FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Degrees of separation...

Degrees of separation...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman 9 weeks ago

Would someone's previous sexual partners affect the likelihood of you meeting them?

Is it a bad thing if it does?

Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 9 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes

No

No

By *gent CoulsonMan 9 weeks ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It has happened to me, a while ago I met with someone and another person I was talking to sent me a really shitty message and then blocked me.

My only thoughts there was her loss

By *anceAloneWoman 9 weeks ago

I'm definitely Northern

"Would someone's previous sexual partners affect the likelihood of you meeting them?

Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?"

Tricky question.

Someone's previous partner history may give you a sense of who they are, which would obviously affect your perception of them?

No choices made are bad as long as people are honest

If I think someone is being judgemental I may be annoyed but, if that is the person they are I'm not sure they should be in my life

Just my thoughts

By *hilloutMan 9 weeks ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Yes

No

No"

What they said

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 9 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Would someone's previous sexual partners affect the likelihood of you meeting them?

Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?"

It's far too complex a question to make simple.

I'd prefer NOT to know anyone else's sexual histories or partners. I prefer to make my own mind up based on interactions between myself and them. I prefer to take all precautions to keep myself safe - physically and psychologically.

If I found they met with someone that I feel is of bad character , I might question myself momentarily as to how they can mix with that 'type' but then put it behind me.

It would be 'behind me' based on the assumption that they met them for sex and not as a lifelong friend etc ... and also based on the fact that I was meeting them for sex and not as potential partner material.

I would NOT meet with them - despite the above - if I found they had ongoing or friendly connections with anyone from the fora who I find indiscrete, malicious, gossipy , untrustworthy etc ....

King's Crustacean

Last part of the Q .......

Would I take it badly if they judged me based on past meets....... to a degree , yes I would.

I'd say i'd been misjudged but i'd understand their right to make their own decisions based on the little they know and maybe keep my history to myself ( which I do in any case )

By *rimal InstinctCouple 9 weeks ago

Carlisle

"Yes

No

No"

This one. But also that sentiment can also be applied to me

So the above answers if I know it straight off the bat. Having said that it's their response to that sexual history too and how recent it was, as people change. I'd probably have them as a friend though, just I don't think we'd be sexually compatible.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 9 weeks ago

Glasgow

I thought this thread was going to be an attempt to draw the network diagram of forum sexual connections and figure out once and for all who our own Kevin Bacon is.

I’m disappointed now.

"It has happened to me, a while ago I met with someone and another person I was talking to sent me a really shitty message and then blocked me.

My only thoughts there was her loss"

Do you think you'd be put off meeting someone based on who they're interacting/meeting with?

I don't think it's anyone's loss as such - just a quick sign you're not compatible and saving you ballache later down the line.

By *gent CoulsonMan 9 weeks ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"It has happened to me, a while ago I met with someone and another person I was talking to sent me a really shitty message and then blocked me.

My only thoughts there was her loss

Do you think you'd be put off meeting someone based on who they're interacting/meeting with?

I don't think it's anyone's loss as such - just a quick sign you're not compatible and saving you ballache later down the line. "

I am of the mind that I don't know enough people on here to form a judgement, so the likelihood is it would not affect my decision to meet someone

By *aseylee324Couple 9 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Yes, the people one chooses as companions tells a lot about them

No, we are all entitled to make our choices

No, see above

By *ealitybitesMan 9 weeks ago

Belfast

Not really because I haven't always made the right decisions despite being extremely fussy so I wouldn't necessarily judge someone based on that alone.

I would think twice though based on who they are currently seeing or verified by if they aren't consistent with their profile or if I know them to always be involved in some form of drama.

By *JcuriousCouple 9 weeks ago

Derby

I think this question has different depths to it.

As I would say the awnser to the first question is no as it's nothing to do with us who other people sleep with, however at the same time if they were i.e - meeting obvious people who were unhygienic/did bareback with multiple people than this awnser would change to a yes as this would then in respect affect us.

I would say no to both the other questions as I wouldn't say it's a bad thing either way, just preference, a is what it is kinda thing

Miss S x

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 9 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"I thought this thread was going to be an attempt to draw the network diagram of forum sexual connections and figure out once and for all who our own Kevin Bacon is.

I’m disappointed now."

Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme 😂

Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?

Tricky question.

Someone's previous partner history may give you a sense of who they are, which would obviously affect your perception of them?

