FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Skint...

Skint...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Is anyone else watching this on CH4??...I am cringing here...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Saw the advert and was genuinely intrigued but now the soaps are done, there is football on.

Will catch on 4OD though

its similar to my neighbourhood

"Is anyone else watching this on CH4??...I am cringing here..."

I saw a trailer for it and decided against watching it for fear of shouting at the television.

"Is anyone else watching this on CH4??...I am cringing here...

I saw a trailer for it and decided against watching it for fear of shouting at the television. "

I have shouted at it a few times...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I saw a trailer for it and decided against watching it for fear of shouting at the television. "

Same here

The boy is 15 been expelled from 7 schools goes around and tells his mum to fuck off threw a glass at ther and smashes up the house....

Im watching it and it and things like the way that kid is with his mother is awful to watch.

I feel so lucky with mine when i see things like that.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I decided not to watch ... it just looks too depressing. Not to mention frustrating and guaranteed to wind me up!

"The boy is 15 been expelled from 7 schools goes around and tells his mum to fuck off threw a glass at ther and smashes up the house...."

...bet they've got a 52" plasma tv on the wall in the front room though!

"The boy is 15 been expelled from 7 schools goes around and tells his mum to fuck off threw a glass at ther and smashes up the house....

...bet they've got a 52" plasma tv on the wall in the front room though! "

I think this i work and don't have a tv like that!

"Im watching it and it and things like the way that kid is with his mother is awful to watch.

I feel so lucky with mine when i see things like that."

"The boy is 15 been expelled from 7 schools goes around and tells his mum to fuck off threw a glass at ther and smashes up the house....

...bet they've got a 52" plasma tv on the wall in the front room though! "

Nope not this woman...he would smash it up...

The first time one of mine ever smash a window or anything in my home they are paying for it!

They broke my front door once because they were messing about and being prats so i made them pay for that out of their bank accounts.

Bring back national service that will sirt the little feckers out

"Bring back national service that will sirt the little feckers out"
lol my dad would have said the same thing .. x

You know its sad...He will end up in prison or dead...

I knew this would wind people up.

It doesn't really bother me. It's kinda like real life shameless.

"Bring back national service that will sirt the little feckers out lol my dad would have said the same thing .. x"

Only watched five minutes and wanted to kill the little brats x

It is sad

"Bring back national service that will sirt the little feckers out lol my dad would have said the same thing .. x

Only watched five minutes and wanted to kill the little brats x "

That's how it seems but its also quite sad to watch as they have nothing better to do and usually parents have let them get away with stuff from a young age and cant repair it in their teens.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I couldn't bear to watch it.

"Bring back national service that will sirt the little feckers out lol my dad would have said the same thing .. x

Only watched five minutes and wanted to kill the little brats x "

yes they look so pleased when the police get hold of them ... maybe they get food and drink and a rest away from the family see it like a holiday .

Maybe the question we should be asking is as a society how are we letting an underclass like this develop?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I couldn't bear to watch it."
I read about it and decided I wouldn't watch either `

Only watched five minutes and wanted to kill the little brats x yes they look so pleased when the police get hold of them ... maybe they get food and drink and a rest away from the family see it like a holiday . "

If not national service maybe we need sone sprt of Boot camp for them where the hounded and worked from dawn till dusk

By *lderguy4funMan  over a year ago

ROTHERHAM

if any of my kids told me to fuck off they would get a big boot up there arse and draged to school by his hair or his balls

I am, and if Connor was my son I would knock his head off

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

oh FFS he is showing his vasectomy.lol

OMG he has got his cock out to show the cameraman where he has had the snip...

One woman said she thinks shes failed her kids. The truth of it is she has! I lived on an estate like that when i was a kid and my parents did anything and everything in their power to bring me up right. Boils my piss when the likes of these whinge about being skint and the government is against them, get an education (in something useful instead of a ten a penny degree) and make something of life instead of wanting hand outs off others!

