FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The end

The end

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lowupdoll OP   TV/TS 3 weeks ago

S. Herts

Whether a job, a relationship, another ongoing situation, how did you know when it was coming to an end? Was it a eureka moment? A gradual erosion of how you felt about it? And did you take a decision and feel better? Or was it an anxious one about your future?

Asking for a friend (who looks remarkably and entirely coincidentally like me but is not to be confused with me).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The two most recent things that came to an end for me were my working life and my mother's life. In the nicest possible way relief was the main feeling in both. With work because the decision was made and with my mum because she was suffering and it wasn't nice.

Tell your friend who looks like you that it'll be ok

By *icecouple561Couple 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Oh I knew work was coming to an end because I was so unutterably bored and lacked challenge that I knew I couldn't go on. I did deliberate for a few days but took a leap of faith. I likened it to jumping off a cliff and hoping I would fly.

By *.hrisMan 3 weeks ago

Near you

With my last job, the boss started blowing very hot and cold with everyone. Started happening too often, so a few of us gradually put our notices in and left.

With my ex, I realised she was texting other guys for attention, so she was out of the door too.

I think when there's repeats of things that you're not happy with. It's time to go!

By *iker JackMan 3 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

With regards to a job or a relationship sometimes the comfort of what is known means that you make compromises to yourself. Before you know it you no longer recognise the person you’ve become

The biggest fear is making the transition. And people and work can play on that as well

Personally where I have done it previously it’s been so cathartic it’s unbelievable and then you think why didn’t I do this previously

I am approaching another one of these points in my life as well

By *reggSausageMan 3 weeks ago

derby

Always rely on your gut instinct, if it’s saying no then you need to trust it, people jobs situations the lot, call it what you will but ignore it at your peril

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

I normally find out that it ended after everyone else. Shrug my shoulders and chalk it up to experience.

Or, if it’s a party I make sure I’m there at the end I case anything funky happens and I want to be part of it.

S. Herts

My friend who looks remarkably and entirely coincidentally like me but is not to be confused with me finds these posts very insightful and sends their thanks to everyone so far.

By *ripfillMan 3 weeks ago

havant

You wonder at times what will fill the gap(s) but with support you will…. Be positive and

Sail through it carefully and slowly at first - it takes a lot of courage and self belief

But with support and good friends it helps get you sorry ( your friend ) on

The tight track

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

Who are you planning on ending Glow?

By *obilebottomMan 3 weeks ago

All over

Some people can do it easily, others not so much. There are also often others to consider, the impact it might have and sometimes people sacrifice a bit of their own hapiness on balance with what they are faced with. People often have complicated lives. Sometimes talking to others make you think how relativily simple yours is

By *uriousscouserWoman 3 weeks ago

Wirral

I have quit more than my fair share of jobs. I always know when the end has come because when I'm talking to my boss I mentally end every sentence with "you arsehole".

Morning Sarah!

"Morning John" you arsehole.

Good weekend?

"Oh it was great thanks, but wasn't the weather shocking?" you arsehole.

Sooner or later I'll say out loud the bit that should only be thought, so that's when I know I'm at the end of my tether and it's time to walk away.

Actually I can gauge the end of relationships in a not dissimilar way.

By *vaRose43Woman 3 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

Sometimes it’s with relief, sometimes sadness, and sometimes with the feeling that I’ve failed. It really does depend on the circumstances.

By *imply DeeWoman 3 weeks ago

Wherever

With every ending, whatever it is, people need to remember to give themselves enough time to grieve. Ending is a loss and should be dealt with as such.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 3 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I think that once you know it's the end, it's pointless and hurtful to everyone involved to drag it out any longer.

Not that I've always been strong enough to admit it when I knew it was the end but simply didn't want to let go of what was.

It sucks however it comes about.

I hope the healing goes well afterwards 💜

By *MisschiefxTV/TS 3 weeks ago

London

"Whether a job, a relationship, another ongoing situation, how did you know when it was coming to an end? Was it a eureka moment? A gradual erosion of how you felt about it? And did you take a decision and feel better? Or was it an anxious one about your future?

