FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Britain would be Great if ?

Britain would be Great if ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ? I love the uk but there's things I would change .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ? I love the uk but there's things I would change . "

Reintroduce those little stickers saying "I'm Backing Britain"

"What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ? I love the uk but there's things I would change .

Reintroduce those little stickers saying "I'm Backing Britain" "

yes the ones with a big yellow smile , lol I would change the weather ,lots more sun.

A willingness to fight for what we have and what we want from life.

By fight, I am not talking physical fighting but having the broadness of back to do something for yourself and others rather than relying on others to help yourself.

Selfishness has replaced selflessness in many areas of society.

We stop worrying about the rest of the world and sort our own shit out.

We restart manufacturing in the UK and understand that we primarily sell to ourselves first and the rest of the world second.

We stop thinking that the only way we make money in this country is through London based businesses.

The police, teachers and parents are given back the power to bring up children in a structured, caring environment with rules, boundaries, love and respect.

We re-distribute the income generated from taxation fairly to the those areas which are important to the country, that the taxation system is a fair one which does not exempt the wealthy, unfairly focus on those with a 'middle income' and ensures that companies pay a fair taxation for doing business here - without loophole or exemption.

We have a properly funded welfare system, which stops the 'Benefit trap', recognises that some people cannot work (and does not penalise them unfairly) and that for everyone else it genuinely helps and encourages them to get back into work.

I have more, but you get the idea!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We stop worrying about the rest of the world and sort our own shit out.

We restart manufacturing in the UK and understand that we primarily sell to ourselves first and the rest of the world second.

We stop thinking that the only way we make money in this country is through London based businesses.

The police, teachers and parents are given back the power to bring up children in a structured, caring environment with rules, boundaries, love and respect.

We re-distribute the income generated from taxation fairly to the those areas which are important to the country, that the taxation system is a fair one which does not exempt the wealthy, unfairly focus on those with a 'middle income' and ensures that companies pay a fair taxation for doing business here - without loophole or exemption.

We have a properly funded welfare system, which stops the 'Benefit trap', recognises that some people cannot work (and does not penalise them unfairly) and that for everyone else it genuinely helps and encourages them to get back into work.

I have more, but you get the idea! "

not sure what job you do .... but number 10 maybe calling you xx you could help. just what thay need

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

You're not a reincarnation of Clement Attlee are you?..you'll be bringing back rationing next..lol

"What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ? I love the uk but there's things I would change . "

boost growth and jobs. alongside sensible spending cuts and tax rises oh and Great Big Tits

"

You're not a reincarnation of Clement Attlee are you?..you'll be bringing back rationing next..lol"

No, though I wish we had more Clement Attlee's in today's political landscape rather than the self-serving ass-hats we have today.

I don't hold any political affiliations and I'm very apolitical - unless there is a 'Common Sense' party - which I'm all for!

"What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ? I love the uk but there's things I would change .

boost growth and jobs. alongside sensible spending cuts and tax rises oh and Great Big Tits "

You know, I always forget about ensuring there is an overall increase in chest sizes. Damn it!

Said it perfectly.

pay politicians more!

get the best talents into the house of commons. allow them to debate without the influence of the whip (no pun!) and to do what is right and not what the papers think is right or what they hope to be popular.

By *o1mrtlcMan  over a year ago

cannock

Reintroduce those little stickers saying "I'm Backing Britain" yes the ones with a big yellow smile , lol I would change the weather ,lots more sun. "

If the weather was better

I think we should build a 50 foot wall just north of Cumbria and all walk round pretending to be Rob Stark and John Snow, the character not the TV news man.

"I think we should build a 50 foot wall just north of Cumbria and all walk round pretending to be Rob Stark and John Snow, the character not the TV news man. "

500 foot, sorry

1. Free education

2. Full employment

3. Freedom of Speech

4. Capital Punishment

"pay politicians more!

get the best talents into the house of commons. allow them to debate without the influence of the whip (no pun!) and to do what is right and not what the papers think is right or what they hope to be popular.

"

Politicians are already over paid so no they don't need more money at all

"pay politicians more!

Politicians are already over paid so no they don't need more money at all "

I thought they were trolling...

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"pay politicians more!

Politicians are already over paid so no they don't need more money at all "

I don't agree.

c £65,000 for a 24x7 job, often away from home, always in the public eye, liable to dismissal every 5 years (or often) regardless of your personal performance in the job?

No thanks.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"If the weather was better "
good shout

"What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ? "

Some have lived in this country with the tag of "Great Britain".

Some will never have heard it called "Great Britain", just England.

Some will never hear or see it again unless we reinvent & look at past decades from the 20's to the 60's.

A country that cannot defend itself, cannot feed itself, cannot manufacture for itself & a country that cannot support its own birth people is in my opinion a poor deluded country.

My long answer to this question would probably over take War & Peace.

"Great Britain" used to be Great.

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"If the weather was better "

Tunbridge Wells

People on this kind of sites talk more about sex

By *scariMan  over a year ago

Taunton

Britain would be Great if....

The youths of today pulled their bloody trousers up!

Tunbridge Wells

"Britain would be Great if....

The youths of today pulled their bloody trousers up!

"

By *anemartinCouple  over a year ago

lochgelly

"I think we should build a 50 foot wall just north of Cumbria and all walk round pretending to be Rob Stark and John Snow, the character not the TV news man.

500 foot, sorry "

Why would you do that? I dont know of the character or why u would walk around the wall, but would that not be blocking of scotland. So ud make britain

England cutting of scotland? Please correct me if iv read that wrong.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think we should concentrate more on what's good about our countries instead of continually pointing out the bad. I think we are Great in comparison to places that have far fewer freedoms than we do.