"One woman said she thinks shes failed her kids. The truth of it is she has! I lived on an estate like that when i was a kid and my parents did anything and everything in their power to bring me up right. Boils my piss when the likes of these whinge about being skint and the government is against them, get an education (in something useful instead of a ten a penny degree) and make something of life instead of wanting hand outs off others! "

"One woman said she thinks shes failed her kids. The truth of it is she has! I lived on an estate like that when i was a kid and my parents did anything and everything in their power to bring me up right. Boils my piss when the likes of these whinge about being skint and the government is against them, get an education (in something useful instead of a ten a penny degree) and make something of life instead of wanting hand outs off others! "
well it looks like you turned out well xx

"Bring back national service that will sirt the little feckers out"

Train them to be killers. Brilliant idea

I think society and those are there to support children to educate them and what not have failed areas like those in this programme. There is fuck all for the kids to do no youth clubs no role models no mentors if they can do it for the most intrenched gang members they can do it with these kids..

"One woman said she thinks shes failed her kids. The truth of it is she has! I lived on an estate like that when i was a kid and my parents did anything and everything in their power to bring me up right. Boils my piss when the likes of these whinge about being skint and the government is against them, get an education (in something useful instead of a ten a penny degree) and make something of life instead of wanting hand outs off others! well it looks like you turned out well xx"

Thanks! I do my best

evesham

"I think society and those are there to support children to educate them and what not have failed areas like those in this programme. There is fuck all for the kids to do no youth clubs no role models no mentors if they can do it for the most intrenched gang members they can do it with these kids.."

sorry cheeky but the FIRST people to blame are the parents. They give them no rules, no boundaries, teach them that they can behave like little shits and get away with it. It is not the job of others to provide basic educaton in manners and respect to others etc.

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"I think society and those are there to support children to educate them and what not have failed areas like those in this programme. There is fuck all for the kids to do no youth clubs no role models no mentors if they can do it for the most intrenched gang members they can do it with these kids.."

I grew up in a very deprived area, former mining village with high unemployment and high crime. My dad couldn't have given a rats ass but I had one parent who was determined I would not end up like my peers...She berated me, wouldn't let me out late, in fact was an absolutely nightmare mother

But gosh I am grateful to her....she went without so my brother and I could have what we needed. We didn't have luxuries but we had a good moral upbringing and have both turned out as good eggs.....good jobs etc.....

I never appreciated it at the time but I did in later life - and have told her several times....so sometimes it does come down to parenting....

"I think society and those are there to support children to educate them and what not have failed areas like those in this programme. There is fuck all for the kids to do no youth clubs no role models no mentors if they can do it for the most intrenched gang members they can do it with these kids..

sorry cheeky but the FIRST people to blame are the parents. They give them no rules, no boundaries, teach them that they can behave like little shits and get away with it. It is not the job of others to provide basic educaton in manners and respect to others etc.

"

No I agree with your statement that it is the parents that have to teach the kids boundaries and respect... My parents taught me that but I still went off the rails...

There was bugger all for me to do when i was a kid, no youth clubs but me and my mates had a football and we played from 5:30 till it got dark. If we didnt play footy we played catch or some other daft game.

WRT role models mine were my parents not some overpriced footballer etc. I was never frightened of the police etc i was always petrified of upsetting my parents/ grand parents

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Manners.. was the one thing..

The systemic failure is widespread, and its a combination of so many different factors its high on impossible to attribute it one specific cause.

This country is in danger of losing sight of the problem because so many people in this country close their eyes to it - and by the time the powers that be wake up to what is really happening it will have slipped from their grasp and become an epidemic.

--

Money doesn't talk, it swears.

Obscenity, who really cares?

Propaganda - all is phony.

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

At least the Jeremy Kyle show is well sorted for another series !!! lol

"The boy is 15 been expelled from 7 schools goes around and tells his mum to fuck off threw a glass at ther and smashes up the house...."

I wouldnt let a kid of mine do that, im 5 foot 2 but i would show him who is the parent thats for sure.....how does a child get to that stage....i just despair of it all thats for sure

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think in a lot of deprived areas, inner cities, and areas of high youth unemployment, there is a lot of gang activity that is difficult for many youths to get away from once they have been drawn in.

No wonder all respect has gone out of the window with those ferral cretins

I think some kids don't stand a chance got parents that don't care....they are dragged up through the care system...comes out gets a flat and is simply left to either succeed or fail....I believe that given the right guidance and support many would succeed rather than fail...however those with the purse strings think its better to put the money to other uses then how the fuck are we going to make a difference...

No wonder all respect has gone out of the window with those ferral cretins"

That's a bit harsh....

"Maybe the question we should be asking is as a society how are we letting an underclass like this develop?"

