FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you recycle at home?

Do you recycle at home?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 3 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

And try to do your part in sustainable living? There are different levels of recycling, some recycling everything.

I always try to do the sensible things at home and I separate the trash into what is recycle and what isnt depending on what it is, like plastic and so on.

What I also like to do to help the animals is when I open a tin I put the lid inside the tin and press it together so that there isnt any sharp edges on it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *8on33Man 3 weeks ago

winfrith

I do my bit but I don't allow it to rule my life

By *8on33Man 3 weeks ago

winfrith

"I do my bit but I don't allow it to rule my life "
I took a load of recycle stuff out to recycle bin this morning it was full up so had to put it in the normal bin .

By *obilebottomMan 3 weeks ago

All over

I always do e erything I can. Use the 3 binssensibly and also take things to the tip and the appropriate bays. I absolutely detest it when I see people dumping stuff on the side of the road. A total disgrace and anyone caught should be given the maximum penalty possible. I also aske any trades people I ever use for proof of disposal of any rubbish they collect. All I can do

By *arkus1812Man 3 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I do recycle with a passion.

I live in Northamptonshire, a county which provided Ironstone to the steel industry right up until the 1970s when the market for British steel slumped.

Within a few miles of where I live there were 4 major quarries, 3 of which are now filled with domestic waste and have been brought back to agricultural use the 4th one is still taking waste but only has space for the next couple of years.

The situation is the same right across the county.We have nearly run out of old quarries to fill.

New houses are being built at an alarming rate, some on top of old filled quarries

A number of applications have been made for incinerator plants but the Nimbys have made sure that none will be built.

Meanwhile fly tipping is at an all time high.Sadly no one in authority seems worried about the situation.

By *irkby coupleCouple 3 weeks ago

Kirkby

No, everything goes in 1 bin bag and then taken to the local TIP.

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

Yes I do.

But, I despise the fact that I’m less confident where it is goi g is actually doing anything with it.

What’s the point when for a time out local council was just throwing it into the same landfill as they didn’t have the capability to deal with the amount.

Idiots.

So how do I know that’s not happening elsewhere and how often?

By *ell GwynnWoman 3 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"Yes I do.

But, I despise the fact that I’m less confident where it is goi g is actually doing anything with it.

What’s the point when for a time out local council was just throwing it into the same landfill as they didn’t have the capability to deal with the amount.

Idiots.

"

I worry about the same. I still try, though.

At work if you put blue paper towel in thr recycling then somehow it's contamimated the whole bin but at home on my council estate everything ever is just bunged together in plastic bags unwashed?!!!!

I do take stuff to the charity shop and clothing to the trade cloting bins.

By *uri00620Woman 3 weeks ago

Croydon

Of course I recycle at home. I feel I have an absolute responsibility to.

I did ask the bin collectors to hang on whilst I retrieved plastics and whatnot from where I lived thinking it was the recycling truck they'd arrived in. It wasn't, the chap said it didn't matter as it all goes in the same place anyway

I still sort my rubbish and separate though in the hope that's not true.

By *enrietteandSamCouple 3 weeks ago

Staffordshire

We do shag

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 3 weeks ago

somewhere

Difficult in our house, we have a small kitchen so don't have space for 2 bins and we have a bin chute so all goes in together but if we take stuff down to the main bins and we can recycle it we do.

They are big on recycling at work, mind you I say that we still have to print off and weekly staff newsletter and until this month had paper copies of payslips, but we have the recycling bins.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 3 weeks ago

Cumbria

Absolutely, we recycle as much as we can. There’s no excuse not to.

By *oodmessMan 3 weeks ago

yumsville

Of course but I think it is to make it easier for companies to make money rather than for people do their bit for the environment.

Depending on your council and their agencies there's only certain materiels that can be recycled, anything not on the list can stop your bin collection despite them being marked recyclable.

I recently took a load of paperwork to the tip, I'd tore it up but on putting it in the paper/cardboard, the guy taking it away happened to ask a foreman where it was going, the guy tried waving him off but answered with usual landfill.

I asked him why no incineration, apparently if there's personal info you shouldn't take it there as that is where it usually went, despite it needing to be separated.

The problem with recycling is that its on the consumers to sort out. We don't choose to have all this packaging but we are left to deal with it. When the supermarkets started charging for plassy bags we adjusted our shopping habits and brought our own. There never used to be do much pointless plastic packaging, especially on fruit and veg.

By *ripfillMan 3 weeks ago

havant

100% recycler as much as possible - it should be taught in schools too …

It’s vital we move away from built in obsolescent society .. in my view

I miss the old bottle banks when you posted individual bottles into the hole and got to fling them down and hear them smash. Very therapeutic

By *a LunaWoman 3 weeks ago

South

We have to here, our bin collections are spread into recycling bags and our tips are shit hot at stopping you and rummaging through any waste bags looking for recyclables.

