FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Live Art Modelling

Live Art Modelling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone no how you get into live art modelling? I've often bee interested in been a model for these events as I have no issue been undressed in front of groups

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

try contacting local art colleges and artists

"try contacting local art colleges and artists"

Thanks, trying to find some currently failing though not very good at finding them online ha. If i find one do I just email and say I'd be interested in modelling?

basically yes or even phone them. Might be worth popping into local galleries as well, or putting a notice up in local shop.

excellent thanks, I presume yu have done this too? You enjoy it and find it worth while if so?

along time ago for two artists privately and yes I very much enjoyed the experience and actually ended up with one of the paintings as a wedding gift

By *allen MadonnaWoman  over a year ago

In my own little world

contact rachel at register of artists models. iget work from there. apparently i'm to be exhibited in london soon

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Pop along to classes too, chat with the teachers, as they'll give you the run down and be able to keep you on hold. My local art school advertises, though sometimes just on the school boards.

If it's experience, then lots of artists are also interested, as they prefer a variety of people/body styles etc. It's also about what you communicate about your personality too. The closest artist I know for you is in Sheffield, so she's not that convenient, but her work is incredible.

"contact rachel at register of artists models. iget work from there. apparently i'm to be exhibited in london soon"

excellent advise I've found that now. that's impressive in London, go you!

By *erbyshire BobMan  over a year ago

derby

As someone who has done life modeling, I simply responded to an advert in the local paper.

Did it for a few years when I returned to full time education after being made redundant in '96 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Looking out for anyone offering private art lessons might be one way of getting into it. Most of my sessions were with a lovely lass in the Dales who runs her own classes.

Was rather surreal stripping off to pose in Bakewell Methodist Church Hall in front of several "Blue rinse tory" type ladies who then walked out with nude sketches of your's truely under their arms!

"As someone who has done life modeling, I simply responded to an advert in the local paper.

Did it for a few years when I returned to full time education after being made redundant in '96 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Looking out for anyone offering private art lessons might be one way of getting into it. Most of my sessions were with a lovely lass in the Dales who runs her own classes.

Was rather surreal stripping off to pose in Bakewell Methodist Church Hall in front of several "Blue rinse tory" type ladies who then walked out with nude sketches of your's truely under their arms! "

I have always been interested but I have always thought I'm not good looking enough for it :/ I do like the idea of seeing peoples sketches and seeing how others view you and draw you

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

college and schools .. contact them

"contact rachel at register of artists models. iget work from there. apparently i'm to be exhibited in london soon"

I see you have to pay to become a model on there?

» Add a new message to this topic