FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > STI Testing

STI Testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tomCom OP   Man  over a year ago

Wellingborough

Do you get regularly tested?

Do you think it should be seen as standard thing for swingers to do?

Do you think that there is enough information available on Swinging sites? Would you like to see a whole section on it, saying giving details on GUM clinics, opening hours etc?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

[Removed by poster at 05/06/13 10:26:28]

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I get regularly tested,I find all the clinic info etc very easily on the web so I don't feel a section on that on here would personally make a difference to me.

Other views may differ x

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

It should be a standard thing for ever sexually active person....swinger or not...

I dont need information published on the site, im an adult and know all the information I need

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

We are tested every 28 days with written results as we need this by law of the Adult Industry, even when swinging only you should get tested at least every 3 months.

In 16 years neither of us have caught anything as its strictly condoms unless like us have valid 28 day certs.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

We all need to be responsible for our own health, this means getting tested regularly.

When I started swinging and got tested for the first time I had no idea where the gu clinic was. Google!

The idea of having a list of clinics is a good one in principle. In practice I don't think it would work, there are just too many of them to put a section on the site

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. the clue is in the title 'sexually transmitted' I'd have to get a meet that doesn't crash down in disaster in some way to warrant testing

Every 3 months for me and always will be as long as im having sex.

I think some people assume because they use condoms they dont need checking...id rather be safe than sorry

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"It should be a standard thing for ever sexually active person....swinger or not...

I dont need information published on the site, im an adult and know all the information I need "

What about for the non-adults though?

There is'nt going to be a single person that will post on this thread and say they're not tested regularly

I get tested every 8 weeks.

I don't need information now as I know where to go but I didn't once and finding the right place, convenient times ect took a while. What harm would it do to have a page with clinics and times?

Clacton on sea, Essex

"It should be a standard thing for ever sexually active person....swinger or not...

I dont need information published on the site, im an adult and know all the information I need "

You wouldn't believe how stupid some are when it comes to sexual health, a section on STD,s would be a great idea.

Wellingborough

"Every 3 months for me and always will be as long as im having sex.

I think some people assume because they use condoms they dont need checking...id rather be safe than sorry"

Condoms are brilliant, if you just do plain sex. But if you do oral unprotected, use fingers, toys etc these all increase the risk... if you use you fingers, hands to pleasure a woman and then touch yourself after with out washing your hands you can easily spread infections that way.

Too many people think that if they use condoms they are at very low risk of catching anything..

Wellingborough

"There is'nt going to be a single person that will post on this thread and say they're not tested regularly"

That is true. How many swingers do not get tested? If you took 100 swingers and got them to ask honestly, want would the results be?

Clacton on sea, Essex

"There is'nt going to be a single person that will post on this thread and say they're not tested regularly"

This is why we ask for 28 day written certs, you need to have photo ID e.g. passport and they write the number down. When picking up the certs a week later photo ID as got to be produced again so they know its for the same person.

Its only with these documents we do bareback but even then like anything there is always a risk but it does reduce risk of STD drastically.

I think some people assume because they use condoms they dont need checking...id rather be safe than sorry

Condoms are brilliant, if you just do plain sex. But if you do oral unprotected, use fingers, toys etc these all increase the risk... if you use you fingers, hands to pleasure a woman and then touch yourself after with out washing your hands you can easily spread infections that way.

Too many people think that if they use condoms they are at very low risk of catching anything..

"

Exactly and how many stop to wash their hands lol

Never mind just the 'usual' everyday swingers what about the guys and gals that just do one off pick ups (one night stands) thats worse I think as they are not as self aware as swingers

Wellingborough

Exactly and how many stop to wash their hands lol "

Wellingborough

I dont need information published on the site, im an adult and know all the information I need

You wouldn't believe how stupid some are when it comes to sexual health, a section on STD,s would be a great idea."

I just think that as it should be a big part of swinging life, there should be a section on it. I mean they have section for clubs..

Not sure if people look at this on TV Embarrassing Bodies thay have a checker .. for STDs.. Just Answer a few quick questions and you'll get a personalised STI Risk Report. You'll also get clear information about the Sexually Transmitted Infections you're at risk of catching, how to avoid them and what to do if you've already got one. Its a really god TV show and worth a look .

Even if you do the checker I think most here are high rick if sleeping with more then one person . But its still a good site .

What's an STI?

Wellingborough

"What's an STI?"

Well if you do not know then you should not be on a swinging site.

Sexually Transmitted Infection

"Do you get regularly tested?

Do you think that there is enough information available on Swinging sites? Would you like to see a whole section on it, saying giving details on GUM clinics, opening hours etc?"

