FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Woolwich Incident….

Woolwich Incident….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Dreadful state of affairs

Reports now suggesting the machete attack on the dead man who may be a member of the British armed forces may have been filmed....

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Very worrying if true that this was a planned attack on an off duty squaddie..

sad when anyone is murdered, this does not look like the 'normal' gang type attack which is'nt uncommon nowadays..

that they waited for the armed Police and then went for them carrying weapons is a new one..

rip the victim..

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Just saw that. Sadly, not the first time ab atrocity has been filmed.

Reports now saying the poor guy was beheaded,,,and the attackers were asking members of the public to take pictures,,,

This is deadful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Incredible and totally shocking. Not yet clear what it was all about but the perpetrators should be hung drawn and quartered. Wonder if we shall hear from whichever community they might belong to. In my days in the forces we moved freely and were well regarded

Just hearing that the attackers wanted people to take pictures on their phones while the dead man lay on the pavement.

The eye witness (BBC News) alleges that the men were from Afghanistan and the victim was wearing a "Help the Heroes" t-shirt on.

Not a good look at all.

Silk

Just been reported its been linked to a terrorist attack.

RIP young soldier. My thoughts are with you and your family.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I think there are reports to suggest that this is now being considered as a terrorist attack...

"Reports now saying the poor guy was beheaded,,,and the attackers were asking members of the public to take pictures,,,

This is deadful"

Eye witness reports on Twitter are also saying his head was chopped off with a machete.

Terrible

Cobra meeting tends to suggest the government are viewing it at terrorism. For goodness sake though, are our armed personnel going to be safe?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Cobra meeting tends to suggest the government are viewing it at terrorism. For goodness sake though, are our armed personnel going to be safe? "

for the extremists they want us all to not feel safe..

In the 80's, the British military weren't allowed to wear their uniforms when off duty because of the threat of IRA attacks. I know that freedom of speech/expression shouldn't be censured, but the "Help for Heroes" type t-shirts might possibly warrant unwelcome attention in the wrong areas.

"In the 80's, the British military weren't allowed to wear their uniforms when off duty because of the threat of IRA attacks. I know that freedom of speech/expression shouldn't be censured, but the "Help for Heroes" type t-shirts might possibly warrant unwelcome attention in the wrong areas."

Yes that’s quite a chilling thought,,,,

I hope it doesn't come to that...

The stuff on the news is spine chilling.

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Why are 99% of terrorist incidents from the same religous group?

Dave

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 18:24:17]

This is terrible Just hope there arent any repercussions from the british public cos can only imagine the anger etc right now

"Why are 99% of terrorist incidents from the same religous group?

Dave"

Terrorist incidents or terrorists in general are not exclusive to one religious group

Silk

Northamptonshire

Dave

Terrorist incidents or terrorists in general are not exclusive to one religious group

Silk "

Not exclusive but a vast majority.

R.I.P. To the fallen squaddie

These people that have carried out this attack are nothing but scum I hope they also end up in a cruel and horrible dispatch from this world.

This is day 1 of a new war judging by reports, shocking and disgusting! Revenge attacks are in place already,

" Revenge attacks are in place already, "

I hope your wrong!

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

thing is, terrorism is done by a tiny minority - and they are best ignored. I have friends of all religions, creeds and colours and would do anything for any of them. These people today were nutters, and once you get past that, you can learn to ignore them. Why pick on innocent people, virtually all of whom would abhor such a killing?

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 18:38:31]

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Dave"

And 99.9% of that religious group never commit, or even contemplate a terrorist incident, go figure...

Hinckley

"thing is, terrorism is done by a tiny minority - and they are best ignored. I have friends of all religions, creeds and colours and would do anything for any of them. These people today were nutters, and once you get past that, you can learn to ignore them. Why pick on innocent people, virtually all of whom would abhor such a killing?"

Halle-fucking-lujah !

"This is day 1 of a new war judging by reports, shocking and disgusting! Revenge attacks are in place already, "

If the people that carried out this attack want a war then put a uniform on and come out in the open !! gonna leave this thread now before i get myself banned

"thing is, terrorism is done by a tiny minority - and they are best ignored. I have friends of all religions, creeds and colours and would do anything for any of them. These people today were nutters, and once you get past that, you can learn to ignore them. Why pick on innocent people, virtually all of whom would abhor such a killing?"

Northamptonshire

Dave

And 99.9% of that religious group never commit, or even contemplate a terrorist incident, go figure..."

Correct, most people (including Muslims) want to live a peaceful life in their own way with as little hassle as possible. But terrorist incidents around the world over whelmingly involve people from one religous group.

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 18:41:41]

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"R.I.P. To the fallen squaddie

These people that have carried out this attack are nothing but scum I hope they also end up in a cruel and horrible dispatch from this world.

I couldn't put it better myself, Cleo

"

Hinckley

Dave

And 99.9% of that religious group never commit, or even contemplate a terrorist incident, go figure...

Correct, most people (including Muslims) want to live a peaceful life in their own way with as little hassle as possible. But terrorist incidents around the world over whelmingly involve people from one religous group."

The Catholics already had their turn, it's someone else's now.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Just been reported its been linked to a terrorist attack.

