FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > why hide a veris?

why hide a veris?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ool Couple OP   Couple 11 weeks ago

Richmond

yes, why hide Veris?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *till gameMan 11 weeks ago

two doors down

Freedom of choice

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 11 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

I hide my really explicit ones. Not easy reading. Non fiction/thriller

By *ondiego85Man 11 weeks ago

nottingham

Because some people may not feel like an Amazon product.

By *asterMeliodasMan 11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"yes, why hide Veris? "

The reason I do it is actually because of advice from the woman I had a social with last Friday. She said that people have in the past contacted her like "Hey, I saw you verified suchandsuch, what are they like?" and she dislikes the idea of being used as a go-between for matches she has no connection with. Advised me to do the same to ensure the privacy of the people who are verifying me.

I only make them public if needed, like to let the organisers of a social I'm going to see them.

By *eliWoman 11 weeks ago

I don't know OP, it's shocking behaviour isn't it? People should display everything.

By *naswingdressWoman 11 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

1. People leaving the site will remove the ability to show a veri

2. Ditto a block

3. I've had a few where people have used my name

4. Occasionally drama related reasons

By *luebell888Woman 11 weeks ago

Glasgowish

Because I have alot and as they are all similar I wouldn't want to bore people.

By *oe n JayCouple 11 weeks ago

Surrey

Sometimes it's because others have left fab and the verification will disappear

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 11 weeks ago

Leeds

If people leave the site their verification disappears but still shows on the summary.

I show all my social verifications I don't show sexual ones, it's not sexual trip advisor.

Mrs

By *he love catsCouple 11 weeks ago

South Wales

We state in our profile that we don't wish to receive or give them, if that's a problem for someone wishing to meet up with us then that's their choice entirely not to.

I just find them very cringey if I'm honest.

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

I’ve never had a verification posted for anything other than a social meet but it’s still no one’s business who I’ve met.

By *imi_RougeWoman 11 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I only show the most recent ones, don't feel the need to show every one since I joined.

By *rimson_RoseWoman 11 weeks ago

Tamworth

I generally keep only my most current and hide anything particularly graphic.

By *he Silver FuxMan 11 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"yes, why hide Veris? "

They were too complimentary - next thing everyone will want a meet like that

By *ealitybitesMan 11 weeks ago

Belfast

Because not everyone I've met was a decent human being after I had verified them.

Because many of them have left the site for various reasons.

Because some people have an active imagination and write verifications that had no relevance to what actually took place.

Because some lovely and very productive forum users have taken it upon themselves to contact people I've been verified by to ask for my name and other personal details.

Lots of reasons why.

By *D3!Man 11 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I hid mine because every time I got one I would have hundreds of people looking at my profile just to read what was said etc, made me feel weird and also the messages that came with it so made the choice not to show them (but I do appreciate them )

Uttoxeter

"We state in our profile that we don't wish to receive or give them, if that's a problem for someone wishing to meet up with us then that's their choice entirely not to.

I just find them very cringey if I'm honest.

"

But do you meet men that have no verifications…

By *abluesbabyMan 11 weeks ago

Gibraltar/Cheshire/London

Mine are always hidden as unfortunately I have often been rigorously "approached" by certain people on here for specific details on some of the Fabbers that have left me great veri's.

I have been asked for numerous things from pics & vids and "gory details" of meets to them asking for actual contact details and especially phone numbers and - for some profiles wishing to remain anonymous - face pics.

Its easier just to hide them these days.

Uttoxeter

"I hid mine because every time I got one I would have hundreds of people looking at my profile just to read what was said etc, made me feel weird and also the messages that came with it so made the choice not to show them (but I do appreciate them )"

Hundreds of views after a verification? Really?

Uttoxeter

"Mine are always hidden as unfortunately I have often been rigorously "approached" by certain people on here for specific details on some of the Fabbers that have left me great veri's.