Everyone.seems to have lost hope and moans about how awful it is here but we have an awful.lot going for us.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I love Britain, it's got plenty going for it.....it's just some of the British people that I find infuriating

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Proper newspaper wrapped fish and chips with vinegar!!! Now I discovered that delicacy back in 1982 in West Byfleet - Surrey when I was an Au Pair for a 'well to do' family.

You lot have no fecking idea how bloody awsome it is to eat fish and chips out of a greasy newspaper...do you?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I do! Saturday night, visit grandma, chips out of newspaper on the way home with extra crackling and onion vinegar.

By *uxtapositionMan  over a year ago

CARDIFF

Can't argue with any of what you say there

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

[Removed by poster at 24/05/13 18:06:08]

"What do you think would put the Great back in Britain ?

Some have lived in this country with the tag of "Great Britain".

Some will never have heard it called "Great Britain", just England.

Some will never hear or see it again unless we reinvent & look at past decades from the 20's to the 60's.

A country that cannot defend itself, cannot feed itself, cannot manufacture for itself & a country that cannot support its own birth people is in my opinion a poor deluded country.

My long answer to this question would probably over take War & Peace.

"Great Britain" used to be Great. "

Find someway to make everyone living here feel British first, not " I'm from wherever my grandparents came from"

Put Freddo Frog chocolates back to 5p each

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Britain's still great,and though we have problems,contrary to what many believe,there's never been a time when we didn't have problems.

it's just that,Nostalgia tends to wear rose tinted glasses.

Have a look round,where else would you rather be.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

To be a stand out nation again i dont mean the Empire, but i mean for the people who call this land home to treat as such if your not happy for with your lott.. VOTE n dont complain if you dont about the goverment of the day...

Let the police, nurses, teachers do their jobs without all the red tape inplace get rid of the PC brigade a blackbord is a fucking blackbord not a bloody chalkbord.. Black people are proud to be black so why is it wrong to be proud to be white?? Ban all right wing extreme orginsations.. ban xbox playstation wii & the internet to anyone under 18... get our kids off there arses n playing sport again..... easy realy

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Put Freddo Frog chocolates back to 5p each"

For me this is the one thing that would change my life

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Put Freddo Frog chocolates back to 5p each"

"pay politicians more!

I don't agree.

c £65,000 for a 24x7 job, often away from home, always in the public eye, liable to dismissal every 5 years (or often) regardless of your personal performance in the job?

No thanks."

Not forgetting having two homes to dodge taxes and not telling the truth, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them

Eliminating the Jeremy Kyle culture

Bring back national service!

"Proper newspaper wrapped fish and chips with vinegar!!! Now I discovered that delicacy back in 1982 in West Byfleet - Surrey when I was an Au Pair for a 'well to do' family.

You lot have no fecking idea how bloody awsome it is to eat fish and chips out of a greasy newspaper...do you? "

This

"Eliminating the Jeremy Kyle culture

Bring back national service!"

wow that would change things , x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Bring back national service!"

How would that impact on the regular armed forces personnel who have recently been made redundant or are currently at risk of being?

CARDIFF

How would that impact on the regular armed forces personnel who have recently been made redundant or are currently at risk of being?"

Indeed, if we havn't enough money for regular forces, how on earth would we fund mass conscripted forces !

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

How would that impact on the regular armed forces personnel who have recently been made redundant or are currently at risk of being?"

they {MOD}are doing similar now with the recruitment drive for more TA to replace some of the wholetime forces..

CARDIFF

Conscription would cost a darn site more than a TA expansion

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

How would that impact on the regular armed forces personnel who have recently been made redundant or are currently at risk of being?

Indeed, if we havn't enough money for regular forces, how on earth would we fund mass conscripted forces !"

Would they be paid or simply conscripted from the ranks of the unemployed and given buroo money less the cost of digs and rations?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Indeed, if we havn't enough money for regular forces, how on earth would we fund mass conscripted forces !

Would they be paid or simply conscripted from the ranks of the unemployed and given buroo money less the cost of digs and rations?"

who knows! I'm pretty good at pontificating but if it was down to me to run the country I think we'd probably be in a worse mess and I'd always be in the ladies when the important bit at conferences came up

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Would they be paid or simply conscripted from the ranks of the unemployed and given buroo money less the cost of digs and rations?"

also, what would the reaction be the first time a young conscripted person was fatally injured?

prob sudnt of invaded ireland back in the day ,

irish people do like english people , some of the nicest people i know are english but irish people just hate the country england , weird how it works , just the way it is

worst insult to an irish person is calling them english or british

in Lancashire

"Conscription would cost a darn site more than a TA expansion"

maybe in the long term yes..

the incentives being offered to soon to be redundant personnel to become TA are according to a retired CO quite generous..

they need to make it look like the policy in cutting to the bone will have not been of detriment to the defence of the realm etc..

in Lancashire

Would they be paid or simply conscripted from the ranks of the unemployed and given buroo money less the cost of digs and rations?

also, what would the reaction be the first time a young conscripted person was fatally injured?"

sadly probably no different to other conflicts where it has been used..

I have more, but you get the idea!

You're not a reincarnation of Clement Attlee are you?..you'll be bringing back rationing next..lol"

better education as I don't know who clement Attlee is lol

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"pay politicians more!

I don't agree.

No thanks.

Not forgetting having two homes to dodge taxes and not telling the truth, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them"

65K a year for 5 years guaranteed. You don't have to turn up for work. All manner of expenses allowed. You can work for others even if there is a conflict of interests in how you vote in paiament. Lie, cheat and only do what serves your own purpose. Given hold plated pensions. I've never seen a poor ex poilitician....And you want to pay them more?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Britain would be great if people stopped whinging about it.

» Add a new message to this topic