RIP young soldier. My thoughts are with you and your family. "

From the mother of a son who serves his country, my thoughts are with his family and friends,,horrid attack

R.I.P. to the victim, I went through school in northern Ireland during the troubles, this blind hatred keeps rearing its ugly head time after time and generation after generation, the silent armchair soldiers who brainwash these animals need to be targeted more robustly, instead of wasting millions of pounds accommodating them spouting hatred across our land.Arm our squaddies with personal protection weapons and see how ready these cowards are to attack them. My thoughts are with this poor lads family and friends.

Dave

Silk

Not exclusive but a vast majority."

Be specific. Are we talking about the IRA? So then it's Catholics we're talking about?

Does it matter what religion a terrorist is affiliated with?

We shouldn't go down this route as many crazed people/groups, with ridiculous beliefs relied on religion to justify their cause.

The Nazis and the KKK spring to mind.

These men today were crazy (maybe not in their own heads) and are being dealt with by the authorities.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think being completely insane transcends religious divides. These people weren't the vanguard of a holy war, they were armed thugs.

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

It was a horrific thing today but these nutters want you to stir up a race and hate war - why let them win by doing just that.

Northamptonshire

Dave

Correct, most people (including Muslims) want to live a peaceful life in their own way with as little hassle as possible. But terrorist incidents around the world over whelmingly involve people from one religous group.

The Catholics already had their turn, it's someone else's now."

The loyalists (Protestants) were responsible for more killings than the IRA.

I don't care what religous or ethnic back ground anyone is from. It's the individual that i like or dislike.

By *attykitWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I'm not sure what horrifies me more. The factthis happened in a UK high street. The fact that it was filmed by people "watching". Or that the itv news is now showing camera phone footage of the alleged perpetrators. We are so close to being in an episode of "Black mirror".

By *udereMan  over a year ago

haringey

"It was a horrific thing today but these nutters want you to stir up a race and hate war - why let them win by doing just that. "

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

"I think being completely insane transcends religious divides. These people weren't the vanguard of a holy war, they were armed thugs."

According to the BBC they stayed on the scene to be taken out by the police, therefore suicide terrorists not simply armed thugs

Im not normally a violent person but in this case i would have gladly left the attackers tied to a lamp post to die

and not given hospital assistance.

Im so upset and angry about what i saw on the news.

And yes, there will be those who say that i would be no better than them.

so be it

Northamptonshire

"Im not normally a violent person but in this case i would have gladly left the attackers tied to a lamp post to die

so be it "

Hinckley

Dave

I don't care what religous or ethnic back ground anyone is from. It's the individual that i like or dislike."

So you're OK to mention Catholics and Protestants but just have to allude to Muslims, why is that ?

"I think being completely insane transcends religious divides. These people weren't the vanguard of a holy war, they were armed thugs.

According to the BBC they stayed on the scene to be taken out by the police, therefore suicide terrorists not simply armed thugs "

Its called 'suicide by cop' and it's nothing to do with terrorism.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 19:02:27]

By *he Badger 22Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

A terrible and shocking incident, deepest thoughts with the family of the victim. A senseless attack on a courageous man.

"Im not normally a violent person but in this case i would have gladly left the attackers tied to a lamp post to die

so be it "

Dave

Most if not all are in this country

The 1st apologist ?

Silk "

Northamptonshire

Dave

I don't care what religous or ethnic back ground anyone is from. It's the individual that i like or dislike.

So you're OK to mention Catholics and Protestants but just have to allude to Muslims, why is that ?"

My mistake, the majority of world terrorists are muslim. Not all but a high majority. Strange that as it's meant to be a religion of peace and tolerance.

I don't know where you get your facts from but all the loyalist factions put together weren't responsible for as many killings as the pira in ulster, especially civilians ie pregnant women and kids so be careful of what misinformation you spread.

to say im disgusted with this is an understatement, but what really sickens me is that so many people seem to have filmed it ,its bad enough it has happened let alone it being filmed and shown on all the news net works, its given credence to others maybe doing the same atrocity and getting it all over the world

ITV News just showed an interview of a man with bloodied hands.....OMG

South Devon

"I think being completely insane transcends religious divides. These people weren't the vanguard of a holy war, they were armed thugs.

According to the BBC they stayed on the scene to be taken out by the police, therefore suicide terrorists not simply armed thugs

Its called 'suicide by cop' and it's nothing to do with terrorism."

Are you seriously saying this terrible incident has no connection with our involvement in Afghanistan..they were heard to say 'we swear by Allah not to stop fighting you'..what other motive would they possibly have to carry out such a brutal inhumane act!

Northamptonshire

"to say im disgusted with this is an understatement, but what really sickens me is that so many people seem to have filmed it ,its bad enough it has happened let alone it being filmed and shown on all the news net works, its given credence to others maybe doing the same atrocity and getting it all over the world "

I wonder how many foreign news programs these pictures will be shown on. It's disgusting that any murder can be shown on tv.

"ITV News just showed an interview of a man with bloodied hands.....OMG"

That has just truly shocked us

The blood of this squaddie is on the hands of every left wing liberal politically correct member of parliment who let this filth firstly into this country and secondly if they are homegrown allow them to peddle their hate on our streets with signs and banners with death to whoever doesnt want to be part of their cause with no recourse against them for fear of upsetting a few people that live here with no intention of being part of this country's laws and regulations.

