FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Union Flag Wokeness in the Village

Union Flag Wokeness in the Village

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 5 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports from a village in Norfolk, called Claxton, where locals still point at aircraft, are divided over the flying of the Union Jack Flag which some local villagers, or yocels as town fok call them, are calling telag divisive and may drive visitors away. Well the flag sure beats the smell of a burning witch. What's going on here ? Wokeness in Norfolk. They still use something called a printing press. It's all over the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *herry delightWoman 5 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

The English flag is the Cross of St George, the Cross of St Andrew inspired the Scottish Saltire, and the Cross of St Patrick represents Ireland. All three, when combined, form the Union Flag.

The Union Jack Flag, small flag was mounted on the front of a warship

By *ts the taking part thatMan 5 weeks ago

southampton

It was a silly media storm, mostly one berk didn't want it and made a long speech but a vote won through.

Democracy in action but like all votes some losers just can't accept losing. It happens.

By *tsJustKateWoman 5 weeks ago

London

That's not true. The British Flag Institute dispelled that myth in 2013 plus the flag predates the Jackstaff by about 150 years.

By *ornucopiaMan 5 weeks ago

Bexley

"Reports from a village in Norfolk, called Claxton, where locals still point at aircraft, are divided over the flying of the Union Jack Flag which some local villagers, or yocels as town fok call them, are calling telag divisive and may drive visitors away. Well the flag sure beats the smell of a burning witch. What's going on here ? Wokeness in Norfolk. They still use something called a printing press. It's all over the news"

Are you getting yocels mixed up with inkels, Tom?

Chelmsford

"Reports from a village in Norfolk, called Claxton, where locals still point at aircraft, are divided over the flying of the Union Jack Flag which some local villagers, or yocels as town fok call them, are calling telag divisive and may drive visitors away. Well the flag sure beats the smell of a burning witch. What's going on here ? Wokeness in Norfolk. They still use something called a printing press. It's all over the news

Are you getting yocels mixed up with inkels, Tom?"

Yokels

By *batMan 5 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Are you getting yocels mixed up with inkels, Tom?"

Nicely done!

Gbat

By *allipygousMan 5 weeks ago

Leicester

"...where locals still point at aircraft..." Bootiful 👨🏾‍🍳😗

Chelmsford

""...where locals still point at aircraft..." Bootiful 👨🏾‍🍳😗

"

These Norfolk agriculture types care more about sugar beet and turnips than outsiders..

By *icolerobbieCouple 5 weeks ago

walsall

""...where locals still point at aircraft..." Bootiful 👨🏾‍🍳😗

These Norfolk agriculture types care more about sugar beet and turnips than outsiders.. "

They are the saviour of Christmas though Tom.

By *on1507Man 5 weeks ago

Gosport

The union flag should be flown from every building in the country.

By *nozdraMan 5 weeks ago

Falkirk

"The union flag should be flown from every building in the country. "

Why's that then? Do you own shares in a company that makes or sells flags?

By *hristopherd999Man 5 weeks ago

Brentwood

Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?

By *linky1Couple 5 weeks ago

Sittingbourne

"Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?"
Being British means we distrust overt displays of shallow nationalism.

Royal Weddings,Funerals and international sport by all means get the flags out but for the rest of the time no thanks.

We are not Americans who have to drape themselves in the flag every chance they get.

walsall

"Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?Being British means we distrust overt displays of shallow nationalism.

Royal Weddings,Funerals and international sport by all means get the flags out but for the rest of the time no thanks.

We are not Americans who have to drape themselves in the flag every chance they get."

It’s not just Americans. Flags are flown in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark. It seems it’s just the British who are prudish over their flag.

By *andD300Couple 5 weeks ago

london

"Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?Being British means we distrust overt displays of shallow nationalism.

We are not Americans who have to drape themselves in the flag every chance they get.

It’s not just Americans. Flags are flown in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark. It seems it’s just the British who are prudish over their flag."

We lived in Skiathos for 10 years. The Greek flag is flown everywhere.

By *itaminMan 5 weeks ago

Felixstowe

I've got a union jack, used to have it mounted on my wall above my bed. Doing it for king and country.

I should mount it up there again thinking about.

By *enfleetMaleMan 5 weeks ago

Hadleigh

They should try going to Northern Ireland. Small towns are full of the union jack, photos of the king a William of orange. Literally on every lamp post. Just got back from there and can't get over how un patriotic we are this side of the Irish sea

By *andD300Couple 5 weeks ago

london

"They should try going to Northern Ireland. Small towns are full of the union jack, photos of the king a William of orange. Literally on every lamp post. Just got back from there and can't get over how un patriotic we are this side of the Irish sea "

Not so much unpatriotic as instilled in us that it’s far right or racist. D

By *earmegrowlMan 5 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

We have a black Country flag here and a lovely black lady politican once elected tried to get the flag removed saying as it had the colours black and red with chains on it she wanted it no longer in use as it represents sla.very,

She was put in her place the fag has nothing to do with sla.very it was to do with the skies as the chain furnaces turned it black and red, woke behaviour looking for something that wasn't there just to stir up shit

By *allySlinkyWoman 5 weeks ago

Leeds

"We have a black Country flag here "

I didn't realise that the flag was only designed in 2012 by an 11 year old. I previously thought it was historic.

By *ulfilthmentMan 5 weeks ago

Just around the corner

"That's not true. The British Flag Institute dispelled that myth in 2013 plus the flag predates the Jackstaff by about 150 years."

This /\

By *ulfilthmentMan 5 weeks ago

Just around the corner

"They should try going to Northern Ireland. Small towns are full of the union jack, photos of the king a William of orange. Literally on every lamp post. Just got back from there and can't get over how un patriotic we are this side of the Irish sea "

I like to see it flying but I’m not American so I don’t expect to see it at every street corner.

