FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Singletons, please help with some market research? x

Singletons, please help with some market research? x

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adyA01 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

Hello all you gorgeous Singletons!

I posted a topic a couple of weeks ago to find out how many were also on POF! It seems like quite a few! Yesterday - I read a post from a male forumite wondering if it was too much to find someone on here for a relationship as he was not finding things easy in the vanilla world. He and I got chatting as I understood where he was coming from! We are now wondering if there is a market for a dating site for swinger singletons! Wouldn't it be so much easier if you had a site to find someone who wants a relationship too and know that you can both be at ease and open about swinging and still enjoy that side of your life too? Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have been told more than once by single men on here, that they hope to find a wife on here. They say 'at least I would have a wife who was interested in sex'.

Well fabs has a 'sister' site called 'FabFlirts.com'

but if 2 like minded adults who happen to meet on a swinging site want to date/get into a relationship then why can't they?

Seems like an idea, I am also on said site but would love to meet someone with a similar outlook to me. I know quite a few pale.have met their partner on here. Maybe one day I will...

The site you mentioned is more restrictive now and I find ladies just want to chat and rarely meet up

"I have been told more than once by single men on here, that they hope to find a wife on here. They say 'at least I would have a wife who was interested in sex'."

Lol - really not sure what to say to that!

"Well fabs has a 'sister' site called 'FabFlirts.com'

but if 2 like minded adults who happen to meet on a swinging site want to date/get into a relationship then why can't they?

"

Use this site.

Wellington

Good feedback so far, thanks! Keep it coming x

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Why fix something that aint broke...

Wellington

"Why fix something that aint broke..."

Please expand on what you mean, thanks x

"Why fix something that aint broke...

Please expand on what you mean, thanks x"

What I mean you have fab, fabflirts and a load of other sites..Is there really a need for more sites..I understand that you want to create a "dating" site for swingers but you have fabflirts and you go onto that site and its the same as here... and its not as busy etc.

I dont think there is anything wrong with just adding a simple paragraph to an existing profile just to explain that you are here for fun and sexual encounters but you are also open to the idea (should the opportunity arise) that you would seek a relationship should the right gentleman come along.

If you explain your interests out right then men who end up messaging you are aware of this and will often say 'im open to that' or 'its not for me, im just wanting strict NS fun'

Use the site and the facility to create your own profile to the maximum, there are some wonderful people on here (along with the toss pots ) If you don't state it, Mr right might have by passed you already..

Wellington

"Why fix something that aint broke...

Please expand on what you mean, thanks x

What I mean you have fab, fabflirts and a load of other sites..Is there really a need for more sites..I understand that you want to create a "dating" site for swingers but you have fabflirts and you go onto that site and its the same as here... and its not as busy etc. "

Thanks have not used fabflirts but will check it out xx

Wellington

"I dont think there is anything wrong with just adding a simple paragraph to an existing profile just to explain that you are here for fun and sexual encounters but you are also open to the idea (should the opportunity arise) that you would seek a relationship should the right gentleman come along.

If you explain your interests out right then men who end up messaging you are aware of this and will often say 'im open to that' or 'its not for me, im just wanting strict NS fun'

Use the site and the facility to create your own profile to the maximum, there are some wonderful people on here (along with the toss pots ) If you don't state it, Mr right might have by passed you already.."

Thanks, I have already reinvented my profile a few days ago basically saying that. And have had some good responses, but this is seen as a sex site, so just wondering if there is a market for a dating site for swingers, if everyone on there is there for same thing then at least you don't have to trawl through the tosspots as you say, although no doubt you get an element of that on any site xxx

"I dont think there is anything wrong with just adding a simple paragraph to an existing profile just to explain that you are here for fun and sexual encounters but you are also open to the idea (should the opportunity arise) that you would seek a relationship should the right gentleman come along.

Use the site and the facility to create your own profile to the maximum, there are some wonderful people on here (along with the toss pots ) If you don't state it, Mr right might have by passed you already..

Thanks, I have already reinvented my profile a few days ago basically saying that. And have had some good responses, but this is seen as a sex site, so just wondering if there is a market for a dating site for swingers, if everyone on there is there for same thing then at least you don't have to trawl through the tosspots as you say, although no doubt you get an element of that on any site xxx"

True but I do honestly think you will get a huge amount just looking for sex and they might think they will be in more luck if they say say they want a relationship...You see it on sites like POF..who have recently just had to almost recreate themselves and get away from the inimate encounters...xx

Thanks, I have already reinvented my profile a few days ago basically saying that. And have had some good responses, but this is seen as a sex site, so just wondering if there is a market for a dating site for swingers, if everyone on there is there for same thing then at least you don't have to trawl through the tosspots as you say, although no doubt you get an element of that on any site xxx

True but I do honestly think you will get a huge amount just looking for sex and they might think they will be in more luck if they say say they want a relationship...You see it on sites like POF..who have recently just had to almost recreate themselves and get away from the inimate encounters...xx"

People will say anything to get a shag.