I feel sick watching that mobile phone coverage with the bloke with knives and blood in his hands...

Hinckley

Dave

So you're OK to mention Catholics and Protestants but just have to allude to Muslims, why is that ?

My mistake, the majority of world terrorists are muslim. Not all but a high majority. Strange that as it's meant to be a religion of peace and tolerance."

It is a religion of peace and tolerance, as I said 99.9%, probably more, of Muslims will be as horrified by this as the rest of the civilised world. The same as 99.9% of Catholics were horrified by the IRA's activities. It's not difficult to work out.

Are we really so sad that we bring up different religions and the past? I sat on this for a while, ended up messaging Ruggers to see if i could post on it before soxy beat me to it, why did I sit on it, because I was concerned it would end up a "the Christians did this" "the Muslims did this" or "the Jews did this".

This is the time to be outraged that such a horrific attack, not descending into such shocking finger pointing about the past.

Today a young man, who served this country, was butchered to death by two other men. That's what we should be outraged about.

Are you seriously saying this terrible incident has no connection with our involvement in Afghanistan..they were heard to say 'we swear by Allah not to stop fighting you'..what other motive would they possibly have to carry out such a brutal inhumane act! "

Perhaps they were protesting the deaths of their countrymen in the most pointless war ever fought?

I am not saying they weren't displaying the sort of behaviour that would make hyenas sick. I am not saying that they didn't deserve what they got. What I am saying is that a) none of us know what their motives were (how do we know they weren't shouting that to make people think that its religiously motivated when it wasn't?) and b) until we do, they were crazy armed thugs.

Hinckley

"The blood of this squaddie is on the hands of every left wing liberal politically correct member of parliment who let this filth firstly into this country and secondly if they are homegrown allow them to peddle their hate on our streets with signs and banners with death to whoever doesnt want to be part of their cause with no recourse against them for fear of upsetting a few people that live here with no intention of being part of this country's laws and regulations. "

What a crock...

"The blood of this squaddie is on the hands of every left wing liberal politically correct member of parliment who let this filth firstly into this country and secondly if they are homegrown allow them to peddle their hate on our streets with signs and banners with death to whoever doesnt want to be part of their cause with no recourse against them for fear of upsetting a few people that live here with no intention of being part of this country's laws and regulations. "

you really have no idea do you. The blood of the poor young man killed is on the 2 men who killed him. Its naff all to do with any political crap

"Are we really so sad that we bring up different religions and the past? I sat on this for a while, ended up messaging Ruggers to see if i could post on it before soxy beat me to it, why did I sit on it, because I was concerned it would end up a "the Christians did this" "the Muslims did this" or "the Jews did this".

This is the time to be outraged that such a horrific attack, not descending into such shocking finger pointing about the past.

Today a young man, who served this country, was butchered to death by two other men. That's what we should be outraged about. "

Northamptonshire

Dave

My mistake, the majority of world terrorists are muslim. Not all but a high majority. Strange that as it's meant to be a religion of peace and tolerance.

It is a religion of peace and tolerance, as I said 99.9%, probably more, of Muslims will be as horrified by this as the rest of the civilised world. The same as 99.9% of Catholics were horrified by the IRA's activities. It's not difficult to work out."

I couldn't agree more with every word you have written above.

I believe all terrorists to be cowards no matter where they are from.

Oh my god, watching that man covered in blood, machete in hand, saying he "apologises for what women had to witness but it is what women witness every day in his land and we should remove our government"....barbaric....glad he was shot after hearing what they did.

What gets me is he is obviously English, so why the F*ck was he not living in his own "land" with his people if it was so bad here....my blood is boiling!

Dave

The 1st apologist ?

Silk "

Apologist? Quote me being an Apologist.

I don't even like religion as an institution or belief system.

Focus on the people that committed the murder, not which god they pray to.

"Focus on the people that committed the murder, not which god they pray to.

"

Yes, this. Thank you.

Dave

The 1st apologist ?

Silk

"

ots tied to their religion

You concentrate on the dead person

!!!!!!

If as indicated on news it was an islamist attack i fear this could be catalyst for a majore disturbance here. I hope it is not and that the islamic community come out and condemn it publically if indeed it involved islamists.

I am not known for political correctness so if my views offend any group or individuals i frankly do not give a shit.

As for those who took pictures etc they should be treated just as harshly as the attackers why the fuck did no one go to the chaps aid.

A very dark day indeed.

By *uncouple981Couple  over a year ago

ayrshire

"It was a horrific thing today but these nutters want you to stir up a race and hate war - why let them win by doing just that. "

Are you seriously saying this terrible incident has no connection with our involvement in Afghanistan..they were heard to say 'we swear by Allah not to stop fighting you'..what other motive would they possibly have to carry out such a brutal inhumane act! "

"Oh my god, watching that man covered in blood, machete in hand, saying he "apologises for what women had to witness but it is what women witness every day in his land and we should remove our government"....barbaric....glad he was shot after hearing what they did.

