FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Car Boot Sales

Car Boot Sales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I love them, not been to one so far this year but ive next weekend off and plan on going to have a good snoop around..

You ever bought any bargains or sold 'junk' and made a fortune?

Think my best sell was some figurines i was flogging for my grandparents i only was gonna sell them for £10 but two men ended up bartering over them and my grandmother ended up with £200 out of it. I doubt that was their true value, but to her they weren't worth much, she was thrilled and £190 was more than she expected.

Best bargain was a dolls cot, buggy and pram for £3. Was pretty much brand new from mothercare but the ladies daughter just didnt play with it, was the end of the sale and she didnt want to take it home

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love them. Being a bank holiday weekend some of the bigger markets will be open tomoro too.

Bought many bargains over the years. Love the tea and donuts too.

I personally never go to a car boot sale, I'm perfectly happy with the boot that came with my car

Enjoy your bargains

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I personally never go to a car boot sale, I'm perfectly happy with the boot that came with my car

Enjoy your bargains "

By *iss PageWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I prefer charity shops. Got lots of bargains there

I've never been to one but I'm at the point where I have so much stuff to get rid of that I want to participate in one. I'm too lazy to ebay stuff and some of the baby stuff that needs to go would cost to much to ship anyway! I wish there was "yard sales or garage sales"over here like in the States, the neighborhoods are beyond perfect for them!

Mx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I used to do boot sales when teh kids were small to get holiday money. My son bought a mini bike at one for £3, was riding round the site and a guy offered him a tenner for it which he accepted, made £7 in about five minutes .

I used to come home with about £100 each time for a few hours work and cleared a lot of unwanted items from the house into the bargain.

I had a vintage woden jigsaw puzzle to sell at the last one I went to and a man stole it though

» Add a new message to this topic