FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hot summer, cool drinks

Hot summer, cool drinks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    11 weeks ago

So.... what's the freezing point of a bottle of Reisling?

One year, a half-German half-Irish buddy of mine from school made vodka slushie at home and brought it over to my place.

My friend, let's call her Louise, all 4'11" of her could hold her liquor much better than me at that time (I was in my late 20s) and we got hilariously smashed but that teeny little midget was still able to get the bus home from my place while I was in a world of hurt the next day.

Anyhoooo... it's 28 degrees here in Rich Town.... going up to 31 by Saturday.

Does anyone know the freezing point of certain wines and spirits?

My Coke zero exploded this morning because I'd forgotten it in the freezer but surely we can all come up with a few recipes to deal with the heatwave...

Still can't remember how the vodka slushie worked though....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rPunxMan 11 weeks ago

Hull

Vodka definitely won't freeze, it just gets thicker and syrupy in consistency much like schnapps (wich might also act the same in the freezer). You can leave it in there. Not to sure about liquids though. Think it's more about duration than temperature. But might be worth Googling the answers for whatever you currently have.

By (user no longer on site) OP    11 weeks ago

"Vodka definitely won't freeze, it just gets thicker and syrupy in consistency much like schnapps (wich might also act the same in the freezer). You can leave it in there. Not to sure about liquids though. Think it's more about duration than temperature. But might be worth Googling the answers for whatever you currently have."

Yeah but... there are loads of recipes out there for frozen daiquiris...

I'm just curious to hear what y'all drink at home.

» Add a new message to this topic