FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The importance of women making the first move on Fab

The importance of women making the first move on Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illy Idol OP   Man 6 weeks ago

Midlands

I've been thinking about this alot recently and I came to the conclusion that when women take the initiative to make the first move and send the first message, it can be an empowering act that challenges traditional gender roles and promotes gender equality. This proactive approach allows women to assert their desires and intentions, fostering a sense of confidence and self-assurance.

By stepping into a more active role in their personal interactions, women can help dismantle outdated societal expectations that place the burden of initiating contact solely on men. This shift contributes to a more balanced dynamic in relationships, where both parties feel equally responsible for driving the connection forward.

Furthermore, this empowerment extends beyond personal relationships. When women feel confident and assertive in their personal lives, this attitude can translate into their professional and public lives, promoting gender equality on a broader scale. It encourages a culture where women’s voices are heard and valued equally, contributing to a more inclusive and equitable society.

On a larger scale, the ripple effect of such empowerment can contribute to world peace. Empowered women are more likely to advocate for themselves and others, leading to stronger communities and more harmonious societies. By challenging and changing the norms, women making the first move can inspire a more progressive and peaceful world where equality and mutual respect are the standards.

I'd love to here your thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rimson_RoseWoman 6 weeks ago

Tamworth

You need to get off Google Willy.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 6 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"You need to get off Willy. "

Fixed that for you. 😂

J

By *he KakapoMan 6 weeks ago

A nice rock

I don't wanna read all of it...

Will it result in more BJs for me yay or nay?

By *atnip make me purrWoman 6 weeks ago

Reading

But what about empowering men?

Midlands

"I don't wanna read all of it...

Will it result in more BJs for me yay or nay?"

In the long run, possibly. But that's got me thinking now...

Midlands

"But what about empowering men?"

I'm free Friday?

By *cLovin2Man 6 weeks ago

Reading

Have to agree with you willy, fab is a collection generally of fairly liberal people, with beliefs in personal freedom. Why should we adhere to Victorian notions of the way a man or woman should behave.

In the words of William Wallace or was it Mel Gibson from braveheart;

Freedom!

By *oxy jWoman 6 weeks ago

somerset

think you'll finf swinging women have no problem in messaging first and many many do and always have.

its just compared to men their are so few women so most men would not know that women do indeed take the first step its just not with them.

Manchester-ish

"think you'll finf swinging women have no problem in messaging first and many many do and always have.

its just compared to men their are so few women so most men would not know that women do indeed take the first step its just not with them."

This is very true. I mean, not me though, I would never do such a thing. 😇

J

By *aytime78Man 6 weeks ago

catesby

that should end "once again"

By *wist my nipplesCouple 6 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"I've been thinking about this alot recently and I came to the conclusion that when women take the initiative to make the first move and send the first message, it can be an empowering act that challenges traditional gender roles and promotes gender equality. This proactive approach allows women to assert their desires and intentions, fostering a sense of confidence and self-assurance.

By stepping into a more active role in their personal interactions, women can help dismantle outdated societal expectations that place the burden of initiating contact solely on men. This shift contributes to a more balanced dynamic in relationships, where both parties feel equally responsible for driving the connection forward.

Furthermore, this empowerment extends beyond personal relationships. When women feel confident and assertive in their personal lives, this attitude can translate into their professional and public lives, promoting gender equality on a broader scale. It encourages a culture where women’s voices are heard and valued equally, contributing to a more inclusive and equitable society.

On a larger scale, the ripple effect of such empowerment can contribute to world peace. Empowered women are more likely to advocate for themselves and others, leading to stronger communities and more harmonious societies. By challenging and changing the norms, women making the first move can inspire a more progressive and peaceful world where equality and mutual respect are the standards.

I'd love to here your thoughts."

I’d love you to step away from chat GPT

Mrs TMN x

Reading

Will it result in more BJs for me yay or nay?"

I like the way you think, maybe we should make all decisions in life via a blowjobometer. A measuring device leading to the possibility of oral sex.

Going to work, registers a 1

Going out on Friday night registers a 2

Going to the doctor's registers 1

Going to see the family registers a 3

There's summat wrong with this thing.

I like the way you think, maybe we should make all decisions in life via a blowjobometer. A measuring device leading to the possibility of oral sex.

There's summat wrong with this thing."

A Beejometer?

By *iberius61Man 6 weeks ago

Pontefract

It pleases me most when I get messages from both partners, rather than just the one. After a few messages you can usually tell the difference in language even before you see the sig at the end.

By *ucka39Man 6 weeks ago

Newcastle

I'm sure women do, contact first but doesn't mean it'll be with every man on the site. Just pick from the flock 😁

Midlands

"I've been thinking about this alot recently and I came to the conclusion that when women take the initiative to make the first move and send the first message, it can be an empowering act that challenges traditional gender roles and promotes gender equality. This proactive approach allows women to assert their desires and intentions, fostering a sense of confidence and self-assurance.

Mrs TMN x"

You don't know me! I've had a lot of deep thoughts recently(this morning) bottled up.