Great idea

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Do you get regularly tested?

Do you think that there is enough information available on Swinging sites? Would you like to see a whole section on it, saying giving details on GUM clinics, opening hours etc?

Great idea "

Why when anyone can access these details on the www? If people need to be spoon fed something thats common sense, we are all doomed!!!

I go every 12 weeks, for my own piece of mind.

No I don't think it should be on here. I think Admin/mods have enough to be doing without keeping tabs on clinic info, and changes of dates, contacts etc.

This site is for adults only, and the adults should take responsibility for their own actions and health

Wellingborough

"I go every 12 weeks, for my own piece of mind.

No I don't think it should be on here. I think Admin/mods have enough to be doing without keeping tabs on clinic info, and changes of dates, contacts etc.

This site is for adults only, and the adults should take responsibility for their own actions and health "

Well there is a section for clubs ?

"I go every 12 weeks, for my own piece of mind.

This site is for adults only, and the adults should take responsibility for their own actions and health

Well there is a section for clubs ?"

Swinging clubs yes, thats very different from the thousands upon thousands of clinics across England alone, never mind the other areas fabs covers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the swinging clubs, just list and link the club website and allow feedback from fab-ites, are you suggesting swingers should 'rate' their clinics? And dont most of the clubs actually sponsor fabs?

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

If you are going to be tested, you will be, if you're not, then having a section on here won't suddenly make you change your mind.

And having had someone be absolutely horrified when he saw the bruise on my arm when I had been tested, there are a lot of people on here who aren't tested...ever...

"What's an STI?

Well if you do not know then you should not be on a swinging site.

Sexually Transmitted Infection"

Oh I never knew that, thanks for the heads up ( holds tongue in cheek )

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

LOL once a year.. if im lucky enough to have sex at all.

Other wise no..

I've had similar horrified responses to being tested, some people think you obviously play bareback and fuck everything that moves, sometimes you just can't win

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its not just swingers that have sex. It should be part of your routine when you become sexually active at whatever age.

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Its not just swingers that have sex. It should be part of your routine when you become sexually active at whatever age."

It should...I was genuinely surprised when I discovered my GP didn't offer it...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Its not just swingers that have sex. It should be part of your routine when you become sexually active at whatever age.

It should...I was genuinely surprised when I discovered my GP didn't offer it..."

I was really proud of my son when he said he had been, he's not a swinger or sleeps around just being sensible. And he went on his own. Laughed when he described it to me though

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

That's why these types of threads are pointless! All it'll attract is the holier than thous, those seeking a "you go!" from strangers after claiming they get tested after every meet: including a social coffee meet in Costa's!

Wellingborough

"There is'nt going to be a single person that will post on this thread and say they're not tested regularly

That's why these types of threads are pointless! All it'll attract is the holier than thous, those seeking a "you go!" from strangers after claiming they get tested after every meet: including a social coffee meet in Costa's! "

The only way then to get people to understand how important it is, is by talking about it. Saying well the people that need to know should know, so not the way to be. Sticking your head in the sand and saying "It is their problem!" is not the way to be

and people are talking about it and do talk about it, admitted usually over in swingers chat.

This subject comes up in clubs too, I know more about some of the clinics in Birmingham than I do about those local to me.

I only use the 1, as I think it makes sense to have my records in one place.

Personally I love costa, never felt the need for a check up afterwards so am I missing something? or is it a location thing?

London

"There is'nt going to be a single person that will post on this thread and say they're not tested regularly

That's why these types of threads are pointless! All it'll attract is the holier than thous, those seeking a "you go!" from strangers after claiming they get tested after every meet: including a social coffee meet in Costa's!

The only way then to get people to understand how important it is, is by talking about it. Saying well the people that need to know should know, so not the way to be. Sticking your head in the sand and saying "It is their problem!" is not the way to be"

It's rather sweet you thinking talking about it will make a difference. Read the bareback, pregnant, flashing threads: all high risk activities in my humble opinion to see people don't give a monkies about themselves, let alone you or I!

People will do whatever they want, all we can do is take measures to protect ourselves the best we can: that we can control, actions of others we can't!

London

"and people are talking about it and do talk about it, admitted usually over in swingers chat.

This subject comes up in clubs too, I know more about some of the clinics in Birmingham than I do about those local to me.

I only use the 1, as I think it makes sense to have my records in one place.

Personally I love costa, never felt the need for a check up afterwards so am I missing something? or is it a location thing? "

By *eforfuncplCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

Connections swingers club in Blackpool hold a screening service free and I'm sure it's monthly.

Not many clubs do that now !

Very proactive

Xx

» Add a new message to this topic