FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Political Manifesto

Political Manifesto

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uxtaposition OP   Man  over a year ago

CARDIFF

Recent events have made my feeble brain turn over a bit. If you were standing for election in a genuine attempt to rejuvenate this seemingly terminally cocked-up Country of ours, what would you try to achieve to do it ?

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Withdraw from Afghanistan

Reform immigration laws introducing an Australian type points system

Sweep the Country to detain all illegal immigrants and deport them

Reform the tax laws to ensure corporations pay a fair amount

Revise our EU membership via a referendum

Reduce GP wages and bring in weekend and evening opening

Introduce a programme of re-opening closed railway lines

Introduce a system of vouchers for benefits and introduce a pro-rata system of community service project work as a condition of benefits

Introduce super fast broadband country-wide

Introduce longer sentences for causing death by dangerous driving and sexual assaults

Repeal the firearms laws

Be interested in what others would have as a manifesto

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Recent events have made my feeble brain turn over a bit. If you were standing for election in a genuine attempt to rejuvenate this seemingly terminally cocked-up Country of ours, what would you try to achieve to do it ?

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Introduce a system of vouchers for benefits and introduce a pro-rata system of community service project work as a condition of benefits

Introduce longer sentences for causing death by dangerous driving and sexual assaults

Repeal the firearms laws

Be interested in what others would have as a manifesto"

Well firstly if you stop all overseas Aid how about paying back what was taken as part of the British Common wealth with interest and that would sort out the immigration issues and the GDP will be reduced to about an average of $2 per capita. No one would want to be here

Some taxes could be re-couperated from Brits living abroad in higher taxes

Lets face it no one has ever won a war in Afghanistan - If you bomb it you just re-arrange the rocks what's the point. Keep our young men alive please

The informal economy would be a little problem e.g. UK agricultural policy farming relies on low paid unofficial workers to farm the fields as years ago travelling gypsies did this for the summer (opps they are immigrants from the 4th Centaury from India) that wouldn't work they would be deported

As for GPs and our health system the recent £1.9 million walk away pen to the head of the NHS I would call that governmental corruption on the par of Nigeria.

EU membership gives the dwindling UK economy the benefits of reduced import and export fees hence why companies like foreign car manufactures set up factories in UK..They would just up and go to somewhere else in Europe.. The UK is a tertiary sector so how can we trade as there is no primary sector anymore?

Railways no idea but china has a better system than we do

Voucher schemes there is lots of work to go around for everyone just don't be fussy but some families sometimes need help through no fault of their own

Longer sentences sex offenders and child abusers there is a much easier option called "instant justice". set them loose on a group of mothers from a nice deprived estate to do as they wish with no repercussions. It cost too much money keeping them alive in prison

My personal opinion on firearms is I would hate to become like America where communities and children get massacred

Phew...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I do have to question the part about repealing the Firearms Laws.....WHY?

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I do have to question the part about repealing the Firearms Laws.....WHY?"

Raw meat for wannabee rednecks.

Banjo lessons will become compulsory and marrying your cousin(s) will be encouraged.

I'm afraid you wouldn't get my vote, but you've reinforced my opinion that education and culture needs greater investment in this country !

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"

Banjo lessons will become compulsory and marrying your cousin(s) will be encouraged."

Already happens in rural Cumbria

its too late to do anything gb is overfilled and no money, the easiest way to start to mend this country would be for any foreigners that want to work in this country have to pay a higher tax. eg we pay 20%, let them pay 40%. this is cut down on foreigners coming here and stealing our jobs and the goverment would get more money. that would be best place to start, then unless you can prove you have 4-5 generations born in gb then your not intitled to any benifits what so ever.

"its too late to do anything gb is overfilled and no money, the easiest way to start to mend this country would be for any foreigners that want to work in this country have to pay a higher tax. eg we pay 20%, let them pay 40%. this is cut down on foreigners coming here and stealing our jobs and the goverment would get more money. that would be best place to start, then unless you can prove you have 4-5 generations born in gb then your not intitled to any benifits what so ever. "

Great idea....most of our doctors gone, and all those willing to work hard for low paid jobs which many can't be arsed to do in Britain will be left unfilled. Mmm the world's evolving lets accept it and embrace the many positive aspects....

"its too late to do anything gb is overfilled and no money, the easiest way to start to mend this country would be for any foreigners that want to work in this country have to pay a higher tax. eg we pay 20%, let them pay 40%. this is cut down on foreigners coming here and stealing our jobs and the goverment would get more money. that would be best place to start, then unless you can prove you have 4-5 generations born in gb then your not intitled to any benifits what so ever. "
steeling our jobs that old one, no they don't steel our jobs they do the jobs people in this country feel is below them, just like years ago when they all worked on the buses

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

" this is cut down on foreigners coming here and stealing our jobs a "

In a free market (which we all voted for) there's no such thing as "our jobs"

There's only job's which go to the person best equipped to do it for the lowest price, regardless of where they come from.

we wanted this, we voted for this, we got what was coming to us

"Recent events have made my feeble brain turn over a bit. If you were standing for election in a genuine attempt to rejuvenate this seemingly terminally cocked-up Country of ours, what would you try to achieve to do it ?