Midlands

By *electableicecreamMan 6 weeks ago

The West

I'm changing my bio.

Ladies hit me up. For world peace.

Mrs TMN x

You don't know me! I've had a lot of deep thoughts recently(this morning) bottled up."

Well it’s either chat GPT or epic mansplaining

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

Too long, didn’t read.

Maybe he could ask ChatGPT to summarise that for him?

By *aytime78Man 6 weeks ago

catesby

message box open

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

*hi 5 Willy.

By *lexander195699Man 6 weeks ago

Ashford

"think you'll finf swinging women have no problem in messaging first and many many do and always have.

its just compared to men their are so few women so most men would not know that women do indeed take the first step its just not with them."

This is so true. Majority of men have a skewed view of what is happenning.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 6 weeks ago

Reading

"But what about empowering men?

I'm free Friday?"

But will you be empowered?

By *lexander195699Man 6 weeks ago

Ashford

"But what about empowering men?

I'm free Friday?

But will you be empowered?"

What would prove empowerment?

By *asterMeliodasMan 6 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Majority of men have a skewed view of what is happenning."

I mean I tend to have no idea what's going on with anything at any given time, but that's more of a general thing than a Fab-specific one.

Midlands

"Too long, didn’t read.

Maybe he could ask ChatGPT to summarise that for him?"

Basically, women should message RTG first as he has a nice penis and it could potentially save the world.

The butterfly effect

By *bi HaiveMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

But.......they do. 🤔🤷‍♂️😂😂

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Basically, women should message RTG first as he has a nice penis and it could potentially save the world. The butterfly effect"

I approve and/or endorse this message.

By *eliWoman 6 weeks ago

Come on Willy, there's enough using ChatGPT already on the forums. Tut tut.

Anyway; I love messaging men first. Taking that chance. Saying hi when they come back. It can lead to incredible times.

By *opinovMan 6 weeks ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I've pretty much given up sending initial messages to women now, as it's disheartening to put effort into something that'll just be unanswered or deleted unread. It is sort of understandable though - the amount of messages in women's inboxes must render them almost like plankton. Much better to let a woman send her first message with an infinitely greater chance of an answer.

By *teveAndHisMagicPicklenicMan 6 weeks ago

Ends

[Removed by poster at 06/08/24 12:55:16]

By *imply DeeWoman 6 weeks ago

Wherever

Would a wink do or too lazy for the empowered?

Ends

The reality is, if you’re a man with no women messaging you, it is likely because the women on fab just aren’t attracted to you. And as shit as that feels, that’s the way it is. Women continuously say they do message first when they like someone so how can you conclude anything other than they just don’t like you

The same as if you send a message and they look at your profile and don’t reply. That’s the game. It is what it is.

I think a lot of men want to live in a utopia where as many women find them attractive or desirable as men do women. That’s just not reality and tbh even someone with my low confidence and self esteem recognises that you just have to deal with it. If we don’t like it, we can leave and we can cry about it in therapy.

By *ong alMan 6 weeks ago

barnsley

I've never had a woman message me first, would be nice sometime

By *r SensualMan 6 weeks ago

London

This is something I’ve been advocating for a lot of my female friends on fab to start doing in order to make their experiences better on the site. Some of whom have taken this on board which is great to see.

Don’t get me wrong, there are a number of women who have no qualms making that initial first move, I received such messages myself many times over the years.

Although there’s many who don’t and are happy to sit back and being flooded with messages from men they’re not attracted to. The excuse is always “I don’t have time because I have so many messages to get through”

Sorry, last time I checked the search functionality on here has absolutely no correlation to busyness of one’s inbox at all.

By *assageVirtuosoMan 6 weeks ago

SouthEast

Very nicely put, though it's a cliche after cliche . Copy paste .

And it's plainly disingenuous for the ultimate purpose . Which isn't to "empower" women but to make it easy for men to just sit back and expect an avalanche of messages from "empowered" women

Wishful thinking , OP.

BTW, I'm not having a go at you, OP. I know you copied and pasted all those cliche slogans.

If you've been on fab for a while you'll realise that women don't wait to be approached. Nothing of the sort that you describe in your opening statement. Women are in control here. They do as they please. They make the first move, they set their rules, they make you jump over hoops, they can block you, they can insult you at will.

Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying that all women do all of the above. This is the wide range of their behavior.

And also...women is the fab currency. If you have a woman, you'll have plenty of doors opened for you, instead of slammed shut.

By *orkshire Couple2000Couple 6 weeks ago

Halifax

We've noticed at the club nights we go to that it's the ladies who tend to initiate contact & sound each other out. The gents tend to take a step back and wait for the outcome of negotiations

The West

While the idea that women taking initiative can be empowering is undoubtedly true for many, it's essential to avoid oversimplifying complex issues like gender equality. Suggesting that simply making the first move is a panacea for dismantling systemic gender inequality is misleading.

While it's commendable to encourage women to assert themselves, placing such a heavy burden on individual actions can divert attention from larger societal structures that perpetuate gender disparities. True equality requires addressing systemic issues like wage gaps, unequal representation in leadership, and the normalization of harmful gender stereotypes.