If I think someone is being judgemental I may be annoyed but, if that is the person they are I'm not sure they should be in my life

Just my thoughts "

So... no choices are bad but if someone makes a choice you'll be annoyed? I'm gently teasing you, don't worry. :D

Aren't we all judgemental to varying degrees? When we meet someone we'll make a quick "judgement". We read something and we'll do the same again. I think because the word has come to have such negative, weighted connotations we don't like to think of ourselves as being judgemental but... we are.

(Look it's a general we because I'm lazy. I can own that. :D)

By *he KakapoMan 9 weeks ago

A nice rock

Absolutely and unapologetically.

Who people meet says alot about either their own beliefs or what they are willing to overlook for sex

Glasgow

"Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme 😂"

OMG Kevin Bacon could play a middle aged Spider-Man. Perfect casting. (Sorry not sorry for crossing Meli’s multiple threads. Consider it a multiverse plot.)

By *he love catsCouple 9 weeks ago

South Wales

Morning Meli.

Someone's previous sexual partner's isn't our business, neither should ours be theirs, so it wouldn't affect us meeting them.

If it did affect us meeting it wouldn't be the end of the world as there's plenty more people who are willing to meet and don't care about the past, it's the hear and now that's important to us.

We definitely wouldn't take it badly life's to short we would just meet with someone else.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 9 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

And now a proper answer.

"Would someone's previous sexual partners affect the likelihood of you meeting them?"

Possibly. It's only really on here where you can see veris where that would be an issue for me. If most of their previous partners were a very different type to me then I'd be wary.

"Is it a bad thing if it does? "

I don't know. It's a personal thing rather bad thing I think.

"Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?"

If you're not compatible then getting pouty will solve nothing. 😂

J

I'd prefer NOT to know anyone else's sexual histories or partners. I prefer to make my own mind up based on interactions between myself and them. I prefer to take all precautions to keep myself safe - physically and psychologically.

If I found they met with someone that I feel is of bad character , I might question myself momentarily as to how they can mix with that 'type' but then put it behind me.

It would be 'behind me' based on the assumption that they met them for sex and not as a lifelong friend etc ... and also based on the fact that I was meeting them for sex and not as potential partner material.

I would NOT meet with them - despite the above - if I found they had ongoing or friendly connections with anyone from the fora who I find indiscrete, malicious, gossipy , untrustworthy etc ....

"

See I thought it was quite nuanced at first and I'd possibly gone too far down the reductionist route but then a few replies where it was simply yes or no made me think, nah, I can leave it waffle free. :D

Taking precautions is understandable - I'm similar to you with regards to that. There are times where I've stepped away but it's not so much about them as it is about me protecting myself. Maybe a little about them. A smidgen.

By *iddlesticksMan 9 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I prefer dungarees of separation.

A lady wearing dungarees with the braces betwixt her boobs.

By *anceAloneWoman 9 weeks ago

I'm definitely Northern

Tricky question.

Just my thoughts

So... no choices are bad but if someone makes a choice you'll be annoyed? I'm gently teasing you, don't worry. :D

Aren't we all judgemental to varying degrees? When we meet someone we'll make a quick "judgement". We read something and we'll do the same again. I think because the word has come to have such negative, weighted connotations we don't like to think of ourselves as being judgemental but... we are.

(Look it's a general we because I'm lazy. I can own that. :D)"

Tease away my darling...I make no claims to be consistent 😁

And yes I am also judgemental..you are absolutely right, we all are.

I guess it's a matter of whether their judgement aligns with mine.

😘

"I thought this thread was going to be an attempt to draw the network diagram of forum sexual connections and figure out once and for all who our own Kevin Bacon is.

I’m disappointed now."

No, Rosie, it's not. I don't have enough bleach to scour myself after that reveal.

The forums are great though.

King's Crustacean

See I thought it was quite nuanced at first and I'd possibly gone too far down the reductionist route but then a few replies where it was simply yes or no made me think, nah, I can leave it waffle free. :D

Taking precautions is understandable - I'm similar to you with regards to that. There are times where I've stepped away but it's not so much about them as it is about me protecting myself. Maybe a little about them. A smidgen. "

It's very nuanced , not at all reductionist which is why I called it complex and couldn't be simple with the answer.

By *parkle1974Woman 9 weeks ago

Leeds

Yes

No

No

By *herry delightWoman 9 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

What difference does it make who they have had sex with.

