FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Japan

Japan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reggSausage OP   Man 11 weeks ago

derby

No not the band the place, anyone been, it looks fascinating, where is in your travel bucket list

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmaleiaWoman 11 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

Best band ever though …

By *rimson_RoseWoman 11 weeks ago

Tamworth

I went in 2019, it was a great place, can't wait to go back. The people were friendly and helpful, the food was great and there was loads to see and a real mix of history and modern.

I want to go to Switzerland - for someone close I've still not managed to get there.

By *iker JackMan 11 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"Best band ever though …"

David Sylvanian

By *weetCherryWoman 11 weeks ago

London

It’s first in my travel bucket list, I just need someone to go with

By *he love catsCouple 11 weeks ago

South Wales

Adolescent sex was a masterpiece.

By *rimson_RoseWoman 11 weeks ago

Tamworth

"It’s first in my travel bucket list, I just need someone to go with "

I went on my own and I felt incredibly safe.

By *weetCherryWoman 11 weeks ago

London

"It’s first in my travel bucket list, I just need someone to go with

I went on my own and I felt incredibly safe. "

Thanks for the insight! I’m sure it is, but it’s more to do with my neurodivergence and lack of motivation to do anything by myself other than being a couch potato

By *r.Vice GuyMan 11 weeks ago

bristol/london

"No not the band the place, anyone been, it looks fascinating, where is in your travel bucket list"

I lived in kyoto for a number of years and travelled around the country a lot whilst there. What would you like to know, OP?

By *cflirtyMan 11 weeks ago

closer than you might think

The place.. Nah

The group ... hell yeah

Just when I think I'm winning!

When I've broken every door!

By *ty31Man 11 weeks ago

NW London

It's an amazing place to visit, it's such a unique place and the Japanese people are so polite and helpful.

I've only done the touristy bits like Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima but I'd love to go back and visit Hokkaido and Okinawa.

--

Bucket list wise, I'd like to see Cambodia and Egypt

By *ddie1966Man 10 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

I've been very fortunate to visit many places, either with work or as a tourist.

I found the people of Japan to be extremely respectful and if to take time to at least try and speak the language, you're welcomed with open arms. The culture is amazing, the people incredibly Polite and the history..... We ain't got nothing like it. Cherry blossom in the spring in Hokiedo is utterly beautiful.

The next on my personal bucket list would be French Polynesia or the Solomon Islands.

By *a LunaWoman 10 weeks ago

South

Supposed to be a very safe place. I follow a lady on Tik Tok who has moved there.

Would like to have visited there actually, but unlikely now as even the thought of a long haul flight makes me want to weep.

By *lecom1Couple 10 weeks ago

Stornoway

We were based in Nagoya for 15 years great place for going to the mountains and the hot springs. Go back there every now and then to catch up with friends and family

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 10 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

Everybody knows Japan is a dishpan..

By *ripfillMan 10 weeks ago

havant

Travelled and worked in Japan it’s a must country to visit

The variety is amazing from tropical to desert

It’s incredibly safe and travel is a joy - precise and on time

Its rich history and architecture is amazing.

Obviously there are key places to visit but when you consider the topography of the islands it’s populated on the costal fringes

It’s a must go place I urge you to go

Get a rail pass JNR in the uk it saves a lot of money in passing

👍

By *achel SmythTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Farnborough

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian"

Life in Tokyo xx

By *radleywigginsMan 10 weeks ago

northwest

Amazing how you get an idea of what you think a country might be like before you go. I’d never fancied it.

I’ve travelled pretty much everywhere and Japan was way down the list. I thought it would be too weird, too difficult to communicate, too repressed, have too little real (old) culture and be cripplingly expensive.

Then I went. Completely by accident

And I loved it

It’s weird, but you work it out quickly. It’s repressed and the people may appear to be shy and reserved but that means you never worry about personal safety. Just copy them and nobody gets offended or makes a big deal of it. Everything now is written in English and translate apps sort out everything. Getting around is a doddle and the transport really works and is properly integrated. You won’t see vandalism violence or graffiti anywhere. And, for now at least it is CHEAP! The currency has bombed so there is never going to be a better time to go.

I flew to Osaka purely by chance and ended up staying more than a week, but could probably have had a month and not been bored. The region is super well connected. A bullet train to Kyoto (25 miles) takes 13 mins!