Furthermore, framing women's empowerment solely through the lens of romantic relationships can limit the scope of women's agency. Women's empowerment is multifaceted and encompasses various aspects of life, including education, career, and personal growth. While personal relationships are important, they should not be the sole metric for measuring progress towards gender equality.

It's crucial to recognize that the dynamics of relationships are complex and vary widely between individuals. While some women may find empowerment in initiating contact, others might prefer traditional gender roles or have different comfort levels. Generalizing about what constitutes empowerment for all women can be problematic.

Ultimately, achieving gender equality requires a holistic approach that addresses both individual attitudes and systemic barriers. While encouraging women to take initiative is a positive step, it's essential to avoid reducing the complex issue of gender equality to a single action.

A nice rock

Take your penis out of it ffs

By *atricia ParnelWoman 6 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

Yes and popular men will have a few ladies, messaging him at the same time, so the odds are even less on here

Midlands

"

While the idea that women taking initiative can be empowering is undoubtedly true for many, it's essential to avoid oversimplifying complex issues like gender equality. Suggesting that simply making the first move is a panacea for dismantling systemic gender inequality is misleading.

While it's commendable to encourage women to assert themselves, placing such a heavy burden on individual actions can divert attention from larger societal structures that perpetuate gender disparities. True equality requires addressing systemic issues like wage gaps, unequal representation in leadership, and the normalization of harmful gender stereotypes.

Furthermore, framing women's empowerment solely through the lens of romantic relationships can limit the scope of women's agency. Women's empowerment is multifaceted and encompasses various aspects of life, including education, career, and personal growth. While personal relationships are important, they should not be the sole metric for measuring progress towards gender equality.

It's crucial to recognize that the dynamics of relationships are complex and vary widely between individuals. While some women may find empowerment in initiating contact, others might prefer traditional gender roles or have different comfort levels. Generalizing about what constitutes empowerment for all women can be problematic.

Ultimately, achieving gender equality requires a holistic approach that addresses both individual attitudes and systemic barriers. While encouraging women to take initiative is a positive step, it's essential to avoid reducing the complex issue of gender equality to a single action.

"

This is a very interesting point, I've never thought about it like that.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 6 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

Jesus, so many big words. I really love it when a woman makes the first move in a message. Be that a good 'oofting' or a 'hello'.

There. Small words for everyone to understand.

Historically women have always signalled interest in men, before men have acted.

Be it the neanderthal, gatherer who gave fruit and veg to the male hunters.

Be it middle age chivalry where a lady dropped her handkerchief “by accident” so the object of her desires would have to approach her to return it.

Or be it the more modern woman sat at the bar fluttering her eyelids and not breaking eye contact, to encourage her suitor to approach

By *izandpaulCouple 6 weeks ago

merseyside

Or it could mean you are just too bone idle to make a first move.

I often contact guys but mainly approach them in person at a social or party etc 😉

Midlands

"

I often contact guys but mainly approach them in person at a social or party etc 😉

"

They don't call me Willy Idle for nothing

Near Keith

"The reality is, if you’re a man with no women messaging you, it is likely because the women on fab just aren’t attracted to you. And as shit as that feels, that’s the way it is. Women continuously say they do message first when they like someone so how can you conclude anything other than they just don’t like you

The same as if you send a message and they look at your profile and don’t reply. That’s the game. It is what it is.

I think a lot of men want to live in a utopia where as many women find them attractive or desirable as men do women. That’s just not reality and tbh even someone with my low confidence and self esteem recognises that you just have to deal with it. If we don’t like it, we can leave and we can cry about it in therapy.

"

Notwithstanding that this whole thing is just Fun with ChatGPT, I found this response interesting and wanted to ask you a follow-up question: if it's truly as you say, is your opinion then that guys who are only here to meet women, who aren't being messaged by them, are wasting their time here and that there's no value for them in using the site?

By *ellhungvweMan 6 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Pretty much all of the women I meet on here seem pretty empowered to me.

Ends

"The reality is, if you’re a man with no women messaging you, it is likely because the women on fab just aren’t attracted to you. And as shit as that feels, that’s the way it is. Women continuously say they do message first when they like someone so how can you conclude anything other than they just don’t like you

Notwithstanding that this whole thing is just Fun with ChatGPT, I found this response interesting and wanted to ask you a follow-up question: if it's truly as you say, is your opinion then that guys who are only here to meet women, who aren't being messaged by them, are wasting their time here and that there's no value for them in using the site?"

Yeah that’s my opinion. Use the forums, go to socials go to clubs. You have to find other reason to use the site. I truly believe it’s why men complain and say they want to leave- because they are unsuccessful on here. But there’s more to fab than finding sex. Like the forums. Which are mostly great

By *onkoMan 6 weeks ago

here and there

I wish those that secretly fancy me would

Save me guessing

merseyside

"

They don't call me Willy Idle for nothing "

Near Keith

"Yeah that’s my opinion. Use the forums, go to socials go to clubs. You have to find other reason to use the site. I truly believe it’s why men complain and say they want to leave- because they are unsuccessful on here. But there’s more to fab than finding sex. Like the forums. Which are mostly great"

Interesting perspective, thanks.

