FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sciatica back pain

Sciatica back pain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orkshireBeef26 OP   Man 5 days ago

Kirkella

Afternoon

Anyone else on here suffer with Sciatica?

Any recommendations or remedies that work to ease the terrible pain please...

Thanks

Andy

Xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atricia ParnelWoman 5 days ago

In a town full of colours

By knowing my physical limits, I can't sit or shuffle certain ways or it will trigger it.

In the cold it's worse, so I have frequent targeted, hot showers to unlock it. With a lavender heat pad to heat my car seat so I can drive comfortably

By *ayndeeCouple 5 days ago

Newark

I suffer from it since a motorbike crash in 2003,

Get yourself to an osteopath and make sure your posture is correct.

Go to the doctor and try to get referred for a pain management appointment, I used to get an injection into the nerve every 2 or 3 years, hurts like a b*****d for a day or so but gave me relief for about 2 to 3 years.

Not had an injection for about 6 years due to my osteopath sorting out my posture and correcting a leg length discrepancy that the NHS missed.

Not sure why you have the pain, mine was due to the leg length problem, the above may not work for you.

By *wo4thirdCouple 5 days ago

St. Leonards-on-Sea

I'm on numerous pain killers for it, sometimes they work other times it's just pointless. A nice hot bath helps a little.

By *ilverFox55Man 5 days ago

Watford

I had herniated disc on the S1 nerve, truly sciatica is the worst pain and I've had some big ops.

I was in a bad way and discovered ID therapy which literally gave me.my life back. I spent a lot of money on it and still have a treatment every 6 weeks to keep everything in check.

It's a gentle therapy that stretches the spine so the nerve or disk can go back to where it should be. You need an MRI scan first so they know exactly which area to treat. Google it theres centres all over UK with the id therapy machines. If you need any info just message me , happy to help.

By *orkshireBeef26 OP   Man 5 days ago

Kirkella

"I suffer from it since a motorbike crash in 2003,

Get yourself to an osteopath and make sure your posture is correct.

Go to the doctor and try to get referred for a pain management appointment, I used to get an injection into the nerve every 2 or 3 years, hurts like a b*****d for a day or so but gave me relief for about 2 to 3 years.

Not had an injection for about 6 years due to my osteopath sorting out my posture and correcting a leg length discrepancy that the NHS missed.

Not sure why you have the pain, mine was due to the leg length problem, the above may not work for you. "

Thanks for reply

It comes and goes must've twisted or sat funny started Friday, could hardly get put of bed yesterday pain so bad..

By *akedMMan 5 days ago

Witney

Yep it's a bastard ,i swim 3/4 times a week ,and do stretching exercises every morning.If it gets bad its painkillers and a heatpad ,sometimes tens machine

By *eordie.Woman 5 days ago

The Sticks

Heat - hot water bottle or patches

Get yourself a Tens - best money I ever spent

By *ad NannaWoman 5 days ago

East London

Look on YouTube for exercises for it.

I do them laying on my bed.

By *ad NannaWoman 5 days ago

East London

I set mine off by sleeping on a 2 seater sofa. I had muscle spasms too.

Ibuprofen and hot baths help, plus walking slowly as much as possible.

By *rMotivator2.0Man 5 days ago

Donegal

Lots and lots of stretching, yoga, pilates, more mobility exercises and the big one posture correction

» Add a new message to this topic