What gets me is he is obviously English, so why the F*ck was he not living in his own "land" with his people if it was so bad here....my blood is boiling!

"

His London accent was perfect, there's fuck all foreign about him.

South Devon

Are you seriously saying this terrible incident has no connection with our involvement in Afghanistan..they were heard to say 'we swear by Allah not to stop fighting you'..what other motive would they possibly have to carry out such a brutal inhumane act!

Perhaps they were protesting the deaths of their countrymen in the most pointless war ever fought?

I am not saying they weren't displaying the sort of behaviour that would make hyenas sick. I am not saying that they didn't deserve what they got. What I am saying is that a) none of us know what their motives were (how do we know they weren't shouting that to make people think that its religiously motivated when it wasn't?) and b) until we do, they were crazy armed thugs."

Your first point defines our perception of how religious fundamentalists justify terrorism

"If as indicated on news it was an islamist attack i fear this could be catalyst for a majore disturbance here. I hope it is not and that the islamic community come out and condemn it publically if indeed it involved islamists.

I am not known for political correctness so if my views offend any group or individuals i frankly do not give a shit.

As for those who took pictures etc they should be treated just as harshly as the attackers why the fuck did no one go to the chaps aid.

A very dark day indeed."

Who would try and stop 2 blokes with knives and meat cleavers.....there is a fine line between being a hero and being bloody stupid...there is nothing that could be done to save the young man but what we can do is not let his death be in vain and stand up and do something...

By *uncouple981Couple  over a year ago

ayrshire

"

A very dark day indeed."

If someone was holding knives, a gun and you had just watched them hacking a poor innocent man to death. Then they told you to start filming it what would you do?

Northamptonshire

"If as indicated on news it was an islamist attack i fear this could be catalyst for a majore disturbance here. I hope it is not and that the islamic community come out and condemn it publically if indeed it involved islamists.

And how are you going to do this?

A very dark day indeed.

Who would try and stop 2 blokes with knives and meat cleavers.....there is a fine line between being a hero and being bloody stupid...there is nothing that could be done to save the young man but what we can do is not let his death be in vain and stand up and do something..."

I am not saying they weren't displaying the sort of behaviour that would make hyenas sick. I am not saying that they didn't deserve what they got. What I am saying is that a) none of us know what their motives were (how do we know they weren't shouting that to make people think that its religiously motivated when it wasn't?) and b) until we do, they were crazy armed thugs.

Your first point defines our perception of how religious fundamentalists justify terrorism"

And we use their acts against us to justify invasion and war. Its a horrible circle with no end.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" Revenge attacks are in place already,

I hope your wrong!"

so do I... that part of south east london tends to be a tinderbox at the best of times! but if I was part of a "certain Persuasion" I think I mind keep my head down for the next few days....

Yes, this. Thank you."

Absolutely. The perpetrators have followed extremist views or been radicalised.

The truth of the matter is that if we harp on about it being followers of Islam, then we isolate those decent people and make them feel like they are outcasts and the cycle continues.

This is a criminal act committed by unbalanced extreme individuals.forget race, colour , religion and ethnicity, this is about good and bad....and every race, religion and ethnicity is composed of both.

And how are you going to do this?

A very dark day indeed.

Who would try and stop 2 blokes with knives and meat cleavers.....there is a fine line between being a hero and being bloody stupid...there is nothing that could be done to save the young man but what we can do is not let his death be in vain and stand up and do something..."

Confused here by folk just making no effort to help the bloke makes it worth i am asduming the attackers were outnumbered by passers by so no real excuse for no one to intervene.

By stand up and do something what you got in mind.

South Devon

Your first point defines our perception of how religious fundamentalists justify terrorism

And we use their acts against us to justify invasion and war. Its a horrible circle with no end."

Or retaliation in our own country..couldn't agree with you more

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Revolutions have started for less! And this is not a flippant comment, I am saddened by the horror of this act and the fact it was possible for it to happen!

I cannot begin to understand or feel the pain the victim's family is going through...tragic, so tragic.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 19:28:54]

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

It is right outside the block of flats my friend lives in with her son and opposite the barracks wall and a primary school.

It's not the first time woolwich has been targeted before though - we had the IRA pub bombing about 300 yards up the road

We have to be clear about this - they can never win - EVER

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Oh my god, watching that man covered in blood, machete in hand, saying he "apologises for what women had to witness but it is what women witness every day in his land and we should remove our government"....barbaric....glad he was shot after hearing what they did.

His London accent was perfect, there's fuck all foreign about him."

And there you have it, we have countless young British born men flying out to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Syria.....just to learn how to bring their Jihad onto our own streets.

It's not going to get better any time soon I am afraid, there is much bloodshed and many tears ahead.

so be it "

Dave

The 1st apologist ?

Silk

ots tied to their religion

You concentrate on the dead person

!!!!!!"

I've already done that if you've read the earlier posts.

However it's pointless concentrating on a religion as ALL religions have committed atrocities to their fellow human being at some point in history.

This is the reason why I detest religion with a passion.

Innocent young man has died in broad daylight in the capital city and all people want to talk about is religion.

Great

Hinckley

Yes, this. Thank you.

