FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > pray for Oklahoma ???

pray for Oklahoma ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any one else have a hated of these kind of tweets every time there is a natural disaster?

For one, what do they honestly expect or is it so they can thing I've done my bit,back to my life now.

As an emergency worker myself I think the people helping them need thanking,not prayers to imagiary friends.

I'd their god was so good,why not pray for no more disasters or why does their god allow these things to happen.

I guess its an American thing and they are gullible when it comes to sky fairies.

Horrible scenes but we as humans will help each other and carry on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

For many people faith in an 'imaginary friend' is a real and valuable concept. Just because it is not yours do not knock it.

Yes, emergency workers should be thanked, as should those that donate aid. But for many the power of prayer is just as important.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Faith isn't going to get people out of a collapsed building.If it was local I would be there with work getting my hands dirty.

southend

Well for some they believe that it will. That their prayers brought those people to dig them out.

If that is what they believe then let them get on with it. You do your thing, they'll do theirs. It's the way of the world!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have to agree with the OP on this.

Surely something like this is proof if any were needed that god either A: Doesn't exist or B: Doesn't care.

If these people with faith pray regularly for an end to suffering in the world, which being in America is a good bet, then clearly prayer doesn't work and a better use of their time would be to do something practical. Rather than engage in emotional incontinence.

southend

I never said I didn't agree with the OP. For many praying is what saves them, I may disagree with them, but I'll never change their views, neither would I want to try. The difference being, they'll probably be praying for me and my sexual views, and hope I'll see sense one day. They try to change me, I just let them get on with it.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Well for some they believe that it will. That their prayers brought those people to dig them out.

If that is what they believe then let them get on with it. You do your thing, they'll do theirs. It's the way of the world! "

» Add a new message to this topic