I have been asked for numerous things from pics & vids and "gory details" of meets to them asking for actual contact details and especially phone numbers and - for some profiles wishing to remain anonymous - face pics.

"

This has never happened to me in 6 years on being on Fab

By *onkeynutWoman 11 weeks ago

somewhere

Because my business is my business, no one else’s.

By *ycanNightsMan 11 weeks ago

Workington

Because I want to ...

By *abluesbabyMan 11 weeks ago

Gibraltar/Cheshire/London

"Mine are always hidden as unfortunately I have often been rigorously "approached" by certain people on here for specific details on some of the Fabbers that have left me great veri's.

This has never happened to me in 6 years on being on Fab"

And I sincerely hope it continues that way for you for however many years you are on here for in the future too.

By *eneralKenobiMan 11 weeks ago

North Angus

It’s a case of Nunyah

By *elticGent2024Man 11 weeks ago

Kempston

To a certain degree, verifications are pointless. For example, would you publish a bad one? Also, how good or bad a meet may have been between two people has no bearing on how it would be with someone else. Plus, lots of reasons already mentioned. The green tick is enough.

Richmond

"yes, why hide Veris?

The reason I do it is actually because of advice from the woman I had a social with last Friday. She said that people have in the past contacted her like "Hey, I saw you verified suchandsuch, what are they like?" and she dislikes the idea of being used as a go-between for matches she has no connection with. Advised me to do the same to ensure the privacy of the people who are verifying me.

I only make them public if needed, like to let the organisers of a social I'm going to see them."

Id say if she feels like that and you agree, then why do a very at all?

Uttoxeter

"To a certain degree, verifications are pointless. For example, would you publish a bad one? Also, how good or bad a meet may have been between two people has no bearing on how it would be with someone else. Plus, lots of reasons already mentioned. The green tick is enough."

I disagree, veris especially for a single guy, are key to success on this site

Richmond

"To a certain degree, verifications are pointless. For example, would you publish a bad one? Also, how good or bad a meet may have been between two people has no bearing on how it would be with someone else. Plus, lots of reasons already mentioned. The green tick is enough."

they prove a person is actually having meets, and you can tell from the veri what the meet was like, it is important

By *D3!Man 11 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"I hid mine because every time I got one I would have hundreds of people looking at my profile just to read what was said etc, made me feel weird and also the messages that came with it so made the choice not to show them (but I do appreciate them )

Hundreds of views after a verification? Really? "

Yes really, don't know why, I'm not that interesting lol

By *asterMeliodasMan 11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"yes, why hide Veris?

I only make them public if needed, like to let the organisers of a social I'm going to see them.

Id say if she feels like that and you agree, then why do a very at all? "

Because you can still show *how many* verifications you have without the detail.

By *radleywigginsMan 11 weeks ago

northwest

Because I get inundated with messages off the back of them because I’m so fucking amazing

Richmond

"Because my business is my business, no one else’s."

that's cool, Id say then dont do a verification and dont accept them in the first place

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 11 weeks ago

somewhere

If I was meeting, I might show some but I'm not, so they are hidden.

By *ichtingleMan 11 weeks ago

Manchester City Centre

"

I've had this too

Richmond

"Because not everyone I've met was a decent human being after I had verified them.

Because some people have an active imagination and write verifications that had no relevance to what actually took place.

Because some lovely and very productive forum users have taken it upon themselves to contact people I've been verified by to ask for my name and other personal details.

Lots of reasons why."

when they leave the site , the verification disappears .

cross checking is 100% fine , if asked , you tell them what you are comfortable saying or just ignore or block them .

fake verifications? yes that can be reported

ps: if you meet someone and then have a disagreement or dont like them , when you block them - the verification you gave will disappear

Richmond

"I generally keep only my most current and hide anything particularly graphic. "

cool

Richmond

"1. People leaving the site will remove the ability to show a veri

2. Ditto a block

3. I've had a few where people have used my name

4. Occasionally drama related reasons"

totally fair , you have control of your profile , understandable

Richmond

"Because I have alot and as they are all similar I wouldn't want to bore people."

lol, fair

Richmond

"I don't know OP, it's shocking behaviour isn't it? People should display everything."