By *_Mr.K_xMan 6 weeks ago

Somewhere between Hades and Narnia

I'd love it if ladies messaged first... but that rarely happens

By *elboy1978Man 6 weeks ago

Jarrow

I never had that happen to me where the woman makes the first move would be nice

By *icecouple561Couple 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Do we still have to be modest and humble, not too confident to be threatening and unaware that we're attractive?

"Do we still have to be modest and humble, not too confident to be threatening and unaware that we're attractive?"

Funnily enough, I prefer this. I love a woman who can seduce through her quiet gaze, all whilst keeping a sense of modesty and decorum. The thoughts that run through my mind whilst she plays with her hair, flutters her eye lids and encourages me to keep trying harder without showing disinterest drives me wild

Manchester-ish

"Yeah that’s my opinion. Use the forums, go to socials go to clubs. You have to find other reason to use the site. I truly believe it’s why men complain and say they want to leave- because they are unsuccessful on here. But there’s more to fab than finding sex. Like the forums. Which are mostly great"

This is pretty much how I/we use the site. We haven't arranged a single sex thing through this site. It's been meeting people at organised socials and clubs. Occasionally meeting people that we've first spoken to on here at socials and clubs. But always that in person interaction.

And I/we meet single men but that face-to-face thing is huge and I don't have time to do private socials very often. Also I need to like you as a person so the forums and group chats before events are a really good way to see who's just being nice because they want to fuck me and who's genuinely nice.

J

Manchester-ish

"Yeah that’s my opinion. Use the forums, go to socials go to clubs. You have to find other reason to use the site. I truly believe it’s why men complain and say they want to leave- because they are unsuccessful on here. But there’s more to fab than finding sex. Like the forums. Which are mostly great

This is pretty much how I/we use the site. We haven't arranged a single sex thing through this site. It's been meeting people at organised socials and clubs. Occasionally meeting people that we've first spoken to on here at socials and clubs. But always that in person interaction.

And I/we meet single men but that face-to-face thing is huge and I don't have time to do private socials very often. Also I need to like you as a person so the forums and group chats before events are a really good way to see who's just being nice because they want to fuck me and who's genuinely nice.

J"

All that said. I did message someone first today and it turns out he's really hot so...who knows 😂

J

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Do we still have to be modest and humble, not too confident to be threatening and unaware that we're attractive?

Funnily enough, I prefer this. I love a woman who can seduce through her quiet gaze, all whilst keeping a sense of modesty and decorum. The thoughts that run through my mind whilst she plays with her hair, flutters her eye lids and encourages me to keep trying harder without showing disinterest drives me wild

"

Which is why I remain steadfastly myself because you'll never please everybody

The West

"

This is a very interesting point, I've never thought about it like that."

ChatGPT is excellent for providing a thorough rebuttal!

In fairness I did find myself b agreeing with it even if I did the post a little tongue in cheek.

Sounds a great idea. I’m in

Near Keith

"Which is why I remain steadfastly myself because you'll never please everybody "

...what if I want to please everybody, though

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 6 weeks ago

Essex

‘Kin hell.

The Pankhursts are rolling over in their graves…

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Which is why I remain steadfastly myself because you'll never please everybody

...what if I want to please everybody, though"

Give it a go. 🥳

Near Keith

Give it a go. 🥳"

Nah, I might be a people pleaser but I know a lesson in redundancy when I see one. XD

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Give it a go. 🥳

Nah, I might be a people pleaser but I know a lesson in redundancy when I see one. XD"

That's a lesson I learned a very long time ago. 🙃

[Removed by poster at 06/08/24 15:56:14]

Out of curiosity here, (aimed at the ladies) how many of you have honestly messaged a guy first?

I once had a lady message me first last week using the 'burning the hay' method where she carpet bomb messaged loads of guys... expecting her inbox to absolutely light up so she could tailor who she responded to by the quality of the replies she got...

I guess a 'throw enough shit at the wall and see how much of it sticks' approach, which I found quite interesting and different.

Anyways.. how many message first?

By *erfHerder74Man 6 weeks ago

Greenock

By posting that do you believe men are superior and should stand back to let a woman feel empowered? What?

Manchester-ish

"Out of curiosity here, (aimed at the ladies) how many of you have honestly messaged a guy first?

I once had a lady message me first last week using the 'burning the hay' method where she carpet bomb messaged loads of guys... expecting her inbox to absolutely light up so she could tailor who she responded to by the quality of the replies she got...

I guess a 'throw enough shit at the wall and see how much of it sticks' approach, which I found quite interesting and different.

"

Me. I wouldn't dream of carpet bombing though. The inbox on my solo account is ridiculous every time I go online.

J

Manchester-ish

"‘Kin hell.

"

Don't worry Misty, Willy is playing with his new toy. 😂

The replies have made for interesting reading though!