The truth of the matter is that if we harp on about it being followers of Islam, then we isolate those decent people and make them feel like they are outcasts and the cycle continues.

This is a criminal act committed by unbalanced extreme individuals.forget race, colour , religion and ethnicity, this is about good and bad....and every race, religion and ethnicity is composed of both. "

The most sensible comment on here to date. Exactly what I was attempting to say but you put it far more succinctly and eloquently !

And there you have it, we have countless young British born men flying out to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Syria.....just to learn how to bring their Jihad onto our own streets.

It's not going to get better any time soon I am afraid, there is much bloodshed and many tears ahead."

Yes, this. Thank you.

This is a criminal act committed by unbalanced extreme individuals.forget race, colour , religion and ethnicity, this is about good and bad....and every race, religion and ethnicity is composed of both. "

exactly

London

If we'd kept our nose out of other peoples business none of this would have happened. Some nation was bound to say right, you want war, let's bring it to you!

These people don't fear death: we do. This incident has sickened me to my stomach, those that filmed it are no better.

A truly sad day for humanity.

Yes, this. Thank you.

This is a criminal act committed by unbalanced extreme individuals.forget race, colour , religion and ethnicity, this is about good and bad....and every race, religion and ethnicity is composed of both.

You are burying your head in the sand !!!!!!!!

exactly"

revenge will happen and i think it could be a national revenge across the country ,this could be the start of something much bigger than we could ever imagine

Of course it's a terrorist act , they have caused terror and have murdered a innocent man in broad daylight .

If the attackers were black , white , Asian it would all still be a act of terror . Just because this has reported to have been committed by Muslims it doesn't make it any different to the same act being comitted by Christians or Catholics or atheists It's ALL TERROR rip

"revenge will happen and i think it could be a national revenge across the country ,this could be the start of something much bigger than we could ever imagine "

I truly hope not....!

"revenge will happen and i think it could be a national revenge across the country ,this could be the start of something much bigger than we could ever imagine "

Sincerely hope your wrong we really do but alos fear this could well be a trigger

Feel sorry for the family how sad to see it on tv

London

It's not going to get better any time soon I am afraid, there is much bloodshed and many tears ahead."

Sadly, I feel you're right.

South Devon

'Bigger than we could ever imagine'?..expand

By *uxtapositionMan  over a year ago

CARDIFF

Dave

Silk "

Head/sand a little there in my opinion I'm afraid Silk, you of course are entitled to your opinion.

Dave

Silk

Head/sand a little there in my opinion I'm afraid Silk, you of course are entitled to your opinion."

sorry but you're wrong. In fact categorically wrong, would you like to be reminded about the IRA? I'm 10000% they weren't Muslim

London

Dave

Silk

Head/sand a little there in my opinion I'm afraid Silk, you of course are entitled to your opinion."

Are you telling me Muslims are responsible for EVERY terrorist act?!!

Dave

Silk

Head/sand a little there in my opinion I'm afraid Silk, you of course are entitled to your opinion.

sorry but you're wrong. In fact categorically wrong, would you like to be reminded about the IRA? I'm 10000% they weren't Muslim "

"weren't muslim"? Confused!

Hinckley

Great, so now the poor fucker's that I work with that came over here to escape that sort of shit and mind their own business will soon be targeted again !

Fucked up World we live in where today's atrocity occurs and then the way to make it better is to commit similar atrocities as 'retribution' !

Dave

Silk

Ok so the vast majority of Catholics are terrorists, football fans across Europe are racist and Germans are Nazis?

All because of the actions of a few?

Nice one

Northamptonshire

Dave

Silk

sorry but you're wrong. In fact categorically wrong, would you like to be reminded about the IRA? I'm 10000% they weren't Muslim "

The IRA and others were (are) terrorist groups some active some not. But think of the last 10 years of terrorist incidents and the high majority were done by Islamic believers.

Northamptonshire

Dave

Silk

Ok so the vast majority of Catholics are terrorists, football fans across Europe are racist and Germans are Nazis?

Nice one "

Selective reading. I said 99% of terrorist incidents are made by Islamists. Not 99% of Islamists are terrorists.

Dave

Silk

"R.I.P. to the victim, I went through school in northern Ireland during the troubles, this blind hatred keeps rearing its ugly head time after time and generation after generation, the silent armchair soldiers who brainwash these animals need to be targeted more robustly, instead of wasting millions of pounds accommodating them spouting hatred across our land.Arm our squaddies with personal protection weapons and see how ready these cowards are to attack them. My thoughts are with this poor lads family and friends."

"R.I.P. to the victim, I went through school in northern Ireland during the troubles, this blind hatred keeps rearing its ugly head time after time and generation after generation, the silent armchair soldiers who brainwash these animals need to be targeted more robustly, instead of wasting millions of pounds accommodating them spouting hatred across our land.Arm our squaddies with personal protection weapons and see how ready these cowards are to attack them. My thoughts are with this poor lads family and friends. "

Its a dreadful incident committed by 2 individuals..... Those 2 individual are in custody.... Localised or widespread retaliation would do nothing but fuel further hatred…

"Its a dreadful incident committed by 2 individuals..... Those 2 individual are in custody.... Localised or widespread retaliation would do nothing but fuel further hatred…"

The Muslim council of Britain have categorically condemned the incident, lets just hope there is calm and no backlash even though to a degree i could understand peoples anger

expand ....?

think its quite simple , some people will take the law into there own hands and attack the so called religion that the attackers are following and it will escalate from there .

