FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Abortion versus Dignitas.

Abortion versus Dignitas.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ermite12uk OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

What say you? Can't think of a worse way of putting it unfortunately...but what is more important in terms of human rights: An embryos rights not to be terminated. (Thinking of Catholicism or the USA) Or, an end of life situation. Where quality of life is awful.

I'm very much for both. Let the mother make the decision. (Not sure how to word the other in terms of how do you make it squeaky clean and stop the Harold Shipmans of this world.)

But if you can take an animal to a vets. Surely if someone wants to end their life. For health reasons. They should be able to, and not have to travel to the Netherlands or Switzerland?

Before anyone asks....As Alison Moyet once said. I'm OK.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ermite12uk OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Oops. I think this should have been in the lounge. Apologies.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Central

Often discussed here. Adults should have full control of their body and life, including if they want to end it.

Abortion should be an absolute right for a woman. It is disgusting what's happened in the USA, since Trump unbalanced the legal system, with Judges appointed. A foetus is not equivalent to a living person.

By *ora the explorerWoman 10 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I was discussing this yesterday funnily enough. The terminally ill should be allowed to yes. It’s a really difficult one though and full of “what ifs”.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 10 weeks ago

your head

Both should be legal. Why can't adults have full autonomy over their bodies?

By *nnCeeWoman 10 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

"Both should be legal. Why can't adults have full autonomy over their bodies? "

Absolutely this

By *atricia ParnelWoman 10 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

Too many like having control over other people's lives, under the guise of "pro life human rights"

Both should be legal and easily obtained.

By *naswingdressWoman 10 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

The right to both should be absolute, with safeguarding to ensure that the decision is being made without coercion.

By *icecouple561Couple 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wouldn't ask someone to continue with a life unless I was prepared to fully support them financially and emotionally in that decision until it came to a natural end.

By *ycanNightsMan 10 weeks ago

Workington

Absolutely this...

By *essTTWoman 10 weeks ago

Birmingham

My friend works in a elderly care home and she said the amount of people who try to commit suicide is astonishing because they're so old/unwell that they just don't want to carry on any more.

If people have all their faculties that should absolutely be allowed to make that decision

By *teveanddebsCouple 10 weeks ago

Norwich

The big difference between abortion and Dignitas is that at Dignitas the person makes an informed decision to die!

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 10 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Both should be absolutely legal.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 28/07/24 15:34:44]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My friend works in a elderly care home and she said the amount of people who try to commit suicide is astonishing because they're so old/unwell that they just don't want to carry on any more.

If people have all their faculties that should absolutely be allowed to make that decision "

My mum continually said she'd lived too long and she wished she could hurry up and die. We had a horrible and difficult conversation when she was in her last week's that I wouldn't wish on anybody.

In her final hours she was given a pump with 'stuff ' in it that quieted her distress and I'm grateful for that.

However I wouldn't want to pass the responsibility for making decisions on to individuals who have to live with the consequences

By *acktopervMan 10 weeks ago

Stourport-On-Severn

When my wife had Liver cancer, she knew and was fully aware it was terminal. She was also was fully aware she didn't have long to live. We did discuss "end of life" for some time, but, in the end the decision was her's. One night the pain was that bad that we called the district nurse and Morphine was injected. Anyone that has been through this knows that once Morphine is given, it takes the patient out of pain but it also starts the process of the rest of the body shutting down. We both knew this and said goodbye to each other as the needle went in. She died 3 days latter.

Doctors and nurses know this and if you make yourself aware of it, there really is no need for Dignitas in the UK. Health professionals are not "preserve life at all costs". They are human beings and can and will do the right thing at the right time.

What they won't do is rush that process well before it would normally happen.

» Add a new message to this topic