J

Essex

I message first. Not as often I suppose.

Certainly I wouldn’t carpet bomb. As much as there are a fair few dick heads on fab, I don’t think anyone deserves to be treated like a ginormous game of meat chess.

Essex

"‘Kin hell.

Don't worry Misty, Willy is playing with his new toy. 😂

The replies have made for interesting reading though!

J"

Awwww. I’m pleased he found something to play with ☺️

By *iddlesticksMan 6 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

Surely the only valid points in this scenario can be from women, or am I not intellectual enough to understand?

By *ell GwynnWoman 6 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"Do we still have to be modest and humble, not too confident to be threatening and unaware that we're attractive?

Which is why I remain steadfastly myself because you'll never please everybody "

Couldn't agree more!

By *eyond PurityCouple 6 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Sorry couldn’t reply sooner as chatting to ladies 👀

Oh and an annoying dick…I mean Willy 🙄

K

By *ell GwynnWoman 6 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"Out of curiosity here, (aimed at the ladies) how many of you have honestly messaged a guy first?

"

Nearly all my conversations start because I've messaged first. I prefer to observe someone on the forum, get a feel for their personality, then BAM! I send a DM complimenting their shacket.

merseyside

"

I've messaged a guy and he was all gung ho to meet the next day but sadly think he lost his bottle, he had to go into work....that old chestnut.

I did meet 3 guys I messaged but at a club during the day.

Think sometimes ladies can come on a bit too strong and frighten the poor lads to death.

An example of my incorrect attitude.

In a pub with Paul for an initial meet with a nice guy.

Chat got on to underwear.

I said to him "I've got knickers on but I'll happily go to the loo, take them off, come back and let you look at my cunt".

He went to toilet and never came back

Oops, maybe the C word was too much.

But I did try it with another guy, he was there when I came back from the loo and did get a look.

He was so complimentary and told me later that he had 2 wanks on his way back home.

Bless.

Must temember not to use the C word, well maybe not never, ever

"

When I was on here before, 100% of the meets I ever had were as a result of me messaging men first. The men who messaged me first never ended up being men I’d end up meeting.

This time around, I’ve had the opposite experience. 100% of the meets I’ve had have started from messages I’ve received. I’ve messaged men first but not with intentions of meetings. In those instances, I’ve ended up exchanging interesting conversations but it was very clear, from the beginning, I wasn’t into them for sex.

Nearly all my conversations start because I've messaged first. I prefer to observe someone on the forum, get a feel for their personality, then BAM! I send a DM complimenting their shacket."

#forumgame

By *rgasmatron1970Man 6 weeks ago

Bromley

"You need to get off Google Willy. "

Is there a Google Willy search engine?

Reading

There's summat wrong with this thing.

Take your penis out of it ffs"

How else do I get a BJ out of it?

Feckin machines...

By *inky_couple2020Couple 6 weeks ago

North West

"You need to get off Google Willy.

Is there a Google Willy search engine?"

Free Willy!

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 6 weeks ago

Southampton

"Basically, women should message RTG first as he has a nice penis and it could potentially save the world. The butterfly effect

I approve and/or endorse this message."

But #notallwomen eh?? 🤣🤣

By *orny PTMan 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

If women never made the first move, lesbians would have a problem.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 6 weeks ago

North West

"Basically, women should message RTG first as he has a nice penis and it could potentially save the world. The butterfly effect

But #notallwomen eh?? 🤣🤣"

No tall women? Define tall 🤔

Reading

Is there a Google Willy search engine?"

You just gave me an idea for a new money making internet search engine, no matter what you search for, the engine does a Google for boobies result is pictures of boobies. I'm a genius, I know it.

By *hilloutMan 6 weeks ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'm afraid that's all a bit too deep for my switched off holiday brain 🤣

On a more serious note, women have little incentive to message first here. It's far easier to take a passive approach in scrolling through the constant filler of the inbox to come across that rare message from a profile that might stand out.

Many women fear rejection or don't handle it well and will also refrain from messaging first, particularly if their self confidence is at a lower point.

Some women admire men who are decisive and take the initiative, leaving the process to them.

It's ironic how progressive the vibe here is yet in this respect, courting continues to play out in a very traditional manner.

You just gave me an idea for a new money making internet search engine, no matter what you search for, the engine does a Google for boobies result is pictures of boobies. I'm a genius, I know it. "

Sorry, I’ve trademarked “Booble”

Reading

You just gave me an idea for a new money making internet search engine, no matter what you search for, the engine does a Google for boobies result is pictures of boobies. I'm a genius, I know it.

Sorry, I’ve trademarked “Booble”"

Damnit

By *eliWoman 6 weeks ago

"I'm afraid that's all a bit too deep for my switched off holiday brain 🤣

"

It's a bit too deep any time Chilly, there's no shame in that.

Near Keith

"If women never made the first move, lesbians would have a problem."

Have you never heard of lesbian sheep syndrome? :P

The West

On a more serious note, women have little incentive to message first here. It's far easier to take a passive approach in scrolling through the constant filler of the inbox to come across that rare message from a profile that might stand out.