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I think some kids don't stand a chance got parents that don't care....they are dragged up through the care system...comes out gets a flat and is simply left to either succeed or fail....I believe that given the right guidance and support many would succeed rather than fail...however those with the purse strings think its better to put the money to other uses then how the fuck are we going to make a difference... "
I could not agree with you more. If only we could get to some the youngster that little bit earlier, that little bit more effectively. So sad.

When i waa growing up we had dicipline...we had respect for others and there property we respected and looked up to our peers and respect for the police...there is none of that now all the bleesing hearts and do gooders have seen to that and the kids today know it..they know the police system and the law is soft on them so they dont care if i did anythinh like these kids do my dad would have gave me a good hiding....oh yeh do gooders again...you cant smack your kids utter pish in my book

"I think some kids don't stand a chance got parents that don't care....they are dragged up through the care system...comes out gets a flat and is simply left to either succeed or fail....I believe that given the right guidance and support many would succeed rather than fail...however those with the purse strings think its better to put the money to other uses then how the fuck are we going to make a difference... "

Thats the thing that gets me though how can you(not you lol) not care how your child turns out? Even if in 20 years time it turns out i was successful etc i would still strive for better for my family!

The government can only do so much people have got to want better for their own and them self.

"When i waa growing up we had dicipline...we had respect for others and there property we respected and looked up to our peers and respect for the police...there is none of that now all the bleesing hearts and do gooders have seen to that and the kids today know it..they know the police system and the law is soft on them so they dont care if i did anythinh like these kids do my dad would have gave me a good hiding....oh yeh do gooders again...you cant smack your kids utter pish in my book"
I never had to smack my kids - perhaps because I had the right tools to bring them up, sufficient funds to give them extra curricular activities which allowed them never to be bored or get into the wrong crowd and then, perhaps there was an element of luck. I do think that some parents lack skills and are maybe not as lucky - we need to ask how we can turn things round.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"When i waa growing up we had dicipline...we had respect for others and there property we respected and looked up to our peers and respect for the police...there is none of that now all the bleesing hearts and do gooders have seen to that and the kids today know it..they know the police system and the law is soft on them so they dont care if i did anythinh like these kids do my dad would have gave me a good hiding....oh yeh do gooders again...you cant smack your kids utter pish in my book"

I never smacked my kids, they turned out just fine!!

There are a millions of kids out there being brought up just fine...so to say there is none of that now is just complete rubbish!

I was disciplined in a total different manner and it worked equally well. I was never smacked as a kid but i was grounded and non of this get in your room and just watch tv. The plugs for my tv, games etc were all cut off so i couldnt watch them i had to sit and stare at four walls. I was grounded for the smallest thing for example leaving the toilet seat up (3 days) i only did it once!

"When i waa growing up we had dicipline...we had respect for others and there property we respected and looked up to our peers and respect for the police...there is none of that now all the bleesing hearts and do gooders have seen to that and the kids today know it..they know the police system and the law is soft on them so they dont care if i did anythinh like these kids do my dad would have gave me a good hiding....oh yeh do gooders again...you cant smack your kids utter pish in my book

I never smacked my kids, they turned out just fine!!

There are a millions of kids out there being brought up just fine...so to say there is none of that now is just complete rubbish!"

Meant to add, mine turned out fine as well.

evesham

i very rarely got smacked when i was a child but it did happen. My dad could control us from across a crowded room with just a look!

"I think some kids don't stand a chance got parents that don't care....they are dragged up through the care system...comes out gets a flat and is simply left to either succeed or fail....I believe that given the right guidance and support many would succeed rather than fail...however those with the purse strings think its better to put the money to other uses then how the fuck are we going to make a difference...

Thats the thing that gets me though how can you(not you lol) not care how your child turns out? Even if in 20 years time it turns out i was successful etc i would still strive for better for my family!

The government can only do so much people have got to want better for their own and them self. "

Some don't want to be parents but have kids for the sake of it..of course they must want it for themselves....everyone needs a helping hand once in a while....I was given one and it was what I needed someone to tell me I was good enough and that I could do anything I wanted...I am lucky I have the most amazing parents but I fell off the straight and narrow. I needed the guidance of someone who was not close to me to understand what my actions were doing to those that loved me...

"I think some kids don't stand a chance got parents that don't care....they are dragged up through the care system...comes out gets a flat and is simply left to either succeed or fail....I believe that given the right guidance and support many would succeed rather than fail...however those with the purse strings think its better to put the money to other uses then how the fuck are we going to make a difference...

