FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sandwiches pre-made.

Sandwiches pre-made.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ansoffate OP   Man 7 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

You know the normal folk slumming it ones. Two slices of bread, cut in triangles, you buy from Tesco, Lidl, spar - or Pret to be inclusive to Nero.

Which ones are the best?

Is it the BLT or the humble cheese and onion.

Do you have that pang of buyer's remorse, as I do, when you open it to discover it's a bit soggy and all the filling was pushed the front?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arla SwingerWoman 7 weeks ago

Somewhere

Sainsbury's New Yorker - Pastrami, tomatoes, Emmental cheese, gherkins, mustard mayonnaise and spinach on dark rye bread.

Also M&S do very nice sarnies & their cloudy lemonade is top notch

By *mmaleiaWoman 7 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

Chicken salad

By *ardigan SpiceWoman 7 weeks ago

Cardigan/Aberystwyth

Coronation chicken but only with sultanas in the sauce - lush

By *he love catsCouple 7 weeks ago

South Wales

Going to have to be Greggs for me, they do a spicy mexican chicken one which has spicy cheese and medium spicy chillies, it's lush to be fair.

By *restonguy1981Man 7 weeks ago

preston

Prawn mayo on malted bread!!!

By far the best sandwich on earth 🤤🤤🤤

By *allySlinkyWoman 7 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Also M&S do very nice sarnies & their cloudy lemonade is top notch "

M & S Wensleydale with carrot chutney.

By *vaRose43Woman 7 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

"

M & S Wensleydale with carrot chutney. "

I was about to say the same thing. I haven’t had one in years but it used to be made on walnut bread and it was delicious

By *oxy jWoman 7 weeks ago

somerset

simple for me none i avoid food like this ...

Sagittarius A

"Sainsbury's New Yorker - Pastrami, tomatoes, Emmental cheese, gherkins, mustard mayonnaise and spinach on dark rye bread.

Also M&S do very nice sarnies & their cloudy lemonade is top notch "

Ooh hello. I don't usually got to Sainsbury's you may have just put them back on the map for me. That's got a real Reuben feel to it and the spinach, nice touch. Thank you. I will look out for that one. 😊

By *illy IdolMan 7 weeks ago

Midlands

It's always tuna and sweetcorn left on the shelf. Who picks that?

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 7 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

Coronation chicken, all the way. Ideally on some new fangled, bourgeois bread

By *eliWoman 7 weeks ago

I don't eat them. I do really want to try Sandwich Sandwich now it's finally opened up in London though.:D

I like Pret's sparkling apple juice though - it's sparkling water and apple juice and it's so refreshing.

Sometimes I'll have a cheese and tomato croissant.

The absolute worst premade sandwich? Tuna mayo. Even more so with sweetcorn in it.

By *olinOfBathMan 7 weeks ago

Corsham

What? Seriously? People really do buy sandwiches, rather than making their own?

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

"

M & S Wensleydale with carrot chutney. "

Sally is trying to be all posh 😘

preston

"I don't eat them. I do really want to try Sandwich Sandwich now it's finally opened up in London though.:D

I like Pret's sparkling apple juice though - it's sparkling water and apple juice and it's so refreshing.

The absolute worst premade sandwich? Tuna mayo. Even more so with sweetcorn in it."

Cheese and cara_elised onion croissants are out of this world 🤤

Tomato I’m a little fussy with so I tend to make my own fillings for a croissant and that combination works very well 🤤

By *eardedbloke300Man 7 weeks ago

cardiff

New York deli in Cardiff city centre (think it's closed now)

The Ruben's from there was amazing

Sagittarius A

"What? Seriously? People really do buy sandwiches, rather than making their own?"

It's the future Colin, like smart motorways, sliced bread and the gramophone.

Join the revolution

By *vaRose43Woman 7 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

"I don't eat them. I do really want to try Sandwich Sandwich now it's finally opened up in London though.:D

The absolute worst premade sandwich? Tuna mayo. Even more so with sweetcorn in it."

Sandwich sandwich is the dogs bollocks

preston

The absolute worst premade sandwich? Tuna mayo. Even more so with sweetcorn in it.

Sandwich sandwich is the dogs bollocks"

I’ll give it a miss if they serve dogs bollocks 😳😳😳

By *cLovin2Man 7 weeks ago

Reading

Cheese and onion, simply bangin

By *he love catsCouple 7 weeks ago

South Wales

"What? Seriously? People really do buy sandwiches, rather than making their own?"

Yes because I will grab a coffee with it if I feel hungry or maybe I won't depends on my appetite, I wouldn't wish to make some at home take a flask etc and waste them, I only tend to eat if I'm hungry. It's convenient otherwise I will be taking them home having my dinner and binning them.