Many women fear rejection or don't handle it well and will also refrain from messaging first, particularly if their self confidence is at a lower point.

Some women admire men who are decisive and take the initiative, leaving the process to them.

It's ironic how progressive the vibe here is yet in this respect, courting continues to play out in a very traditional manner."

This hasn't been my experience. 100% of the meets I've had that started through messaging have been from a message sent to me by a woman whether single or in a couple

Horse's for courses I guess.

By *HUSH-Man 6 weeks ago

London

That was a very stirring speech. 🥹

If FAB can create a more peaceful, harmonious, equitable world because the ladies on here are the ones to approach the subject of potentially having a good boff first then who are we to stand in the way of progress.

Southampton

But #notallwomen eh?? 🤣🤣

No tall women? Define tall 🤔"

Someone who isn't short🤣🤣

Midlands

"That was a very stirring speech. 🥹

If FAB can create a more peaceful, harmonious, equitable world because the ladies on here are the ones to approach the subject of potentially having a good boff first then who are we to stand in the way of progress.

"

Amen brother!🤞

By *orny PTMan 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"If women never made the first move, lesbians would have a problem.

Have you never heard of lesbian sheep syndrome? :P"

Nope, never. Tell me more.

By *og-ManMan 6 weeks ago

somewhere

I have all women blocked so they can't send a first message to save me the worry of wondering why I never get any.

By *rHotNottsMan 6 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Sounds like 5 year old had a assignment on feminism , which is exactly the level I’d expect from ChatGBT. I bet the paid version of Coral / Cohere could do far better and maybe get a sticker from me.

You might wanna look into chained prompting and use a better LLM if you are really interested in thought provoking generated content

Near Keith

Nope, never. Tell me more."

Female sheep signal sexual readiness by standing still and waiting to be mounted. If two of them are into each other, they'll both do that and end up basically frozen.

The term describes the situation where two lesbians are waiting for each other to make the first move, so neither does.

By *iscean_dreamMan 6 weeks ago

Port talbot

I don't know OP, don't think I could possibly handle all the ruggage in my box 😳

It's a bit too deep any time Chilly, there's no shame in that. "

Well, I am just a simple troglodyte 😁😂

A nice rock

It's a bit too deep any time Chilly, there's no shame in that.

Well, I am just a simple troglodyte 😁😂"

Troglodytes are my favourite dinosaurs 🦕

By *lirtyfun123Woman 6 weeks ago

essex

"

I don’t message first because I usually think the ones I like wouldn’t be interested in me so I’d rather not embarrass myself. Especially anyone in the forums, I’d feel awkward posting after if I’d had a knockback

By *neeyedwillieMan 6 weeks ago

Darlington

Very few women message me and when they do, I feel like I'm carrying the conversation more often than not.

But I'm old school and preffer a good old fashioned face to face flirt rather than being reliant on Fab.. so it's the clubs and socials for me. Can't beat acctual social interaction imo.

Amd because if that, I know first hand a lot of women wait for men to make the first move. They'll drop hints but rarely be direct.

Just as well.im.not shy

I don’t message first because I usually think the ones I like wouldn’t be interested in me so I’d rather not embarrass myself. Especially anyone in the forums, I’d feel awkward posting after if I’d had a knockback "

Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

Just do it!😁

By *essTTWoman 6 weeks ago

Birmingham

This isn't a new thing that you have just come to the conclusion about.

It's 2024 women have been making the first move for years.

By *mily36CWoman 6 weeks ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"... It is sort of understandable though - the amount of messages in women's inboxes must render them almost like plankton. "

Being likened to whales...

By *HUSH-Man 6 weeks ago

London

I don’t message first because I usually think the ones I like wouldn’t be interested in me so I’d rather not embarrass myself. Especially anyone in the forums, I’d feel awkward posting after if I’d had a knockback "

If in doubt you can always Fab a picture. I’ve started a few conversations that way when I’ve had a fab. Sometimes people are actually just liking my pictures so you can always go with that.

As for interacting with people who’ve maybe knocked you back or they’ve changed their mind it’s really way, way worse in your head. I’m on good terms with someone on here and we go back and forth on the forums on the regular. She’s a very cool peppino and I’d choose this way every time than our paths to never have crossed.

My 2 cents

Southampton

this ! However I'm wondering if I ought to conduct some research lol

By *agicM53XMan 6 weeks ago

Orpington

It would definitely fix all the world's problems that's for sure

Reading

Nope, never. Tell me more.

Female sheep signal sexual readiness by standing still and waiting to be mounted. If two of them are into each other, they'll both do that and end up basically frozen.

The term describes the situation where two lesbians are waiting for each other to make the first move, so neither does."

Reminds me of a story a friend told me at school, a sheep farmer was caught by the village bobby mounting one of his sheep.

