FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Deletion of messages

Deletion of messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's with people deleting your message without even saying no that's or anything even if you just say hi Hun here's my pics how are you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I meant without even saying no thanks :-/

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

First off, if that's your opening gambit to a person the expect it to be deleted most of the time. Second, it's not rude to delete, just move on and try the next person. They just didn't fancy ya, simples really.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

When you first signed up, did you not notice that fab says that it's not rude not to reply? It is there on the account for at least a week.

Nobody owes you a reply I'm afraid to say.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

How many of your messages are deleted a day, on average? Quite a few yes?

Why would you want to receive that many messages of rejection?

"What's with people deleting your message without even saying no that's or anything even if you just say hi Hun here's my pics how are you "

cos they can, just learn to accept it and move on

Wow calm people all I'm saying us a polite no is better than a straight delete lmao

"Wow calm people all I'm saying us a polite no is better than a straight delete lmao "

no one is being nasty, they are just saying that is just how it is.

Take the delete as a no, bear in mind some ladies get 100's of messages daily. If they answered them all they'd have no life

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"Wow calm people all I'm saying us a polite no is better than a straight delete lmao "

But if I reply with a no thanks, I get bombarded by name calling, so it's easier to delete & either save a private note or to block.

evesham

I am calm. I classified for your mental happiness

evesham

Worried lol

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

The problem is when some people politely say no they get a message back saying "Why not?"

Just because you send somebody a message with "Hi how are you?" that means they should reply? Maybe if you sent a more detailed messaged they may reply.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've stated quite clearly on my profile that I'm not responding to messages. Sadly it doesn't make any difference. I don't believe it's rude to then delete them without reading. There was polite warning given. Generally the first line of 'hi babes, how r u?' tells me all I need to know.

"I've stated quite clearly on my profile that I'm not responding to messages. Sadly it doesn't make any difference. I don't believe it's rude to then delete them without reading. There was polite warning given. Generally the first line of 'hi babes, how r u?' tells me all I need to know. "

"waves"

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Wow calm people all I'm saying us a polite no is better than a straight delete lmao

The problem is when some people politely say no they get a message back saying "Why not?"

Just because you send somebody a message with "Hi how are you?" that means they should reply? Maybe if you sent a more detailed messaged they may reply.

"

This. Plus the site won't allow you to block a person once you've messaged them. Send 5 polite no thanks messages a day or to however many 'Hi, how are you' messages you get and you soon have a very long list of people who have full power to 'message attack' you constantly

Delete is a no , 99 times out of 100

Persist

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I've just made a thread about this that you might find useful on swingers chat

C

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I hate 'how are you' messages. How am I supposed to respond?

By *eavensent78Couple  over a year ago

west mids

I don't understand what people want as a 1st message hi how are you is normal in every day life so why not in the swinging world if you meet some one in a club weather it be swingers or night club the opening line will be something along the lines of hi Hun hi guys how are you then the conversation rolls on from there and at no point would anyone be rude enough just to walk off without some sort of response so why should it be different just because you are behind a screen be it pc laptop or phone

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"I don't understand what people want as a 1st message hi how are you is normal in every day life so why not in the swinging world if you meet some one in a club weather it be swingers or night club the opening line will be something along the lines of hi Hun hi guys how are you then the conversation rolls on from there and at no point would anyone be rude enough just to walk off without some sort of response so why should it be different just because you are behind a screen be it pc laptop or phone "

Well said

"I don't understand what people want as a 1st message hi how are you is normal in every day life so why not in the swinging world if you meet some one in a club weather it be swingers or night club the opening line will be something along the lines of hi Hun hi guys how are you then the conversation rolls on from there and at no point would anyone be rude enough just to walk off without some sort of response so why should it be different just because you are behind a screen be it pc laptop or phone

Well said"

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I don't understand what people want as a 1st message hi how are you is normal in every day life so why not in the swinging world if you meet some one in a club weather it be swingers or night club the opening line will be something along the lines of hi Hun hi guys how are you then the conversation rolls on from there and at no point would anyone be rude enough just to walk off without some sort of response so why should it be different just because you are behind a screen be it pc laptop or phone "

Internet interaction is going to be different to real life. There's nothing wrong with 'hi how are you?' but if you want to stand out why not add some more?

And if we're going down the club analogy, how many people would respond to 'want a fuck?' if it was said in real life unsolicited? Not many!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Dear OP. Ignore your sent messages folder.

I started off trying to reply with a polite no thanks to everyone, but even using c n p it's too time consuming and the site rules state, it is NOT rude, not to reply.

But then I stuff the filters on last week and am enjoying this site, without new messages

Cos very simply being behind a computer screen gives people very different reactions!

If you had a lot of people coming up saying hello how are you and you turned round and said sorry but no thanks (as you can't spend hours having a convo with the amount of pepple) they would just say ok and walk off

On here you say no thanks and get abuse back or they just keep on at ytou, why not questions or trying to persuade by saying how great they are..

