FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does the 'Early Bird' really 'Catch the Worm'?

Does the 'Early Bird' really 'Catch the Worm'?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    11 weeks ago

New research from Imperial College London indicates that early risers may NOT be as intelligent as those who stay up late at night! Which challenges the conventional belief that "the early bird catches the worm!"

I'm wondering, could the fact that men wake up with 'morning glory' be corroborative evidence of the 'early risers' being less intelligent?

And, just to satisfy my perverted curiosity ... Which one are you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r John WickMan 11 weeks ago

The Continental

Some wake up with morning glory because they’re bursting for a piss, and the muscles used to hold it in, subconsciously produce a parting great stork on.

That’s my experience.

I don’t wake with morning glory because I’m horny.

Probably makes me half intelligent.

I’ll take that.

By *eading beddingMan 11 weeks ago

Berks

I've always been of the attitude that the second mouse gets the cheese OP!

Ps it's possible to have 'morning glory' after/during a lie in ??

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

"New research from Imperial College London indicates that early risers may NOT be as intelligent as those who stay up late at night! Which challenges the conventional belief that "the early bird catches the worm!"

I'm wondering, could the fact that men wake up with 'morning glory' be corroborative evidence of the 'early risers' being less intelligent?

And, just to satisfy my perverted curiosity ... Which one are you?"

Worms come out at night thus birds who get up early catch them and eat well! Hormone levels of testosterone are higher in the morning hence the morning glory.

By *till gameMan 11 weeks ago

two doors down

I go by the Scottish version

“ he who hingeth aboot, getith hee haw “

By *erfHerder74Man 11 weeks ago

Greenock

"Some wake up with morning glory because they’re bursting for a piss, and the muscles used to hold it. "

Absolutely

Although after peeing it can still be quite hard

"New research from Imperial College London indicates that early risers may NOT be as intelligent as those who stay up late at night! Which challenges the conventional belief that "the early bird catches the worm!"

Hmmm, I take it that you are suggesting in the second para that there is evidence that men are less intelligent than women cos they 'rise' early, my dear! Honestly, some of us can rise anytime, just pass me that bottle with the little blue pills and I will show you

By *eordieJeansCouple 11 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I wake up early most days and me most intellagint man on dis 4rum

By *929Man 11 weeks ago

newcastle

Haha morning glory is usually because testosterone is at its peak when you wake and slowly declines as day goes on.

I’m neither I like to get up 7 through the week and no later than 8 at weekend as getting up too late makes day feel like it goes nowhere

By *r.SJMan 11 weeks ago

Wellingborough

Certain things still rise early... though generally speaking, I am far more a night owl

By *ansoffateMan 11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Definitive proof as far as I am concerned.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 11 weeks ago

North West

I don't care about the science, I'm a committed, lifelong night owl and I'm clinging to this report/study!!! It's been implied my whole life that I'm lazy or laughed at for struggling to be up early, but ha!! Take that, Early Rising Aficionados!

By *heBigLibowskiMan 11 weeks ago

Hampshire

I used to be a night owl but I need about 9 hours sleep these days.

Can't be an early riser or a night owl getting that amount of pillow time.

By *HUSH-Man 11 weeks ago

London

I get up at 5:30 and I’m pretty dumb. So can confirm study.

Also have morning wood regardless of what time I get up. It just does it’s own thing.

I am often up before 6.00 (and walk the dog then) and go to bed after my late night dog walk (so after midnight).

I am probably to tired and to old to be intelligent during the day.

Hi all, Sorry I haven't been around all day to respond to your posts. And before I do, can I please kindly ask that you keep your comments on the thread and not in my inbox. Thanks

When I saw this article on Insta, I was genuinely interested...I have very little scientific knowledge. I'm a history and language fan myself. But over my morning coffee, my perverted sense of humour started thinking about 'early risers' in a totally different context. Maybe this hot weather had put me in a horny mood

As for me...I've always been both an early riser and a night owl. Previously up early for work, then burning the midnight oil, studying for my degree. So, if the research is valid, then I guess I'm neither intelligent nor unintelligent but somewhere in between

"Some wake up with morning glory because they’re bursting for a piss, and the muscles used to hold it in, subconsciously produce a parting great stork on.

That’s my experience.

I don’t wake with morning glory because I’m horny.

Probably makes me half intelligent.

I’ll take that. "

Everyday is a school day for me on this site John

"I've always been of the attitude that the second mouse gets the cheese OP!

Ps it's possible to have 'morning glory' after/during a lie in ??"