When asked to explain himself, he replied

Aaar I was taking a piss, and this sheep backed into me

By *viatrixWoman 6 weeks ago

Redhill

Well, I tried! 🤷‍♀️ 😂

By *mmaleiaWoman 6 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

"

🙋🏻‍♀️ I think 90% of the meets, I have messaged the guy 1st, 2 guys have messaged me that I have also met with, 1 was on my hotlist though!

I have guys on message block now, which makes my life much easier, as most men who message don’t read what I’m looking for

By *arneyboy12Man 6 weeks ago

durham

You need to get off Google Willy.

Dear me an AI not must of written that

By *omblingFreeCouple 6 weeks ago

The Village, Wales

If the roles were reversed and the amount of women and couples here was greater than the amount of men,how many guys would just wink at a few profiles, Fab a few piccies and then just wait for the messages to come in?

Mr W (the trouble one)

By *rontier PsychiatristMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry

I think on the whole lots men would love women to make the first move (although societal norms make that hard for them to express). A lot of men don't want the pressure, the work and want to be chased (deep down). This all sounds to me like a cry out for women to make the first move more dressed up as something beneficial and empowering for women.

I doubt this sales pitch will do anything to change women's approach or to suddenly see the inboxes of men filling up. And to be fair when women do want to approach a guy they genrally just do anyway. It's nothing to do with womens empowerment, it's just adults being adults and chasing what they desire.

And it's also fair to point out that when women chase guys they tent to all chase the same 10% of guys, so there's probably a few guys out there with a whole inbox of female empowerment.

By *opinovMan 6 weeks ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"If the roles were reversed and the amount of women and couples here was greater than the amount of men,how many guys would just wink at a few profiles, Fab a few piccies and then just wait for the messages to come in?

Mr W (the trouble one)"

After all the ignored or deleted unread messages I've written carefully and individually, that's pretty much the pattern I follow nowadays... without any reduction in result. Zero verus zero is a pretty simple comparison to analyse.

By *unner6969Man 6 weeks ago

Herts/Bucks

"I've been thinking about this alot recently…

…I'd love to hear your thoughts."

ChatGPT?

By *altandPepper24Couple 6 weeks ago

Liverpool

My partner left me to deal with the admin of fab and I have gone from a sub for life to dom with other women this sites turned me into an absolute demon and kinks just keep getting worse and worse

By *oxy jWoman 6 weeks ago

somerset

think alot of guys are missing the point ... the number of women looking on here are far below the amount of women on here many are here just to chat and not meet alot of women are here to meet but not often and alot of womens profile are indeed not women ... so you all know how few women there are on fab compared to the zillions of men....

build in to that that women will only meet if they are attracted to you visual and mentally so bare that in mind and then realize that alot of women do indeed message first but its just not you for what ever reason ... if i see a hot guy and think yes please ill message first 75% to 99% will fail via messaging most of the guys ive met on this site or others have come from me messaging them first so just because they are not messaging you that does not mean they dont message first cause alot do

By *rontier PsychiatristMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry

"think alot of guys are missing the point ... the number of women looking on here are far below the amount of women on here many are here just to chat and not meet alot of women are here to meet but not often and alot of womens profile are indeed not women ... so you all know how few women there are on fab compared to the zillions of men....

build in to that that women will only meet if they are attracted to you visual and mentally so bare that in mind and then realize that alot of women do indeed message first but its just not you for what ever reason ... if i see a hot guy and think yes please ill message first 75% to 99% will fail via messaging most of the guys ive met on this site or others have come from me messaging them first so just because they are not messaging you that does not mean they dont message first cause alot do

"

It's a fair point. Me and my other half were helping out with some research a while back and we discussed we'd met on Fab. We were asked who message who first? She said he messaged me. The interviewer seemed quite amazed at this, that I'd got through. Because I don't stand in the shoes of a woman on fab I didn't fully appreciate the volume of messages that would come into her inbox and be ignored/rejected. She said she can't remember exactly what it was I said but it intrigued her to message back. This continued with a few more messages and then a 6 hour long phone call.

We really wished one of us had kept a copy of those first messages all those years ago. Would love to have seen what that opening message was that made the magic happen.

I class an initial 'wink' as making the first move. Basically, any interaction where the woman has made an unsolicited attempt to flirt, make contact or get your attention

Southampton

I quite often send a wink but that's as far as it will ever go in terms of me making the first move...made a fool of myself far too many times now.....

By *izandpaulCouple 5 weeks ago

merseyside

"I quite often send a wink but that's as far as it will ever go in terms of me making the first move...made a fool of myself far too many times now....."

In what way do you feel you have made a fool of yourself?

By *osey WalesMan 5 weeks ago

Surrey

I've had a few messages out of the blue from women.

Some were actual real women too.

Women who wish to message me first, are very welcome as far as i am concerned, feel free to message me !

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 5 weeks ago

chichester

Yeah same. Though I prob guess at least 90% of woken are not single that message and most seem to just send one message and never reply back /

By *orny PTMan 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

If the filters are set so high, then no matter what I do, her's is the first move that counts as I won't be able to contact her at all

Unless of course I ask permission first in a chat or forum post.

