FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you? can you?

Have you? can you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *miler_78 OP   Man 1 day ago

Eversley

Is it possible to match with someone on a dating site, though only seeing pictures, chatting on the phone for hours, but only been chatting a few days and feel you have such a connection in every way and you feel he/she is the one for you before you have even met ( we plan to meet up Saturday ) and the feeling is mutual for both, can love really be found like that? Is that the actual feeling of true love??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS 1 day ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

This sounds more like infatuation than true love, but I hope it works for you both

By *mmaleiaWoman 1 day ago

East Northamptonshire

No, I don’t believe so, you can feel great with the conversation etc, but it’s all in the way they look at me, what their eyes & smile tell me, I find online false & misleading

By *adyKarmennTVTV/TS 1 day ago

Dublin

One of my first boyfriends we actually met online and had only seen one photo of each other! Spoke daily and alot through the day before we got time to meet up

Instant connection with both of us, alot of flirting and fussy feelings! We were together for nearly 5 years!

Eversley

"No, I don’t believe so, you can feel great with the conversation etc, but it’s all in the way they look at me, what their eyes & smile tell me, I find online false & misleading "

This is the thing first thing she picked out was my eyes and smile

By *vaRose43Woman 1 day ago

Forest of Dean

Can you build a connection online? Yes of course

Is it really love? I’m not convinced.

I did meet my husband online so I really hope it works out for you both

Eversley

"Can you build a connection online? Yes of course

Is it really love? I’m not convinced.

I did meet my husband online so I really hope it works out for you both "

Thanks for the positive feedback

By *iker JackMan 1 day ago

Wolverhampton

You can definitely build a connection but what you are seeing of them is what they are willing to show at that point in time

I am not saying this is the situation at all but I was watching a programme on sex workers once back in the day of 0898 calls.

She explained she would tell men she was led on the sofa in all this amazing lingerie playing with herself for them where realistically she had trackies on, unwashed hair and was doing the ironing (her words not mine)

I need to meet someone early on to see if that “real in life” connection is there and then go from there.

By *viatrixWoman 1 day ago

Redhill

You won’t know until you’ve actually met in person.

By *atyric0nMan 1 day ago

Ipswich

"You won’t know until you’ve actually met in person. "

This. 2900 times this.

Eversley

"You won’t know until you’ve actually met in person. "

💯💯

Wolverhampton

"You won’t know until you’ve actually met in person.

💯💯"

Have you had a video call with them?

Eversley

💯💯

Have you had a video call with them?"

No video calls, just phone calls, no silence, just natural banter, not one awkward moment, I don’t know I may be naive?

By *atnip make me purrWoman 1 day ago

Reading

Yes you can.

Wolverhampton

💯💯

Have you had a video call with them?

No video calls, just phone calls, no silence, just natural banter, not one awkward moment, I don’t know I may be naive?"

I don’t want to appear negative I’d want a video call. Just to prove you are both who you say you are.

If she is then fantastic have a great day Saturday

If she is not then you have a choice if the connection you have already built is enough to still meet

By *ell GwynnWoman 1 day ago

North Yorkshire

Report back in a year once you've actually got to know them. I don't personally think you can fall for someone until then. Infatuation and lust are powerful, but they're not enough to sustain a healthy and authentic relationship. It fades, and then you're left with the mundane and you really find out if they're "the one" (if you believe in "the one").

By *elix SightedMan 1 day ago

Cloud 8

"Is it possible to match with someone on a dating site, though only seeing pictures, chatting on the phone for hours, but only been chatting a few days and feel you have such a connection in every way and you feel he/she is the one for you before you have even met ( we plan to meet up Saturday ) and the feeling is mutual for both, can love really be found like that? Is that the actual feeling of true love??"

Hey OP, I’ve been online dating for years (and am currently single so I’m clearly very bad at it) and have lots of experience in this area. I’ve had feelings of excitement before that all-important first date that may be similar to yours. I don’t think you can ever assume anything more than that because meeting someone is a world apart from chatting by text and voice.

So many times I’ve been feeling great about someone and then, when we’ve met, I’ve realised she’s not all I thought (or vice versa). I genuinely wish you good luck and hope it’s a great date. But - consider not putting you and them under such pressure for success. ‘The one’ is a big label, just enjoy the date and see if you want a second 😊

By *eordieJeansCouple 1 day ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You’re in love with the image that they are presenting to you. Which is the same at the beginning of every relationship. I don’t believe you truly know someone until you’ve lived with them and if you don’t truly know them you can’t really be in love.

By *ince1965Man 1 day ago

Ilkeston

"Is it possible to match with someone on a dating site, though only seeing pictures, chatting on the phone for hours, but only been chatting a few days and feel you have such a connection in every way and you feel he/she is the one for you before you have even met ( we plan to meet up Saturday ) and the feeling is mutual for both, can love really be found like that? Is that the actual feeling of true love??"

If you click fast you usually finish fast 😉

By *8on33Man 1 day ago

winfrith

When you meet you're halfway there hope it goes well.

By *agatoXXXMan 1 day ago

North Haverbrook

No and no.

By *eliWoman 24 hours ago

"Report back in a year once you've actually got to know them. I don't personally think you can fall for someone until then. Infatuation and lust are powerful, but they're not enough to sustain a healthy and authentic relationship. It fades, and then you're left with the mundane and you really find out if they're "the one" (if you believe in "the one")."

I agree with the hairy toed one (although perhaps not a year to be falling for someone!). I think people can fall for the idea of someone and it's not love. More limerence, infatuation. Those are real feelings but it's not... really falling in love. There's too much pressure surrounding it.

Words are beautiful things, of course they are, but actions mean so much more. Some people are naturally more prone to being infatuated - there's nothing wrong with enjoying it but try and not run before you've walked together. Properly.

» Add a new message to this topic