I'm out of witty remarks this evening, but your comments made me chuckle

Worms come out at night thus birds who get up early catch them and eat well! Hormone levels of testosterone are higher in the morning hence the morning glory. "

I like your analogy

"I go by the Scottish version

“ he who hingeth aboot, getith hee haw “"

Sorry StillGame, I'm going some help translating this one

"Some wake up with morning glory because they’re bursting for a piss, and the muscles used to hold it.

Absolutely

Although after peeing it can still be quite hard"

What causes that? Do you know? I'm genuinely interested

Hmmm, I take it that you are suggesting in the second para that there is evidence that men are less intelligent than women cos they 'rise' early, my dear! Honestly, some of us can rise anytime, just pass me that bottle with the little blue pills and I will show you "

Mr Phooey, are you flirting with me You know I'm a shy, innocent type. I know nothing of such matters

"I wake up early most days and me most intellagint man on dis 4rum"

We'll all be coming to you with our complex problems for you to solve, Mr Jeans

"Haha morning glory is usually because testosterone is at its peak when you wake and slowly declines as day goes on.

I’m neither I like to get up 7 through the week and no later than 8 at weekend as getting up too late makes day feel like it goes nowhere "

I'm learning so much from this thread. I don't why I didn't post it sooner

"Certain things still rise early... though generally speaking, I am far more a night owl"

Best of both worlds Mr S.J. That's how I like it

"Definitive proof as far as I am concerned."

Ah, so you're a night owl then Hans

I don't care about the science, I'm a committed, lifelong night owl and I'm clinging to this report/study!!! It's been implied my whole life that I'm lazy or laughed at for struggling to be up early, but ha!! Take that, Early Rising Aficionados!

"

I hear you Mrs KC As soon as I get my degree certificate, I'm going to take a photo holding it, sticking to fingers up, and send it to all those people who implied the same about me all my life.

I'll send you a link to the report/ study, so you can cling onto it as much as you want

"I used to be a night owl but I need about 9 hours sleep these days.

Can't be an early riser or a night owl getting that amount of pillow time."

What changed Lib? Do you have any tips for me? Even though I no longer need to stay awake half the night, I'm still a terrible sleeper

"I get up at 5:30 and I’m pretty dumb. So can confirm study.

Also have morning wood regardless of what time I get up. It just does it’s own thing. "

Oh come now, I'm S.U.R.E. you're exaggerating the first part of your comment

"I am often up before 6.00 (and walk the dog then) and go to bed after my late night dog walk (so after midnight).

I am probably to tired and to old to be intelligent during the day."

You really do love your dog, don't you HK. You've mentioned him on nearly every thread I've read in the past couple of days. Is there something you want to get off your chest?

By *ansoffateMan 11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"Definitive proof as far as I am concerned.

Ah, so you're a night owl then Hans "

Absolutely, I'm a genius - I wake up with afternoon glory.

"Definitive proof as far as I am concerned.

Ah, so you're a night owl then Hans

Absolutely, I'm a genius - I wake up with afternoon glory. "

Now, that IS what I call genius

By *inky_couple2020Couple 11 weeks ago

North West

I hear you Mrs KC As soon as I get my degree certificate, I'm going to take a photo holding it, sticking to fingers up, and send it to all those people who implied the same about me all my life.

I'll send you a link to the report/ study, so you can cling onto it as much as you want "

I read it in the Guardian and then went to the original paper. Sent it straight to Mr KC (an early bird) who started pecking holes in the methodology. I'm not having any of it. It's actual scientific fact now

By *rHotNottsMan 11 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’m an early riser, love to be up and about before the sun , super productive before 9am.

Although at times I quite like a siesta and a late night but generally a morning person.

By *till gameMan 11 weeks ago

two doors down

Sorry StillGame, I'm going some help translating this one "

Ha ha , the person who hangs around , gets nothing

By *HUSH-Man 11 weeks ago

London

Also have morning wood regardless of what time I get up. It just does it’s own thing.

Oh come now, I'm S.U.R.E. you're exaggerating the first part of your comment "

Ok you’re right. Sometimes it’s 5:45

"I’m an early riser, love to be up and about before the sun , super productive before 9am.

Although at times I quite like a siesta and a late night but generally a morning person."

Well, this puts Imperial College's research into question, doesn't it!

Mr HN, you're a very intelligent man, and you're an early riser!

And ...

Mrs KC is a very intelligent woman, and she's a night owl!

Now I don't know what to believe

Sorry StillGame, I'm going some help translating this one

Ha ha , the person who hangs around , gets nothing "

AHA! Now I get it Thanks

Oh come now, I'm S.U.R.E. you're exaggerating the first part of your comment

Ok you’re right. Sometimes it’s 5:45"

That 15 minutes can make all the difference some mornings

» Add a new message to this topic