The muslim council of great britain have unequivocally condemned the attack and that there are no causes to justify this kind of attack.

That i see as a postive thing. I hope likes of bnp etc do not get chance to stir things up at this situation and all thoughts should be for the soldiers family.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 20:11:36]

"R.I.P. to the victim, I went through school in northern Ireland during the troubles, this blind hatred keeps rearing its ugly head time after time and generation after generation, the silent armchair soldiers who brainwash these animals need to be targeted more robustly, instead of wasting millions of pounds accommodating them spouting hatred across our land.Arm our squaddies with personal protection weapons and see how ready these cowards are to attack them. My thoughts are with this poor lads family and friends. "

Dave

Silk

Nice one

Selective reading. I said 99% of terrorist incidents are made by Islamists. Not 99% of Islamists are terrorists."

Ok

Terrorist attacks involving serious violence or threat to life.

2000-present (check Wikipedia)

The Real IRA = 7

Islamic Extremists = 4

What was that again? 99%

Somehow I don't think so.

Dave

Correct, most people (including Muslims) want to live a peaceful life in their own way with as little hassle as possible. But terrorist incidents around the world over whelmingly involve people from one religous group."

yes and in the 80's it involved mainly christians(IRA (catholics) and forget what the protesant side were called) and in the world wars 2 it was mainly jews that were targets. reglion is used my people to give them a reason in there in my opnion sick heads to cause pain and suffering, when people then say things like its this reglion thats the problem it means the people doing the crimes are winning. because as i understand it most reglions dont avodcate violence

Thoughts go out to the deceased and his family. Our thoughts and energy should be directed in that direction, rather that the awful perpetrators of todays horrific crime.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 20:17:57]

"Are we really so sad that we bring up different religions and the past? I sat on this for a while, ended up messaging Ruggers to see if i could post on it before soxy beat me to it, why did I sit on it, because I was concerned it would end up a "the Christians did this" "the Muslims did this" or "the Jews did this".

Today a young man, who served this country, was butchered to death by two other men. That's what we should be outraged about. "

Totally agree with this. Religion and faith are dragged into things like this when no faith would ever condone such an act. These people hide behind religion and make it a weapon when it shouldn't be...and the daft thing is so many allow it. Religious beliefs did not kill this man today...two men did and if there are revenge attacks then to me that just plays into their hands and makes anyone carrying out revenge attacks just as bad as them

The thought should be on the deceased and not what religion they are... We cannot condemm everyone on each reglious group just because of the acts of 2 evil people..

I hope the two men are kept alive and brought to justice. If they believe in martydom then keep them alive and deny them their belief as they have taken the life of an innocent and should be brought to justice.

Its a shame were all getting wrapped up in the labelling of the terrorist and trying to pigeon hole them, because consequently people with no connection to the atrocities will no doubt suffer.

What next? The lynch mob appears demanding some macabre form of retribution to satisfy their own twisted thirst for righteous sanctimony?

The individuals are in custody and were engaged using lawful force which was sadly necessary.

Anyone else who now feels the need to stir racial hatred or cause mayhem is simply another criminal not a spokesperson for justice.

BLOODY HELL ! awfull ! but as a ex soldier , we should not give these people the publicity they crave !

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

The problem that exists with many people that they see the actions of a few mindless individuals within any community or religious group as being the norm of all of those from said groups.

The truth is that in virtually all events, it was the misguided viewpoints of those mindless few ONLY and that the vast majority of those in the respective religious groups or faiths want nothing to do with them.

Maybe something for some of the posters on here to review their reactions rather than generalising and spouting forth!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Its a shame were all getting wrapped up in the labelling of the terrorist and trying to pigeon hole them, because consequently people with no connection to the atrocities will no doubt suffer.

What next? The lynch mob appears demanding some macabre form of retribution to satisfy their own twisted thirst for righteous sanctimony?

The individuals are in custody and were engaged using lawful force which was sadly necessary.

Anyone else who now feels the need to stir racial hatred or cause mayhem is simply another criminal not a spokesperson for justice."

but because it looks as if it was 2 black guys with london accents who did it... short of waiting outside a mosque, you are not going to have a clue...

my fear is because that part of london has a strong bnp background... some loony is going to pick out a person at random as retribution

here here its time the politicians started to use the words deportation and repatriation then ill get myself on to the electoral role and vote for the buggers .

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I feel for the poor man who died and the family of that man, they must be in bits.

RIP xxx

The Muslim council has condemned the nurder and rightly so, as not all Muslims would act like this.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

http://www.itv.com/news/

Their statement is on this page.

"here here its time the politicians started to use the words deportation and repatriation then ill get myself on to the electoral role and vote for the buggers . "

Newcastle and Gateshead

"here here its time the politicians started to use the words deportation and repatriation then ill get myself on to the electoral role and vote for the buggers . "

short of deporting all black people.... just how do you plan of doing that!!!

