FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How honest are you...

How honest are you...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Kent

When someone messages you and you check out their profile and face pic and think they really aren't for you and so you message back thanks but you aren't interested...then they ask why not??

What next???

Ignore it, block them for not getting the message, reply with the generic 'you just aren't what I'm looking for OR are you sometimes tempted to tell them exactly why??? Lol xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just tell them there not for us and if they ask why tell them

We tell them exactly why! If they want to know we will tell them but we do it in the nicest way possible

Tell them tbh, i see it as, if you read our profile you would know.

It's worse when you reply "thanks but not for us" and then they reply back with "WHY?" Lol

Do you then tell them the honest truth as they have actually asked for the reasons

I just usually say I really appreciated their mail/offer/interest burg they're just not what I'm after, wish them well on their future endeavours and once sent I block them, saves both of us from future mails.

I generally bend the truth a little. You live too far away for regular meets....... your profile tells me that we do not seek the same.........but I do usually reply in some form.

Kent

"It's worse when you reply "thanks but not for us" and then they reply back with "WHY?" Lol

Do you then tell them the honest truth as they have actually asked for the reasons"

This is what I mean?? No thanks your not my type. Why???

Errrrr.....

ignore it and block them, because if they say that then its obvious i was right about them

My usual response is in the line of, "Sorry, however, I am not interested in whatever you may have to offer. Therefore, to prevent further contacts and wasting each other's time and efforts, I shall block you."

And then I block.

No come back after that.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 20/05/13 14:23:26]

Kent

"My usual response is in the line of, "Sorry, however, I am not interested in whatever you may have to offer. Therefore, to prevent further contacts and wasting each other's time and efforts, I shall block you."

And then I block.

No come back after that.

"

Might have to adopt that approach pearl!!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I only ever respond to men who have obviously read my profile and meet what I'm looking for on paper.

Therefore I don't see it necessary to knock their confidence with my brutal truth: just because they don't float my boat doesn't mean they need a bell to warn people of their approach.

I simply say they're not what I'm looking for at this time, but with their nice smile/twinkle in their eye/nice attitude they're bound to have loads of fun opportunities.

Not had a nasty response yet.

Don't see it as being dishonest, just treating people how I'd like to be treated.

Just glad to get a response tbh. If it's a no, after the tears, I just gather I'm not their cup of tea. Although I think this site is full of coffee drinkers unfortunately

Im always tempted to tell the proper truth but still just say thanks but no thanks and i don't explain why.

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

If I have responded and said you are not what I am looking for and they still respond and say 'in what way', I tell them the truth. I am specific on my profile of what I seek and that I won't budge ...

If they can't read, not my problem...

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

If the reason I'm saying no is because I've seen something on their profile that specifically goes against something I've asked for on mine, then I have no hesitation in giving it to them.

'It says on my profile I am only interested in local meets and you live in Glasgow!/are a smoker/a 1 inch wonder...'

If I just plain don't fancy them then I'll tend to say they're not my type. If they still press for details, I will be brutally honest, or if they're being narky I'll just block.

Yeah, if they've clearly not read my profile I tell them that's why I've said no, but if it's coz they're ugly as sin then I'll make something up coz I don't think I could ever tell someone that's what I honestly thought of them!

I'm all for little white lies when it's simply to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Overall in my life I'm very honest with those close to me because they know I'm being honest for their own good, but white lies to everyone else!

always honest why lie

i no some folk do its there choice

but not for me

Who wants the truth? I want fantasy with a fairy tale blow job I mean ending

"

What next???

"

The act of you politely telling them your not inteterested should be more than enough.

You should not need to explain yourself.

Its the one thing I dont understand...

When people say "why?"

Its like they are saying "how dare you have any preferences..how dare you!"

Yeah. I dont see the need for an explanation as long as you have been polite about it.

Ben xx

If someone's really not my cup of tea I'll block straight after saying no.

If its a 'not right now - maybe later/another time' I'll be clear as to why not.

Often I'll do a pre-empive strike! If a profile definitely isn't my type but they're theoretically able to contact me should they choose - I'll block prior to any contact being made.

To me - as well as being a reactive tool for use when dealing with clueless fucktards and abusive idiots - the block button is just another filter!

I generally just say that they aren't my type and then block.

Someone wants the truth...... they cant handle the truth!!!

Forget which film its from

"Someone wants the truth...... they cant handle the truth!!!

Forget which film its from "

A Few Good Men

Men mail me all the time i just say do you realise im gay? Then most dont mail back butnow n then you get the chancers lol ... If i wanted a man id be bi which im not! Lol x

[Removed by poster at 20/05/13 15:56:20]

It really annoys me when men ask why when I tell them they arnt what im looking for, I don't see why they need to know, the fact I don't want to meet them should be enough, I feel it puts me on the spot, so if they ever do mail back asking why I tell them

I give in saying much at all now! If say no I just get abuse

"I give in saying much at all now! If say no I just get abuse "

you staying quiet? ... can't see it lasting

I block in advance when I come across peeps I have no intention of knowing, let alone meeting for fun.

Im honest, and if someone sends a decent email and asks why not, I might tell them; however, if I've said no thanks I dont want another email

Mostly they get declined because their profile really doesn't match mine, and they clearly didn't read mine. If they cant be bothered to read my profile, why should I bother

I actually block more from the forums at the mo, as many people show their real thoughts and feelings on here, and if they dont match mine, I'll block to prevent contact

If I've replied and said ' no thank you ' but they persist with more mail Ill ignore it.

