FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > From everywhere

From everywhere

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *estman for the job OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I hate it when profiles say from everywhere,close by,near you or just some random letter,how do they think it will help find people to meet if people haven't a clue how to get to u when searching

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellroseWoman 11 weeks ago

Brum

It’s called having a conversation

By *arlot o scaraWoman 11 weeks ago

Hell

I’m not really that bothered about people knowing where I am. If I like them, I’ll travel. Or they can travel.

Lincolnshire

"It’s called having a conversation "
but id your looking at a photoless profile and no exact location are u going to be inclined to start a chat when there's profile next to it with pic and location u can get too

Lincolnshire

"I’m not really that bothered about people knowing where I am. If I like them, I’ll travel. Or they can travel. "
but you have a pic that will get attention in or a blank profile with no real location

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

My locations bollocks.

I still find people.

By *cLovin2Man 11 weeks ago

Reading

"My locations bollocks.

I still find people."

Whilst you're down there, can you give mine a scratch.

By *elloWoman 11 weeks ago

alpha centauri

Doesn't the distance section of the profile give an indication of how far away the person is? Or do not all profiles have the distance showing?

My location isn't really alpha centauri but I can see we're 160+ miles away (210+ driving )

By *affron40Woman 11 weeks ago

manchester

I imagine it’s intentional to avoid chat…

By *till gameMan 11 weeks ago

two doors down

"My locations bollocks.

I still find people."

That sounds like a threat

Lincolnshire

"Doesn't the distance section of the profile give an indication of how far away the person is? Or do not all profiles have the distance showing?

My location isn't really alpha centauri but I can see we're 160+ miles away (210+ driving )"

but the distance indicator is shit I've had it say someone is x miles away but in reality they're a lot further,it's as crow flies but even then it's shit

By *elloWoman 11 weeks ago

alpha centauri

"Doesn't the distance section of the profile give an indication of how far away the person is? Or do not all profiles have the distance showing?

My location isn't really alpha centauri but I can see we're 160+ miles away (210+ driving )but the distance indicator is shit I've had it say someone is x miles away but in reality they're a lot further,it's as crow flies but even then it's shit"

Just checked my location with your location on Google maps and it says 170 miles so seems to be not too bad

By *assy LassieWoman 10 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"It’s called having a conversation but id your looking at a photoless profile and no exact location are u going to be inclined to start a chat when there's profile next to it with pic and location u can get too"

Use it as a filter and ignore the profile then. It's not rocket science

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 10 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Try not to get hung up on how others run their profiles. You have one of your own and you can organise that one.

If someone doesn't reveal where they are then it seems highly likely that they DO NOT WANT to turn up on searches.

It seems that they organise THEIR profile in a way that THEY want.

By *ealitybitesMan 10 weeks ago

Belfast

Why are you bothered about blank profiles?

If they don't have pics of the info you are looking for just move on to the next one.

I have an actual location on my profile but I'm an hour's drive away from Belfast and that's a deliberate choice.

By *vaRose43Woman 10 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

I don’t give my town on my profile. I live in an area that’s just all tiny villages and towns, so for discretions sake I’m not posting my full location. Bit of a difference in population for a member to say “Birmingham” vs me in my little town.

Yes the miles is as the crow flies. I know full well that means if someone is 10 miles away that could mean a 20 min drive or 90 min depending which side of the river they’re on. Such is life.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 10 weeks ago

Leeds

Many don't give true locations, mine isn't correct but it's close enough.

Look at the miles & knowing it's as the crow flies look for less.

Mrs

By *urls and DressesWoman 10 weeks ago

Somewhere near here

"I hate it when profiles say from everywhere,close by,near you or just some random letter,how do they think it will help find people to meet if people haven't a clue how to get to u when searching "

It’s because I want to. I don’t want to put my location on because it would pinpoint me and I would like some privacy.

People still find me, there’s a great feature called, “who’s near” which I’m sure they use to help find me.

By *ellroseWoman 10 weeks ago

Brum

"It’s called having a conversation but id your looking at a photoless profile and no exact location are u going to be inclined to start a chat when there's profile next to it with pic and location u can get too"

It’s a risk you have to take

By *imply DeeWoman 10 weeks ago

Wherever

If people are bothered by things like this, I don’t want them to find me anyway.

By *arlot o scaraWoman 10 weeks ago

Hell

"I’m not really that bothered about people knowing where I am. If I like them, I’ll travel. Or they can travel. but you have a pic that will get attention in or a blank profile with no real location "

Well when I had a long profile nobody read it you can’t win on here.

» Add a new message to this topic