By *hilloutMan 4 weeks ago

It's ironic how progressive the vibe here is yet in this respect, courting continues to play out in a very traditional manner.

This hasn't been my experience. 100% of the meets I've had that started through messaging have been from a message sent to me by a woman whether single or in a couple

Horse's for courses I guess."

From someone on the opposite side of the spectrum, it sounds almost unbelievable😅

I do believe you by the way. Though it seems a feat difficult to match by most.

By *enfleetMaleMan 4 weeks ago

Hadleigh

Women do send first messages, not necessarily to me but I'm sure they do.

By *viatrixWoman 4 weeks ago

Redhill

Horse's for courses I guess.

From someone on the opposite side of the spectrum, it sounds almost unbelievable😅

I do believe you by the way. Though it seems a feat difficult to match by most."

I did message you when I was on an island though… wrong island, I know, but… the intention was there!

Not been back since. Have to ask for it

By *viatrixWoman 4 weeks ago

Redhill

Is it true that new, unverified accounts can’t message other profiles? 🤔

By *avidbanksMan 4 weeks ago

leeds

Need one to make the first move lol

By *ea wangMan 4 weeks ago

scunthorpe

If you fancy someone then go for it I say don't wait or you may miss out and applies to everyone not just one sex

By *7PAUL24Man 4 weeks ago

coventry

🫢🤣

By *ea wangMan 4 weeks ago

scunthorpe

"Is it true that new, unverified accounts can’t message other profiles? 🤔"
not sure I vaguely remember being able to message people before I was verified but it might have changed this century lol

By *essTTWoman 4 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Is it true that new, unverified accounts can’t message other profiles? 🤔"

It depends on people's filters.

You can block new accounts and unverified accounts from contacting you

By *eroLondonMan 4 weeks ago

Mayfair

"...I'd love to here your thoughts."

To be honest I quite relish in the personal experiences that women make the first move and send the first message, without any concerns around why they do it or what it means from a philosophical level. I don't wish to analyse it lest they cease in their desires to make those initial contacts.

By *entleman JayMan 4 weeks ago

Wakefield

I’ve had lots of out of the blue messages from women over the years.

By *agatoXXXMan 4 weeks ago

North Haverbrook

It would be important to me for women to make the first move, because I'm a big shitebag, and too scared to do it.

By *agatoXXXMan 4 weeks ago

North Haverbrook

[Removed by poster at 20/08/24 20:26:06]

By *eroLondonMan 9 hours ago

Mayfair

"I've been thinking about this a lot recently..."

Willy's still thinking.

..💭

🤔

By *ansoffateMan 9 hours ago

Sagittarius A

I completely agree.

It's also sexy.

When the burden of established power dynamics is thrown out of the window, I find the sex is free to become fluid and take on a primal and spontaneous quality.

Women who take the initiative cause that potential to manifest into my awareness, be it by direct or subtle means.

By *aabmanMan 9 hours ago

bognor regis

"I've never had a woman message me first, would be nice sometime "

I agree. Never happenned. But then again i am old and ugly which would explain it

By *asual_WandererWoman 8 hours ago

A spot you want me

As an inbox off, 100% first mover I agree entirely. Imagine ladies, a break from that guilt drenched, unanswered, overwhelming sea of yellow

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 8 hours ago

Glasgow

"… that guilt drenched, unanswered, overwhelming sea of yellow "

I have rarely seen it described so beautifully and so horribly, all at once.

By *atboynogymMan 8 hours ago

kettering

Someone’s got a lot of time on their hands

By *usybusygirlWoman 8 hours ago

Birmingham

I have filters set to make sure I send the first message 😘

By *upersonic SamMan 8 hours ago

wigan

It’s nice to have a woman message first as you know they have read your profile and like the look of you, its also a nice ego boost on what can be a tough site.

By *asual_WandererWoman 7 hours ago

A spot you want me

"… that guilt drenched, unanswered, overwhelming sea of yellow

I have rarely seen it described so beautifully and so horribly, all at once."

By *ecadent_DevonMan 7 hours ago

Okehampton

I wouldn’t meet if they didn’t. Hold on a minute… 🤣

((Only kidding, my “lie in wait” trapdoor spider approach is going great guns, honest))

By *illy Idol OP   Man 7 hours ago

Midlands

"I've been thinking about this a lot recently...

Willy's still thinking.

..💭

🤔"

My inbox is still empty 😕

By *mmaleiaWoman 7 hours ago

East Northamptonshire

[Removed by poster at 19/09/24 15:24:13]

By *eroLondonMan 7 hours ago

Mayfair

Willy's still thinking.

..💭

🤔

My inbox is still empty 😕 "

Unfortunately OP because you haven't asked for profile advice I am, therefore, unable to give you any pointers. ♥️

By *illy Idol OP   Man 7 hours ago

Midlands

Willy's still thinking.

..💭

🤔

My inbox is still empty 😕

Unfortunately OP because you haven't asked for profile advice I am, therefore, unable to give you any pointers. ♥️"

Thërës nø wây îm aððïng thãt sïllÿ fønt

» Add a new message to this topic