FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should we be judged on the company we keep ?

Should we be judged on the company we keep ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman 9 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Yes/No

Explain your reasoning .....

Aunties, Uncles, Parents , Siblings, Workplace, Leisure time.....

That time you were inside

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 9 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Should we? I'm not sure there are so many variables.

Are we? Yes, all the time

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've got no choice with some of the company I keep therefore I should not be judged on that.

I choose to keep company with my dad. My brothers choose not to. People are judging us all on that favourably and not so.

By *ealitybitesMan 9 weeks ago

Belfast

I hope I'm judged on the company I keep because no-one would never be in doubt then about the quality of my friendships and my choices.

I know too many people who claim to be selective in their associations but seem to forget that when they need validation or are trying to be relevant.

That's when they run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 9 weeks ago

Glasgow

Yes, we should.

What a bracingly simple question. Thanks Granny.

By *rHotNottsMan 9 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Yes/No

That time you were inside "

No because we shouldn’t just judge each other like that for it’s own sake , it has no purpose to form internal opinions about others. At best It’s gossiping to yourself , but it invariably spreads across your network.

Should we make decisions & take actions about others based on they the company they keep? I think the context / reason and impact is important. Maybe you’re supporting that person ? Or doing the right thing through loyalty. Doesn’t mean you let their values run off on you. I’ve kept some very bad company in the past when I needed to get something done I believed was so important and worthwhile

By *ophieslutTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Central

We shouldn't just buy association. But should be by what we choose to do with them.

By *he KakapoMan 9 weeks ago

A nice rock

I judge people on all their actions,as we all do if we honestly assess it ,the company they keep is one of those actions.

By *rHotNottsMan 9 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've got no choice with some of the company I keep therefore I should not be judged on that.

I choose to keep company with my dad. My brothers choose not to. People are judging us all on that favourably and not so.

"

Family can be a really tough one. I think it’s important to do the right thing by our family, while limiting and negative impact on ourselves. Obviously depends on what has gone on in the past, and your capacity to forgive

By *aseylee324Couple 9 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

I don't judge people on their family, nobody can help the circumstances of their birth. I do judge them on the company they keep outside their family, it tells you a lot about values and character IMO

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've got no choice with some of the company I keep therefore I should not be judged on that.

Family can be a really tough one. I think it’s important to do the right thing by our family, while limiting and negative impact on ourselves. Obviously depends on what has gone on in the past, and your capacity to forgive"

I agree. People are judging the individual actions of my family without knowing the dynamic.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Not really. I think we all have someone whom we'd believe the best of, even if appearances are against them.

By *lofeldMan 9 weeks ago

Redhill

I know people from across the spectrum, and I like a rogue as much as a toff. Sometimes they are the same thing. I'll only completely cut someone off if they irritate me or are a total wrong un.

Keeping most people at arms length is my policy, enjoy seeing them when you do, and pick up where you left off.

By *lym4realCouple 9 weeks ago

plymouth

Well the old saying is You can't choose your family but... ? and so we try our best not to associate with anyone who is racist/homphobic and so yes you will get judged on who you "willingly" associate with nowadays and we suppose it's all part of growing up and the so called learning curve and understanding that people can change and sometimes it's for the worse and sometimes for the better ? and quite afew of Mrs4 family and Mr4's family are quite deeply racist but not racist as they on keep saying ? which does tend to mean ?? and also quite homophobic ( Mr4 converted/told Mrs4 to be Bi but nows she's Pan) xxxx

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 9 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

To a degree, perhaps.

But then what do we actually know of the circumstances behind someone's associates' reputations usually?

Continuing to associate with people who continually conduct themselves in a way that is unacceptable is an issue for me.

Associating with people who have had poor choices in their past and recovered, or whose reputations I believe to be unfounded, not anyone else's business.

By *parkle1974Woman 9 weeks ago

Leeds

"

That's when they run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.

"

I like this saying....I may steal it

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman 9 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Yes, we should.

What a bracingly simple question. Thanks Granny."

A yes or no is simple. A little explanation of how you arrive at your decision makes it less so.

By *ackformore100Man 9 weeks ago

Tin town

"Yes/No

That time you were inside "

Judge not lest ye be judged.

No. Much Less judging of people is needed until you actually know the individual. Even then...

And if we are going to judge someone... Probably best to judge the individual rather than whoever they have around them.

By *he love catsCouple 9 weeks ago

South Wales

Good morning. No, sometimes family need our knowledge, guidance and help. If they take it or not, thank us or not it's life and can't be dwelled upon.

Don't really care how community may judge or frown upon us as they wouldn't know the reasons for our engagement.

By *andynecklaceWoman 9 weeks ago

West Brom

I do

» Add a new message to this topic