FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What is your day-to-day mantra

What is your day-to-day mantra

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

if you could sum it up?

One of mine is : Live every day to the fullest and make sure you consider other people's happiness and welfare along the way.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"if you could sum it up?

One of mine is : Live every day to the fullest and make sure you consider other people's happiness and welfare along the way. "

Guess you want world peace too?? lol mine is just to get through the day without falling over or offending anyone lol

I thought u meant something else lol

That today is one day closer to inner peace.

"if you could sum it up?

One of mine is : Live every day to the fullest and make sure you consider other people's happiness and welfare along the way. Guess you want world peace too?? lol mine is just to get through the day without falling over or offending anyone lol "

Would nt it be wonderful to have world peace? Sadly I cannot see that happening any time soon as long as the "dog eats dog mentality" prevails.

That said another manra of mine is that I do not worry about today's calories as there might not be a tomorrow to regret them.

"I thought u meant something else lol "
thou talketh in riddles?

"That today is one day closer to inner peace."
Love this one

"I thought u meant something else lol thou talketh in riddles? "

Thou doesn't - i was being simple!!!

"I thought u meant something else lol thou talketh in riddles?

Thou doesn't - i was being simple!!! "

Phew - at least one person I can understand

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.

This is how we kind of think

Thou doesn't - i was being simple!!! Phew - at least one person I can understand "

Like get up, put one foot in front of the other to walk, etc etc

" Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.

This is how we kind of think"

Nice and practical - short and sharp

Thou doesn't - i was being simple!!! Phew - at least one person I can understand

Like get up, put one foot in front of the other to walk, etc etc "

Gee no - that is three commands in one! Steady on !

Thou doesn't - i was being simple!!! Phew - at least one person I can understand

Like get up, put one foot in front of the other to walk, etc etc Gee no - that is three commands in one! Steady on ! "

There were others but probably best not for here lol

"if you could sum it up?

One of mine is : Live every day to the fullest and make sure you consider other people's happiness and welfare along the way. "

Live each day as it was your last and shag lots of hotties

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

take pleasure in the small things.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Desiderata...read it at least once a day for as long as I can remember...bit of a problem sometimes taking kindly the counselling of the years and gracefully surrendering the things of youth, but hey, no-one's perfect

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann

"if you could sum it up?

One of mine is : Live every day to the fullest and make sure you consider other people's happiness and welfare along the way.

Live each day as it was your last and shag lots of hotties "

"take pleasure in the small things.

"

So so true!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I get out of bed, stand up, take a deep breath, and then think "I'm vertical and breathing.... everything else today is a bonus!"

"Desiderata...read it at least once a day for as long as I can remember...bit of a problem sometimes taking kindly the counselling of the years and gracefully surrendering the things of youth, but hey, no-one's perfect

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann"

Still as a beautiful as ever!

"I get out of bed, stand up, take a deep breath, and then think "I'm vertical and breathing.... everything else today is a bonus!" "
Also very very true. Sometimes I catch myself worrying about something which is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Desiderata...read it at least once a day for as long as I can remember...bit of a problem sometimes taking kindly the counselling of the years and gracefully surrendering the things of youth, but hey, no-one's perfect

Be yourself.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann

Still as a beautiful as ever! "

Thank you Aphro...the poem isn't too bad either

Be yourself.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann

Still as a beautiful as ever!

Thank you Aphro...the poem isn't too bad either "

Knew you would take it as intended

carpe diem

Cave canem

Ooops that should be on the dangerous dogs thread

Life is so simple, it's only your mind that makes it seem as though life is so difficult.

Born naked, die naked, everything else is a gift.

Clear your minds & enjoy your life

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Get on with it!

"carpe diem"

I couldnt eat fish Every day....

Mine is mainly "Dilligaff" or....

If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs.... You've not understood the 'kin problem....

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

My nan always taught me to start each day with a smile. Even if your day goes downhill, you can still say you started out happy.

By *uxtapositionMan  over a year ago

CARDIFF

Do unto others what you would have them do unto you, but be true to yourself ?

God that sounds crap

Carpe Diem

Count your blessings

Do as you would be done by

Life may change me but it will never reduce me

What if the okey kokey really is what its all about

And I read Desiderata every day too, its on the wall above my desk at work and on the mirror in my bedroom at home!

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

"Get out of my effing way, or I'll kill you....".

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I get out of bed, stand up, take a deep breath, and then think "I'm vertical and breathing.... everything else today is a bonus!" Also very very true. Sometimes I catch myself worrying about something which is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. "

Heard a great quote recently.

"Worrying is a bit like rocking in a rocking chair... it gives you something to do but ultimately doesn't get you anywhere".

The way I look at things is... can I do anything about the situation?

If yes, then do so.

If no, then stop worrying, and wait until you can do something about it.

» Add a new message to this topic