I dont think so , I dont show all ours

By *B69Woman 11 weeks ago

Wiltshire

I will only show a couple, some people are too nosey

Richmond

"Because some people may not feel like an Amazon product."

I like amazon for the reviews

By *ustBoWoman 11 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Because I want to it's a simple as that .There are various reasons why I have hidden veris but that's my business and no one else's. I don't know why people want to see every veri someone has. It's nothing to do with anyone else who I have met and what happened. I show the ones I want to show.

Belfast

"Because not everyone I've met was a decent human being after I had verified them.

Lots of reasons why.

cross checking is 100% fine , if asked , you tell them what you are comfortable saying or just ignore or block them .

ps: if you meet someone and then have a disagreement or dont like them , when you block them - the verification you gave will disappear "

Are you giving me instructions? I've been here for years and I know all of that. I listed the reasons that I don't show verifications.

Also, cross checking is not acceptable at all. I'm not talking about people asking me about others because they would be politely told to fuck off. I'm talking about people I've never met or spoken to getting in touch with those I have met. They aren't asking if I'm a nice guy or a good fuck. They are asking for my name, address, place of work etc.

By *lirtyfun123Woman 11 weeks ago

essex

I like receiving veris as they’re sometimes nice to look back on but I don’t show them as it feels like I’m a product being reviewed lol.

Richmond

Lots of reasons why.

ps: if you meet someone and then have a disagreement or dont like them , when you block them - the verification you gave will disappear

Are you giving me instructions? I've been here for years and I know all of that. I listed the reasons that I don't show verifications.

Also, cross checking is not acceptable at all. I'm not talking about people asking me about others because they would be politely told to fuck off. I'm talking about people I've never met or spoken to getting in touch with those I have met. They aren't asking if I'm a nice guy or a good fuck. They are asking for my name, address, place of work etc.

"

really? Ive been on here 10 years and no one has ever asked those things , oh well

ps: you do show 13 womens verifications though, no one wants to ask about them?

By *lleyCat1969Man 11 weeks ago

Folkestone

"I only show the most recent ones, don't feel the need to show every one since I joined. "

This. Nobody cares about who or what I did in 2011.

Richmond

"I like receiving veris as they’re sometimes nice to look back on but I don’t show them as it feels like I’m a product being reviewed lol. "

although you do show one young fit guys verification of you, lol , all fair though, cool

Richmond

"I only show the most recent ones, don't feel the need to show every one since I joined.

This. Nobody cares about who or what I did in 2011."

facts.

Belfast

Lots of reasons why.

really? Ive been on here 10 years and no one has ever asked those things , oh well

ps: you do show 13 womens verifications though, no one wants to ask about them?"

Nobody has ever asked me about any of my verifications but people I have verified in the past have gone on to contact those on my list and befriend them and play silly games so they have been blocked.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 11 weeks ago

your head

Because what I get up to is no one else's business.

By *he turned me GreyCouple 11 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"yes, why hide Veris? "

Cuz they can n want to....if you were to not display a veri or veris, why do you think that maybe?...

Mr

Warwick and Coventry

You have a lot more than the 40 your showing, what you guys hiding?

Mr

By *andT2023Couple 11 weeks ago

in the middle

Because mine were weaponised and used against me when i wouldnt meet someone, another guy went through the veris of the people who had verified me to make judgements . Also led to a stalker situation.

I too have received messages asking me for details on a meet as someone is considering meeting said person !

I dont really see the value in them other than to show you are a real person.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 11 weeks ago

Essex

3 things I don’t display (it’s not an exhaustive list however):-

Sexual Verifications (they attract nut jobs & tend to be used like an instruction manual)

My cervix

My address

Privacy, choice… yada yada yada.