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Repeal the firearms laws

Just out of curiosity, I’d be interested to know if your list is laid down in order of priority…. and if not, what would that order be?

CARDIFF

"I'm afraid you wouldn't get my vote, but you've reinforced my opinion that education and culture needs greater investment in this country ! "

Was that aimed at me perchance ? I have a masters and earn £ 65 KPA as it happens, so educationally one is not lacking. All that is By the Way though, It was people's potential manifestos which piqued my interest

CARDIFF

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Repeal the firearms laws

Just out of curiosity, I’d be interested to know if your list is laid down in order of priority…. and if not, what would that order be? "

Hello, of course, it is in no order of preference, it is just a random order of thoughts which came to me in the context of the question

"

Just out of curiosity, I’d be interested to know if your list is laid down in order of priority…. and if not, what would that order be?

Hello, of course, it is in no order of preference, it is just a random order of thoughts which came to me in the context of the question"

Ah .. Ok....

Glasgow

"

Was that aimed at me perchance ? I have a masters and earn £ 65 KPA as it happens, so educationally one is not lacking. All that is By the Way though, It was people's potential manifestos which piqued my interest"

That's about the same as an MP so it's no indication of intelligence.

"I'm afraid you wouldn't get my vote, but you've reinforced my opinion that education and culture needs greater investment in this country !

Was that aimed at me perchance ? I have a masters and earn £ 65 KPA as it happens, so educationally one is not lacking. All that is By the Way though, It was people's potential manifestos which piqued my interest"

Education isn't purely an academic matter, and I'm sure you're far more intelligent than I am though not sure why you feel the need to qualify this by quoting how much you earn ?

I guess my friend there are a few dubious aspects amongst your well presented manifesto that are normally not associated with people who see a bigger picture, but of course I value your perspective and respect it.

CARDIFF

"

Was that aimed at me perchance ? I have a masters and earn £ 65 KPA as it happens, so educationally one is not lacking. All that is By the Way though, It was people's potential manifestos which piqued my interest

That's about the same as an MP so it's no indication of intelligence."

An excellent point, although I would add the caveat that many MP's have plenty of intelligence, but appear to have very little sense of exercising it for the benefit of the Country

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I'm afraid you wouldn't get my vote, but you've reinforced my opinion that education and culture needs greater investment in this country !

You should invest some of it in a pair of pants

CARDIFF

Education isn't purely an academic matter, and I'm sure you're far more intelligent than I am though not sure why you feel the need to qualify this by quoting how much you earn ?

I guess my friend there are a few dubious aspects amongst your well presented manifesto that are normally not associated with people who see a bigger picture, but of course I value your perspective and respect it. "

As I do yours. I did say that intellect and earnings were actually by the by if you recall, it was merely an illustrative.

Glasgow

"

An excellent point, although I would add the caveat that many MP's have plenty of intelligence, but appear to have very little sense of exercising it for the benefit of the Country"

That's not really their job. They're elected to represent and promote the interests of their constituents, something the Whips often forget.

I like the Australian points system and I think anybody wanting to leave here should be able to speak English.

As for stealing jobs how can anybody do that they need an NI number to work which is issued by the government

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Repeal the firearms laws

New flag too? I'm thinking a blue cross with stars on a red background.

CARDIFF

"

An excellent point, although I would add the caveat that many MP's have plenty of intelligence, but appear to have very little sense of exercising it for the benefit of the Country

That's not really their job. They're elected to represent and promote the interests of their constituents, something the Whips often forget."

Indeed, the party line should never rule over the majority of the constituents line, and all votes should be free without party post vote censure and pre vote co-ercion

Just a quick question! These 'vouchers' that you would hand out instead of cash. How would they work? Do the recipients recieve change when they hand them over if the total doesn't add up to value of the voucher? Or would they lose the remainder left over?

CARDIFF

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Repeal the firearms laws

New flag too? I'm thinking a blue cross with stars on a red background. "

The United Kingdom and it's constituent parts already have their own flags, sadly whilst the Welsh, Irish, Scots, Manx, Channel Islands etc., seem to be able to use theirs fairly frequently, the poor old English seem to not be able to use theirs, so we have no need to adopt a flag from an extinct Political region, just use our own more freely

Glasgow

"I like the Australian points system and I think anybody wanting to leave here should be able to speak English.

"

I take it you mean 'live' here.