The government can only do so much people have got to want better for their own and them self.

Some don't want to be parents but have kids for the sake of it..of course they must want it for themselves....everyone needs a helping hand once in a while....I was given one and it was what I needed someone to tell me I was good enough and that I could do anything I wanted...I am lucky I have the most amazing parents but I fell off the straight and narrow. I needed the guidance of someone who was not close to me to understand what my actions were doing to those that loved me... "

I have come across some teenage mums (and dads) who had grown up in such diabolic and dysfunctional circumstances that all they wanted was a baby of their own to love and look after. Of course they lacked the skills, experience and knowledge to do so but their desire to be parents was not borne out of anything other than a need for love and affection, the sort of family feeling they sadly never had themselves.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I couldn't bear to watch it."

Nor I.

"I think society and those are there to support children to educate them and what not have failed areas like those in this programme. There is fuck all for the kids to do no youth clubs no role models no mentors if they can do it for the most intrenched gang members they can do it with these kids..

"

We didn't have youth clubs or computers etc when I was growing up. We went out climbing trees and making games up. We wouldn't dare talk back at our parents, or any adult. Some kids were 'wild' but it was always the ones whose parents let them run wild.

I know people that grew up in care homes but they used it to spur them on to be better adults- they didn't use it as an excuse to give up. I guess it depends on the person.

Feral

We didn't have youth clubs or computers etc when I was growing up. We went out climbing trees and making games up. We wouldn't dare talk back at our parents, or any adult. Some kids were 'wild' but it was always the ones whose parents let them run wild.

I know people that grew up in care homes but they used it to spur them on to be better adults- they didn't use it as an excuse to give up. I guess it depends on the person."

I think it does depend on individuals - I also know people who grew up in care homes and did amazingly well in life.

London

"if any of my kids told me to fuck off they would get a big boot up there arse and draged to school by his hair or his balls "

Don't think I've ever smacked any of mine, I don't think I've even raised my voice to them: the "look" and steely tone didn't encourage dissent!

I only had to tell my kids once: no one is holding them hostage they are free to leave MY house anytime, just leave my keys, no hard feelings and good luck if my rules in MY house doesn't suit.

They're still at home...sigh...

"if any of my kids told me to fuck off they would get a big boot up there arse and draged to school by his hair or his balls

Don't think I've ever smacked any of mine, I don't think I've even raised my voice to them: the "look" and steely tone didn't encourage dissent!

I only had to tell my kids once: no one is holding them hostage they are free to leave MY house anytime, just leave my keys, no hard feelings and good luck if my rules in MY house doesn't suit.

They're still at home...sigh... "

I wold go along with your view here. I have always insisted on boundaries to give mine security and discipline beside parental love and care. Mine know exactly where they stood and stand at any time. They know when they are/ were about to cross a line and they did not. And yet there are home every 5 minutes. Mind - I am not complaining as I love family life.

"if any of my kids told me to fuck off they would get a big boot up there arse and draged to school by his hair or his balls

"

Funny that !

You have a similar effect on me

And I'm 43

They're still at home...sigh... "

Mine said they'll leave home when they are 52. The little guy once asked me how old I'll be when I die. He was working out how old he'll be when he has to find his own place apparently.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I brought my son up on my own and having to deal with a terrible illness. Hes turned out fine, he used to wind me up from the age of about 12 upwards but only in a normal teenage lad way. When he moves back home next week he knows what the ground rules are, if he doesnt follow them he can find somewhere else.

Hes a good kid. I used to clip his ear when he was a teenager and when he was a bit younger he used to get the odd(and it was rare) slap aside the legs but that was it.

Mine said they'll leave home when they are 52. The little guy once asked me how old I'll be when I die. He was working out how old he'll be when he has to find his own place apparently. "

My eldest walked through the house one day (he was about 10) and stated that just like "Pride Rock" this would all be his one day when I died, whcih he hoped was not going to be for a long time... I had to remind him there were brothers and sisters to sahre his good fortune with It did crack me up.

I was also quite a leniant mum, i didnt make lots of rules, but the rules i had he knew where there for a reason and kept to them. Always had his friends round mine cause apparently i was a "cool" mum. But they didnt get away with stuff

Mine said they'll leave home when they are 52. The little guy once asked me how old I'll be when I die. He was working out how old he'll be when he has to find his own place apparently. My eldest walked through the house one day (he was about 10) and stated that just like "Pride Rock" this would all be his one day when I died, whcih he hoped was not going to be for a long time... I had to remind him there were brothers and sisters to sahre his good fortune with It did crack me up."