I've already replied and said no so don't feel the need to elaborate

By *ysteryboatMan  over a year ago

Brighton

So let me get this straight -

A man asks for a meet - you check his profile and (for some reason) you don't want to meet - you inform him of this fact and he replies "why not?"

That's what you're saying, is it not ?

Could I just point out that the correct reply to the "why not?" question is "oh all right then - come over as soon as you like, roger me until you cum and then fuck off without a word, leaving me unsatisfied".

And you wonder why some single males are abusive. Well if you don't treat them right . . .

"I block in advance when I come across peeps I have no intention of knowing, let alone meeting for fun.

"

we have the same policy as you

It's much easier to block as it saves your and their time .

Nobody wants chapter and verse as to why they are not for you - despite what some say .

If the message shows they have not read my profile I just ignore it. If the message is nice it gets a nice reply.

I think the word to sum up the people who ask why is desperate!

If you ask someone out on a date in the real world and they say no, you don't run after them asking why, that would just be a bit freaky, so why behave differently on fab?

For me, it is very nice if I have messaged someone and they tell me why they are not interested, it's always good to get a no response so I know they actually read the mail, but I also appreciate most women and couples on here are deluged with messages and don't have time to give full reasoned arguments. We either click or don't.

As a "slightly above average white cock". There is enough profiles on here demanding big black cock to damage my ego, I don't need to chase people to tell me what else is wrong with me!!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I don't get many asking why. I think they're relieved to be honest.

"I give in saying much at all now! If say no I just get abuse

you staying quiet? ... can't see it lasting "

Shush you !!

By * control youMan  over a year ago

swindon

Sits nd says nothin its safer specially when women are ranting

Usually I don't reply at all but if someone pays me a compliment or comes across as a nice guy and polite then I would message just saying 'thank you for your message' and then I don't tend to reply to anything further.

I do not feel the need to tell people why if they don't appeal to me. There's no need and I feel it's rude too. I just don't get into conversations with them

I just ignore it but then if they see ive ignored them and havent taken the hint and try again, ill block straight away. It is one of my pet hates though, its not rocket science lol!

I'm polite. I have many ways of saying 'no thank you' that don't seem to offend people.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I'm polite. I have many ways of saying 'no thank you' that don't seem to offend people. "
100% seconded

I'll just keep badgering cutensassy1 until she eventually gives in, lol!

I have only had a 'why' on 2 or 3 occasions, to which I didn't reply.

Most men are grateful for the 'no thanks' and are surprised to get a reply at all in my experience.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I'm polite. I have many ways of saying 'no thank you' that don't seem to offend people. 100% seconded "

100% thirded

"I'll just keep badgering cutensassy1 until she eventually gives in, lol!"

your obsessed.. u need a hobby or something haha

go have a wank and then you might start to think straight

"I'll just keep badgering cutensassy1 until she eventually gives in, lol!

your obsessed.. u need a hobby or something haha

go have a wank and then you might start to think straight "

Obsessed??? Can you blame me, you're amazing, lovely, beautiful, sexy, funny..........I can go on, but you're right, its obsession, grrrrr!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I say no thank you.

If they ask why I just delete or if they seem nice I answer..... with this.

Don't ask.

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

It's just so subjective. I guess most of us would be hard pressed to explain our preferences. One persons Fugly is another's face of character, etc.

Thanks, but no thanks is enough.

Perhaps some people are just looking feedback. I'm sure most people can handle that they aren't your type. If that is so then say so. Maybe its how they ask or not enough info on the profile. But us uglies can handle it, I wonder can the body beautiful on here so smugly writing off the triers handle rejection!

"I'm polite. I have many ways of saying 'no thank you' that don't seem to offend people. "

I'm polite too.. Maybe just attact the fuckwits

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Sincerity ... true sincerity and honesty is the key ..

If you can fake that ... you've cracked it

Kent

"Perhaps some people are just looking feedback. I'm sure most people can handle that they aren't your type. If that is so then say so. Maybe its how they ask or not enough info on the profile. But us uglies can handle it, I wonder can the body beautiful on here so smugly writing off the triers handle rejection! "

I have said thanks but no thanks, then asked why. Replied your just not my type. Still asked why? Lol. It's like some people want you to be horrible. I've also been asked after conversations like that if they can see my face pic... Errr no! (Get the feeling that won't end well) lol x

"Perhaps some people are just looking feedback. I'm sure most people can handle that they aren't your type. If that is so then say so. Maybe its how they ask or not enough info on the profile. But us uglies can handle it, I wonder can the body beautiful on here so smugly writing off the triers handle rejection!

I have said thanks but no thanks, then asked why. Replied your just not my type. Still asked why? Lol. It's like some people want you to be horrible. I've also been asked after conversations like that if they can see my face pic... Errr no! (Get the feeling that won't end well) lol x "

I think that's the guy who thinks because you swing you must want to shag a goat in the shuck. I still advocate honesty! In that case perhaps a little more brutal honesty.

No-one messages me so I don't get the opportunity to cast my honest yet diplomatic responses

» Add a new message to this topic