It might be an idea if we could get all of the native born UK population to be able to speak English first.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

can I take the nerdy one about reopening old railways lines...

they are already doing this....

one near you.. the cardiff airport link...

in scotland they have reopened up a new line so giving glasgow-edinburgh a 3rd link...

edinburgh going back into the borders...

the mansfield link...

there are loads of links that could be reopened on the cheap, but it is getting investment to do it...

example of that in the north east... they could extend the tyne/wear metro tomorrow using old railway lines between south shields and sunderland, aand extentsion from heworth to washington, and an extension to blyth and ashington...

in a way that is where a regional assembly is much better at doing these types of thing than central government is....

"Just a quick question! These 'vouchers' that you would hand out instead of cash. How would they work? Do the recipients recieve change when they hand them over if the total doesn't add up to value of the voucher? Or would they lose the remainder left over?"

Could.possibly work.in the same way as giftcards? The left over stays on for next time.

Look at you!!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Just a quick question! These 'vouchers' that you would hand out instead of cash. How would they work? Do the recipients recieve change when they hand them over if the total doesn't add up to value of the voucher? Or would they lose the remainder left over?"

They already do that for asylum seekers. Apparently the amount given is not very high.

Some points are sensible some are not. Immigration for example. Net migration is down because more folk are emigrating it is a two way street and balancing itself out.

As for the euro debate folk are being conned into thinking we will be better off. Likes of nissan etc use uk as a base plus good tax rebates and if we say to folk we are shutting shop to look after us big businesses will move elsewhere we are no longer a big player on world stage despite what politicians try have us believe.

Regarding the trains i am guessing o p means renationalisation if so i agree.

Privatisation of gas lekky water and trains have been unmitigated fuck up costing the consumers arm and a leg. Apart from royal mail we have fuck all left and that is under threat.

Here is mine :

Stop all overseas aid

Repeal the firearms laws

Thinking the way you do plays right into terrorists hands as what they did was an act of terror and political too...terror creates fear..fear can lead to a divide within society which is what terrorism can create,from my understanding both suspects are british citizens

"I like the Australian points system and I think anybody wanting to leave here should be able to speak English.

It might be an idea if we could get all of the native born UK population to be able to speak English first. "

Yes I meant live here you can't make a decision to allow someone to live here then insist they speak English.

CARDIFF

"can I take the nerdy one about reopening old railways lines...

they are already doing this....

one near you.. the cardiff airport link...

in scotland they have reopened up a new line so giving glasgow-edinburgh a 3rd link...

edinburgh going back into the borders...

the mansfield link...

there are loads of links that could be reopened on the cheap, but it is getting investment to do it...

example of that in the north east... they could extend the tyne/wear metro tomorrow using old railway lines between south shields and sunderland, aand extentsion from heworth to washington, and an extension to blyth and ashington...

in a way that is where a regional assembly is much better at doing these types of thing than central government is...."

Regional Govt. Fabio, indeed, the way to go in my opinion. I think the English Counties suffer worst in this respect now and they should have regional assemblies like the Welsh and Scots.

CARDIFF

"Some points are sensible some are not. Immigration for example. Net migration is down because more folk are emigrating it is a two way street and balancing itself out.

As for the euro debate folk are being conned into thinking we will be better off. Likes of nissan etc use uk as a base plus good tax rebates and if we say to folk we are shutting shop to look after us big businesses will move elsewhere we are no longer a big player on world stage despite what politicians try have us believe.

Regarding the trains i am guessing o p means renationalisation if so i agree.

Privatisation of gas lekky water and trains have been unmitigated fuck up costing the consumers arm and a leg. Apart from royal mail we have fuck all left and that is under threat."

Brilliant point, re-nationalise utilities, I'd steal that one from you

CARDIFF

Look at you!!!! "

I'm afraid I don't understand your point sorry ?

Look at you!!!!

I'm afraid I don't understand your point sorry ?"

You came across as arrogant.....dont know if you meant to or not.... but you did.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

It might be an idea if we could get all of the native born UK population to be able to speak English first.

Yes I meant live here you can't make a decision to allow someone to live here then insist they speak English."

I spend a lot of time in Spain, I speak very little Spanish, and the Spaniards don't seem to worry about it to be honest...

CARDIFF

Look at you!!!!

You came across as arrogant.....dont know if you meant to or not.... but you did. "

I don't believe I am arrogant, and if I came across that way, it was certainly not the intention to do so.

With those laws I'd never have been allowed into this country. Even if i was, the withdrawal from the EU would put my job at risk.

What would you change about the firearms laws by the way?

Look at you!!!!

You came across as arrogant.....dont know if you meant to or not.... but you did.

I don't believe I am arrogant, and if I came across that way, it was certainly not the intention to do so."

Just felt it was unnecessary to tell the forum your salary as by some way to prove your intelligence.

Make lobbying illegal.

Make all mp's to wear badges showing any companies they own, work for or recieve any payments from.

At the end of their term in office they should be judged on how many pre election promises they met by 12 random members of the public.

Make them accountable to the people they claim to represent and not the big businesses they actually represent.

» Add a new message to this topic