Uttoxeter

Lots of reasons why.

Nobody has ever asked me about any of my verifications but people I have verified in the past have gone on to contact those on my list and befriend them and play silly games so they have been blocked."

This is a legit way of using verifications to get in touch and expand hotlists etc. seeing Verifications of others by friends is a fantastic way of finding genuine people and connecting - they’ve played with people you know and respect, equally verifications are a good way of filtering out people you’d rather not meet. I understand and respect the choice if people would rather not share their past encounters but where veris are published they are a great networking tool.

Richmond

"You have a lot more than the 40 your showing, what you guys hiding?

Mr "

lol, hiding some because they are years old and also some are irrelevant to what we are up to now ,

Belfast

Lots of reasons why.

Nobody has ever asked me about any of my verifications but people I have verified in the past have gone on to contact those on my list and befriend them and play silly games so they have been blocked.

This is a legit way of using verifications to get in touch and expand hotlists etc. seeing Verifications of others by friends is a fantastic way of finding genuine people and connecting - they’ve played with people you know and respect, equally verifications are a good way of filtering out people you’d rather not meet. I understand and respect the choice if people would rather not share their past encounters but where veris are published they are a great networking tool. "

Each to their own but I've no interest in meeting anyone who is comfortable sharing other people's details for whatever reason, or asking for them.

Because people give them when you don't want one.

By *ora the explorerWoman 11 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

Privacy. I don’t want anyone knowing my business. I don’t leave veris either.

By *ucka39Man 11 weeks ago

Newcastle

Some people get jealous

By *r SproutMan 11 weeks ago

the middle somewhere

Mr

lol, hiding some because they are years old and also some are irrelevant to what we are up to now , "

Would you like to hide a veri from me?

By *eneralKenobiMan 11 weeks ago

North Angus

"Some people get jealous "

Oh I’ve had that and I’ve had messages like “You met her, you can do better than that”

Rude and unnecessary

Sone people don’t even leave them

*ghasp!

By *ittlebirdWoman 11 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"yes, why hide Veris? "

Because I can

By *orksRockerMan 11 weeks ago

Bradford

"Privacy. I don’t want anyone knowing my business. I don’t leave veris either. "

Yess, my thoughts exactly

By *eroLondonMan 11 weeks ago

Mayfair

For a multitude of reasons —

to mitigate the envy or jealousy, to avoid the drama and the inquisitive nature of some people; or perhaps to hide the shame that I met an 'enfant terrible' or a 'femme fatale' — who may have been ostracised by the Fab Community but was susceptible to my charm and passions.

Finally, those verifications which have become stale, moth-eat and decrepit, which then necessities that I meet them again, beguile them, seduce them and then exchange a fresh set of verifications to display in all their heavenly glory.

By *astandFeistyCouple 11 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Because my business is my business, no one else’s.

that's cool, Id say then dont do a verification and dont accept them in the first place "

Why?

You can show the summary which shows how many you've met and when the last one was.

By *eyond PurityCouple 11 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

We display a lot of ours - some we don’t, as they are too graphic.

If people make choices not to meet us based from our veris then they wouldn’t be the type we’d want to meet anyway.

A verification for us is a reminder of a time spent - what people do with our verifications is their business - we wouldn’t start hiding or unhiding ones to please people.

I’d like to think they show us as easy going so hopefully they are good being shown.

K

Warwick and Coventry

Mr

lol, hiding some because they are years old and also some are irrelevant to what we are up to now ,

Would you like to hide a veri from me? "

We'll hide one Sprouty

Mr

Richmond

"We display a lot of ours - some we don’t, as they are too graphic.

If people make choices not to meet us based from our veris then they wouldn’t be the type we’d want to meet anyway.

A verification for us is a reminder of a time spent - what people do with our verifications is their business - we wouldn’t start hiding or unhiding ones to please people.