South Devon

"expand ....?

think its quite simple , some people will take the law into there own hands and attack the so called religion that the attackers are following and it will escalate from there ."

escalate?

Yes 70s all the way through the 80s soldiers we banned from.wearing uniform outside camp, unless on duty,maybe it's time the powers to be brought that back in sad I know, but if it makes a soft targets ard target so be it, ppl will say you can spot soldier anyway well I beg to differ back in the 70a yes most civvies sported long hair so soldiers with their short hair did stand out,but not these days

I'm usually quiet and keep myself to myself but this incident is sickening and barbaric , and for anyone to say it was in the name of their god quite frankly I find appalling ! He was someone's son !!!

I'm no racist and never will be ! But if anyone is so against our western ways then return to a land that suits your own lifestyle and religious needs ! Don't try and change a land that your for-fathers came to , to give their families a better life .

By *attykitWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I feel sad. I think this is a turning point in Britain. That it becomes no longer safe to walk down the high street in broad daylight for fear of being hacked to death. I just feel very sad. I feel like I am an inclusive person. You have your faith and I have mine. We disagree but that's ok as neither of us is hurting others. I don't like the feelings this incident has stirred inside me. Xx

"I feel sad. I think this is a turning point in Britain. That it becomes no longer safe to walk down the high street in broad daylight for fear of being hacked to death. I just feel very sad. I feel like I am an inclusive person. You have your faith and I have mine. We disagree but that's ok as neither of us is hurting others. I don't like the feelings this incident has stirred inside me. Xx"

By *ondering_yorkshiremanMan  over a year ago

Somewhere near NE Derbyshire/S Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire border

My thoughts are with family of the young gentleman who lost his life, protecting us and our families. This my not have been abroad but he was still part of the armed forces.

Maybe it's time our service personal are issued with firearms to protect themselves and others at home. Im fully aware they are on leave, to escape the violence of war.

The men and women of our forces are trained to be able to identify potential dangers and the use of force when required.

While it may bring more respect and safety to our streets there is the argument it may cause more trouble.

Anyone share a similar view?

RIP young sir

London

My parents came here on British passports from Jamaica in the 50s. I was born here. People who wish this country harm with similar backgrounds to mine, pray tell where you'd deport them to?!!

"here here its time the politicians started to use the words deportation and repatriation then ill get myself on to the electoral role and vote for the buggers .

"

my mum's family came from Poland after being persecuted for being Jews. They arrived in Belfast in 1890 - pray do tell where you'd report me to.

I must say, not on the electoral roll - do you really have a right to spout your "politics"

I'm proud to be British....more over I'm Proud to be a serving member of our armed forces....I hope the bastards rot in hell

Hinckley

"My thoughts are with family of the young gentleman who lost his life, protecting us and our families. This my not have been abroad but he was still part of the armed forces.

Maybe it's time our service personal are issued with firearms to protect themselves and others at home. Im fully aware they are on leave, to escape the violence of war.

The men and women of our forces are trained to be able to identify potential dangers and the use of force when required.

While it may bring more respect and safety to our streets there is the argument it may cause more trouble.

RIP young sir "

Arm the police as well, fuck it, deregulate guns completely, hacking people to death is so barbaric when you could just shoot them. Bring on the school shootings too...

"I'm proud to be British....more over I'm Proud to be a serving member of our armed forces....I hope the bastards rot in hell"

thank you for your service xxxx

Newcastle and Gateshead

American dad and a carribean mum.... mum came over here to nurse the likes of you....

so where ya sending me back to????

Deportation etc is pretty strong and there are many like the previous posters that have every right to be here and fully support their posts.

However i do feel there is an argument to be said for deporting extremists and political acitivists that are deliberate in their cause and actions to create hatred and anger in this country.

My biggest fear right now is the repercussions that could arise from this and that more innocents may be harmed

London

"Deportation etc is pretty strong and there are many like the previous posters that have every right to be here and fully support their posts.

However i do feel there is an argument to be said for deporting extremists and political acitivists that are deliberate in their cause and actions to create hatred and anger in this country.

My biggest fear right now is the repercussions that could arise from this and that more innocents may be harmed "

But deport where?!! If they're home grown where would you send them?

"Deportation etc is pretty strong and there are many like the previous posters that have every right to be here and fully support their posts.

My biggest fear right now is the repercussions that could arise from this and that more innocents may be harmed

But deport where?!! If they're home grown where would you send them? "

I admit that is a tricky question and my immediate answer would be back to the country they were recruite from ?? I dont have the answer to that to be honest sorry

Newcastle and Gateshead

My biggest fear right now is the repercussions that could arise from this and that more innocents may be harmed "

the problem with this though it looks like it was 2 black guys with strong london accents....

where you going to deport them to? "north of the river"

seriously though...if they are home grown then where you deporting them to???

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's shocking whenever anyone is killed in the streets in daylight. This case is especially heinous for its premeditated nature and the fact it appears to have been filmed, in the name of God. Radicals are never representative of the sane majority.

If there is a God I don't believe they have been welcomed and congratulated on their crimes.

