FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > women in F1

women in F1

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

is it not already dangerous enough with the likes of Roman Grojean on the track without inviting women with PMT to join in ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It couldn't work anyway. There are no rear view mirrors in which to adjust their make-up and helmet hair is soooo last year daaahling.

And the radios don't pick up Heart FM either.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"is it not already dangerous enough with the likes of Roman Grojean on the track without inviting women with PMT to join in ??"

Pneumatic Motor Tyres ?

bristol

"It couldn't work anyway. There are no rear view mirrors in which to adjust their make-up and helmet hair is soooo last year daaahling.

And the radios don't pick up Heart FM either."

lol .. I never thought this through properly did I .. I'm bad !!

"It couldn't work anyway. There are no rear view mirrors in which to adjust their make-up and helmet hair is soooo last year daaahling.

And the radios don't pick up Heart FM either.

lol .. I never thought this through properly did I .. I'm bad !!"

That's because you're a woman

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Terrible, terrible sexist thread!

I didn't watch the documentary yesterday but I did see some of the interviews Susie Wolff gave last week.

Nowt wrong with Suzie (Stoddart) Wolff.... she has been in DTM for 7 years and used to race against Button,Coulthard & Hamilton.... She is more talented than Danica Patrick and with Toto(her hubby) the top man at Mercedes Benz Motorsport...expect her there soon

"is it not already dangerous enough with the likes of Roman Grojean on the track without inviting women with PMT to join in ??"

Please don't tell Susie Wolfe and Danica Patrick about this. I am really surprised there are no female F1 drivers. They would be a tremendous advertising opportunity if they were half pretty.

I have to say Sabine Schmidt is an astounding driver. I saw her driving the Ring Taxi at the Nurberg Ring a few years ago.

By *scariMan  over a year ago

Taunton

have worked with sabine and she crashed the car!

The main reason there are very few women in top line motorsport is down to G forces, the female body struggles to cope, obviously there are exceptions, but they are rare.

bristol

"have worked with sabine and she crashed the car!

The main reason there are very few women in top line motorsport is down to G forces, the female body struggles to cope, obviously there are exceptions, but they are rare."

phewwww !!

There are some great female racing drivers but one thing i have been thinking about is the harness,on a 5 or 6 point harness which most motorsport uses the 2 shoulder straps come over your shoulders down to the lap belts.

Now for men this isnt a problem but how do the ladies manage with there boobs?

In a mild impact i doubt it would hurt to much but in a big crash there must be a danger of boob damage.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

The main reason there are very few women in top line motorsport is down to G forces, the female body struggles to cope, obviously there are exceptions, but they are rare."

Actually thats one of the things that Susie Wolf picked up on when she drove the F1 car. The G Force was so great she thought she hadn't fastened her helmet tight enough.

That said she achieved the qualifying time and I think it would add to the sport of F1 if there was a female driver who had got to that level on merit.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Is that true?

There are plenty of female fast jet pilots and the G's involved are much higher.

Taunton

"There are some great female racing drivers but one thing i have been thinking about is the harness,on a 5 or 6 point harness which most motorsport uses the 2 shoulder straps come over your shoulders down to the lap belts.

In a mild impact i doubt it would hurt to much but in a big crash there must be a danger of boob damage.

"

To race in F1 or similar, fitness and muscle need to be so high that breast tissue is converted to muscle, just look at female body builders, so it's never been an issue in my experience.

Taunton

The main reason there are very few women in top line motorsport is down to G forces, the female body struggles to cope, obviously there are exceptions, but they are rare.

Is that true?

There are plenty of female fast jet pilots and the G's involved are much higher. "

G suits in planes, no G suits in motorsport.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"There are some great female racing drivers but one thing i have been thinking about is the harness,on a 5 or 6 point harness which most motorsport uses the 2 shoulder straps come over your shoulders down to the lap belts.

To race in F1 or similar, fitness and muscle need to be so high that breast tissue is converted to muscle, just look at female body builders, so it's never been an issue in my experience."

Breast tissue is one kind of cell structure and muscle tissue is another. One cannot turn into the other. That's like saying a dog can turn into a cat. Not physiologically possible. What IS possible is that the muscle BENEATH the breast is developed and the breast tissue is diminished through loss of fat.

bristol

"

To race in F1 or similar, fitness and muscle need to be so high that breast tissue is converted to muscle, just look at female body builders, so it's never been an issue in my experience."

the fitness levels of men in F1 are extroadinary .. Jensen Button is a triathlete and I even remember when Ralph Schumacher was in it, he had a personal gym that could replicate the humidity of any country to train in

Taunton

To race in F1 or similar, fitness and muscle need to be so high that breast tissue is converted to muscle, just look at female body builders, so it's never been an issue in my experience.

Breast tissue is one kind of cell structure and muscle tissue is another. One cannot turn into the other. That's like saying a dog can turn into a cat. Not physiologically possible. What IS possible is that the muscle BENEATH the breast is developed and the breast tissue is diminished through loss of fat."

OK, but my point is still valid. womens bbobs are not usually an issue.

Is that true?

There are plenty of female fast jet pilots and the G's involved are much higher.

G suits in planes, no G suits in motorsport."

