FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Skint

Skint

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do people really live like this?

Wish I could get 1600 a month in benefits doing naff all! Before anyone shoots me I work and I've bipolar so I allowed to moan at them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I find this programme sad and depressing. What do you aspire to when everyone around you is heading nowhere? Why keep breeding?

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Im sorry but these people are just Scumbags plane n simple

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I never got that when I was wasn't working

It makes my blood boil what people can get if they play the system right

That goes from the fraudulent sick recipients to anyone else taking the piss

I totally agree, if I was like that when I was younger I'd have as the biggest whollop in my life from my mom, discipline is what these kids need, severe lack of parenting going on here, thank god for my parents, yes they were strict but thank goodness they were

"I never got that when I was wasn't working

It makes my blood boil what people can get if they play the system right

That goes from the fraudulent sick recipients to anyone else taking the piss "

My thoughts exactly and my mate in a wheelchair now being told he's fit for work when these lazy good for nothing scroungers get all this!

Government are happy to pay for his Carer to assist him at work, what a joke

I think some do live like that sadly but you have to put in context. The tv producers will look for the most sensational issues and the ones that get he most reaction. I would be horrified though if I had family living even close to how the families in skint are depicted.

my OH works in an industry where he can have regular drink and drug tests and if they did find and drugs in his system which there isn't any by the way he would lose his job and probably find it hard to get another one as this would carry on to his next employer.. so why don't these social spongers have to go thru the same drink and drug tests to see if they deserve to get benefits

The irony is most disabled people would work given the chance !!!!

I was driving down the road about a week ago and I saw an old school friend who I haven't seen since we left school.

He was stood at a bus stop.

I stopped and chatted to him.

I asked him what he was doing with himself and if he was working..

And straight up, he said to me. "Don't work, Don't wanna work".

I was gonna offer him a lift, but I just said "see ya chap" and thought what a wanker.

He is able bodied and bright, I know he has brains I went to school with him.

But the flip side to that is, I see kids every day stood outside shops, who do WANT to work but they cannot get jobs. No one will give them a chance.

If I ever came into serious money, I'm going to drive into my local council estate and had pick a bunch and pay for their college, so that they can get qualifications.

It's kind of one of my goals to be able to do that.

Ben

"my OH works in an industry where he can have regular drink and drug tests and if they did find and drugs in his system which there isn't any by the way he would lose his job and probably find it hard to get another one as this would carry on to his next employer.. so why don't these social spongers have to go thru the same drink and drug tests to see if they deserve to get benefits "

"The irony is most disabled people would work given the chance !!!!

"

Like my mate he's desperate for work but would need his Carer, bless him

"I was driving down the road about a week ago and I saw an old school friend who I haven't seen since we left school.

He was stood at a bus stop.

I stopped and chatted to him.

I asked him what he was doing with himself and if he was working..

And straight up, he said to me. "Don't work, Don't wanna work".

I was gonna offer him a lift, but I just said "see ya chap" and thought what a wanker.

He is able bodied and bright, I know he has brains I went to school with him.

But the flip side to that is, I see kids every day stood outside shops, who do WANT to work but they cannot get jobs. No one will give them a chance.

If I ever came into serious money, I'm going to drive into my local council estate and had pick a bunch and pay for their college, so that they can get qualifications.

It's kind of one of my goals to be able to do that.

Ben"

I would build homeless hostels with my millions -together we could rule the world

why not pay them in food tokens rather than give cash hand outs so more ale and drugs can be bought

"

I would build homeless hostels with my millions -together we could rule the world "

I emphatically concur.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I had it today can't go into any detail but everything was the governments fault,....it made me angry listening...

There are jobs out there it just that some people are too picky. What's the matter with cleaning streets or toilets. I've been there done that. I have worked hard all my life. Now I'm a supervisor in an arcade and I've always been proud in any job I have done. And you get lazy gits who can't be arsed to get out of bed in the morning and when they do all they do is smoke or sell drugs.

Rant over

Sits On Coffin

I originally come from somewhere quite close to Scunthorpe and whichever big town you visit there will always be an estate that has a bad reputation. Unfortunately the steel works was a massive industry that employed alot of people and when that went it hit the people of Scunthorpe and surrounding areas quite hard. I don't think it has really recovered since.

Bad parenting is probably alot to do with it, having said that that girls Mum seemed ok but the daughter decided to stay with her father....so maybe he wasn't a great role model !

I live on my own and am not entitled to any benefits apart from my prescriptions and I really do get very annoyed at those who can so easily play the system. You can see quite clearly that the young mums by having several babies feel that they are entitled to more child benefit and get their rent paid ! After all, wouldn't you play the system if you knew how to do it without getting caught ??

Maybe a good education in the 1st instance might have helped these kids

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I don't think people get the point of the programme....they pick the lowest of the low in order to get the most impact with their show, they must have spent months researching this until they found the worst examples they could find amongst the unemployed in the town they filmed it in.

And their reason for doing so?......to shock and anger their viewers, it's sensationalist television.

It's obviously working

I work all over the country with my work , and no matter where you go people do live like this I'm afraid . I'm working on an estate at the moment , that is like a breeding ground for pit bulls and hoodies , and when I move to the next town , ill find the same again and again !

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"I don't think people get the point of the programme....they pick the lowest of the low in order to get the most impact with their show, they must have spent months researching this until they found the worst examples they could find amongst the unemployed in the town they filmed it in.

And their reason for doing so?......to shock and anger their viewers, it's sensationalist television.

It's obviously working"

"

Maybe a good education in the 1st instance might have helped these kids "

A good education by itself is worthless, if Employers won't give these kids half a chance.

For every 10 kids who don't give a shit, there are 3 that do.

And usually it's those 3 that don't get a chance, it's usually the other 7 who don't want to work that get jobs and get a chance, then quit.

That's whats wrong.

The government need to do a better job of finding those 3 than they are doing right now.

I've always worked since I left School and I live a pretty comfortable life for my age, so it really beats me why someone would choose not to work.

Until employers start seeing past all the BS and start actually giving these kids a chance, then things are looking pretty F'ng bleak.

By * control youMan  over a year ago

swindon

Sorry did I misread wat was £1600 a month on benefits

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Yip I have to agree that there is more of it around than the government would like to admit to. I used to process college bursary applications and one couple received £24000 a year in benefits. Not including the rent allowance and council tax rebate.

I'm a single parent and managed to get back into employment a year ago. I'm now with a job agency but in regular work. I didn't work through various reasons but much happier being in work and setting an example to my children.

Yes it may be sensationalist television but at the same time it should show those that are on the poverty line and struggling to feed their families unlike the people shown on the programme.

More people in the UK are having to use food banks as they are below the poverty line.

there parents must live the same lifes ,,why would you let your own kids live like that ffs,,when i was young crack and smack used to fooking hurt ,,have you noticed that they are allways skint but still have money for fags,,beer ,,, ,,and other drugs ,and just think they are hard done to because they want more ,fuck me with a ragg mans trumpet ,,wish i could get paid 1600 pound a month for doing feck all ,,,,,,,,,,rant over ,,god bless all you hard working folk ,,,,,at least we have our pride ! x

» Add a new message to this topic