FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jay Slater update

Jay Slater update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igR93 OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

So Jay Slater had £60,000 for fundraising through gofundme which his mother I believe withdrew

Latest update is that his mother has reopened the gofundme to ask for more donations to his

Funeral

Was £60,000 not enough? Why is his mother profiteering?

Mad

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eordieJeansCouple 12 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Repatriation (if that’s the correct term) fees I’m guessing. No idea what they are but I can’t imagine it’s cheap.

By *hromosexualsCouple 12 weeks ago

Near Abercynon

Well, nobody has to donate...

By *igR93 OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

"Repatriation (if that’s the correct term) fees I’m guessing. No idea what they are but I can’t imagine it’s cheap."

£3,500 - £4,500 seems to be the average..

Still…

I wonder when the gofundme will end

By *rchitectMan 12 weeks ago

Dorchester

I doubt that he had any sort of holiday insurance so even getting his body home would be very expensive.

It has to be done by private jet I believe.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 12 weeks ago

Leeds

They paid for searches, accomodation, food, flights etc yes that's a lot but no one has to donate, the ones who want to will those who don't won't.

Who are you or anyone to judge they've just lost a child, if they want to send him off in a Bentley and a casket of gold they can do exactly what they want.

Time to let them grieve now.

Mrs

By *WB99Man 12 weeks ago

the north

Didn’t she also hire a private investigation team too?

By *till gameMan 12 weeks ago

two doors down

"I doubt that he had any sort of holiday insurance so even getting his body home would be very expensive.

It has to be done by private jet I believe."

Nope I worked for a large charter airline and brought many bodies back in the hold

By *eordieJeansCouple 12 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I doubt that he had any sort of holiday insurance so even getting his body home would be very expensive.

Nope I worked for a large charter airline and brought many bodies back in the hold "

Bundy?

By *till gameMan 12 weeks ago

two doors down

Nope I worked for a large charter airline and brought many bodies back in the hold

Bundy?"

Just call me ted

By *old MemberMan 12 weeks ago

Worcester

Maybe they should ask the gangsters he was involved with to contribute.

By *batMan 12 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Maybe people should contribute or not according to their choice.

Gbat

By *aitonelMan 12 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Maybe people should contribute or not according to their choice.

Gbat "

This!

Though I do wonder, people are happy to throw their money at a stranger that sets up a gofundme, but won't give to charity the same way. Or that plenty of people die or go missing abroad, under less suspicious circumstances but they don't get any kind of attention or support of this level.

What is it that has people sucked in to this particular sob story over others.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Burley

Maybe she needs the money for the Jay Slater Memorial Swimming Pool in her back garden? Also, funerals are expensive - the horse-drawn hearse with the 6 matched white horses, the floral tributes the size of a garden shed and the two-storey marble mausoleum with carved angels. All these essentials will cost a packet.

By *ad NannaWoman 12 weeks ago

East London

A fraction of the circa £13 million spent looking for Madeleine McCann, and that was tax payers money.

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"A fraction of the circa £13 million spent looking for Madeleine McCann, and that was tax payers money."
and yet her "parents" walk freely

By *ophieslutTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Central

I think decent adults will understand the tragic predicament and be able to decide for themselves. She has my care and support

Heard theres a cheap timepiece gping cheap???

By *emonbuttercreamWoman 12 weeks ago

Birmingham

And all the roads we have to walk are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how...

Now i want to nip to shop for a bottle of oasis

By *ty31Man 12 weeks ago

NW London

"Maybe people should contribute or not according to their choice.

Gbat "

Agreed, although that's far too level headed and sensible a point for Fab forums!

I do hope though that some of the money gets donated to the mountain rescue team who worked so hard to find the poor kid and give the family some form of closure

By *oofy321Man 12 weeks ago

moon base zero

The reason this is followed in the news is because he had a history...normal people go missing everyday but those dont sell newspapers...

By *ansoffateMan 12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"The reason this is followed in the news is because he had a history...normal people go missing everyday but those dont sell newspapers..."

It's true that. Granted it's a long time ago, but when I lived in Tenerife people would disappear all the time, some pretty gruesome rumours.

By *asycouple1971Couple 12 weeks ago

midlands

I thought the money raised was to find him not for a funeral, new sports car, pay off mortgage and new 80 inch tv etc.

By *agic johnsonMan 12 weeks ago

morden

Sick of all these people on YouTube cashing in on his death promoting conspiracys about him , sickening , not even English people , just anyone regurgitating other people's vids

By *rHotNottsMan 12 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Sick of all these people on YouTube cashing in on his death promoting conspiracys about him , sickening , not even English people , just anyone regurgitating other people's vids "

They should at least be English , what’s the world co ing too eh ?

By *agic johnsonMan 11 weeks ago

morden

"Sick of all these people on YouTube cashing in on his death promoting conspiracys about him , sickening , not even English people , just anyone regurgitating other people's vids

They should at least be English , what’s the world co ing too eh ? "

div , you got yanks just using other people's vids as their own

By *rHotNottsMan 10 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"So Jay Slater had £60,000 for fundraising through gofundme which his mother I believe withdrew

Latest update is that his mother has reopened the gofundme to ask for more donations to his

Funeral

Mad "

I can’t believe this, on the page she is still asking for more money to give him the funeral he deserves and gullible people are still giving it

By *atricia ParnelWoman 10 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

"So Jay Slater had £60,000 for fundraising through gofundme which his mother I believe withdrew

Funeral

Mad

I can’t believe this, on the page she is still asking for more money to give him the funeral he deserves and gullible people are still giving it "

They need it, £52,000 for that Dutch search team, £4,000 to fly him home, doesn't leave much for his funeral, and she's broke

By *ophieslutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Central

Funeral

Mad

I can’t believe this, on the page she is still asking for more money to give him the funeral he deserves and gullible people are still giving it

They need it, £52,000 for that Dutch search team, £4,000 to fly him home, doesn't leave much for his funeral, and she's broke"

People need to show her decent respect, for her grief and extreme difficulties that few of us will ever face

» Add a new message to this topic