FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who is lingerie a gift for?

Who is lingerie a gift for?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otSoPetiteMort OP   Woman 3 weeks ago

Hertfordshire

Saw a FB post about a guy complaining that his GF bought sexy lingerie for her to wear for his Birthday, and he was upset because although he got a LOT of fun out of it, he saw it as her buying HERSELF a gift for HIS Birthday.

They were only young and the Girlfriend goes to college full time.

The comment section however was a heated debate on who exactly sexy Women's lingerie is a gift for. The Men appeared to be 50/50 as some said they think it's the best gift in the World and others agreed with the O.P. Many Women however admitted that they only buy lingerie because their partner likes it and they wouldn't personally choose to buy or wear it for their own pleasure.

So Ladies, if you buy yourself sexy lingerie, who would you consider it to be for?

Guys, do you appreciate something like this or do you see it as nothing to you? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 3 weeks ago

Leeds

I wouldn't buy the Mr lingere I'd buy it for myself and maybe make an extra effort for his birthday but it wouldn't be a gift as it's for me to wear & him to enjoy.

He buys me lingere for my birthday and occasions and I buy him nice boxers for his.

Mrs

By *iker JackMan 3 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I think lingerie has a huge part to play in and out of the bedroom.

Personally I would not buy it as a birthday present.

If I am with someone I like going out together to choose something for you both to wear, knowing that you’re doing that and going home with the items for later is far more exciting in my mind

By *oo..Woman 3 weeks ago

Boo's World

I buy loads of lingerie as standard for myself when I see something I like. Be it everyday sets or more naughty stuff.

I've never purchased anything with a man in mind when I do.

It's always for me first. 😊

By *emorefridaCouple 3 weeks ago

La la land

I don't particularly like wearing lingerie. But the other half likes it, so yes I will buy things I think he'd like. Would I buy it as a birthday present, no.

By *weetCherryWoman 3 weeks ago

London

"I buy loads of lingerie as standard for myself when I see something I like. Be it everyday sets or more naughty stuff.

I've never purchased anything with a man in mind when I do.

It's always for me first. 😊"

Very much like boo, I buy it for myself if I like it, I haven’t had a meet in over a year so I don’t have anyone in mind when I do

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 3 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I buy my lingerie for me. I might have a particular event or person in mind when purchasing, but I'm buying it because I want to feel good about how I look.

I generally make sure people I'm involved with know not to buy me lingerie. I'm happy to take the odd request if I think it'll suit me. But someone buying me lingerie feels like they're buying themselves a gift rather than me. Plus with my awkward as fuck to accommodate body shape I would absolutely hate for someone to buy me something that would make me feel awkward and uncomfortable and look fuckin awful. And that I couldn't wear with someone else without feeling weird about it.

If I bought a set especially for someone else to see, I wouldn't call it a gift for them. It's my underwear. I'll wear it with other people too 💜

By *hunky GentMan 3 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I wish I had someone to buy it for.

By *andPextraCouple 3 weeks ago

North West

I have an entire wardrobe full of it. Not counting day to day stuff i reckon wear a different outfit or set a day and not have to wear the same thing twice for six months…. Albeit the shoes would only last 2 months. Maybe i need to work on that.

Its always bought for me. It makes me feel confident, helps with how I feel (slipping into something domme like etc) and can make me horny, simply the act of putting it on (how it feels etc- something like a latex dress)

The fact that hubby and others appreciate it is a happy by product.

By *icolerobbieCouple 3 weeks ago

walsall

It’s for me, I like it. It feels good and makes me feel good.

As for the ops question. Who is lipstick for? Can we buy him make up, hairstyles, other clothing, perfume? Would he be happy with that as a birthday present?

It would be like him buying me aftershave for my birthday.

By *acey_RedWoman 3 weeks ago

Liverpool

I think of it like this. If a partner bought us concert tickets for my birthday to see an artist we both loved or that I love and they are happy to go see, that's a present to me that they also benefit from as a side benefit. If they bought me concert tickets to go and see someone they love but I'm men about, it's really a gift for them.