There’s 1000 yr old stuff and 22nd century stuff right next to each other. There are superb art galleries and world class museums everywhere. The museum of cup noodles where you can make your own pot noodle is a must! Kyoto has temples and castles by the dozen and I caught the end of the cherry blossom but missed the geisha festival and the sumo by a week. Best time to go, end of March.

Osaka also had a swingers club!!!

If you’ve got tattoos you’ll not be going to the traditional saunas, tats are associated with Mafia.

I felt very lucky to have been to Japan without having to go to Tokyo. Osaka is cool and has a perfect second/third city vibe. I loved it. I will be going to Japan again, next time I’ll take the snowboards, have a look at Tokyo and head south for the cherry blossoms slightly earlier in the spring.

Hope that inspires

By *ynamicnatureMan 10 weeks ago

Doncaster

I visited Osaka, Kyoto and Tokashima.

Like others have posted it's an incredible country to visit.

Very safe, clean,more history than you can poke a stick at and the food will blow your mind,

Japanese women are smoking hot btw,

By *ablo minibar123Woman 10 weeks ago

I would love to go to south Korea

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 10 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

[Removed by poster at 28/07/24 08:56:37]

By *mmaleiaWoman 10 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

"いいえ、行ったことはありません"

A den in the Glen

"いいえ、行ったことはありません

"

Oh you were fast there!

By *ongAndThick123Man 10 weeks ago

Leeds

"No not the band the place, anyone been, it looks fascinating, where is in your travel bucket list"

Yeah I’ve been 4 times so far. It’s a great place. Just make sure to be respectful and assimilate into their way of life. Japanese people are very considerate and kind (mostly), but they’re also reserved and will hide their true emotions, so you may not know when they are upset.

Lately they’ve been suffering quite badly from poorly behaved foreigners and have even shut off certain areas to tourists (like Gion, in Kyoto. Or some of the bars in Golden Gai in Tokyo). So don’t be one of those tourists, which I’m sure you won’t. Just something to be aware of.

By *ongAndThick123Man 10 weeks ago

Leeds

"I would love to go to south Korea "

South Korea is great, but it’s also weird at times. There’s a strange undercurrent of sadness running through things. At least that’s how I felt all the times I was there.

It’s a lot of fun though! Just be prepared for a massive culture shock. It’s westernised, but not as much as Japan and the language barrier is huge.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Apparently I’m big there.

"I would love to go to south Korea "

Fascinating part of the world. It’s where electronica is nature. People are lovely and very welcoming.

You’ll love it!

A den in the Glen

"I would love to go to south Korea

South Korea is great, but it’s also weird at times. There’s a strange undercurrent of sadness running through things. At least that’s how I felt all the times I was there.

It’s a lot of fun though! Just be prepared for a massive culture shock. It’s westernised, but not as much as Japan and the language barrier is huge."

You do realise south is down?

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx"

Let’s not forget the Vapours?

By *achel SmythTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Farnborough

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Let’s not forget the Vapours?"

Turning Japanese!

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese! "

I really think so.......

A den in the Glen

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese! "

Is there anyone on here that seriously doesn't know what the meaning of that wonderful song is about?

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Is there anyone on here that seriously doesn't know what the meaning of that wonderful song is about?"

Seriously?

"I went in 2019, it was a great place, can't wait to go back. The people were friendly and helpful, the food was great and there was loads to see and a real mix of history and modern.

I want to go to Switzerland - for someone close I've still not managed to get there. "

Did you fuck any Japanese badboys?

A den in the Glen

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Is there anyone on here that seriously doesn't know what the meaning of that wonderful song is about?

Seriously?"

There will always be one. Too scared to ask. Others relieved when the answer is given!

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Is there anyone on here that seriously doesn't know what the meaning of that wonderful song is about?"

To be honest it was composed in the 1980s when bands had their 15 mins of fame. I seem to recall it’s linked to being jilted?

In any event I am surrounded by cyclone rangers!

A den in the Glen

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

To be honest it was composed in the 1980s when bands had their 15 mins of fame. I seem to recall it’s linked to being jilted?

In any event I am surrounded by cyclone rangers!"

Haha I know your game Mr

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 10 weeks ago

Essex

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Seriously?

There will always be one. Too scared to ask. Others relieved when the answer is given!"