Am I missing something??

By *ackformore100Man 9 weeks ago

Tin town

POssibly yes.

No it's part of us/them.

No. Everything we do has consequences.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 9 weeks ago

Leeds

Yes

No

No

I'd rather not know people's partner's although on here it's hard not to & it does occasionally put me off I won't lie, but that's a me problem.

Mrs

A nice rock

[Removed by poster at 29/07/24 11:31:37]

A nice rock

"What difference does it make who they have had sex with.

Am I missing something??

"

It can speak to their character, and I don't see my sexual partners as inanimate sexual accessories regardless of how casual an encounter it is

By *ittlebirdWoman 9 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

No

No

No

It’s their life journey not mine.

The only thing I’m concerned with is sexual health. Nothing else is my business at all

By *herry delightWoman 9 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

Am I missing something??

It can speak to their character, and I don't see my sexual partners as inanimate sexual accessories regardless of how casual an encounter it is"

Just because they had sex with them doesn't speak to their character at all.

"I think this question has different depths to it.

As I would say the awnser to the first question is no as it's nothing to do with us who other people sleep with, however at the same time if they were i.e - meeting obvious people who were unhygienic/did bareback with multiple people than this awnser would change to a yes as this would then in respect affect us.

I would say no to both the other questions as I wouldn't say it's a bad thing either way, just preference, a is what it is kinda thing

Miss S x"

So it's situational... that makes sense. I think for me certain things would tell me I'm not compatible with them. Could I be wrong? Yes, of course.

I think if someone was really twunty about it I'd feel a bit meh but generally I can respect we all do things differently.

By *ealitybitesMan 9 weeks ago

Belfast

Am I missing something??

"

It depends on the individual.

If they are having sex with people who don't bare any resemblance to the criteria laid out in their profile they are either deceptive or deluded.

If they demonise certain others in private chats but then go and shag one of that persons besties they are just playing games.

Just two reasons why it would put me off someone.

A nice rock

Am I missing something??

It can speak to their character, and I don't see my sexual partners as inanimate sexual accessories regardless of how casual an encounter it is

Just because they had sex with them doesn't speak to their character at all.

"

Maybe not in your opinion.

In mine it does

By *viatrixWoman 9 weeks ago

Redhill

Yes, of course it does.

If I am going to be the verification of the day/week I’m not interested. Also if the previous people follow a pattern/type and I am not part of that pattern/type…

I don’t think it’s wrong, not at all. Everyone is free to meet whomever they like using whatever criteria they see fit.

By *JcuriousCouple 9 weeks ago

Derby

"So it's situational... that makes sense. I think for me certain things would tell me I'm not compatible with them. Could I be wrong? Yes, of course.

I think if someone was really twunty about it I'd feel a bit meh but generally I can respect we all do things differently. "

We don't like the twunty kind neither

Miss S x

Am I missing something??

"

Probably the part where everyone views things differently.

"Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme 😂

OMG Kevin Bacon could play a middle aged Spider-Man. Perfect casting. (Sorry not sorry for crossing Meli’s multiple threads. Consider it a multiverse plot.)"

It's made me so happy that you did! You're an impressive specimen of ManTart.

Yeah, Bacon has that sort of cheeky energy which would be brilliant in that casting.

By *oxesMan 9 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

Not at all but it depends what footing you got off on when you split up.

For me I get on verry well with my exes and I am open to two of them about fab but that maybe because one showed me the fab ropes and the other one was a swinger.

By *og-ManMan 9 weeks ago

somewhere

Yes it would especially if they have played with people who say they practice safe sex but dont.

By *a LunaWoman 9 weeks ago

South

I’d like to think I’d be open minded like Granny C., but I know myself too well. If they’d met someone who I thought appeared a bit of a knobber, then I’d judge them. Unfairly maybe, but I’m only human.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 9 weeks ago

Reading

"

Lol I want to a list of those to avoid!

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

"Would someone's previous sexual partners affect the likelihood of you meeting them? "

Yes. For a few reasons, will it cause trouble/gymfit&bigger build/vwe and probably other stuff

" Is it a bad thing if it does? "
yes, it should be none of my business what history they have ( or who their fwbs are) but it’s a thing, and I sometimes wish it wasn’t.

" Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?"
no, I’d understand. But as above, I wish it didn’t.