I love lingerie and would consider good lingerie a gift for me, even if they also enjoy me wearing it. If they bought me something they wanted to see me in but I wasn't fussed, that's a gift for themselves. I would never buy myself lingerie as a gift for someone else though, that does seem cheeky. I might buy some to take on a weekend away for their birthday or something but the weekend away would be the proper gift.

By *orphia2003Woman 3 weeks ago

Tonypandy.

I buy what I like, that is comfortable on me.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman 3 weeks ago

Next Door

I but lingerie for me.

I might wear it for a guy, but that's because I feel good/sexy in it.

By *ornyguyMan 3 weeks ago

Hillsborough, NI

I bought a girlfriend lingerie as a present and deep down I knew it was a present for me really.

Although, I did buy her other presents at the same time, so wasn't fully selfish.

By *laytime_13Woman 3 weeks ago

Lincs

I adore nice lingerie. I buy it and wear it for me first and foremost. But do I love the look on someone’s face when they get to see it too. Hell yes, of course. So a little bit for them too.

By *oodmessMan 3 weeks ago

yumsville

It was likely jokey but whether it's for him or her isn't the point for me. I'd no doubt be gf-less by the end of the day or on a sex ban for a month if I posted something like that.

He's essentially put what should have been a nice thing to a mates vote to double down he's right and she's wrong. He's put their sex life into public domain, and birthday or not he's shown he doesn't appreciate her sexual attention. It's all a bit 'I have boobs, you don't, should do better'

By *atnip make me purrWoman 3 weeks ago

Reading

It's definitely for my lovers. I never wear it otherwise. If the lover wants a particular style/colour then they usually buy it and I don't wear it for anyone else.

By *egDaySkipperMan 3 weeks ago

Liverpool

I personally don't want any physical gifts for my bday. I would rather have experience, like just spending time with someone close or a family member.

I guess one could argue her buying lingerie would be an experience for myself

By *JB1954Man 3 weeks ago

Reading

I recently purchased some lingerie for a female friend. She is much younger than me. Normally on occasions she orders as I give money. Shows me what items are and of course prices. The reason I did actually buy some this time was. An item she saw someone in a photo wearing online . Could not find online. I did a lot of searches. Then saw item I bought . This turned out to be fully adjustable size fitting across female clothes sizes. Yes she was surprised and openly admitted that my choice was actually something she would choose to wear and buy. Plus actually fitted her.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple 3 weeks ago

Lincoln

I think it's for both of us, but I would never buy lingerie as his birthday pressent. Well, not the only present anyway. I think I side with the man in this scenario

K

By *ell GwynnWoman 3 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

It'll be different for everyone.

I don't really get anything out of wearing lingerie, but I love to see a partner enjoy me in it. I'm my case, it'd be a present for them.

By *viatrixWoman 3 weeks ago

Redhill

I buy lingerie for me.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 3 weeks ago

your head

If I buy or wear lingerie, it's for me. The same reason I shave my legs, put on make up or do my hair. Yes my partner likes it and enjoys it but even he knows I won't do those things solely for him.

Maldon and Peterborough

My sexy blue briefs are for me, but I don't mind others admiring them too.

By *lirty007Woman 3 weeks ago

norwich

I love to dress up only to have it ripped or taken off .Its part of the fun .. so always looking out for new things .pvc silk lace net what ever i think will look good even body paint .

By *imply DeeWoman 3 weeks ago

Wherever

I buy it for me. Even the thought of someone buying me a lingerie that doesn’t fit makes me shudder. But then I don’t really like to receive any gifts in general.

By *avinaTVTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I buy lingerie for me - it makes me feel super sexy.

If I'm with a him that likes it, even better.

By *avincorkMan 3 weeks ago

Cork

"I buy lingerie for me - it makes me feel super sexy.