I’d like to think they show us as easy going so hopefully they are good being shown.

K

"

super cool

Richmond

"Some people get jealous "

this is interesting and I think for another thread, jealousy on a swingers website , that is stupidly on a new level

By *r SproutMan 11 weeks ago

the middle somewhere

Mr

We'll hide one Sprouty

Mr"

I’m in

By *ucka39Man 11 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Some people get jealous

Oh I’ve had that and I’ve had messages like “You met her, you can do better than that”

Rude and unnecessary "

Some people don't realise how many people they could be chatting with and suddenly receive a verification and spit thy dummy and go crazy

Warwick and Coventry

Mr

We'll hide one Sprouty

Mr

I’m in "

Get typing then Sprouty

By *gent CoulsonMan 11 weeks ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Because we can and prevents issues.

Several years ago I got blocked by someone because I had a veri from someone she didn't get on with

By *vaRose43Woman 11 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

"yes, why hide Veris? "

The two times I’ve published my veris my inbox exploded with messages from people who seem to watch the updates page and think “oooh she’s meeting let’s bombard her”. So I keep them hidden for that alone.

But also I’m fairly private. Who I’ve met and what I’ve done is between me and the person I’m with. I love getting a verification but they’re for personal use only.

By *herry delightWoman 11 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

I started hiding some of mine as men were messing them trying to arrange a 4sum with some couples I have met, even though I had already said no or in some cases I had blocked them.

By *lfa RomeoMan 11 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

After I reached 1000 Veris I decided to hide mine

By *viatrixWoman 11 weeks ago

Redhill

"yes, why hide Veris?

I only make them public if needed, like to let the organisers of a social I'm going to see them."

I’ve had this… I don’t like it either haha.

Also a woman sometime went round contacting my FWBs asking for FaF. Yes really.

Not all veris are hidden- I have lots but many people have left Fab, so they show on my count but the veris aren’t there anymore.

By *heelofTimeCouple 11 weeks ago

Two Rivers

Very simple for discretion it’s no one’s business who we meet and none of ours who they meet.

By *ex HolesMan 11 weeks ago

Up North

GREEN

EYED

MONSTERS

Paradise, Herts

"Because we can and prevents issues.

Several years ago I got blocked by someone because I had a veri from someone she didn't get on with"

I’ve not met someone because of who they’ve met before. This is why even though I hide mine I don’t like it when others do

By *rHotNottsMan 11 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I hide mine mostly, I don't see any benefit for people I’m not meeting to know who I meet and who my friends are and there’s lot of potential disadvantages

By *enrietteandSamCouple 11 weeks ago

Staffordshire

We hide some of them because of the ongoing investigations.

Paradise, Herts

"We hide some of them because of the ongoing investigations.

"

By *affron40Woman 11 weeks ago

manchester

I don’t want anyone to know I bummed Rex

By *lirtyfun123Woman 11 weeks ago

essex

"I like receiving veris as they’re sometimes nice to look back on but I don’t show them as it feels like I’m a product being reviewed lol.

although you do show one young fit guys verification of you, lol , all fair though, cool"

Yeah my fwb’s one

By *ddie1966Man 11 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

So others don't pester the verifier.

I'll always unhide them for a short while so someone else can be confident I'm genuine though.

By *lleyCat1969Man 11 weeks ago

Folkestone

There was a lady who had over 400 verifications by meeting. She certainly didn't display all of them!

By *r Mrs FuckableCouple 11 weeks ago

Stoke

Because we can

By *illan-KillashMan 11 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"yes, why hide Veris? "

Who I meet is two peoples business, mine and the person I met.

Stops the nosey twats and drama llamas.

By *acksparrow99Man 11 weeks ago

Canary Wharf, London

Some may be backhanded compliments, like "Has a massive cock... for a midget" or "Never have I been sucked so hard I need stitches on my back"

» Add a new message to this topic