FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dream as a child....now you have adult money!

Dream as a child....now you have adult money!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ivemealadyboner OP   Woman 10 weeks ago

somewhere

When I used to holiday in Devon/Dorset a lot as a child, I would see loads of folk with fat willy surf shack stuff, car stickers, jumpers etc and I always wanted something but never dared ask my parents to go as I knew my dad would say "but you can't even swim, let alone surf!". I never gave up that dream of one day walking into one of their shops and purchasing a hoodie and car sticker.....

At the age of exactly 45, I achieved it, in Newquay no less! £48 well spent to achieve something I could never as a teenager!

So my question to you, what did you always want but never could but now we have adult money, you went ahead and did the thing?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uriousscouserWoman 10 weeks ago

Wirral

Hurrah! Enjoy it!

When I was a kid there was one girl in my class at school who had everything, up to and including an ET with a light-up finger and a cuddly toy mogwai that turned inside-out to become a gremlin.

Every day we all took in flasks of heavily overwatered orange squash to drink at lunchtime, but not her. She had a soda stream, and took in her branded soda stream bottle of pineappleade or cherryade or appleade, which she told us was delicious but none of us were allowed to taste in order to verify deliciousness.

I bought myself a soda stream in 2020. I don't use it very often, but every time I do I think to myself "fuck you *spoiled girl name*, fuck you".

Not that I hold a grudge at all.

somewhere

"Hurrah! Enjoy it!

When I was a kid there was one girl in my class at school who had everything, up to and including an ET with a light-up finger and a cuddly toy mogwai that turned inside-out to become a gremlin.

Every day we all took in flasks of heavily overwatered orange squash to drink at lunchtime, but not her. She had a soda stream, and took in her branded soda stream bottle of pineappleade or cherryade or appleade, which she told us was delicious but none of us were allowed to taste in order to verify deliciousness.

I bought myself a soda stream in 2020. I don't use it very often, but every time I do I think to myself "fuck you *spoiled girl name*, fuck you".

Not that I hold a grudge at all."

Brilliant!

By *glyBettyTV/TS 10 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

I still want a Neo-Geo games console, but it's unlikely to happen as originally they sold for about £600 with games costing between £100 & £300 each, and if eBay is anything to go by, they aren't actually much cheaper to get NOW

By *ortySwitchMan 10 weeks ago

london

"

...At the age of exactly 45, I achieved it, in Newquay no less! £48 well spent to achieve something I could never as a teenager!

"

And did you then eat at Senor Dicks before partying in Dirty Berties?

By *umfun24Man 10 weeks ago

wilmslow

I love this. Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, that Mk 2 RS2000 that I craved as a teenager, is if anything, now more out of reach than it was then ??

"Hurrah! Enjoy it!

I had a Soda Stream about 20 years ago. I used to see the adverts as a kid & really want one..

When I finally got one it was quite underwhelming, although I was once again able to experience fizzy Ribena for the first time since the old 1980s carbonated Ribena in a can inexplicably disappeared from shelves

By *ortySwitchMan 10 weeks ago

london

As a teenager, I wanted a buddlejet printer and a 486 DX 66. Admittedly, I eventually got amuch mor epowerfull computer in my later teens, but I always wanted one.

The thing I most want form my youth (despite having my youth back) would be the Aeroplane form Tailspin. I just love the fantasy of owning that plane in real life, donning a leather jacket, a cap and flaying around distant lands.

By *uriousscouserWoman 10 weeks ago

Wirral

"Hurrah! Enjoy it!

I had a Soda Stream about 20 years ago. I used to see the adverts as a kid & really want one..

When I finally got one it was quite underwhelming, although I was once again able to experience fizzy Ribena for the first time since the old 1980s carbonated Ribena in a can inexplicably disappeared from shelves"

Mine mostly gets used for fizzy vimto (and healing my deprived inner child, of course).

By *atricia ParnelWoman 10 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

My first adult paypacket went on a pair of doc martens, that I had coveted for years

"Hurrah! Enjoy it!

When I finally got one it was quite underwhelming, although I was once again able to experience fizzy Ribena for the first time since the old 1980s carbonated Ribena in a can inexplicably disappeared from shelves

Mine mostly gets used for fizzy vimto (and healing my deprived inner child, of course)."

I found it worked best with popular brand juice drinks, like Ribena, Robinson's Barley Water, Vimto etc

Those flavoured 'syrups' that came with the soda steam were absolutely rank

By *me2u2Man 10 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Hurrah! Enjoy it!

Haha brilliant ?? ??

By *ear in the chairMan 10 weeks ago

Godstone

As a kid I always wanted to keep reptiles...

As an adult I just did it, and lovely as they where, realised the wisdom of my parents always having said no!

By *naswingdressWoman 10 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

The first thing I bought with adult money was a nice mid range watch, from a jewellers. Still have it.

I was a strange child and always wanted a big glass and wood display cabinet like my grandparents had. BHF happened and I now have a much fancier version of them

somewhere

I'm loving all these x

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 10 weeks ago

Essex

Any branded icecream in single format from the shop freezer. Rather than a multipack “choc-ice” that we have at home…..

By *icecouple561Couple 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Clothes. As soon as I had money of my own I bought clothes in far too large quantities.

A whole mars bar. My mum used to cut mars bars in pieces and share them out. Every one of us bought whole mars bars as soon as we had money. I never buy them now though

By *8on33Man 10 weeks ago

winfrith

many things and I've done them all and I feel a sense of achievement.

By *ucyDiamondsTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Nottingham

When I was a kid and my mum used to take me to town we always used to walk past a furniture shop that had the Gabrielle designs paddington bears in the window.

I always wanted one but we weren't that well off so I never owned one.

As an adult I decided randomly that I would see if I could find them again and I managed to buy myself one on eBay.

Wasn't particularly cheap but he now stands on the sideboard.

Also he looks like Paddington is supposed to look and not like the modern bears seem to have become

By *orny PTMan 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Hurrah! Enjoy it!

Brilliant!"

The true meaning of bottling things up!

Peterborough

I've got a lot of my childhood tv programmes on DVD and a collection of die-cast jets and helicopters.

Peterborough

"Any branded icecream in single format from the shop freezer. Rather than a multipack “choc-ice” that we have at home….."

Which is a lot smaller.

» Add a new message to this topic