I admit that is a tricky question and my immediate answer would be back to the country they were recruite from ?? I dont have the answer to that to be honest sorry "

Its an impossible answer because its a load of tosh - they have broad London accents... Hmmm deport them to Belmarsh perhaps!?

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I admit that is a tricky question and my immediate answer would be back to the country they were recruite from ?? I dont have the answer to that to be honest sorry "

The country didn't "recruit" them so we should pass them onto another country for a crime committed here?

No.time to read full thread... r.i.p angel....i.cannot comprehend why anyone could do that to another human being. Religion is evil. I have no more to say

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok can I ask that we get away from the subject of deporting anyone, as it looks like they were British there would be no where to send them.

If they live they would have to be dealt with here, where they look like they were born.

I admit that is a tricky question and my immediate answer would be back to the country they were recruite from ?? I dont have the answer to that to be honest sorry

Its an impossible answer because its a load of tosh - they have broad London accents... Hmmm deport them to Belmarsh perhaps!?

"

Dont jump on me cos i have an opinion and i only said that there is an argument for deportation of extremists and political activists !!

Dont jump on me cos i have an opinion and i only said that there is an argument for deportation of extremists and political activists !! "

I'm not jumping on you - I'm merely commenting upon your opinions within the rules of the forum. I'm perfectly within my rights to do that. Having seen the video where the "foreign terrorist" or rather "Londoners who brutally murdered an innocent soldier" I am intrigued to where you'd deport them?

What I find utterly nonsensical about many repatriation arguments is that no-one in favour of it seems willing to commit themselves to a historical cut off point as to who would be eligible to stay…

For instance if my family came over with the Viking hoards ….do I have to leave too?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Ok can I ask that we get away from the subject of deporting anyone, as it looks like they were British there would be no where to send them.

If they live they would have to be dealt with here, where they look like they were born."

This please

Northamptonshire

"here here its time the politicians started to use the words deportation and repatriation then ill get myself on to the electoral role and vote for the buggers .

American dad and a carribean mum.... mum came over here to nurse the likes of you....

so where ya sending me back to????"

An American dad a Carribean mum and you live in Newcastle.......... the only place for you is Sunderland.

JUST seen the footage of the terrorist holding the machete , which is just what they wanted!PUBLICITY !to cause panic ! WE ! WILL now arm all our soldiers on sentry duty , GOD ! we now need to get more ruthless with these people !

I HAVE NO IDEA , WHERE THIS WILL ALL END !

MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH THE SQUADDIES FAMILY !

"No.time to read full thread... r.i.p angel....i.cannot comprehend why anyone could do that to another human being. Religion is evil. I have no more to say "

yes i agree with what you say, how would we feel if it was our son or our brother.

Northamptonshire

the problem with this though it looks like it was 2 black guys with strong london accents....

where you going to deport them to? "north of the river"

seriously though...if they are home grown then where you deporting them to???"

Belmarsh.

Right to be clear, I did not say deport the two that committed this horrendous act, and furthermore i did not say deport anyone !!

I simply have the opinion that there is something to be said for deporting non british polictical activists and extremists of ANY religion or creed that are in this country to deliberately create hatred and incite violence against anyone living peacefully in the UK.

"Ok can I ask that we get away from the subject of deporting anyone, as it looks like they were British there would be no where to send them.

If they live they would have to be dealt with here, where they look like they were born.

This please "

Never mind ruggers only another 20ish posts to go

At least til the next one starts

Av u called for back up yet ?

Visions of Jez : one eye on the news and one eye on the red phone flashing in the corner, thinking 'nope, not answering it, i know what she wants'

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Catterick might be a good shout to deport them to

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 21:17:56]

"BLOODY HELL ! awfull ! but as a ex soldier , we should not give these people the publicity they crave ! "

By *PLNORTHERNCouple  over a year ago

wakefield

they want torchering for the rest of there lives......

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 21:21:51]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This please

Never mind ruggers only another 20ish posts to go

At least til the next one starts

Av u called for back up yet ?

Visions of Jez : one eye on the news and one eye on the red phone flashing in the corner, thinking 'nope, not answering it, i know what she wants' "

Haha.

If people keep ignoring what I am asking there won't be a next one

"My thoughts are with family of the young gentleman who lost his life, protecting us and our families. This my not have been abroad but he was still part of the armed forces.

RIP young sir "

2 off duty squaddies in NI driving along a road and being armed didnt stop them from being dragged from the car and murdered !

What I find bad is the scum that did this are being treated in hospital they should of left them to rot .

lots of islamaphobia on here

"Right to be clear, I did not say deport the two that committed this horrendous act, and furthermore i did not say deport anyone !!

I simply have the opinion that there is something to be said for deporting non british polictical activists and extremists of ANY religion or creed that are in this country to deliberately create hatred and incite violence against anyone living peacefully in the UK.

"

By *pthewallMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Dave

I don't care what religous or ethnic back ground anyone is from. It's the individual that i like or dislike."

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"expand ....?

think its quite simple , some people will take the law into there own hands and attack the so called religion that the attackers are following and it will escalate from there ."

There are Two distinct groups that hope it goes this way...

The Islamic extremists

The Right Wing British extremists

It will play into both parties hands, they both crave religious conflict on our streets.