The band have denied that for years and years though…

A den in the Glen

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Seriously?

There will always be one. Too scared to ask. Others relieved when the answer is given!

The band have denied that for years and years though…"

Just believe Misty. Just believe!

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 10 weeks ago

Essex

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Seriously?

Just believe Misty. Just believe!"

I believe in nothing anymore. My once youthful faith has been worn down. I’m now a distrusting, shrivelled cynic. Wary of Australian Universities. Scared of cyberpunks & chem trails.

Anyone have any tin foil I can borrow (although I’ll probably die from aluminium poisoning)

By *hilloutMan 10 weeks ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I have a fascination with the country and its unique culture.

I love the way the language sounds phonetically. I've read and heard from multiple people the country is very clean and safe. It's people very polite and respectful.

The only drawback is how expensive and far away it is.

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

In any event I am surrounded by cyclone rangers!

Haha I know your game Mr

"

My game?

I have got you turning up and turning down, I'm turning in, I'm turning 'round type of game?

"Best band ever though …

David Sylvanian

Life in Tokyo xx

Turning Japanese!

Seriously?

Just believe Misty. Just believe!

I believe in nothing anymore. My once youthful faith has been worn down. I’m now a distrusting, shrivelled cynic. Wary of Australian Universities. Scared of cyberpunks & chem trails.

Anyone have any tin foil I can borrow (although I’ll probably die from aluminium poisoning)"

On a slightly happier note the sun is out the sky is blue.........and it’s very nearly time to go out for a run!

"I have a fascination with the country and its unique culture.

I love the way the language sounds phonetically. I've read and heard from multiple people the country is very clean and safe. It's people very polite and respectful.

The only drawback is how expensive and far away it is."

There was a young man from Japan

Whose limericks never could scan

When told so

He said yes I know

But in true Japanese tradition I always try and usually succeed to get as many words in the last line as I possibly can.

By *a LunaWoman 10 weeks ago

South

"Amazing how you get an idea of what you think a country might be like before you go. I’d never fancied it.

I’ve travelled pretty much everywhere and Japan was way down the list. I thought it would be too weird, too difficult to communicate, too repressed, have too little real (old) culture and be cripplingly expensive.

Then I went. Completely by accident

And I loved it

It’s weird, but you work it out quickly. It’s repressed and the people may appear to be shy and reserved but that means you never worry about personal safety. Just copy them and nobody gets offended or makes a big deal of it. Everything now is written in English and translate apps sort out everything. Getting around is a doddle and the transport really works and is properly integrated. You won’t see vandalism violence or graffiti anywhere. And, for now at least it is CHEAP! The currency has bombed so there is never going to be a better time to go.

I flew to Osaka purely by chance and ended up staying more than a week, but could probably have had a month and not been bored. The region is super well connected. A bullet train to Kyoto (25 miles) takes 13 mins!

There’s 1000 yr old stuff and 22nd century stuff right next to each other. There are superb art galleries and world class museums everywhere. The museum of cup noodles where you can make your own pot noodle is a must! Kyoto has temples and castles by the dozen and I caught the end of the cherry blossom but missed the geisha festival and the sumo by a week. Best time to go, end of March.

Osaka also had a swingers club!!!

If you’ve got tattoos you’ll not be going to the traditional saunas, tats are associated with Mafia.

I felt very lucky to have been to Japan without having to go to Tokyo. Osaka is cool and has a perfect second/third city vibe. I loved it. I will be going to Japan again, next time I’ll take the snowboards, have a look at Tokyo and head south for the cherry blossoms slightly earlier in the spring.

Hope that inspires"

It does

By *eroLondonMan 10 weeks ago

Mayfair

Having read this thread I have to say that I am in awe of all those who have been to Japan.🎌

I would love to go to Japan.

I've never been, therefore I haven't lived.

That aside my childhood wouldn't have been complete without the androgyny of Mick Karn, David Sylvian et al. 🎶🎶

By *viatrixWoman 10 weeks ago

Redhill

My visiting of Japan has been very fleeting and limited, but I have loved every minute of it. I’ve been to Tokyo, Yokohama, Odawara, Kamakura and the Hakone National Park, home of many onsen places.

My favourite has been Hakone hands down. I hope to visit Hokkaido and Sapporo sometime.

» Add a new message to this topic