By *arkus1812Man 3 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Yes I do.

Idiots.

"

The stock answer when you ask why recycled household waste is going to landfill is "Contaminated load mate".

By *aven.Woman 3 weeks ago

Not the North West...

"I miss the old bottle banks when you posted individual bottles into the hole and got to fling them down and hear them smash. Very therapeutic "

When I was younger and I worked in a bar, on nye at the end of the night the cellar was a right state, so we chucked all empty glass bottles down (I don't know why) and the sound of them smashing was so good. The clean up not so much.

By *itaminMan 3 weeks ago

Felixstowe

I do try, but it's hard when you realise only 10% or so actually gets recycled. The rest burnt or landfilled.

The even more so when you see how messed up other countries are at just dumping rubbish in rivers. Or how much energy is consumed on air-conditioning.

I do take solace in the fact that whatever humans inflict on the earth, it will recover. Humans however won't.

"I always do e erything I can. Use the 3 binssensibly and also take things to the tip and the appropriate bays. I absolutely detest it when I see people dumping stuff on the side of the road. A total disgrace and anyone caught should be given the maximum penalty possible. I also aske any trades people I ever use for proof of disposal of any rubbish they collect. All I can do "
That is good. I also do everything I can, yes those who get caught leaving it on the street should get a penalty too

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

I rarely use the black landfill bin as I repurchas, compost and recycle most of my stuff.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Yes, I do everything that I can. We have a responsibility to the future

By *hrill CollinsMan 3 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

yes. it's so simple to separate your refuse where we live, why wouldn't you?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"We do shag "

But what your stance on recycling

By *inky_couple2020Couple 3 weeks ago

North West

"I miss the old bottle banks when you posted individual bottles into the hole and got to fling them down and hear them smash. Very therapeutic "

We still have one on the local library car park!

North West

We recycle, yes, and we try to minimise unnecessary packaging wherever we can. Our bathroom bin has two sections, one for non recyclable and one for recycling and in the kitchen, we collect the recycling in a box and take it out to the big bins when it's getting full. We put food waste in the green bin with garden waste and fill less than 1 black bag of non recyclable waste a week (3x adults and 1x child at home).

By *agatoXXXMan 3 weeks ago

North Haverbrook

I used to, but during covid, they took away all the individual bins, and left the big comunal ones. Despite being asked, they haven't brought them back.🙄

By *eneralKenobiMan 3 weeks ago

North Angus

I do enough that my bin isn’t left unemptied, any more than that is a nope

By *agnar73Man 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

The black bin would be even worse if I didn’t.

"Difficult in our house, we have a small kitchen so don't have space for 2 bins and we have a bin chute so all goes in together but if we take stuff down to the main bins and we can recycle it we do.

They are big on recycling at work, mind you I say that we still have to print off and weekly staff newsletter and until this month had paper copies of payslips, but we have the recycling bins."

Hi giveme, yes, it can be difficult if you have a small kitchen, that is good to recycle it at the main bins too

By *ddy86Man 3 weeks ago

Abram

Recycle to the point that I hardly use the black (non-recycling) bin any more. It really doesn't take much effort either.

I also have solar panels that produce more electric than I use over the year & drive an EV

By *atnip make me purrWoman 3 weeks ago

Reading

Absolutely

"We do shag "
Hi _enrietteandsam, that is good you do it too

By *lue RascalMan 3 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

You’d enjoy a rage room 💥

"I miss the old bottle banks when you posted individual bottles into the hole and got to fling them down and hear them smash. Very therapeutic

When I was younger and I worked in a bar, on nye at the end of the night the cellar was a right state, so we chucked all empty glass bottles down (I don't know why) and the sound of them smashing was so good. The clean up not so much.

"

There's a beach in California made entirely of sea glass. I like to think that's the final reading place for my bottle bank rage empties.

"I miss the old bottle banks when you posted individual bottles into the hole and got to fling them down and hear them smash. Very therapeutic

You’d enjoy a rage room 💥 "

I'd probably get a job cleaning up after.

We still have one on the local library car park!"

Is it a metal one? Something a bit verboten about noisily smashing bottles by a library

North West

We still have one on the local library car park!

Is it a metal one? Something a bit verboten about noisily smashing bottles by a library "

You know what, I don't know if it's metal!! I'll inspect next time we go to the library

"Absolutely, we recycle as much as we can. There’s no excuse not to."
That is good you recycle as much as you can too

By *hagTonight OP   Man 5 days ago

"We have to here, our bin collections are spread into recycling bags and our tips are shit hot at stopping you and rummaging through any waste bags looking for recyclables.

"

Hi luna, that is good and how it it is spread into recycling bags too

» Add a new message to this topic