FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Safety razor blades

Safety razor blades

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man 9 weeks ago

in the sticks

As someone whose a bit older, I use a safety razor blade, double edge to shave. Used to buy them from Sainsbury's 10 for 2 pounds, last few months non available, tried Tesco and morrison as well with no luck.

They will sell you all the plastic fancy shite for mega money but stopped safety blades. Any others had the same problem?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 9 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

I stopped buying them from shops years ago got them from eBay..but last time I looked they were difficult to find..so what i did is just typed double edge safety razor blade into Google..it then comes up with some for sale on eBay or other places you can get them... I'd buy a whole stack of them just incase some government twat decides to make them illegal..

By *idssissyTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Birmingham

This was Ireland but got them in boots when my mum was after them

in the sticks

Had to buy a 100 off amazon, can usually get around 5 shaves from each blade ... so suspect supermarkets want the modern youth to buy something to use a couple of times then get rid.

Might email the green lobby as must be better for the environment 🤔

By *heBigLibowskiMan 9 weeks ago

Hampshire

You can get subscription services these days that post them to your door.

By *pandjMan 9 weeks ago

Sparkford

100 Wilkison sword blades off the internet and a big massive 1000ml block of Cella soap. Don't have to worry about it for a few years

in the sticks

"100 Wilkison sword blades off the internet and a big massive 1000ml block of Cella soap. Don't have to worry about it for a few years "

That's the point, if amazon are making profit why aren't the supermarkets... starting to get conspiracy head on lol

By *xonman53Man 9 weeks ago

Thame

"As someone whose a bit older, I use a safety razor blade, double edge to shave. Used to buy them from Sainsbury's 10 for 2 pounds, last few months non available, tried Tesco and morrison as well with no luck.

They will sell you all the plastic fancy shite for mega money but stopped safety blades. Any others had the same problem?"

Try searching on wish... Bought lots of boxes of 10 blades... Fits Gillette/Wilkinson sword razers

in the sticks

"As someone whose a bit older, I use a safety razor blade, double edge to shave. Used to buy them from Sainsbury's 10 for 2 pounds, last few months non available, tried Tesco and morrison as well with no luck.

They will sell you all the plastic fancy shite for mega money but stopped safety blades. Any others had the same problem?

Try searching on wish... Bought lots of boxes of 10 blades... Fits Gillette/Wilkinson sword razers"

By that time you would end up like zz top lol

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Stockport

If you go AliExpress, they've got no-name blades listed at about £5 for a hundred. Not that I use them myself, just did a quick web search...

By *orthernJayMan 9 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"100 Wilkison sword blades off the internet and a big massive 1000ml block of Cella soap. Don't have to worry about it for a few years

That's the point, if amazon are making profit why aren't the supermarkets... starting to get conspiracy head on lol"

Amazon sell to individuals, locally, nationally and globally, they either stock their own products or their associates products for sale. Warehouses stock products and therefore no shops to finance.

Supermarkets sell items at store level with a set number of spaces on shelf (facings), monitored geographically, all items (SKU’s) are typically listed with a 40% margin; sale of items monitored by the minute; this is called rate of sale (ROS).

If the ROS for any SKU falls below their profit standards for that store or geographical area, they put the SKU on promotion or will delist it and replace the facing.

“Every little helps” or “more reasons to shop at….”, (other supermarkets are available) is the biggest load of bollox since flying to the moon.

Supermarkets care about profit margin and return to shareholders; end of, they simply couldn’t care less about individual customers needs or desires; whereas Amazon try and cater for all, hence Bezos is one of the richest humans on the planet.

Unfortunately, this is why your blades ain’t stocked at Tesco et al., they simply won’t make anywhere near enough money to justify their existence

» Add a new message to this topic