Wellington

True but I do honestly think you will get a huge amount just looking for sex and they might think they will be in more luck if they say say they want a relationship...You see it on sites like POF..who have recently just had to almost recreate themselves and get away from the inimate encounters...xx

People will say anything to get a shag."

As we all know being on a sex site!

Wellington

Come on you male singletons, don't be shy! Would like your views and comments too xxx

Don't use dating sites anymore, as it was like pulling teeth without anaesthetics, full of peeps moping behind their keyboards instead of having a life!

[Removed by poster at 02/06/13 11:26:53]

This is an interesing thread. Most dont want a LTR on here, but now i been single for 3 years, i kinda wanna try the dating thing, but i don't know if i can do the whole vanilla thing, as i've found where i'm most comfortable now, which is frustrating. So laying low now until i decide what i want to do arghhh. Although have found with a couple of guys who i met previously, they weren't looking for anything, yet a month down the line, they got girlfriends .... i'll take the hint eh lmao x

"Come on you male singletons, don't be shy! Would like your views and comments too xxx"

I've commented but will add although I want to find the love of my life and settle down, I'm too independent and set in my ways I think. It will take someone amazing to tie me down, in a non kinky way too. Either way on both sites it is a challenge to meet someone, but not impossible xx

Wellington

"Come on you male singletons, don't be shy! Would like your views and comments too xxx

I've commented but will add although I want to find the love of my life and settle down, I'm too independent and set in my ways I think. It will take someone amazing to tie me down, in a non kinky way too. Either way on both sites it is a challenge to meet someone, but not impossible xx

"

I know you have and thanks, but mostly getting views from ladies would like to see a few more from guys! The whole point of a dating swingers site is so that you don't have to give this up, if you meet another who has the same sexual background you can make up your own rules! Whether you play as a couple or seperately whatever you both feel comfortable with, as long as you can be honest with each other.xxxx

I do agree with you. I would like to find a partner with the same interests but I find it difficult on here, saying that if I was a few years older and a bit more south I'd definatley be pursuing you

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Hello all you gorgeous Singletons!

I posted a topic a couple of weeks ago to find out how many were also on POF! It seems like quite a few! Yesterday - I read a post from a male forumite wondering if it was too much to find someone on here for a relationship as he was not finding things easy in the vanilla world. He and I got chatting as I understood where he was coming from! We are now wondering if there is a market for a dating site for swinger singletons! Wouldn't it be so much easier if you had a site to find someone who wants a relationship too and know that you can both be at ease and open about swinging and still enjoy that side of your life too? Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated xx"

Maybe, if you find someone single with the same ideals as you then things might move forward. There are plenty of dating/relationship sites, just who/what you're after that needs to be found imho

I believe there is a market for such a site if specifics of the profile format were correctly detailed and designed..

You do see a lot of profiles here on Fab that do go in to precise detail about people looking for more than just sex..

It does work as friends of mine met through swinging and share similar interests outside of swinging but also have now maximised there hedonistic lifestyle and have done so for five years..

I'm not on POF or any sites like that and consider myself a genuine player on the lifestyle scene.. I state on my profile I'm not looking for a girlfriend due to personal issues that I'm resolving..

Until those matters are resolved (hopefully in a few months) I will not even contemplate a more serious relationship..

Back to main subject of the OP. I've made a true friend through Fab and she is fully aware of my circumstances.. It's a balanced casual relationship at the moment and we do share interests outside of the lifestyle as well enjoying the lifestyle to the full together and seperately..

So in the future if I was completely single and not with a FB/Good friend a site of that nature would be appealing I believe..

Anyway.. if matters stay as they are hopefully I will have no need for a site like that!!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I have been told more than once by single men on here, that they hope to find a wife on here. They say 'at least I would have a wife who was interested in sex'."

Fabs tryed and I don't think fab flirts is having much success

"This is an interesing thread. Most dont want a LTR on here, but now i been single for 3 years, i kinda wanna try the dating thing, but i don't know if i can do the whole vanilla thing, as i've found where i'm most comfortable now, which is frustrating. So laying low now until i decide what i want to do arghhh. Although have found with a couple of guys who i met previously, they weren't looking for anything, yet a month down the line, they got girlfriends .... i'll take the hint eh lmao x "

I've had meets with some men who have (after sex!) said they'd never date a woman from here...needless to say they have never been invited back as I don't like the implication that I am substandard somehow because I enjoy sex. Even though I wasn't interested in dating them I found those comments offensive.

To the OP...a dating site for swingers could work but how would you stop those just looking for a meet from posing as someone looking to date and therefore having a site full of a different type of 'time waster'?

Also...referring to FAB as a 'sex site' isn't really completely accurate, and that assumption is why so many come on here with high expectations with regards to meeting and are often left disappointed at a lack of meets. I know I'm single so not strictly speaking a swinger, but I'm on here for more than just quick fucks with anyone who's looking my way. Maybe if people viewed the site as more than a sex site then they could get everything out of it they were looking for?

» Add a new message to this topic