Asking for a friend (who looks remarkably and entirely coincidentally like me but is not to be confused with me). "

You...I mean your friend, will know before they realise they know that they know. Just have to wait for the brain lag to catch up.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't think it's always easy to know

By *atricia ParnelWoman 3 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

The excitement stops, I become bored and then move on, generally that's every 5 years, cause I'm a wanderer. Yeah, a wanderer. I roam around, around, around...

By *heBigLibowskiMan 3 weeks ago

Hampshire

I think you just know.

Something hasn't been quite working for a while and you really need something new for your sanity.

Life is fleeting.

By *a LunaWoman 3 weeks ago

South

With relationships I am very finely tuned to my gut instinct. I just get a sense when something doesn’t feel right.

With work it’s when you start dreading going to work on Monday and can’t wait until time to finish. Then it’s time to move on.

By *ealitybitesMan 3 weeks ago

Belfast

I knew my 34 years with the same company was coming to an end when despite my years of experience they refused to implement my suggestions.

That was compounded by an award ceremony for all long standing employees received recognition for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years service with a very special mention for one guy who had been there 30 years.

I'll direct you back to the first line of this post and you can understand why I knew it was coming to an end when they completely ignored and forgot about me at that ceremony.

It was my decision to leave and they made no attempt to stop me.

Five years down the line with every single one of my suggestions now in place and working as I said they would and a call each year from the owner and MD offering me the world to come back on my own terms I know it was the best decision I ever made to leave and not return under any circumstances.

By *lue OpalMan 3 weeks ago

Swansea

"Whether a job, a relationship, another ongoing situation, how did you know when it was coming to an end? Was it a eureka moment? A gradual erosion of how you felt about it? And did you take a decision and feel better? Or was it an anxious one about your future?

Asking for a friend (who looks remarkably and entirely coincidentally like me but is not to be confused with me). "

advise your friend to trust his / her / their intuition. They will 'know' when it's right to move on. When dinner is not being served with a smile, it's time to leave the table. Can be difficult at the time, but you know when something is for the best. But this and all these are just opinions, your friend needs to trust their intuition and believe in themselve, and let that be that.

By *ansoffateMan 3 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

There's often a defining moment. Usually in the form of a realisation that there is an irreconcilable difference, which can't be ignored.

It's quite easy to spot really, the feelings associated are no longer positive, collaborative there may be some form of games going on and I am starting hearing the magic roundabout theme tune overlayed, when they are talking at me. And that's it really we are talking at each other not with each other.

I usually point that out and say, unless we can get back in that space it's just going to keep coming up and causing ruptures. I can usually tell by their response if it's worth further energy. Some people just enjoy conflict I think, or it's all they know.

By *anceAloneWoman 3 weeks ago

I'm definitely Northern

I think I'm every instance I can think of my subconscious has known its the end far earlier than the rest of me

So the end then seems to happen accidentally or over something small when in reality it had occurred long before I was really aware🤷‍♀️

By *ittlebirdWoman 3 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I think in our hearts and Scooby senses we always know when the end is nigh…

That being said I’ve chosen to ignore it for years and try to make the best of it. Always to my own cost.

I don’t do that anymore. If it’s done it’s done 😘

By *annersandrespectMan 3 weeks ago

Here and there

Suppose there's lots of different things that come to an end wether you want them to or not , my parents passing was just something that wiped me out completely for obvious reasons, changing jobs was a sense of " F**k you " to the employer l left , in my opinion he didn't give a fuck about anyone working for him so had a feeling of freedom.

Being married wasn't for me or being married to me wasn't for her so we parted company, that's life ,how did l feel ?? Lost at 1st but over time l found myself doing things & going places that somehow ended when l got married.. shouldn't be like that .. should it ?... anyway , whatever life throws at you , face it ,pick yourself up & dust yourself off when you have to...and remember...always remember..YOU ROCK!! 💪👊👍

S. Herts

Thank you everyone. What an insightful thread and a lot to assimilate. Very very helpful.

» Add a new message to this topic