FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Menopause

Menopause

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Since starting the menopause i've gained just over a stone in weight ( i'm on HRT) struggle to lose it and tried not taking the HRT but i can't cope with the hot flushes .. any other ladies had this problem?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My big sister did and she had huge weight problems so joined a gym and it worked for her.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Since starting the menopause i've gained just over a stone in weight ( i'm on HRT) struggle to lose it and tried not taking the HRT but i can't cope with the hot flushes .. any other ladies had this problem? "
Try not to focus too much on the flushes and they pass much quicker, when you feel it coming on try and distract yourself with something else it really does work. x

I hate gyms find no motivation either these days i also go through periods of not being able to sleep some night 3/4 hrs i work in a hospital which is always warm so flushes are a nightmare .. plus if i don't take the HRT I get the night sweats

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Reducing cholesterol is supposed to help with hot flushes. I couldn't take HRT but I found that it became harder to reduce weight during the menopause. Look at foods that may help with both.

It will pass. Eventually.

I do watch what I eat as I suffer with IBS badly so always being careful I also eat healthy

» Add a new message to this topic