By *had_ThunderCockMan 9 weeks ago

Sydney University Wank Bank

"Would someone's previous sexual partners affect the likelihood of you meeting them? "

Yes, maybe, no… erm…. Depends; on the WHO it was and if they made me feel inadequate in some way. There are few here, where I see a veri from a specific chap, and I immediately change course.😞

However for the right woman, with the right connection, magic, spark, etc….. I might see past it. Depends on how confident she’s helping me feel. 🌹

"Is it a bad thing if it does? "

No. My hang ups are my hang ups. I own it. 🍻

"Would you take it badly if they didn't think you were compatible because of that?"

No, I auto-assume that before any form of positive response anyway. 👌 which isn’t the advice I give to others, my own self talk undoes mine!

Chad ThunderCock

By *affron40Woman 9 weeks ago

manchester

Yes if they’ve caused craziness in the past.

No that’s just self preservation for a quiet life.

It’s everyone’s right so not bothered… and to be fair there may be a crazy in the historic mix for me too.. . But it’s unlikely anyone would know as mine are so old and I rarely meet anyone.

By *midnight-Woman 9 weeks ago

Hmmmmm... I'd be mindful if they were friends.. I wouldn't want to accidentally lamp post piss

I tend not to read too much into veris or pay much attention to them

"

It depends on the individual.

If they are having sex with people who don't bare any resemblance to the criteria laid out in their profile they are either deceptive or deluded.

If they demonise certain others in private chats but then go and shag one of that persons besties they are just playing games.

Just two reasons why it would put me off someone."

Yep, that would put me off someone as well. I've never understood how you could be so rude about someone (like saying the sex with them is dull and you'd much rather I was there as an example) and then proceed to continue fucking them. Such a turn off. I like when words match actions, find it too confusing otherwise.

Glasgow

"Hmmmmm... I'd be mindful if they were friends.. I wouldn't want to accidentally lamp post piss"

Ooooh. I just realised I haven’t seen anyone complain about lamp post pissing in ages!

By *midnight-Woman 9 weeks ago

"I’d like to think I’d be open minded like Granny C., but I know myself too well. If they’d met someone who I thought appeared a bit of a knobber, then I’d judge them. Unfairly maybe, but I’m only human."

Thing is, what if the knobber veris were hidden

By *osey WalesMan 9 weeks ago

Surrey

Is this why i have never seen anyone display their friends lists ?

By *ipsforlipsMan 9 weeks ago

Nuneaton

"Yes

No

No"

says it all for me

"Yes, of course it does.

If I am going to be the verification of the day/week I’m not interested. Also if the previous people follow a pattern/type and I am not part of that pattern/type…

I don’t think it’s wrong, not at all. Everyone is free to meet whomever they like using whatever criteria they see fit.

"

That's how I see it. But I don't think people always like it. I'm not interested in being veri of the week, in being a swinger... it doesn't mean I think less of the person it's just... not for me (or you!) And there's nothing wrong with that. At all.

"Is this why i have never seen anyone display their friends lists ?"
the.

Noooo... you can have friends on here, yep, even here, that you don't smush bits against. :D

I do it because I like keeping things relatively private and also past experience has taught me to be more erm... low key. :D

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 9 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Previous, no. Current, possibly. There are some toes I'm reluctant to step on.

If someone judges me for past choices without knowing the context or circumstances that's on them. I'd rather get the blatant incompatibility out of the way early 💜

"Previous, no. Current, possibly. There are some toes I'm reluctant to step on.

If someone judges me for past choices without knowing the context or circumstances that's on them. I'd rather get the blatant incompatibility out of the way early 💜"

Why are you reluctant to step on toes in your six inchers? Is it because of positive or negative reasons?

I think that's what it comes down to really. If things align. How you judge, view things, what's important to you, how compatible or not you are with another. How it's handled is important but the main thing is... would it work?

Yes, maybe, no… erm…. Depends; on the WHO it was and if they made me feel inadequate in some way. There are few here, where I see a veri from a specific chap, and I immediately change course.😞

However for the right woman, with the right connection, magic, spark, etc….. I might see past it. Depends on how confident she’s helping me feel. 🌹

No. My hang ups are my hang ups. I own it. 🍻

No, I auto-assume that before any form of positive response anyway. 👌 which isn’t the advice I give to others, my own self talk undoes mine!