'...this will all be mine!' Priceless!!

Glad it's not just me!

London

"When i waa growing up we had dicipline...we had respect for others and there property we respected and looked up to our peers and respect for the police...there is none of that now all the bleesing hearts and do gooders have seen to that and the kids today know it..they know the police system and the law is soft on them so they dont care if i did anythinh like these kids do my dad would have gave me a good hiding....oh yeh do gooders again...you cant smack your kids utter pish in my book

I was disciplined in a total different manner and it worked equally well. I was never smacked as a kid but i was grounded and non of this get in your room and just watch tv. The plugs for my tv, games etc were all cut off so i couldnt watch them i had to sit and stare at four walls. I was grounded for the smallest thing for example leaving the toilet seat up (3 days) i only did it once! "

My eldest cut up a pair of trousers I bought her when she was nine. I told her to go and get my sowing box. I then asked her to pick six colour threads that didn't go with the trousers.

When she'd made her selection I threaded the needle and told her to sow. When she finished the trousers looked hideous. She had to west them to school for a week!

She begged me not to let her wear it I told her I'd paid good money and how dare she destroy them. Didn't do that again!

London

They're still at home...sigh... I wold go along with your view here. I have always insisted on boundaries to give mine security and discipline beside parental love and care. Mine know exactly where they stood and stand at any time. They know when they are/ were about to cross a line and they did not. And yet there are home every 5 minutes. Mind - I am not complaining as I love family life."

I'm looking to retire and they've not left home! Bet the first time I dribble they move out!

Well my son is moving home next week cause hes got a transfer with work and he works with alzhimers and people with dementia, do you think hes trying to tell me something At least i will be ok for my old age lol

[Removed by poster at 14/05/13 00:21:34]

What a brilliant thread and interesting debate.

Some questions (for me anyway) -

The richer the parent the better behaved the child (in general) ???

Do we 'teach' children to respect others and not to fight by hitting them?

How could/should society stop this underclass developing?

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I was debating whether or not to watch this programme. I grew up in Scunthorpe, on the same estate the programme is filmed. It wasn't as bad then. Well I don't think it was. But the steel works was a booming business, and unemployment wasn't as rife as it is now.

I'm actually not in the right frame of mind to be posting this, because to be honest, watching it actually has made me a little homesick. Yeah, they've picked the worst Scunthorpe has to offer, but it wouldn't be worth watching if they'd picked the success stories would it?

It's not that bad really, I can't comment as I live in a village outside of Scunthorpe.. But I went to College for three years and never had any problems, I imagine alot of it was acting up to the cameras

I live in an area infamous for its gang problems. Brought up 3 wonderful young men (don't tell em I said that) as a lone parent in a not wonderfully paid job. Not sure what I did right, but what they DID have was discipline, love and support. Watching me work hard, and struggle to provide for them has made them appreciate the value of money, and given them a good work ethic.

Too many people near where I live moan about lack of govt support. It's meant to be there for emergencies....not for people to rely on for their entire lives

By *quirrelMan  over a year ago

North Yorks

I think its time to adopt a policy of only giving benefits for the first 2 children in each family. There seems to be a tipping point that once the number of children get above over a certain number the family concerned "earn" enough in benefits to stop working for life. They then increase the number of kids to the point where it is not financially possible to get the same amount of money by working as they claim from the state, the adults in this situation then set a style of living for their kids which is carried on by successive generations.

The parents in this poverty trap are usually low income manual types with little hope of earning at the same level as they claim from the state. The taxpayer then picks up the bill for their large family until they retire???

North Yorks

[Removed by poster at 14/05/13 11:45:59]

"I think its time to adopt a policy of only giving benefits for the first 2 children in each family. There seems to be a tipping point that once the number of children get above over a certain number the family concerned "earn" enough in benefits to stop working for life. They then increase the number of kids to the point where it is not financially possible to get the same amount of money by working as they claim from the state, the adults in this situation then set a style of living for their kids which is carried on by successive generations.

The parents in this poverty trap are usually low income manual types with little hope of earning at the same level as they claim from the state. The taxpayer then picks up the bill for their large family until they retire???

"

The ones with more would only put them in care if they couldn't claim for them don't you think?