By *ildo_swagginsthe3rdWoman 7 weeks ago

Wales

Brie bacon and cranberry

By *ell GwynnWoman 7 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"

M & S Wensleydale with carrot chutney.

I was about to say the same thing. I haven’t had one in years but it used to be made on walnut bread and it was delicious "

I loved that one. Do they still even do it?

By *B69Woman 7 weeks ago

Wiltshire

M&S prawn cocktail sarnie is a good one, never soggy considering the sauce

Sagittarius A

"It's always tuna and sweetcorn left on the shelf. Who picks that? "

It's a grim option isn't it? It feels quite end of the road. Even with the 69p whoopsie reduced label on it.

You know that bread is going to be a sloppy mess too.

"

Do you have that pang of buyer's remorse, as I do, when you open it to discover it's a bit soggy and all the filling was pushed the front?"

This is exactly why I do not eat sandwiches or meal deals. The sogginess isn’t something I can get on with.

By *olinOfBathMan 7 weeks ago

Corsham

I might try one, if I could be assured that it contains no butter, margarine, mayonnaise...

Sagittarius A

I have no idea what Sandwich Sandwich is but I will be looking it up. I feel the same way about Wendy's, my bro tells me they have 3 in Hull now, there's no justice.

Look at me straying off topic, even on my own Sandwich thread. At least I'm aware, not sure if that makes it better or worse though? 🤔

I like the sound of Pret's Appletiser, I usually lean towards lime or ginger for refreshment, but that does sound good.

I like my croissants freshly baked with butter and jam. 🫠

By *eliWoman 7 weeks ago

"It's always tuna and sweetcorn left on the shelf. Who picks that?

It's a grim option isn't it? It feels quite end of the road. Even with the 69p whoopsie reduced label on it.

You know that bread is going to be a sloppy mess too."

I'm going to step in and defend the humble tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (despite my previous comment).

With a TandS you know what you're getting. It contains some of that oily fish goodness which is not only great for your brain, it's also great for joints (and considering the vast majority of users are middle aged plus, that's really important so you can carry on doing the sexy sex stuff). And it's often on brown bread which is great for making sure you're not bloated during the sexy sex stuff.

So less slandering the TandS.

Thank you.

Sagittarius A

"It's always tuna and sweetcorn left on the shelf. Who picks that?

You know that bread is going to be a sloppy mess too.

I'm going to step in and defend the humble tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (despite my previous comment).

With a TandS you know what you're getting. It contains some of that oily fish goodness which is not only great for your brain, it's also great for joints (and considering the vast majority of users are middle aged plus, that's really important so you can carry on doing the sexy sex stuff). And it's often on brown bread which is great for making sure you're not bloated during the sexy sex stuff.

So less slandering the TandS.

Thank you."

It's a fair point and well justified. Let me just state for the record that I think Tuna mayo has its place, if freshly prepared. Even with sweetcorn (that was painful). It doesn't keep well on the shelf though, in that context I stand firm by my initial comment - it's a grim option.

As a middle aged man I thank you kindly for the joint and sexy stuff advice. Who knows next time I may swallow my pride and eat the last squashed tuna mayo and sweetcorn sandwich on the petrol station shelf at 2am. In honour of you dear Meli.

By *ickshawedCouple 7 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

It's very rare I'll have a pre made sandwich. If we get lunch out and about it's often a french bread and a pack of sliced meat, and we make our own.

But if I do get one, I make sure to get the meal deal and the most expensive sandwich it includes

By *4bimMan 7 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

i got caught out yesterday and had a bacon with jammy ketchup sandwich.

wasnt bad, bit messy but ok

Sagittarius A

"It's very rare I'll have a pre made sandwich. If we get lunch out and about it's often a french bread and a pack of sliced meat, and we make our own.

But if I do get one, I make sure to get the meal deal and the most expensive sandwich it includes "

That gave me a proper chuckle 😆, I'd so do that too.

By *onnyJohnMan 7 weeks ago

Doncaster

"You know the normal folk slumming it ones. Two slices of bread, cut in triangles, you buy from Tesco, Lidl, spar - or Pret to be inclusive to Nero.

Which ones are the best?

Do you have that pang of buyer's remorse, as I do, when you open it to discover it's a bit soggy and all the filling was pushed the front?"

Nope, won't do them, make my own..

Best one, crusty roll/cob/bap whatever you wanna call it, Frazzles and dairylea

Trust me

Sagittarius A

"You know the normal folk slumming it ones. Two slices of bread, cut in triangles, you buy from Tesco, Lidl, spar - or Pret to be inclusive to Nero.

Which ones are the best?

Do you have that pang of buyer's remorse, as I do, when you open it to discover it's a bit soggy and all the filling was pushed the front?

Trust me "

Does it have to be Frazzles, can I cheap out and go Asda Bacon Flavoured corn based snack bites?

