim November"

Missed last years stuffies/poppies/joneses due to work and then not being able to get a ticket when work changed (typical that its at a venue I can't blag my way in to and the poppies had no more guest list- being a home gig )....this year I shall miss it also as i'm on holiday over xmas.

Might look at the Mish vs FOTN though

They were great gigs last year. The Wonder Stuff's line up may have evolved in that only Miles is left from the original but they are seriously back on form. Oh, and From The Midlands with Love are comparable with anything they've ever done. PWEI and Crabbie in particular should be an embaressment but somehow work.

And Meaty - Mr Darcie? How rude

» Add a new message to this topic