You can't even compare it to a face to face situation - hence the term keyboard warrier..

Oh and that in a club uts unlikely u will be getting the amount of people coming up to u compared with the amount of messages ladies can get on here

evesham

"Wow calm people all I'm saying us a polite no is better than a straight delete lmao

This. Plus the site won't allow you to block a person once you've messaged them. Send 5 polite no thanks messages a day or to however many 'Hi, how are you' messages you get and you soon have a very long list of people who have full power to 'message attack' you constantly"

Yes it will allow you to block someone once you've messaged them. We see daily threads about people who get messages from people then when they go to Rey they have been blocked.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

I hate 'how are you?' and 'what you up to?' messages and I assume a lot of ladies are the same....nothin guarantees a delete more than these type of boooorrrriiinnngggg opening messages!

"What's with people deleting your message without even saying no that's or anything even if you just say hi Hun here's my pics how are you "

Well, apart from the fact that I'm not your hun and don't want to see your pictures, it's like everyday life in that I'm not sure you want to know...how about if I reply...awful...my cat's dying, work sucks donkey balls and i'm being stalked by my partners ex wife...

Edinburgh

"What's with people deleting your message without even saying no that's or anything even if you just say hi Hun here's my pics how are you

Well, apart from the fact that I'm not your hun and don't want to see your pictures, it's like everyday life in that I'm not sure you want to know...how about if I reply...awful...my cat's dying, work sucks donkey balls and i'm being stalked by my partners ex wife..."

This!!

When you've been around a while, things change. I used to respond to every message I received. It's time consuming and when it's pretty clear the sender hasn't bothered to read the profile but simply looked at the arse then a no thanks is generous. Sometimes a simple 'no thanks' leads to 'why not?' And then after that it goes on to 'well I didn't want to meet you anyway, you're too ugly/fat/up yourself/etc.' (delete as appropriate)

If I had a quid for every time someone's opening line is 'how dirty r u' then I'd be in New York shopping for shoes.

The only time I read messages at the moment if someone makes me giggle with their first line. It doesn't happen often.

"What's with people deleting your message without even saying no that's or anything even if you just say hi Hun here's my pics how are you

Well, apart from the fact that I'm not your hun and don't want to see your pictures, it's like everyday life in that I'm not sure you want to know...how about if I reply...awful...my cat's dying, work sucks donkey balls and i'm being stalked by my partners ex wife..."

I thought the standard response to that was...

'poor pussy, I'll take your mind off it all & give your stalker something worth watching, your satisfaction guaranteed' funny but sadly true

By *ipper DeVineTV/TS  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Personally speaking iv now learnt to delete "notes" that are short enough to be read with out opening the message, for me personally a note that reads "how are you" or of similar length doesn't warrant my attention. Thus gets deleted.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Because I don't want the you are a fat slag anyway messages when I have rejected them...

But if I reply with a no thanks, I get bombarded by name calling, so it's easier to delete & either save a private note or to block."

Well said sister!

Been there, done that

"Because I don't want the you are a fat slag anyway messages when I have rejected them..."

Apparently I'm a lesbian bitch!

By *cEvil and BlueangelCouple  over a year ago

Co Durham

Thereby lies your problem....if thats your opening message get used to it !!!

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

If it's obvious someone hasn't read my profile and messages me when they don't meet my criteria, I delete. We women tend to get innundated with messages and would spend hours trying to reply to all. A lot of us actually say in our profile we may not respond for whatever reason etc. Don't take it personally and move on, as others have said.

"Because I don't want the you are a fat slag anyway messages when I have rejected them...

Apparently I'm a lesbian bitch! "

I've been called all sorts and a frigid cock teaser

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

I reply but i only delete messages once i save the most recent one from the same person so i have a run through of everything that we speak about, Me deleting messages doesnt mean im not interested its due to the fact i want to get through all the rest as i end up having an Email conversation lol...so the thing i do and actually have forgotten to do in the past is save - i actually keep saved messages for a yr it seems

yes we had a funny one a while back. A couple contacted us. We said can we see face piccies please and here is ours. Well we didn't fancy them very much so sent a polite sorry but no thanks. We felt a bit awkward so blocked them as we didn't want to go through rigmorole of being approached again sometime in the future. Next thing we know a friend of theirs sent us an idignant email saying how dare we block their friends as they are possibly the nicest people in the world to meet.

Edinburgh

"yes we had a funny one a while back. A couple contacted us. We said can we see face piccies please and here is ours. Well we didn't fancy them very much so sent a polite sorry but no thanks. We felt a bit awkward so blocked them as we didn't want to go through rigmorole of being approached again sometime in the future. Next thing we know a friend of theirs sent us an idignant email saying how dare we block their friends as they are possibly the nicest people in the world to meet."

Nice to see some discretion huh? Lucky escape for you me thinks!

By *ucky1Man  over a year ago

a straightjacket

Welcome to fab...get used to it

» Add a new message to this topic