"I think its time to adopt a policy of only giving benefits for the first 2 children in each family. There seems to be a tipping point that once the number of children get above over a certain number the family concerned "earn" enough in benefits to stop working for life. They then increase the number of kids to the point where it is not financially possible to get the same amount of money by working as they claim from the state, the adults in this situation then set a style of living for their kids which is carried on by successive generations.

"

So, a guy has been working, hes made redundant and has a wife and 4 kids. Do two of those kids then starve? And how do you pick which two kids don't get food or clothes?

evesham

"

How about we go the whole hog and ban people from having more than 2 children, make it illegal lime in China

"

That will please the anti abortion brigade no end.....

"The first time one of mine ever smash a window or anything in my home they are paying for it!

They broke my front door once because they were messing about and being prats so i made them pay for that out of their bank accounts."

Dont really watch tv but it sounds terrible! I would steer clear from this though i can already see myself shaking my head! Lol x

"One woman said she thinks shes failed her kids. The truth of it is she has! I lived on an estate like that when i was a kid and my parents did anything and everything in their power to bring me up right. Boils my piss when the likes of these whinge about being skint and the government is against them, get an education (in something useful instead of a ten a penny degree) and make something of life instead of wanting hand outs off others! well it looks like you turned out well xx"
I'd be interested to know what subject his degree is in.

North Yorks

"So, a guy has been working, hes made redundant and has a wife and 4 kids. Do two of those kids then starve? And how do you pick which two kids don't get food or clothes?"

Not advocating an immediate stop but the culture of something for nothing has to stop sometime, there will always be casualties when there is a change in policy.

Problem is people are 2 faced when it comes to someone they know and a stranger in the same circumstances, they condemn someone in another region who is not in work as a scrounger living off the state but at the same time their neighbour/mate is a good guy and deserves to be on benefits as he has paid his taxes all his life and its the first time he has asked for anything.(conveniently forgetting about the education of their kids and the health service they access for free)

Some areas are deprived because globalisation has meant jobs were lost as production moved to low paid areas of the world and they will never return, and with over 3 million immigrants moving to this country in the last 2 decades its no wonder unemployment is rising and the number of families where no one is working is becoming the norm.

Why not just go the whole hog and round em up and put em in camps?

[/sarcasm]

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Why not just go the whole hog and round em up and put em in camps?

[/sarcasm]"

I will take this as a sarcastic comment!

"One woman said she thinks shes failed her kids. The truth of it is she has! I lived on an estate like that when i was a kid and my parents did anything and everything in their power to bring me up right. Boils my piss when the likes of these whinge about being skint and the government is against them, get an education (in something useful instead of a ten a penny degree) and make something of life instead of wanting hand outs off others! well it looks like you turned out well xx I'd be interested to know what subject his degree is in. "

Electrical and electronic engineering

I believe there is literally no reason for anyone (generally) not to work in the uk.

The uk is a G4 country.

It beats me why anyone wouldnt work...personally I like my independence.

Ben

"Why not just go the whole hog and round em up and put em in camps?

[/sarcasm]

I will take this as a sarcastic comment! "

Well I had to put that or someone may think I'm serious

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I believe there is literally no reason for anyone (generally) not to work in the uk.

The uk is a G4 country.

It beats me why anyone wouldnt work...personally I like my independence.

Ben"

Every G4 country has unemployment, might have a bearing on the fact that not everyone works....

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I knew this would wind people up.

It doesn't really bother me. It's kinda like real life shameless."

And it will be highly edited to get the maximum amount of drama on the screen. Not really a totally TRUE picture. Yes, I am sure we all know families like this who are dysfunctional, but we know more who are not, who are decent, hardworking people - but they don't make great telly, do they?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Missed it. Though the way the show was aired it sounded as if they chose to be skint rather than them trying to gain stability and not being able to.

The way I saw it, it should have been called "worthless"!

You have to ask yourself if this has been edited to shock - needless to say - it demonstrates the change in 30 yeasr - a new class / society - I was brought up on a council estate and it was rough - you knew where you could play safe - and where you would get your head kicked in, we smoked, d*unk, had fights, even broke the odd window - but we never swore at our parents ! - what will it be like for the next generation -

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

wonder if they'll be getting paid for it? .. A new made in Chelsea/Only way is Essex!!! lol

Let's see what tonight brings...

» Add a new message to this topic