FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I am listening

I am listening

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obilebottom OP   Man 10 weeks ago

All over

Well we often talk and hardly ever listen. So here I am. And a few others too, I am sure. We are all listening. Did someone upset you, are you not feeling great at the moment, did you win the lottery but have not told anyone yet, did you get a new pair of shoes and got blisters on your big toe, whatever it is, just talk (with respect and without causing offence)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

All over

Well, we are listening but nobody is talking. Yet

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

I was chatting to a very nice couple on FAB and suddenly they disappeared as in left the site.

I am now thinking was it me, was my dock not big enough. Did disclosing I live with my gran in a hotel on a hill a little off putting? Was I to eager for them to meet me on a social in the reptile section at the local zoo.

I am now deep in self analysis and wondering is it me?

Thoughts?

All over

[Removed by poster at 23/07/24 09:38:51]

All over

"I was chatting to a very nice couple on FAB and suddenly they disappeared as in left the site.

I am now thinking was it me, was my dock not big enough. Did disclosing I live with my gran in a hotel on a hill a little off putting? Was I to eager for them to meet me on a social in the reptile section at the local zoo.

Thoughts?"

Don't overthink it. It was not meant to be. Have a cup of tea, go for a walk and you will soon be talking to someine about the weather. Bus stops are very good for that.

"I was chatting to a very nice couple on FAB and suddenly they disappeared as in left the site.

Thoughts?

Don't overthink it. It was not meant to be. Have a cup of tea, go for a walk and you will soon be talking to someine about the weather. Bus stops are very good for that. "

Invaluable advice, I am glad I sought it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 10 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Thoughts?"

Hello Showpan,

I sense that you are blaming yourself for this happening and feel that you perhaps weren't able to offer what the others were looking for ?

Have I got that right ?

If so - what feelings did you attach to the event ?

By *icecouple561Couple 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mr MB. I am contemplating decluttering my clothes and craft supplies. Do you think this is wise or will I wake up one morning wanting to wear those trousers that only look ok if I don't sit down in them or looking for that oddly shaped piece of felt? Also if I do attempt it where to start?

By *midnight-Woman 10 weeks ago

I cried yesterday.. It didn't make me feel better

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I cried yesterday.. It didn't make me feel better "

can you do anything about the cause of you crying

By *eliWoman 10 weeks ago

Sending you love Midnight. Is there anything that can help or distract?

"I cried yesterday.. It didn't make me feel better

can you do anything about the cause of you crying "

Not really.. Just time and resilience x

Sending you love Midnight. Is there anything that can help or distract? "

Thank you Meli, I'm calm again today, i just need to ride the emotions i guess

All over

"Mr MB. I am contemplating decluttering my clothes and craft supplies. Do you think this is wise or will I wake up one morning wanting to wear those trousers that only look ok if I don't sit down in them or looking for that oddly shaped piece of felt? Also if I do attempt it where to start? "

I only just did that recently and still more to do. My advice is to think about it first a little, then consider what to do with them. Any you want to sell for a bit of dough for that extra latte, what to give to charity etc. Also containers, bags etc to put them in. Lastly do it little bit at a time and when you are not in a rush and enjoy reminising and thinking of all those memories they bring.

All over

I am sorry to hear. Crying can be good but does not always make you feel better or take away the issue that made you cry. A clear head and hood friendships and support networks usually do that. I hope today is a better day for you.

By *oxyBabes36Couple 10 weeks ago

Urmston

I miss someone today, he was a hurricane in my life at one point and today I’m feeling a little overtired and a smidge emotional thinking of him..

Thanks for listen/reading

Urmston

I did too.. and I’m still feeling it today. Sending you lots of virtual love xx

By *ell GwynnWoman 10 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Good morning MB.

I'm really angry today because my dad has sepsis for the 4th time since February. I'm angry because if the route cause of the problem had been operated on he wouldn't have to be going through this again. I'm so angry, because right now that's easier to deal with than being scared.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Mr MB. I am contemplating decluttering my clothes and craft supplies. Do you think this is wise or will I wake up one morning wanting to wear those trousers that only look ok if I don't sit down in them or looking for that oddly shaped piece of felt? Also if I do attempt it where to start?

I only just did that recently and still more to do. My advice is to think about it first a little, then consider what to do with them. Any you want to sell for a bit of dough for that extra latte, what to give to charity etc. Also containers, bags etc to put them in. Lastly do it little bit at a time and when you are not in a rush and enjoy reminising and thinking of all those memories they bring. "

I'll make some chocolate chip shortbread first then start on a drawer I think.

All over

"I miss someone today, he was a hurricane in my life at one point and today I’m feeling a little overtired and a smidge emotional thinking of him..

Thanks for listen/reading "

Sorry to hear but also is ok to do that. Lots of special ones we all miss from time to time spe d a bit of time to do that even if it hurts a litlle. Then find a good distraction, going off out for cake often helps.

All over

"Mr MB. I am contemplating decluttering my clothes and craft supplies. Do you think this is wise or will I wake up one morning wanting to wear those trousers that only look ok if I don't sit down in them or looking for that oddly shaped piece of felt? Also if I do attempt it where to start?

