FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Summer memory

Summer memory

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Landing in Colombo at 6am

Coach fighting through Sri lankAn rush hour

Checking in to a luxury hotel and crashing out under the jasmine trees beside the pool sipping rum from a king coconut

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My mum taking me to the park with the paddling pool. I miss my mum

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Long, hot summer days down the beach...leave home round about 10 am with a couple of jam butties and a bottle of pop in the bike-basket, go round the houses picking up mates and off down "The Rocks" to spend all day splashing in and out of the water, playing hopscotch, tag, kiss-chase (as we got older). Back home for tea at 6 then a bit of telly, chat with Mam and Dad, play with/beat up the younger siblings (depending how obnoxious they were being) then bed with a book and a torch to read under the covers as it got dark...

Happy days in Arse End

Living in Italy and it being 50 degree heat. Finishing work and just diving into the outdoor pool to cool down. Utter heaven!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I once spent an enjoyable and memorable summer in Italy. Ever seen that film, 'Ripley's Game'? It was a bit like that.

The playground in our nearby park had a castle with a waterfall running into a massive paddling pool area with a boat in the middle

Great in the summer sun

Going to bluebell woods, jam sandwiches and a bottle of water

Stuck in a caravan in Great Yarmouth, listening to the rain fall for days!!

First holiday with mum and dad when I was 8 in a rickity old caravan,and eating fresh huge thick fresh lamb chops from a farm at the top of the hill.And the River Dee running along side the caravan,I was more in the water than I was out of it.Up to date that is still one of the best holidays of my life.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

Going to the greengrocers,when they were about to close. Collecting their manky veg and going to the stream and having a fruit and veg fight.

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Working on a campsite near a lake, skinny dipping at midnight

Grape harvest in Sauterne near Bordeaux. The farmer had a condition that made him fall asleep as soon as he sat down! I was young and found that hilarious. Thank god he never fell asleep driving the tractor

3 day hiking trip across the Alps with 10 friends. Sleeping rough in makeshift huts, breaking the ice to wash your face in the morning.

And Africa..of course!

Midnight dipping in the local pool

Searching for newspapers to put on the top of the wall so we wouldn't get anticlimb paint on our clothes

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Lying in the back garden in short shorts, bikini top with my walkman on, listening to 90's songs covered in baby oil (thinking I'd tan quicker)

Those were the days when I didn't fry and the only worry I had was strap marks and what I was going to wear

Need to know basis

Breeding rabbits (to eat)

Learning to swim and almost drowning

Organising a 36 hour dance festival and not sleeping for 72.

Summer hols spent working on my Dad's building sites, earning what seemed mega amounts of pocket money, learning to make tea (so Dad's blokes didn't chuck it over me when I got it wrong!), and sneaking crafty looks at the latest Penthouse calendar in the shed..!!

Then 1977 in Canada: Opened my eyes to the truth about my Mum, and had a whale of a time with a girl called Heather..

And then... summers in the 80's and 90's working in London, and being able to stroll through Green Park and/or St James at lunchtimes. Sexy tourists and a little bit of piece and quiet away from all the madness... Lol!

Ted

Need to know basis

Eating squids for the first time in Spain

Running around bare feet on the hardened cracked and dusty soil of my friend's village.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Summers on the river on my Granny and Grandads boat. Watching the Saturday Matinee and their local cinema. Walking over the bridge and watching the sunset on the river.

Getting burnt so badly in Arcachon I couldn't move for two days. Thunderstorms over our Gite in Bordeaux.

Eating shellfish and drinking Beer Chang in Thailand. Sand so hot it burned my feet.

Red wine on the balcony in Alykanas.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Stung twice by a wasp on the back while digging for rag worm while tide was out.

" Stung twice by a wasp on the back while digging for rag worm while tide was out.

"

In sure there is a moral to that story somewhere

my holidays were going around the uk with mum and dad horse racing,used to love it but never picked up my dads knack of picking winners

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

Going to New Brighton Baths (outdoor). Going to play in the cemetery with a boy I knew, picking flowers (bad I know thinking back but didn't think so at the time ) trying to find the oldest grave!

Watching the shows in Vale park, sitting on the hill so we didn't have to pay

Need to know basis

Punting on the Cam and falling overboard

Going fishing in the 'reservation'

Having breakfast, lunch and diner in the garden

Eating oysters for the first time

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

" Stung twice by a wasp on the back while digging for rag worm while tide was out.

In sure there is a moral to that story somewhere "

Lol My dad conned me into doing it when I was a nipper, he did always buy us an ice lolly though.

Lots of festivals are good summer memories....also spending all my summer hols by the river as kids we were so lucky to live here and have so much to do as kids....also just taking off to the beach or hest bank.

My dad used to run activity weekends in the lakes so we used to do that most weekends through the summer i had quite a lucky childhood when i think about it

Water fights with squirty bottles. Making camps outside with bedclothes. Using the red and white BT barriers to slide down the hill. Flying my kite with my dad at the lake

» Add a new message to this topic