If I'm with a him that likes it, even better. "

Same here for mutual enjoyment xxx

By *mf123Man 3 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

Dunno it never really bothered me lasses wearing it or not i end up taking it off 10 mins later anyway

By *allipygousMan 3 weeks ago

Leicester

My preference is for the woman to be totally naked as for me there is nothing as sensual as skin on skin, so whatever she was wearing wouldn't be on for long if it were down to me. The only exception is a fishnet body stocking, preferably black.

By *elix SightedMan 3 weeks ago

Cloud 8

I do agree with everyone that has said the actual lingerie is for them to wear and feel good in. But I think this lad missed the point and wonder whether it’s because of his tender years (or just my pov).

To my mind, his gf didn’t give him lingerie for his birthday, she gave him an experience. As I see it, she wanted to make his birthday about giving him the best and most sexy experience she could and lingerie was a part of that. Maybe she was tantalising him with it by giving it as a wrapped present, then putting it on so the build up was better.

By *wiss Army KnifeMan 3 weeks ago

Second star to the right…

"I adore nice lingerie. I buy it and wear it for me first and foremost. But do I love the look on someone’s face when they get to see it too. Hell yes, of course. So a little bit for them too."

Well paint a smile on my face and give me a one way ticket to hell

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

I’ve thought this in the past. And I hope she would think it was for her as much as me.

Women (some) go to loads of effort (sometimes) to look amazingly sexy and beautiful, I’ve often thought it was for me, but pray she felt it worthwhile.

I do t do sexy underwear as I wouldn’t know what a woman would want me to wear (a jockstrap maybe? I dunno) so I’ve always felt lazy as if I didn’t try to look good.

But getting back to the point, I think it might look like it’s more for the other partner when they dress up. But maybe sometimes it’s for them, they know they are n complete control of the other persons attention …😏

By *ust RachelTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Horsham

It is for both of you.

Her to look amqzing in, you to enjoy how good she looks, also the fun of removing it.

By *atricia ParnelWoman 3 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

It's always for me, wearing it awakens my libido and the resulting pheromones, give me a feel good experience, in whatever I am doing. (Yes I've worn it under my dress to tescos, when I've felt a little down)

I think I only wear it for him as he gets overexcited by it, plays more to my domme side

By *hyguy9iMan 3 weeks ago

Merthyr Tydfil

I've been asked plenty of times but ex would I like for them to buy, wear lingerie and always said its up to them that what ever they wear while look sexy on them. Hell one ex would wear a onesie I bought her all the time and I wouldn't be able to stop looking at her.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Given the price of some, I'd say it's a present for the shareholders of the company

By *otSoPetiteMort OP   Woman 3 weeks ago

Hertfordshire

"It’s for me, I like it. It feels good and makes me feel good.

As for the ops question. Who is lipstick for? Can we buy him make up, hairstyles, other clothing, perfume? Would he be happy with that as a birthday present?

It would be like him buying me aftershave for my birthday. "

I don't think they're in the same league. I, personally, but and wear the make-up that I like because I like the colours or what they do and the confidence it gives me.

My husband would love to see me with much darker/sluttier make-up but it's not for me.

Lingerie, however, I probably would not bother buying if Hubby didn't like it. x

By *ornyperv100Man 3 weeks ago

Tunbridge wells

The way he probably sees it is that she says she got it so he likes what he sees but she could probably greet him in one of his shirts and nothing else and he'll want her just as much if not more no money spent.

When my wife buys sexy outfits I don't want her to buy them for me I want her to get herself something she feels sexy in and she knows it. Because she is so much more fun when she feels sexy.

By *amantha_JadeWoman 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

It’s a treat for both but I wouldn’t buy myself lingerie in lieu of gifts for a partner… I would buy the sexy lingerie as well as presents

By *ittlebirdWoman 3 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

If I buy lingerie it’s for me. Unless someone else is going to wear it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Maldon and Peterborough

Any ladies bought any blue undies recently?

» Add a new message to this topic