Chad ThunderCock"

Ha, I do the same. Why is it we advise people differently to how we talk to ourselves? I'm far too fond of assuming it's a platonic friendship, nothing more. Quick to believe that. I guess it's a daft form of self preservation.

Sorry to read that there's one who immediately makes you change course... is that a firm no always or does it depend on who the woman is?

It's interesting you say how confident *she's* helping you feel. Confident in you with her?

Glasgow

Nah, that’s because you can only see them on desktop, not mobile.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 9 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Why are you reluctant to step on toes in your six inchers? Is it because of positive or negative reasons? "

The area I live in has a very small population. There are women that I know have similar styles and similar tastes to me, that have taken issue with me seeing the people they're seeing previously.

It's an unfortunate overlap. It has caused several large fallings out and a lot of jealousy and anger over the years.

I don't want to be seen as actively targeting their partners. Nor do I actually want to cause them any additional hurt knowing how they already feel about me.

That said. For one of my dearest partners, I had to suck it up and have the grown up conversation with his nesting partner when I knew she had some issues with me previously. Because I knew that connection was worth at least trying to repair that relationship 💜

By *4bimMan 9 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

If I see a verification from someone I avoid on a profile instantly I move on and will not have anything to do with them.

By *ony MannMan 9 weeks ago

Wallop

Once I turn someone down because they had a verification from a couple who insisted on bb with everyone and had taken timeout...Guess why.

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

Yes.

By *ansoffateMan 9 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

It's unlikely to have a significant influence on my decision. I do try to take people as I find them.

No I don't think it's a bad thing, it's a person's choice.

If we had an established relationship that's was going well I'd find it a bit bewildering and possibly could feel hurt. That's mine to own though. Otherwise no I'd probably be glad it happened then.

By *urry BlokeMan 9 weeks ago

I can't even remember who I've shagged over the years, let alone have it written down somewhere for someone to ponder over and make a decision on me based on it

Maybe me not knowing who I've shagged and when would be enough for them to decide I was out of the running?

By *onkeynutWoman 9 weeks ago

somewhere

Yes absolutely. I always look at veris if available and have been put off numerous times.

No & no.

By *trawberry lacesWoman 9 weeks ago

angus

"Yes

No

No

What they said "

I third that

By *agicM53XMan 9 weeks ago

Orpington

😅 reminds me of that time the Internet tried to cancel Henry Cavill for dating Gina Carano in the past

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 9 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Yes

No

No"

Agreed.

But on the flip side, a man who asked me to verify me repeatedly hid then unhid my veri. When I asked him why he said it would be because he was pursuing someone and didn’t want her to judge him because of me.

Ouch, block.

By *arla SwingerWoman 9 weeks ago

Somewhere

I find the whole veri concept extremely weird. It's not like I'd discuss who I've met/had sex with with all and sundry in my off Fab life... Yet here some people are displaying it for any old randomer to read 🫠

By *innie The MinxWoman 9 weeks ago

Under the Duvet

In the olden days if you picked someone up in a club or the yoghurt aisle in ASDA they rarely came with a written resume of previous partners.

Oh the good old days

By *4bimMan 9 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"Yes

No

No

Agreed.

But on the flip side, a man who asked me to verify me repeatedly hid then unhid my veri. When I asked him why he said it would be because he was pursuing someone and didn’t want her to judge him because of me.

Ouch, block. "

Oh no. Really?

That's despicable

By *ustful_LionessWoman 9 weeks ago

Heaven-sent

"Yes

No

No"

This ☝️

And I have had people take it badly when I’ve explained

By *dam1971Man 9 weeks ago

Bedford

"In the olden days if you picked someone up in a club or the yoghurt aisle in ASDA they rarely came with a written resume of previous partners.

Oh the good old days "

There often wasn’t time for me, it’s not far from the yoghurt aisle to behind the bins.

#KeepItClassy

By *rispyDuckMan 9 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Maybe 🤔

No

No

By *restonguy1981Man 9 weeks ago

preston

We all have a past, the past most definitely should be left where it needs to be.

But it wouldn’t stop me if the connection between us was there though.

After all….its not their ex id be spending time with.

Live in the present, embrace exactly all you want with who you truly want to embrace it with 🥰

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 9 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Yes

No

No

Agreed.

Ouch, block.

Oh no. Really?

That's despicable "

Right? I choosing to think of it as he didn’t want her to be intimidated by me 😜🤣🤪

» Add a new message to this topic