I remember the first time I heard a female voice come back at me when I called in fast air. It was slightly surreal experience, she dropped ordinance spot on though so I guess I owe her a pint..

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Actually they did studies with fast jet pilots and female pilots were better at dealing with high G force as they are generally shorter.

Actually they did studies with fast jet pilots and female pilots were better at dealing with high G force as they are generally shorter."

The physics of F1 and fast jets are very different though. F1 or any kind of high speed driving is mostly lateral G-Force.

Women will get there. they are now slowly breaking into everything else. Superbikes etc, rally cross, touring cars even.

Thing is motor sport is still one place that sexism can be rife. Not helped by the fact that not many young girls are taken racing at weekends by their parents.

I've got my 15 year old daughter a track day for her birthday. she can't wait.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Women will get there. they are now slowly breaking into everything else. Superbikes etc, rally cross, touring cars even.

Thing is motor sport is still one place that sexism can be rife. Not helped by the fact that not many young girls are taken racing at weekends by their parents.

"

Someone once told me I drive like a getaway driver. Too tall for F1 though, and too poor.

"Women will get there. they are now slowly breaking into everything else. Superbikes etc, rally cross, touring cars even.

"

That's awesome. Mines booked in for a Lamborghini day for her 16th

bristol

ive done F3 which is brilliant .. its like a drug when you start it .. hope they enjoy it !

Taunton

"

That's rubbish.

There has only been 1 woman in touring cars and she gave it up to have a baby. and that is always a factor with any woman.

i have worked in motorsport all my life and there are loads of families that attend!

I am very much a supporter of getting more women into motorsport, but fundamentally, the majority of women don't want to do it! the ones that do and train hard are there and doing it and usually succesful!

That's rubbish.

There has only been 1 woman in touring cars and she gave it up to have a baby. and that is always a factor with any woman.

i have worked in motorsport all my life and there are loads of families that attend!

I am very much a supporter of getting more women into motorsport, but fundamentally, the majority of women don't want to do it! the ones that do and train hard are there and doing it and usually succesful!"

it's not rubbish at all. When you spend time with the small racing classes you find that only now are more young girls coming through. But on the whole it's not something girls are encouraged to do.

I've been taking my family to events since they were babies. Two out of my four girls are petrol heads.

It's harder fullstop for women to make a break into motorsport. A few years ago there was a big push to try and increase numbers. But it was not successful.

bristol

very much like the argument to have women in parliament and also on the f100 board of directors .. not doing it on merit .. just to address a balance .. it somewhat undermines women

Taunton

That's rubbish.

I am very much a supporter of getting more women into motorsport, but fundamentally, the majority of women don't want to do it! the ones that do and train hard are there and doing it and usually succesful!

it's not rubbish at all. When you spend time with the small racing classes you find that only now are more young girls coming through. But on the whole it's not something girls are encouraged to do.

I've been taking my family to events since they were babies. Two out of my four girls are petrol heads.

It's harder fullstop for women to make a break into motorsport. A few years ago there was a big push to try and increase numbers. But it was not successful.

"

I beg to differ! The BWRDC are very much proactive, more so now than ever! beatenbyagirl.com is massive and there are loads of female racers in every form from Karting upwards!

Sex and or sexism has nothing to do with it! money is the key factor, write the cheque and the girl can race!

currently it costs about £8 million to get to F1 and unless you are eceptional you then need another £5 million to get a drive.

F1, indy car etc involve high pshical demands and 95% of females cannot cope with those demands.

Just so long as they don't have to reverse park in parc ferme, they should be ok

"Just so long as they don't have to reverse park in parc ferme, they should be ok "

Bravo sir, bravo...

That's rubbish.

I am very much a supporter of getting more women into motorsport, but fundamentally, the majority of women don't want to do it! the ones that do and train hard are there and doing it and usually succesful!"

theres been a few german women in touring car racing,i could name a few like claudia hurtgen and ellen lohr,the best female driver though had to be louise aitken walker,i saw her many times and she could beat the blokes no problem

Is that true?

There are plenty of female fast jet pilots and the G's involved are much higher. "

Plenty???

There are far too many buttons on the steering wheel for them I just wouldn't work. Besides they would all park up mid race at Monaco outside the shoe shops.

Taunton

That's rubbish.

theres been a few german women in touring car racing,i could name a few like claudia hurtgen and ellen lohr,the best female driver though had to be louise aitken walker,i saw her many times and she could beat the blokes no problem "

german women? probably get slated for this but quite a high testosterne level in those women!

louise aitken walker was a rally driver!

i could name hundreds of female race drivers, many of them highly successful in their field, but very few if any would make it to F1!

yeah law was a rally driver, she drove a car at the highest level not a single seater,same as lohr and hurtgen and they could all beat men.

not interested in single seaters as they are boring to watch and not everyone can relate to a lola like they can a road car.

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

The reason there are no female F1 drivers is just numbers. There are maybe 1 female career driver looking at graduating up the career path to every 60 male drivers. If it was 50/50 im sure there would be a female f1 driver. Having been around the sport all my life I know there are some very talented female drivers as well as male that for one reason or another cant make the steps....money

» Add a new message to this topic