I think I'm ready to give this a try now.

By *eroLondonMan 7 weeks ago

Mayfair

My favourite is Pret's "Posh Cheddar and Pickle Baguette" and their "Crayfish and Rocket" sandwich. Although for the latter I tend to pop an antihistamine pill before consuming.

By *urls and DressesWoman 7 weeks ago

Somewhere near here

Chicken, bacon and stuffing. Not had a pre made sandwich in forever though

By *atricia ParnelWoman 7 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

Hoisin duck wraps are the best

By *ony MannMan 7 weeks ago

Wallop

I fancy a wrap.

Doncaster

Which ones are the best?

Trust me

Does it have to be Frazzles, can I cheap out and go Asda Bacon Flavoured corn based snack bites?

I think I'm ready to give this a try now. "

Oh come on, there is no substitute for Frazzles, perhaps with the exception of Smiths Bacon Fries, the ones generally in the pub... But No, stop being cheap! Lol

Doncaster

PS - there are two ways to eat them, one freshly made, nice and crunchy or two, leave for at least an hour, ideally two, and the Frazzles become chewy but retain the flavour.

Sagittarius A

"

This is exactly why I do not eat sandwiches or meal deals. The sogginess isn’t something I can get on with. "

I hear you. This may be over engineering, but if they could use some kind of desiccant to prevent the sogginess, then that person would make a fortune.

By *oeBeansMan 7 weeks ago

Derby

"I fancy a wrap."

I always tend to get a wrap too. Either chicken fajita or southern fried chicken 😋

"

This is exactly why I do not eat sandwiches or meal deals. The sogginess isn’t something I can get on with.

I hear you. This may be over engineering, but if they could use some kind of desiccant to prevent the sogginess, then that person would make a fortune."

A simple plastic sheet or even more simplistically, separating the bread from the filling and allowing the buyer to fill their own sandwich at the moment of consumption.

By *heBigLibowskiMan 7 weeks ago

Hampshire

Co-op had some a few years ago which were:

*bread (obvs)

*cured meat (prosciutto and salami)

*rocket salad

*mozzarella

*cracked black pepper

Absolutely blew my mind.

I just buy the ingredients from Lidl every few weeks for a few pounds and have banging sandwiches half the week.

By *aygallaMan 7 weeks ago

newton aycliffe

If you want a dry sandwich you have to accept and choose the inevitable…. Ham and cheese 🤣🤣

Sagittarius A

"

I hear you. This may be over engineering, but if they could use some kind of desiccant to prevent the sogginess, then that person would make a fortune.

A simple plastic sheet or even more simplistically, separating the bread from the filling and allowing the buyer to fill their own sandwich at the moment of consumption. "

A mechanical option would be better in many ways. There would always be those people that just bit into the plastic though. Maybe it could be attached to the box, or perhaps a kind of film or pocket around the filing that slides out.

There's a patent in there somewhere. Groundbreaking sandwich tech, it could change the world.

By *milyRose321TV/TS 7 weeks ago

Derry, Ireland

Not matter where but BLT yes and taco chicken with cheese plus do like a Irish ham and cheese with English Branson yummy

By *nnCeeWoman 7 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

"

I hear you. This may be over engineering, but if they could use some kind of desiccant to prevent the sogginess, then that person would make a fortune."

It's called butter...

By *nnCeeWoman 7 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

I used to love a Meal Deal every now and again. As someone else said, I'd always make sure I chose the most expensive combination, to get as much value for money.

There is definitely something about eating a sandwich you've not made yourself.

But yes, am normally happier to make my own.

These days, I can't have most of the drinks which are offered, or the snack (crisps or chocolate don't sit well anymore). If I do buy a sandwich, I now remove one slice of bread (2 triangles) and reassemble the sandwich with double filling/half the bread.

My favourites would be BLT, Chicken and Bacon, Chicken Salad. Or perhaps a prawn mayo. Or beef and horseradish with rocket, from M&S. Used to to love a club sandwich - all the fillings!! 😋😋

By *ed VoluptaWoman 7 weeks ago

Wirral.

I do love a good sandwich but sadly, I can never buy off the shelf as I hate butter/marg/mayo. 🤢

Occasionally, I find a Hoi Sin duck wrap, but it's rare.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

They're mostly very poor, typically with too much mayonnaise .

I hate the uneven distribution of contents too. Tons in the middle, that you can see at the cut part and almost nothing to large parts

I do pop them in a grill, to make them more interesting, a lot of the time.

I should be in their focus groups testing this shite.

By *londebiguyMan 7 weeks ago

Southport

"Prawn mayo on malted bread!!!

By far the best sandwich on earth 🤤🤤🤤"

Agreed.

By *ayd100Man 7 weeks ago

clitheroe

Prefer a dick butty, with or without the bread

» Add a new message to this topic