I only just did that recently and still more to do. My advice is to think about it first a little, then consider what to do with them. Any you want to sell for a bit of dough for that extra latte, what to give to charity etc. Also containers, bags etc to put them in. Lastly do it little bit at a time and when you are not in a rush and enjoy reminising and thinking of all those memories they bring.

"

Excellent idea. Then make a cuppa, grab some shortbread and off you go for a little chat with the gnome. How is he btw?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Excellent idea. Then make a cuppa, grab some shortbread and off you go for a little chat with the gnome. How is he btw? "

He's been abducted by a fox and replaced with a left foot trainer and a rubber dog toy. Both left randomly in his place

I am sorry to hear. Crying can be good but does not always make you feel better or take away the issue that made you cry. A clear head and hood friendships and support networks usually do that. I hope today is a better day for you. "

Thank you MB

I did too.. and I’m still feeling it today. Sending you lots of virtual love xx "

We are maybe in similar spaces xxx

All over

"Good morning MB.

I'm really angry today because my dad has sepsis for the 4th time since February. I'm angry because if the route cause of the problem had been operated on he wouldn't have to be going through this again. I'm so angry, because right now that's easier to deal with than being scared."

Oh, so sorry to hear. And is not fair at all for him or for you. Sadly these days health care is a bit of a lotto. I am not enering into an NHS debate and pf course there are great people in tbe NHS but unfortunately some of the doctors and consultants especially don't care much anymore and there is no continuity in someone's care when there is constantly someone different to see. Everybody just quickly diagnosing something, prescribes whatever and 2 years down the line the patient is not much further but worse in some cases. I hope it all goes ok for you this time. Thinking of you both x

All over

Excellent idea. Then make a cuppa, grab some shortbread and off you go for a little chat with the gnome. How is he btw?

He's been abducted by a fox and replaced with a left foot trainer and a rubber dog toy. Both left randomly in his place"

Omg

Thoughts?

Hello Showpan,

I sense that you are blaming yourself for this happening and feel that you perhaps weren't able to offer what the others were looking for ?

Have I got that right ?

If so - what feelings did you attach to the event ?"

Hello Granny

Yes I blame myself and clearly I cannot offer what others were seeking.

However I took the invaluable advice of the op and all my concerns just fell away. In so far as feelings were concerned it took me a good five minutes to forget the whole issue.

I have busied myself with household chores. You find me washing the bedding which I do once a year whether it needs it or not.

By *ell GwynnWoman 10 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"Oh, so sorry to hear. And is not fair at all for him or for you. Sadly these days health care is a bit of a lotto. I am not enering into an NHS debate and pf course there are great people in tbe NHS but unfortunately some of the doctors and consultants especially don't care much anymore and there is no continuity in someone's care when there is constantly someone different to see. Everybody just quickly diagnosing something, prescribes whatever and 2 years down the line the patient is not much further but worse in some cases. I hope it all goes ok for you this time. Thinking of you both x"

Thank you, MB.

And thanks for creating a space where I could vent x

All over

I am going off piste for a short while to get on with stuff but feel free to talk, lots of people listening and will respond.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 10 weeks ago

Southampton

"Well, we are listening but nobody is talking. Yet "

I only woke up half an hour ago... a 4 hour train journey turned into 8 and a half hour one yesterday!

Urmston

"I am going off piste for a short while to get on with stuff but feel free to talk, lots of people listening and will respond. "

Thankyou for this thread, it felt good to write that out in the open. I hope you have an A*mazing day x

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man 10 weeks ago

Stourbridge

I find a big poo helps me feel better.

All over

"Well, we are listening but nobody is talking. Yet

I only woke up half an hour ago... a 4 hour train journey turned into 8 and a half hour one yesterday! "

Those little things thay try us but make us stronger. I hope today is a lot better for you

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 10 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Thoughts?

Hello Showpan,

Have I got that right ?

Hello Granny

However I took the invaluable advice of the op and all my concerns just fell away. In so far as feelings were concerned it took me a good five minutes to forget the whole issue.

I have busied myself with household chores. You find me washing the bedding which I do once a year whether it needs it or not."

Buried yourself ? Is this to hide from this morning's experience showpan ?

By *ansoffateMan 10 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

You know how it is strikes and gutters MB.

All over

"You know how it is strikes and gutters MB."

You stay positive young man

Thoughts?

Hello Showpan,

Have I got that right ?

Hello Granny

I have busied myself with household chores. You find me washing the bedding which I do once a year whether it needs it or not.

Buried yourself ? Is this to hide from this morning's experience showpan ? "

Busied myself as in got busy.

This listening thing is difficult!

By *agatoXXXMan 10 weeks ago

Mordor

I'm not. Nobody listens to me.

All over

Anyone else who wants to be heard?

By *idssissyTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Birmingham

It's always nice to have people listen but if you feel you are spouting the same stuff over and over and feel like a broken record, it's sometimes hard to talk

All over

"It's always nice to have people listen but if you feel you are spouting the same stuff over and over and feel like a broken record, it's sometimes hard to talk "

I get that and in the end makes you feel you are not really listened so what is the point. Depends of course who you are talking to. Perhaps also talking yo someone else might help as they may be better listeners

» Add a new message to this topic