FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Am I weird for not owning ID?

Am I weird for not owning ID?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opping_candy OP   Woman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Just wondering if I'm the only one!

I don't have a valid passport, it ran out years ago and I haven't been abroad for years neither is it likely I will be doing so in the near future.

I don't drive, so I don't have a driving license. Even my provisional is invalid as I had it over 10 years...and many places I've seen asking for ID, state that provisional license isn't acceptable anyway.

I've never really had an issue with not having ID, I've been buying alcohol since I was 14 or so and have never been IDd until very recently when I was IDd for a LOTTERY TICKET (in which case I had such a look of shock on my face and asked her if she was serious in such a way she believed me and let me buy it), and about a week after that I was IDd for alcohol but I just walked away and bought it at the next shop.

So is it that unusual not to have any?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yup you are unusual... but that's not a bad thing may find getting into a club a bit difficult, then again flash your tits and you are probably OK there too

Just get a provisional licence

I haven't got any either I've just realised after reading your post, as I don't drive and my passport has run out too. Oh deary me!!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

About a month after my 18th a barman asked for id. A load of us, hairy grebo bikers at the time just walked out. We had not been asked for id before and had been drinking in our local pubs since we were about 15 or 16

am 43 never owe a passport - if i travel it be around my own country - were i was born an brought up

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Never been asked for id.

I don't have a Passport either but I do have a Photo Provisional Licence. Never had a problem using it as x

By * control youMan  over a year ago

swindon

Download one of ya pics that should do the trick poppin lol

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My passport has expired and I have an old, paper driving license. I don't have any either.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

I'v got a driving licence but it's the old paper one and no passport, but the grey hair and wrinkles sort out the drink ID

"My passport has expired and I have an old, paper driving license. I don't have any either."
trade it for a photo id there free

By *taffsfella1Man  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Would a passport not pass as ID even if it's past its renewal date? I'm sure they would only be checking the date of birth.

By *taffsfella1Man  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"My passport has expired and I have an old, paper driving license. I don't have any either.trade it for a photo id there free"

I thought you had to pay for a photo licence, that's why I still only have a paper one and that's registered at my parents address lol.

West Yorkshire

"Would a passport not pass as ID even if it's past its renewal date? I'm sure they would only be checking the date of birth."

It's not ID as in checking for age, it's to prove I am who I say I am. My old passport has a photo of a 16 year old me on it, in my maiden name and my parents' address lol

And someone said just get a provisional license, the number of places I have seen specifically state provisional will not be accepted. I had a conversation with a lady in the post office about that because she said provisional should be accepted as you still have to supply proof of address, birth cert etc to be able to get it. But heyho. Glad it's not just me.

And no never been IDd getting into a club, swinging or vanilla.

"Would a passport not pass as ID even if it's past its renewal date? I'm sure they would only be checking the date of birth."

Depends what ya want to use it for as its not a valid ID

I bet there are lots of people with out ID i don't get asked for it any more

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"My passport has expired and I have an old, paper driving license. I don't have any either.trade it for a photo id there free

I thought you had to pay for a photo licence, that's why I still only have a paper one and that's registered at my parents address lol."

You do realise there is something like £1000 fine for not having your driving licence at your real address? If you were stopped and your insurance, car reg and licence weren't the same you would be fined.....

"My passport has expired and I have an old, paper driving license. I don't have any either.trade it for a photo id there free

I thought you had to pay for a photo licence, that's why I still only have a paper one and that's registered at my parents address lol."

paper license is out of date

check in dvla for more info on it;

a photo id provisional can also be used if yer fling in uk airports only not abroad

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

no your not alone i disnt have any until 2 years ago when i needed it to rent a flat. I am adopted and never had my birth cert so i had to apply for a citizen card it cost me £20 but i was able to use my medical card and be verified by someone to get it but it was a pain.

West Yorkshire

I need to do some 'skills tests' to finalise my degree and these are held at Pearson Professional Test centres, the same places you do theory driving test etc. Hopefully they won't have an issue accepting a provisional...

I did have to pay for the licence. But it was well worth it x

"Just wondering if I'm the only one!

I don't have a valid passport, it ran out years ago and I haven't been abroad for years neither is it likely I will be doing so in the near future.

I don't drive, so I don't have a driving license. Even my provisional is invalid as I had it over 10 years...and many places I've seen asking for ID, state that provisional license isn't acceptable anyway.

I've never really had an issue with not having ID, I've been buying alcohol since I was 14 or so and have never been IDd until very recently when I was IDd for a LOTTERY TICKET (in which case I had such a look of shock on my face and asked her if she was serious in such a way she believed me and let me buy it), and about a week after that I was IDd for alcohol but I just walked away and bought it at the next shop.

So is it that unusual not to have any?"

wow under the radar shh we wont tell

By *ubywants2playCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

No it's also free to change the address on it too

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"My passport has expired and I have an old, paper driving license. I don't have any either.trade it for a photo id there free"

just checked with DVLA site and if you trade in a paper license for a photo one it's £20 but if you change name/address as well at the same time its free wtf it's more work

I thought your license had to be registered to your current address to remain fully valid?

I don't want a photo one.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

A mate of mine went to open a bank account, had no passport but only a provisional driving licence. Got turned down as only full licences are accepted.

What the fuck has your ability to pass a driving test got to do with them "looking after" YOUR money

West Yorkshire

"What the fuck has your ability to pass a driving test got to do with them "looking after" YOUR money "

Damned good point sir

By *rjeremyMan  over a year ago

planet earth

If you have no need for ID other than it's respective primary function, I admire your ability to do without one Popps.

"A mate of mine went to open a bank account, had no passport but only a provisional driving licence. Got turned down as only full licences are accepted.

What the fuck has your ability to pass a driving test got to do with them "looking after" YOUR money "

Money laundering regulations being interpreted a little zealously.

West Yorkshire

"If you have no need for ID other than it's respective primary function, I admire your ability to do without one Popps. "

Hello Mr J *waves* fancy seeing you here

By *ILLY aka SirslagWoman  over a year ago

Land of the Prince Bishops

im the same dont drive have never been abroad so have nothing to id myself with though its not likelys ill get asked for it when buying booze or lottery not many 48 yr olds do

I had an ID card when I was 11 while residing in a former British colony, and had my first passport of my own when I was 14 to come to this country to study.

I carry at least one form of ID most of the time except when I go out to walk the dog, in the form of my driving license.

It would feel weird for me not to have IDs to hand.

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

Look at it from a positive angle you're still getting id'd in shops, what does that say about how young you look

I have id but its out of date need to renew them xx

West Yorkshire

But I didn't get IDd till I was 28, I must be getting younger!

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

"But I didn't get IDd till I was 28, I must be getting younger! "

See always a plus side to everything

".

You can’t escape Big Brother,,,, We’ll catch you by your dental records….!.

If you have an upto date passport with 5 years or more left on it you can do driving licence online they get a copy of your pic via that at a cost of £20 saves all the paperwork

They should never have got rid of the dog license in my opinion

After reading this last night I had a panic over where I had put my passport

Im not going on holiday - but I had this fear of losing the only evidence that shows I am ME

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I have id but its out of date need to renew them xx"

I have my original birth certificate, therefore I am officially 0 days old

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

I have no ID either, I don't drive and the passport I had expired 10 years ago.

N

West Yorkshire

"They should never have got rid of the dog license in my opinion "

» Add a new message to this topic