By *batMan 5 weeks ago

"Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?"

Why do you think this is an example of PC? Do you think there are people who want to fly a Union flag but decide not to, to avoid some spurious made up offence?

Get to Wales, you’ll see Welsh flags everywhere.

Gbat

walsall

"Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?

Why do you think this is an example of PC? Do you think there are people who want to fly a Union flag but decide not to, to avoid some spurious made up offence?

Gbat "

Not seen many union jacks though.

By *orlandaMan 5 weeks ago

Norwich

" or yocels as town fok call them, are calling telag"

At least we can spell in Norfolk!

Chelmsford

"Every other country is proud to fly their flag, why are we so pc about it?

Gbat "

Tom want to Wales once Batty and the only Welsh flag he noticed was a kitchen towel with the Welsh flag emblem

They use the Welsh flag to dry their dishes but to be fair the average Welsh family are poor by English standards

Wolverhampton

"We have a black Country flag here

I didn't realise that the flag was only designed in 2012 by an 11 year old. I previously thought it was historic. "

Yeah itvwas to unify all the black Country Walsall wolves west brom Tipton dudley and more, but apparently an 11 yo did it with rac ism in mind when she did it, go figure

By *host63Man 5 weeks ago

Bedfont Feltham

Because it's been used by thugs to push their small minded racism.

Chelmsford

"Because it's been used by thugs to push their small minded racism."

So when the British Olympic athlete wins a medal should they not raise the Union Flag be because a few idiots use it

Wolverhampton

"Because it's been used by thugs to push their small minded racism.

So when the British Olympic athlete wins a medal should they not raise the Union Flag be because a few idiots use it"

Oh remember its racist to have St George's parade and fly the St George's cross as its a symbol of hate and was used in the crusades

Chelmsford

So when the British Olympic athlete wins a medal should they not raise the Union Flag be because a few idiots use it

Oh remember its racist to have St George's parade and fly the St George's cross as its a symbol of hate and was used in the crusades "

Sorry. Tom forgot

Chelmsford

Oh remember its racist to have St George's parade and fly the St George's cross as its a symbol of hate and was used in the crusades "

Is that a thing?

Wolverhampton

Oh remember its racist to have St George's parade and fly the St George's cross as its a symbol of hate and was used in the crusades

Is that a thing?"

What the st George's day parade?

By *lmost TouchingMan 5 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat.

The Palestinian flag attached to the lamppost flying on the motorway/main road into Birmingham is offensive to me. I often wondered if I put an Israeli flag along side it or a Union Jack, would I be stopped or what abuse I would get… and yet no one has the balls to remove the flag of Hamas

By *amsevenMan 5 weeks ago

cork

"The Palestinian flag attached to the lamppost flying on the motorway/main road into Birmingham is offensive to me. I often wondered if I put an Israeli flag along side it or a Union Jack, would I be stopped or what abuse I would get… and yet no one has the balls to remove the flag of Hamas"

The hamas flag is green with white Arabic writing

By *ornyone30Man 5 weeks ago

ABERDEEN

Best thing for the butchers apron is to burn it.

Wolverhampton

"The Palestinian flag attached to the lamppost flying on the motorway/main road into Birmingham is offensive to me. I often wondered if I put an Israeli flag along side it or a Union Jack, would I be stopped or what abuse I would get… and yet no one has the balls to remove the flag of Hamas"

The Palestine and the hamas flag are different, there's loads up in Birmingham attached to hundreds of lamp posts, go round the ring road by the blues ground and boardsley green

By *batMan 5 weeks ago

Does anyone actually say a St George's day parade is racist or are people feeling downtrodden by their own perceptions?

Gbat

(Tomble, the average Welsh family is poorer than the average English family. But at least they can spot the myriad of Welsh flags flying and not just see a tea towel.)

walsall

"The Palestinian flag attached to the lamppost flying on the motorway/main road into Birmingham is offensive to me. I often wondered if I put an Israeli flag along side it or a Union Jack, would I be stopped or what abuse I would get… and yet no one has the balls to remove the flag of Hamas

The Palestine and the hamas flag are different, there's loads up in Birmingham attached to hundreds of lamp posts, go round the ring road by the blues ground and boardsley green"

The local council remove them, but they are replaced almost immediately. I think there is a flag printer in alum rock who’s just ordered a new Ferrari…

Wolverhampton

"Does anyone actually say a St George's day parade is racist or are people feeling downtrodden by their own perceptions?

Gbat

(Tomble, the average Welsh family is poorer than the average English family. But at least they can spot the myriad of Welsh flags flying and not just see a tea towel.) "

Stone Cross West Bromwich used to always have one. But it was accused of being racist for the St George's cross being flown, some people now see it as a swas tika and no I don't mean foreign people I refer to the far left and angry karens

Wolverhampton

"The Palestinian flag attached to the lamppost flying on the motorway/main road into Birmingham is offensive to me. I often wondered if I put an Israeli flag along side it or a Union Jack, would I be stopped or what abuse I would get… and yet no one has the balls to remove the flag of Hamas

The Palestine and the hamas flag are different, there's loads up in Birmingham attached to hundreds of lamp posts, go round the ring road by the blues ground and boardsley green

The local council remove them, but they are replaced almost immediately. I think there is a flag printer in alum rock who’s just ordered a new Ferrari… "

By *rPunxMan 5 weeks ago

Hull

I'd rather hang Gammon outside my house

By *icolerobbieCouple 3 weeks ago

walsall

"I'd rather hang Gammon outside my house "

Which flag is that?

» Add a new message to this topic